Pokemon Desolation E5 Discussion

9 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Hide contents

The gastly event has been changed untill later in the game in a different location where you get it as a choice along with two other pokemon. Electrizer is available in Celia city in the celia power plant if you defeat the electivire or finish a certain side quest  to gain access to a store which sells all evolutionary items including magamarizer and link stone which have to be bought by credits. Link stone [the trade stone] can be obtained by helping the old man find an adapter just outside of Addenfall town and also in dreamscape [if you finish the fifth gym]. sorry for the long ass text lol.

Thanks .. and what about that jinx lab!! They're eating all my credits !!

7 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Hide contents

At some point the jinx lab's portal will collapse in on itself rendering inaccessible. 

Spoiler

is there any specific reward after that ?? and can u please tell me what to do with the parcel i found in a rock on the hill to the blackview 

2 hours ago, lucari said:

Hide contents

is there any specific reward after that ?? and can u please tell me what to do with the parcel i found in a rock on the hill to the blackview 

Spoiler

For the parcel you found on a rock on top of Hardened Mountain, you should give it back to a lady in the southernmost house along route 4. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

guys can someone help me!!! the majira's keys what of the other's ive got 2nd and 3rd so far !! i got to know that i get a mega z ring from the events .. how should i trigger it? a person came to me at the manor but i cant find him again(didnt battle 7th gym) and of the builder's final quest i cant seem to find the tunnel and the conkeldurr that was about to smash it

thanks in advance for the help

20 hours ago, lucari said:
  Hide contents

guys can someone help me!!! the majira's keys what of the other's ive got 2nd and 3rd so far !! i got to know that i get a mega z ring from the events .. how should i trigger it? a person came to me at the manor but i cant find him again(didnt battle 7th gym) and of the builder's final quest i cant seem to find the tunnel and the conkeldurr that was about to smash it

thanks in advance for the help

Spoiler

As for the majira's keys there are three of them. The first key will be at the ranger outpost in blackview city. For the mega Z ring quest the scientist will be at the jinx guild at the manor [ to get the jinx guild to work in your manor you have to click on the panel towards the right of the dinner table and pay 10 credits] and talk to the scientist in the beamer grid [ yes he'll be in the beamer grid] and initiate the quest. And as for the tunnel its towards the north western part of North celia and can be accessible by the sewers. sorry for the long ass text lol.

Edited by Daniel Prithvi
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

Hide contents

As for the majira's keys there are three of them. The first key will be at the ranger outpost in blackview city. For the mega Z ring quest the scientist will be at the jinx guild at the manor [ to get the jinx guild to work in your manor you have to click on the panel towards the right of the dinner table and pay 10 credits] and talk to the scientist in the beamer grid [ yes he'll be in the beamer grid] and initiate the quest. And as for the tunnel its towards the north western part of North celia and can be accessible by the sewers. sorry for the long ass text lol.

thanks for the help bro!!

Spoiler

seriously why can i catch an articuno !!! are there any other legendaries which i can catch??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucari said:

thanks for the help bro!!

no problem at all my dude.

1 hour ago, lucari said:
  Hide contents

seriously why can i catch an articuno !!! are there any other legendaries which i can catch??

Spoiler

Sadly its only articuno in the current version. And thats because all the majira quests are all tied to all of the legendary bird trio.

• Thanks 1

Gible and Scyther are Hard No for now. There's a couple starters to get : you can trade a Treecko in blackview in exchange of a Jynx, there's a Squirtle in the sewers in Ceilia central to the Northwest, and there's a Turtwig in Ceilia North in the Fox Hideout if you look at the right place. Any other starter is at the choice at the start or bust.

Edited by Yumil

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Aurora Borealis said:
  Hide contents

did anyone found the mega stone for cinccino?

Hide contents

also how many dreamscape fragments are available and what is their purpose?

Check this out... Mega Cinccino... !!!  Amazing stats ...!!!!

Bullet Seed 

Rock blast

play rough

aqua tail..

A formidable team member ..!!

(I used rpgmaker to  make this possible though ...)

IMG_20200908_212325.jpg

Spoiler

Sena still wont move from the ranger HQ in cellia central. I’ve just beaten Garrett for the 7th gym badge and done all his sidequests (im pretty sure) but she has still not moved. I cant continue the teal panthers quest or get the second key as a result. Am i missing a quest or is this a bug? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished starting from scratch in desolation and done as much as I could in the game. Gotta say Caz, great job! I thoroughly enjoyed what I played. I was always hoping you'd return, and boy am I glad you have. The new story content, and re-experiencing the game were an absolute treat. The story is super interesting, the characters are enjoyable, and the credit system are great. I felt that reborn and rejuvination did a good job of making sidequests very meaningful, the credit system bolsters that. I know it was in the previous build but I thought I'd still highlight it. The music choices were excellent as well, in fact one of my favorite atmospheric tracks in the game is "feeling - humble beginnings" because of the situations it is used in

Some criticisms I have include some map design, and some sprites. Blackview city in particular is a confusing mess at times when you're getting used to it. The snowy forest was also a confusing a mess.  Everything kinda looks the same until you've run around it 50 times in both maps.  Connor specifically needs a new portrait, and so does rosetta. I feel like they lack the shading, and detail characters like ava have. Obviously work in progress game, but these are things I thought I would bring up

otherwise very much looking forward to episode 6 😄

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with the puzzle in Weeping Depths to obtain the Red Piece. 

