Jump to content
andracass

[18.3.beta] Mac Version Crashes/Errors

Recommended Posts

Hi! If you have any Crashes/Errors with the mac version of the game, please report them here! 

 

Please note that this is not for bug reports with the actual game itself. Those should still go in their own threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I seem to be persistently running into the same issue. Initially I was just having a problem making the application executable, but I got around that pretty easily.

 

Now, when I try to boot up the application, I get this error message.

 

1734127729_ScreenShot2020-04-30at11_23_17PM.png.c21c22159245f4879c76026ce196f785.png

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and even installing it in different places (Desktop, Applications folder, and so on), and no dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok it should work now if you redownload

i am so sorry to have disappointed you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So far most everything is running fine, only minor problem I've encountered is that the screen border option does nothing.

 

Edit - My bad, didn't actually try to play and now when I do I get the error: 

'Script 'PokemonLoad' line 1096:

Errno::EROFS occured.

 

Read-only file system - Data/LastSave.dat'

Edited by Flano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to open it says it doesn't work on OS X 10.11 or older. Sadly I have an old mac that can't be updated to newer versions than that. Is it known that it won't work on older OS X versions than 10.12?

 

I tried running the mkxp-z directly from the terminal, which launched the game just fine (mostly fine, full screen didn't work, it didn't find my save files), but the game crashed when I was starting a new game (just after inserting a name for the player character).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flano said:

So far most everything is running fine, only minor problem I've encountered is that the screen border option does nothing.

 

Edit - My bad, didn't actually try to play and now when I do I get the error: 

'Script 'PokemonLoad' line 1096:

Errno::EROFS occured.

 

Read-only file system - Data/LastSave.dat'

Everytime I try to play the game I get this same error. I've tried updating my mac to the newest version and have reinstalled the app once but I can't think of what else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jacobegg said:

Everytime I try to play the game I get this same error. I've tried updating my mac to the newest version and have reinstalled the app once but I can't think of what else to do.

My guess is that the reason for this error is because in Catalina, the startup volume (Macintosh HD) is split into a read-only and a read-write partition; the game seems to be in the read-only volume. I'm not sure what the official fix is, but a workaround for this problem right now is that if you have access to a volume that you have read-write permissions (such as a flash drive or the Google Drive folder), you can move Pokemon Reborn.app onto this volume and the game should work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rereo said:

Hi Fledgling, my guess is that the reason for this error is because in Catalina, the startup volume (Macintosh HD) is split into a read-only and a read-write partition; the game seems to be in the read-only volume. I'm not sure what the official fix is, but a workaround for this problem right now is that if you have access to a volume that you have read-write permissions (such as a flash drive or the Google Drive folder), you can move Pokemon Reborn.app onto this volume and the game should work!

Running it through Google Drive fixed it for me, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jacobegg said:

Running it through Google Drive fixed it for me, thank you!

i believe that can also be fixed by tossing it in the applications folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One issue I‘ve ran into is that fast forward only works in battles, not when in the region. Overall though I love the update because my Mac is old and ran the game so slowly that being in reborn city was almost unplayable before the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cam114 said:

One issue I‘ve ran into is that fast forward only works in battles, not when in the region. Overall though I love the update because my Mac is old and ran the game so slowly that being in reborn city was almost unplayable before the update. 

ooh, yeah that's a good reminder:

the engine works differently than it did before- instead of frameskipping when it can't keep up, fastforward basically just removes the framelimit. this is probably something we'll fix before making this an official non-beta release, but this does mean that it may run slower on weaker computers than it did before (even though it is also smoother).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Uhhh Im not sure if this is just me but, I keep getting a message saying "Error loading image 'Graphics/Titles/Intro1:' Unsupported image format" whenever I try to open the game, this is my first time ever downloading it so I'm a bit new to this and not sure If there is something else I need to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Avo21 said:

 Uhhh Im not sure if this is just me but, I keep getting a message saying "Error loading image 'Graphics/Titles/Intro1:' Unsupported image format" whenever I try to open the game, this is my first time ever downloading it so I'm a bit new to this and not sure If there is something else I need to do

...huh. idk what to do about that either, given that it's a PNG and I don't expect macs to be that bad.

try dropping the game in the applications folder and see what happens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I downloaded the version and it runs very well, I have an esthetic doubt I'm not sure you can answer me about.

Running the "old" version through wine I used to recap the window to the S size and the fonts recapped accordingly. When I try to do that in this version the fonts recap weirdly (I get the same result even if I recap it manually). Is there anything I can do? Sorry for the trouble.

Schermata 2020-05-06 alle 23.20.03.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great! Is there any way to also obtain the audio/data/etc files as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Polaris said:

This is great! Is there any way to also obtain the audio/data/etc files as well?

yes!
if you right click on the app and click "show package contents", you find the files in Contents/Resources.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey so I want to randomize my Mac game but every time I load the game after I replace all the files It doesn't let me start the game. 

any way I can get it to work?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Super__ said:

hey so I want to randomize my Mac game but every time I load the game after I replace all the files It doesn't let me start the game. 

any way I can get it to work?

 

the randomizer doesn't work with 18.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Super__ said:

so it doesn't work with the Mac version?

correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a crash, but something weird I've noticed- the music will suddenly halve itself in tempo and drop an octave or too in some areas that I'm pretty sure it didn't when I was running it with Wine. Like Shelly's bedroom, Beryl graveyard, etc. 

 

Might just be an 18.3 change, and it gives off a pretty cool vibe for the graveyard in particular, but yeah, not sure if it's intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...