e18.3 has been released for all OSes!

• Veterans
Just now, Magus543 said:

Why are the the R/S, FRLG, and D/P fonts removed?

incompatibility issues with MKXP is the primary reason.

the secondary reason is that we keep running into line break errors in text and this should significantly reduce the extent to which this is an issue

Do we know if the SWM Mod Pack is compatible with this update, or would we need to wait for a new re-release of it.  Its probably the latter, but I thought it would be worth asking at least.

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Slippery said:

Do we know if the SWM Mod Pack is compatible with this update, or would we need to wait for a new re-release of it.  Its probably the latter, but I thought it would be worth asking at least.

i'm not actually sure. i would expect mods in general to not work, but it may still be worth trying.

Just tested it out.  The SharedPC mod will crash the game upon loading, but the rest of the modpack (as well as the mining overhaul mod if you have that) WILL work with the 18.3 build.  Though, it seems that you cannot full-screen the game anymore (in the options at least), unless I am doing something wrong.  This is for both the modded and unmodded versions of 18.3.

EDIT: ALT+Enter still full screens the game, but needs to be done every time the game boots.

Not sure if that is important somehow, but the sound for new Game-z.exe is a lot louder than for the old Game.exe.

I am usually running the sound volume settings of Reborn on a BGM Volume of 25 and a SE Volume of 40. This is still fine if i use the 18.3 Game.exe, however, if i use the new Game-z.exe i have to turn down the BGM Volume to 10 and SE Volume to 25 to be on a level similar to the Game.exe.

Alternatively i can just reduce Game-z.exe overall sound volume in the windows volume settings down to 30% to achive the same goal.

It really blew my ears out, since i'm playing with headset most of the time.....

Okay, pls don't judge me for this question, I'm aware that it might sound dumb - I just seriously don't know much about this:

Is it possible to get this to play on a Wii console? I know it is possible with RPG Maker 2000/2003 games, but from what I've read, it's not possible with this. So I just wanted to make sure before I give up.

• Veterans
1 minute ago, LilyX said:

Okay, pls don't judge me for this question, I'm aware that it might sound dumb - I just seriously don't know much about this:

Is it possible to get this to play on a Wii console? I know it is possible with RPG Maker 2000/2003 games, but from what I've read, it's not possible with this. So I just wanted to make sure before I give up.

okay.

so.

maybe,

you can install linux on a homebrewed wii.

and we have a linux build.

so there's theoretically a chance that it would work.

and i am really opening the floodgates on this one

but if it works on a wii

it'd be reasonable to say it'd work on most devices you can force linux on.

like a 3ds.

• Like 4

Wow that was indeed pretty recent!
Nice!! Now my partner can play Reborn too! (He uses a Mac and couldn't)
I hope Rejuvenation also gets ported to the new engine, good job you guys! ❤️

• Like 1

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, andracass said:

okay.

so.

maybe,

you can install linux on a homebrewed wii.

and we have a linux build.

so there's theoretically a chance that it would work.

and i am really opening the floodgates on this one

but if it works on a wii

it'd be reasonable to say it'd work on most devices you can force linux on.

like a 3ds.

from what I could tell, a vanilla 3DS can't even load the Reborn website

so yeah it's probably possible with modding it.

• Veterans
53 minutes ago, Dreamblitz said:

from what I could tell, a vanilla 3DS can't even load the Reborn website

so yeah it's probably possible with modding it.

to be fair, the internet browser is just complete ass at everything

i'd personally place my bets on it being n3DS only if it even works in the first place

• Veterans
58 minutes ago, ironchao said:

are the save files stored in a different place on the new engine, because it doesn't load my pre-existing save.

I started a new game to see where the new save file would be stored, but I haven't been able to find it

what os do you use?

• Veterans
40 minutes ago, ironchao said:

Linux Fedora, so yea the new save probably isn't stored with all the WINE stuff

yeah, you'll have to pull your save from the wine folder if you still want to use it

You might want to have a look at this:

Spoiler

610100919_Screen0001.thumb.png.66251071201e78dfd13892a35ad0a1e5.png

While it seems this doesn't happen for all Pokémon, the new Game-z.exe swallows the outlines of a number of battle sprites. I have tested around for a bit and i can confirm that this only happens on the Game-z.exe, while Game.exe is not affected by this glitch.

• Veterans
5 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

You might want to have a look at this:

Reveal hidden contents

While it seems this doesn't happen for all Pokémon, the new Game-z.exe swallows the outlines of a number of battle sprites. I have tested around for a bit and i can confirm that this only happens on the Game-z.exe, while Game.exe is not affected by this glitch.

we had to fix a lot of sprites for that issue.

So this means that we can't just copy the entire 18.2 Battlers folder into 18.3 because we are too lazy to copy all of our custom sprites manually.....

Good to know XD

Now i have to find out which one of my custom sprites i can still use or which ones i have to fix...

By the way, how DID you fix them? They do look the same visually.

^ is that D-gray man? @ShogokiX

Just wanted to say the new engine is awesome it doesn't lag like the other one, the gameplay feels crispier.

>>> just wish there were more fonts 😞 (but that's not a biggy).

I've been using the Z version too.

If you are referring to my profile pic, no it's not^^ That one is Shiroe XD

It seems i am in luck though. Most of my custom shinies seem to work fine as they are. Still, there are a few i will have to fix. Some of them i will redo from scratch....

Edit: Ok, it took me a solid hour or so, but i managed to find the cause of the glitch. While most of the battle sprites in 18.2 Reborn are saved as 32 bit sprites, some of them are just 8 bit sprites, like the Garbodor sprite from my screenshot earlier. The 18.3 sprites however are all 32 bit sprites. By converting all of my custom sprites that were based on 18.2 Reborn 8 bit sprites into 32 bit i can use all of them without the need to edit any of them. I will leave this piece of information here in case anyone else may notice problems with their custom sprites in 18.3.