A little help

DaWolfie

There is no way to get a second starter before the first gym in a 'legitimate' way, given that there is no online trading system for Rejuvenation. Throughout the game, you will come across a number of starters, but if I'm not mistaken Torchic isn't one of them yet. Popplio is available late game.

As @Kamikaze_Fritz said, Torchi is not available to be caught -yet-

Most of the other can be obtained later but before the first gym, none, only the started you, well, started with..
Here's a tip, don't do like most pokemon games and just stick with a team, change it according to the leader you're facing, in the case of Venam, I suggest you get a Woobat, raise it's friendship to max (running around can help, tho' it might take some time) and evolve it to Swoobat or catch a Scatterbug on Route 1 and evolve it to Vivillon (In which it will learn Psybeam which can help).

2 hours ago, Espeon said:

There is no way to get a second starter before the first gym in a 'legitimate' way, given that there is no online trading system for Rejuvenation. Throughout the game, you will come across a number of starters, but if I'm not mistaken Torchic isn't one of them yet. Popplio is available late game.

Do you know any illegitemate ways to get torchic on my team? I kinda wanna build a team with those 2 starters

43 minutes ago, DaWolfie said:

Do you know any illegitemate ways to get torchic on my team? I kinda wanna build a team with those 2 starters

Nope. Although I can't rule out the possibility of there being ways to hack it into your game or using mods or whatever, I don't know about any of this stuff, so I'm afraid I can't help you with it.

3 hours ago, DaWolfie said:

you could use debug, but if youre playing rejuv for the first time it would probably be better to do it without. if you really wanted both starters though, I'd restart and pick torchic because popplio is available later, whereas you can only get torchic as a starter right now

12 hours ago, radiationradio said:

you could use debug, but if youre playing rejuv for the first time it would probably be better to do it without. if you really wanted both starters though, I'd restart and pick torchic because popplio is available later, whereas you can only get torchic as a starter right now

can you debug the game? I wanna finish the game with a selected strong team first and then finish without any cheats. If you can debug, can you please tell me how to do it?

6 hours ago, DaWolfie said:

can you debug the game? I wanna finish the game with a selected strong team first and then finish without any cheats. If you can debug, can you please tell me how to do it?

Jan discourages using a debug mode to play the game. It can mess up your save file and softlock or crash your game. There was a debug mode for Rejuvenation version 11, but it is not compatible anymore with version 12(like I said, it crashes your game and messes up some aspects). 

Try to play the game the legitimate way first. One of the best parts of games like Rejuvenation is trying out new Pokémon and experimenting with different strategies. 

51 minutes ago, Nocturne93 said:

Jan discourages using a debug mode to play the game. It can mess up your save file and softlock or crash your game. There was a debug mode for Rejuvenation version 11, but it is not compatible anymore with version 12(like I said, it crashes your game and messes up some aspects). 

Try to play the game the legitimate way first. One of the best parts of games like Rejuvenation is trying out new Pokémon and experimenting with different strategies. 

Alright... I gotta start again I guess do you know where to find popplio?

2 minutes ago, DaWolfie said:

Alright... I gotta start again I guess do you know where to find popplio?

Yes, you can obtain Popplio at the end of the current version. You'll need 14 gym badges and the HM for Dive. There's a location guide here on the forums to easily find where to obtain every available Pokémon:

Popplio is available from an event on Route 6. 

On 2/9/2021 at 7:46 AM, DaWolfie said:

Debug mode, but as stated, because it was designed for version 11, it doesn't perform well with version 12. 
It soft locks in battles when there is a KO on either side with more than one Pokemon, can crash the game and cause other glitches. 

Admittedly, I have used Debug but with the exception of giving my Gliscor Earthquake (because it's stupid that it doesn't learn it naturally) I DO NOT use it to create significant advantages that the game doesn't provide. Even with that Earthquake access, I am still struggling, more hardcore in some areas than others. 

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT believe it should be used to generate unavailable Pokemon. 

If you want a Torchic that much, I suggest restarting the game and selecting it as your starter. 
Popplio is not as exclusive as another one is available in the game, as are at least 2 other water starters and a much better fairy type. 

16 hours ago, Nocturne93 said:

Ive personally never had a problem with debug (I used the v11 debug through the entirety of v12) so I guess the experience differs for people? or theres 2 different versions of debug, idk. either way, if youre still at the beginning of the game it might be worth it just to try and see if it works, because if your save file gets messed up it wouldnt be that big of a deal haha 

While torchic is only available as a starter, poplio isn't. Although very late in the game, poplio is a reward given to you defeating one of novae's sisters Neptune in a dive spot west of kakori village. That said, you'll only be able to get it once you've finished the current main story. Neptune is also really hard, all her pokemon are around lv 85 and is in my opinion one of the hardest battles in the game. The easiest way to defeat her is changing the field first to water surface using dive and then changing it to an icy field using blizzard.