The following guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnX8PFf5YOT46w9Et2pfXZissBQSgQBP/view
instructs to read the text on the wall and then circle the wall counter-clockwise to open a hidden room and that the Old Doll from the 'Explore the Depths' ranger quest is required. 

I have the doll and have circled the wall at least half a dozen times and nothing is happening. 

What am I missing or is this puzzle glitched?

To be honest, I don't even know what these pieces do, I'm just assuming that collecting them is at least worth it if not mandatory.

Just to be sure :

A) are you circling the rock formation, not the outer wall of the room ?

B) Are you straying from the formation at any point outside of necessary turns ?

C) Are you walking back at any point during the thing ? Doing so would fail the attempt.

D) Are you reading the writing before each attempt ?

I checked with caz, there's not unknown variable in the process I'm not aware of, so either there's an unknown bug in the code, or I'm not properly communicating the information. 

if you still have trouble with the thing, could you send me your savefile of the game ? i'd like to record a gif of doing the proper thing so it's clearer in the guide, but I don't feel like replaying Deso up to that point right now.

Insight is what's referred to the "A feeling of curiosity washes over you" prompts you sometimes get while in the dreamscape. There's nine of them you can get in total, and you need all nine of them to get the good ending, or 

Spoiler

only seven or more if you saved Nova from Aurora.

Quick rundown of the prompts :

Spoiler

5 In the twins's mansion in the dreamscape by examining shinies in the place

1 for the sidequest about the guy being spied on by a girl outside his house if you choose to believe the girl and confront the guy

1 for the sidequest that can result in you getting a sneasel, ghastly or riolu depending of the outcome, in any outcome that doesn't lead to you getting the sneasel

1 in the south settelement cave mural guarded by a Fox

1 in the town hall, right before finishing the first dreamscape trip, after agreeing to go back to Ayrith but before actually going back to ayrith, by going back to the town hall, talking to everyone and reading the book in the left room.

if you want a longer explanation for any, check the guide and ctrl-f for "prompts" to get quickly to each of them.

25 minutes ago, Yumil said:

Insight is what's referred to the "A feeling of curiosity washes over you" prompts you sometimes get while in the dreamscape. There's nine of them you can get in total, and you need all nine of them to get the good ending, or 

Reveal hidden contents

only seven or more if you saved Nova from Aurora.

Quick rundown of the prompts :

Reveal hidden contents

5 In the twins's mansion in the dreamscape by examining shinies in the place

1 for the sidequest about the guy being spied on by a girl outside his house if you choose to believe the girl and confront the guy

1 for the sidequest that can result in you getting a sneasel, ghastly or riolu depending of the outcome, in any outcome that doesn't lead to you getting the sneasel

1 in the south settelement cave mural guarded by a Fox

1 in the town hall, right before finishing the first dreamscape trip, after agreeing to go back to Ayrith but before actually going back to ayrith, by going back to the town hall, talking to everyone and reading the book in the left room.

if you want a longer explanation for any, check the guide and ctrl-f for "prompts" to get quickly to each of them.

ohhh thanks dude, lowkey pissed at myself for not finishing the last 10% bc I'm pretty sure I did like 90% of this when I was in the dreamscape for the first time.

21 hours ago, Yumil said:

Just to be sure :

A) are you circling the rock formation, not the outer wall of the room ?

B) Are you straying from the formation at any point outside of necessary turns ?

C) Are you walking back at any point during the thing ? Doing so would fail the attempt.

D) Are you reading the writing before each attempt ?

A. Yes.
B.  I'm unsure. I'm not clear on what defines "straying from the formation". However if I'm suppose to be pressed right up against it and sort of trace the formation than I suppose the answer is yes. 
C.  No
D.  Yes. 

21 hours ago, Yumil said:

if you still have trouble with the thing, could you send me your savefile of the game ? i'd like to record a gif of doing the proper thing so it's clearer in the guide, but I don't feel like replaying Deso up to that point right now.

I'm afraid I've moved forward to Addenfall Town and am not interested in going the distance to attempt it again but you're welcomed to my file for your gif. I took you back as far as the Silver Rise beamer. I hope the rest of the way isn't too bothersome for you. I have a couple of Max Repels feel free to use them. 

Game.rxdata

Thanks ! Was able to test and managed to get the red piece. Managed to get a gif in the process, added it to the guide 

https://gph.is/g/Z2pwbXD

Also, here's your save back with the red piece because i mean, why not, worst case scenario you don't have a use for it but i lost like three minutes tops. Got you back to the silver rise beamer grid where you where. burned up the two max repels on the way, and used a dusk ball to catch a drifloon I found on the way, figured I might as well since he's pretty rare (5%) and you didn't have it. 

Game.rxdata