[Night 4] What Lurks Below 2

Alaris

I was attacked but survived because of reasons I'm not sure of.
I would say perhaps the mafia wanted to kill me but I can't really think of a reason why since I'm not typically a N0 target *thinkingface*. I'd think mafia would want to kill more active players, so if anyone has insight, that'd be nice

In other news for now I will vote to [disclose] piercer

Immolator doesnt sound too powerful unless group chats are secretly a big part of this game. Either way a scenario where the immolator only kills a random player is way more likely (and if I'm understanding it correctly it has a bigger flaw than that).

[Disclose] Swindler

Wait. I thought two roles were revealed. Looks at revised rules again. Well I derped and feel stupid for my last vote. 

On the topic of the role votes, should we try to reveal town roles. Seems kinda unproductive since it’ll take two days to get the secret part of the role for someone to make use of, especially since we can only reveal one role per day. On the flip side, town does get more info on the roles and mafia doesn’t know specifically who has what role unless they have a role scouter which I don’t know.

As for other info, I’ve got nothing.

Oooh spooky message

8 minutes ago, Alaris said:

"thr s clt ldr n ths gm"

there is cult leader in this game

8 minutes ago, Alaris said:

"cnt sy cnsnnts"

can't say consonants

I think they mean vowels
and punctuation is a no too it looks like xD

If this info is reliable the existance of a cult leader is good to know

ffs Baz why

14 minutes ago, Alaris said:

There is no such role in the list. Therefore, it does nothing.

Stop giving hostile 3rd Party more ways to be op.

Those are my takes on the Mafia Roles:

• The Briber: I guess that's like the Hooker or Informant?
  • The Immolator: We already know what that role does.
  • The Piercer: Maybe like Poisoner, which after getting stabbed let's you bleed and can be healed by the Doctor? (But sounds kinda op with having this + factional kill)
  • The Pupppetmaster: Like a redirection of Night Actions?
  • The Swindler: Framer?

Well at least that's what comes to mind.

But like Nick already said, with how custom the Immolator role was, i don't think those can be indicative to any of the roles.

For me the Piercer sounds the most interesting to disclose for now, but i can always change my vote later on, depending on how the votes unfolds.

[Disclose] Piercer

From the anonymous messages and the role list only Sun Worshipper and Moon Worshipper have the ring of a cult to it, but they are alligned with town 🤔

Probably some hidden abilities, which will make this game into a Cult Wars Mafia Game again.

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

i have reason to believe mafia targetted newt and were blocked from killing. this means newt is possibly town

I could’ve sworn Alaris stated something along the lines of “respectable jobs such as policeman or doctor wouldn’t dare set foot in new town”.

Unless Alaris lied to us and something else could’ve blocked Newt’s death...idk

Sounds plausible he’d be the mafia first target but we can’t guarantee the variables with it. 

2 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

I was attacked but survived because of reasons I'm not sure of.
I would say perhaps the mafia wanted to kill me but I can't really think of a reason why since I'm not typically a N0 target *thinkingface*. I'd think mafia would want to kill more active players, so if anyone has insight, that'd be nice

In other news for now I will vote to [disclose] piercer

@Bok Choi mind transcripting (bold)the following attack message you received from Alaris.

That’s be beneficial information if the next day following (potentially piercer ) target transcript their message. Comparing both your attack and next days target script message to see any anomalies. 

Your claims seems natural as well nobody contesting to’ve received such an attack.

Yet

But I’d like if you’d post yours today. 

For the disclosing vote

Amma just join alongside the bandwagon for now. Sticking to what I suggested.

[Disclose] Swindler

[Eliminate] Anti-Loser

These votes will be my placeholders for now. 

5 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

I could’ve sworn Alaris stated something along the lines of “respectable jobs such as policeman or doctor wouldn’t dare set foot in new town”.

Unless Alaris lied to us and something else could’ve blocked Newt’s death...idk

Sounds plausible he’d be the mafia first target but we can’t guarantee the variables with it

I think there are roles similar to cop and doc roles since the mayor with appear third party on investigations regardless of their original faction so that mean there is a very high probability that there is an investigation role. It just probably has some quirk that sets it apart. 

I’m going put some placeholder votes too.

Disclose Puppetmaster

Eliminate Bean

12 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

On second thoughts ( Just now seeing Nano’s post)

Unvote Anti-Loser

Eliminate Nano

MY MASTER SHALL STRIKE YOU DOWN ONCE HIS BEANS OF CHAOS ARE PLANTED

[eliminate] anti loser

• Haha 1

Oof there is a cult here in this game, i hope we will find their leader as soon as possible. Also i guess doc protected Bok last night, even if i thought too that mafia wanted to kill Newt first since he's the Mayor, so i believe they tried to kill powerful roles... but then it's just a random thought.

[Disclose] Swindler

I will think later about who to vote

• Global Mods

It's also very possible that whomever sent those messages is trying to troll us. Stay sharp, folks.

[disclose] Puppetmaster.

Don't judge me, this just sounds the scariest.

Hopefully I will come back with some form of vote later on.

2 hours ago, Astra125 said:

Wait. I thought two roles were revealed. Looks at revised rules again. Well I derped and feel stupid for my last vote. 

On the topic of the role votes, should we try to reveal town roles. Seems kinda unproductive since it’ll take two days to get the secret part of the role for someone to make use of, especially since we can only reveal one role per day. On the flip side, town does get more info on the roles and mafia doesn’t know specifically who has what role unless they have a role scouter which I don’t know.

As for other info, I’ve got nothing.

i could be wrong, but mafia wouldnt tell us their roles and town would. i think the less they know about us the better?

but then again, i could be wrong

Disclose Puppetmaster

Eliminate Bean

2 hours ago, Sopheria said:

i could be wrong, but mafia wouldnt tell us their roles and town would. i think the less they know about us the better?

but then again, i could be wrong

Disclose Puppetmaster

Eliminate Bean

The special thing about this mafia game is that town roles have a secondary ability that is unlocked when we fulfill a certain condition (ex. role a visits role b or role a completes their action x amount of times -> unlocks role a's secondary ability). However, we don't how to unlock those abilities but voting in a role twice will reveal how we can unlock a role's secondary ability. The reason why I brought up revealing town roles is because it takes two days for useful information to be reveal to the town and the first reveal would really only be helpful for mafia. Revealing mafia roles is fine for now since it gives us info on how they might act but I think we should switch to town revealing at some point so some roles can use their secondary abilities to fight the mafia and I'm totally not saying this because I want to know how to reveal my own ability. Of course, there is the off chance for one of us to accidentally trigger our abilities, which in that case is the better scenario as then we don't need to was a reveal on that role.

Also, why you copy my votes👀? Is there something I need to know about? I won't tell.