e18.3 has been released for all OSes!

9 hours ago, Flaffney64 said:

Does the Linux version work on all distributions?

which one do you use? i've been playing on lubuntu and nothing's gone wrong meaning it'll work for ubuntu and its derivatives
if it's another family of distros entirely, i can't really guarantee it but it's supposed to work

I got the game to open fine. Before this update came out, I've been running the Windows version with Wine, and I have a decent amount of progress. When I open the Linux version with my old save file, however, I don't get the option to continue my game, it only gives me the option to start a new game. If I run the same save file with the Windows version through Wine, all of my progress is there. Is there a way to get my progress on the Linux version, or do I have to keep using the Windows version if I want to keep my progress?

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, Flaffney64 said:

I got the game to open fine. Before this update came out, I've been running the Windows version with Wine, and I have a decent amount of progress. When I open the Linux version with my old save file, however, I don't get the option to continue my game, it only gives me the option to start a new game. If I run the same save file with the Windows version through Wine, all of my progress is there. Is there a way to get my progress on the Linux version, or do I have to keep using the Windows version if I want to keep my progress?

i'm assuming you've already moved your game into the linux save folder.

is it named Game_2 or anything like that?

28 minutes ago, Flaffney64 said:

short answer: move your saves from your wine prefix to '~/.local/share/Pokemon Reborn' where ~ is $HOME or your home directory

the location of the saves in the wine prefix is something like '~/.wine/drive_c/users/yourname/Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn' assuming your wine prefix is '~/.wine/' (default)

for the admins / devs

- I didn't find this in the latest readme and had to use "find ~ -name *.rxdata" to find it after creating a dummy save -- it would be helpful if this were documented somewhere obvious

- Excellent work, this runs very smoothly and battles are much less laggy than 18.2

12 hours ago, andracass said:

i'm assuming you've already moved your game into the linux save folder.

is it named Game_2 or anything like that?

I just deleted all the 18.2 files from the Linux folder except my save file, and moved all the files from 18.3 zip into it, except for the unused save file

12 hours ago, majig12346 said:

short answer: move your saves from your wine prefix to '~/.local/share/Pokemon Reborn' where ~ is $HOME or your home directory

the location of the saves in the wine prefix is something like '~/.wine/drive_c/users/yourname/Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn' assuming your wine prefix is '~/.wine/' (default)

for the admins / devs

- I didn't find this in the latest readme and had to use "find ~ -name *.rxdata" to find it after creating a dummy save -- it would be helpful if this were documented somewhere obvious

- Excellent work, this runs very smoothly and battles are much less laggy than 18.2

Ok thanks, I'll look at it

Just on a side note, has anyone else noticed that in the Game-z.exe some lines of text are a little off by a few pixels?

Nothing big to be honest, as far as i noticed so far it's two things that i noticed are slightly off:

Please note that the left screenshot is the Game.exe, while the right screenshot is the Game-z.exe for both examples.

Spoiler

1old.png.353666e712af6fed5082c9d2864da642.png1new.png.4003725e71cb7fa5c8f6edc3245c9803.png

For this first pair you may notice that the font not only seems to be stretched a little in terms of height (which is bareley noticeable unless you do a direct comparison, so not a big deal), but also the PP value to the bottom right is sitting a few pixels higher than it used to be.

Spoiler

2old.png.c8f54f6e21bafaa9bcefcad8f25cec74.png2new.png.9497f26434cddb116815e0a0532c3a6c.png

For this second pair please have a look at the level indicator to the left just underneath the Swoobat's image. You can see that the letters "Lv." are way off.

Now as this one is not a major bug but rather only a little visual annoyance at best i didn't want to post it on the bug report topic, as i feel like that topic should be reserved for real, potentially game breaking or game crashing issues.

34 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Just on a side note, has anyone else noticed that in the Game-z.exe some lines of text are a little off by a few pixels?

Nothing big to be honest, as far as i noticed so far it's two things that i noticed are slightly off:

Please note that the left screenshot is the Game.exe, while the right screenshot is the Game-z.exe for both examples.

Reveal hidden contents

1old.png.353666e712af6fed5082c9d2864da642.png1new.png.4003725e71cb7fa5c8f6edc3245c9803.png

For this first pair you may notice that the font not only seems to be stretched a little in terms of height (which is bareley noticeable unless you do a direct comparison, so not a big deal), but also the PP value to the bottom right is sitting a few pixels higher than it used to be.

Reveal hidden contents

2old.png.c8f54f6e21bafaa9bcefcad8f25cec74.png2new.png.9497f26434cddb116815e0a0532c3a6c.png

For this second pair please have a look at the level indicator to the left just underneath the Swoobat's image. You can see that the letters "Lv." are way off.

Now as this one is not a major bug but rather only a little visual annoyance at best i didn't want to post it on the bug report topic, as i feel like that topic should be reserved for real, potentially game breaking or game crashing issues.

Hey i've noticed it too but i've pretty much gotten used to it by now. But I gotta ask, what mod are you using to make your moves and hp bar look like that? it looks awesome tbh.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

1 hour ago, Joboshy said:

Hey i've noticed it too but i've pretty much gotten used to it by now. But I gotta ask, what mod are you using to make your moves and hp bar look like that? it looks awesome tbh.

this is a mod issue. i had to make a lot of manual edits to text positioning and since they probably don't account for that the text ends up looking slightly off.

Feels like while battles and menus are much smoother with the game-z.exe moving around feels quite choppy. There's a short bit of lag every few steps, both on foot and when using the bike, and area transitions have about a second of lag as well. Reminds of how the game played back on my old potato laptop but it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

I use the modular modpack in case that might have an influence.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joboshy said:

The "mod" is a texture pack by Pyrolusite, it's called Pyrolusitium Z. You can get it here on the forums. There have been a few updates to that recently, and he's still at it, as he's not entirely satisfied with it XD

Also, i do not intend to sound rude here, but i just tested it on an unmodded version of 18.3, and here are the results:

Spoiler

1021623525_nomodold.png.e8c965d2f34f372a40d0409fc0debb40.png1135608624_nomodnew.png.fceb5deedf474b629c2d66fc9bd563ca.png

Like i said, no mods used, i used a fresh download for this one. A mod issue can be ruled out.

Just like last time, left one is regular Game.exe, right one is Game-z.exe.

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

The "mod" is a texture pack by Pyrolusite, it's called Pyrolusitium Z. You can get it here on the forums. There have been a few updates to that recently, and he's still at it, as he's not entirely satisfied with it XD

Also, i do not intend to sound rude here, but i just tested it on an unmodded version of 18.3, and here are the results:

Hide contents

1021623525_nomodold.png.e8c965d2f34f372a40d0409fc0debb40.png1135608624_nomodnew.png.fceb5deedf474b629c2d66fc9bd563ca.png

Like i said, no mods used, i used a fresh download for this one. A mod issue can be ruled out.

Just like last time, left one is regular Game.exe, right one is Game-z.exe.

you're right. that's a font thing i missed.

1 minute ago, andracass said:

you're right. that's a font thing i missed.

Yes, and although i didn't upload another screen for the battle UI, that one is still the same as well: the PP are a few pixels higher than before.

But like i also said before: it's a minor issue, that is why i am posting it here, since it's not that important. This is just a visual annoyance, not a game breaking/game crashing problem.

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Hi may I ask for the Mac version of the beta engine, where is the saved file stored? been looking around for it but it just seemed like it just loads the save file out of nowhere

~/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Reborn

(Library may be a hidden folder in your user directory.)

Edited by Trumpet of Doom

11 hours ago, Trumpet of Doom said:

~/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Reborn

(Library may be a hidden folder in your user directory.)

I've managed to find the application support folder, but i cant seem to find the pokemon reborn folder. How do I update the game when the new episodes is released? will my save file from 18 automatic loads when i have downloaded the new episode 19?

• Veterans
6 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I've managed to find the application support folder, but i cant seem to find the pokemon reborn folder. How do I update the game when the new episodes is released? will my save file from 18 automatic loads when i have downloaded the new episode 19?

it will, yes.

and there are multiple application support folders, so make sure you're checking the right one.

Sorry guys.

Mac user and noob computer user. I still can't belive I managed to download and play pokemon reborn.

I downloaded the 18.3 but I can't run the previous saved games. Where do I have to translate the "saved files"?

Please, make it simple 😅