Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Just now, BaratheonStag said:

How does the storyline continue then? Does Connor get laid? Also what happens if you choose to forgive Nova? I didn't open the side room in the archives, because I did not have the key and had no idea where to find it.

I don't know what happens to Nova since I have yet to achieve that ending, but if you save Scarlett nothing changes until the Cellia tournament where you battle her in the semi-finals, then she stays at your house.

1 minute ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

I don't know what happens to Nova since I have yet to achieve that ending, but if you save Scarlett nothing changes until the Cellia tournament where you battle her in the semi-finals, then she stays at your house.

Damn, I'd've really loved to save Scarlett, only for Connor's sake. Sorry for spoiling you about Nova :( .

2 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

Damn, I'd've really loved to save Scarlett, only for Connor's sake. Sorry for spoiling you about Nova :( .

No problem, I've known for quite a while that you can save Nova, I just recently obtained information as to where to get the archives key. Also, who do you fight in the semi-finals in Scarlett's place if you don't save her? Is it just some random trainer or something who actually means something.

Just now, TheMoltenGuy said:

No problem, I've known for quite a while that you can save Nova, I just recently obtained information as to where to get the archives key. Also, who do you fight in the semi-finals in Scarlett's place if you don't save her? Is it just some random trainer or something who actually means something.

You fight Hardy at some point, though I do not recall if it is the Semi Final or the Quarter Final. Please tell me what happens if you see it fit to forgive Nova instead of condemning her.

Just now, BaratheonStag said:

You fight Hardy at some point, though I do not recall if it is the Semi Final or the Quarter Final. Please tell me what happens if you see it fit to forgive Nova instead of condemning her.

YOU FIGHT HARDY? Damn I miss him so much, I need to hear his epic battle music again and since you can't fight him in the battle simulator that just makes it worse ;_;

And regarding Nova I don't really remember 100% You fight Aurora (I don't remember if siding with Shiv/Aurora was when you chose if you forgive Nova or not, or if there were multiple choices) then Nova wounds Shiv and tries to escape, but Aurora/You catch up to her as Aurora kills her. I'd imagine it's the same as if you were to condemn her, the only difference being that you battle Aurora instead of Shiv.

Just now, TheMoltenGuy said:

YOU FIGHT HARDY? Damn I miss him so much, I need to hear his epic battle music again and since you can't fight him in the battle simulator that just makes it worse ;_;

And regarding Nova I don't really remember 100% You fight Aurora (I don't remember if siding with Shiv/Aurora was when you chose if you forgive Nova or not, or if there were multiple choices) then Nova wounds Shiv and tries to escape, but Aurora/You catch up to her as Aurora kills her. I'd imagine it's the same as if you were to condemn her, the only difference being that you battle Aurora instead of Shiv.

If you condemn her, you fight Shiv. After beating him, Shiv realises that Nova has been manipulating him the whole time, but he still manages to convince Aurora to let her go just this once. So in my storyline, Scarlett is dead, but Nova is still alive. Also, that plot twist at the end was HUUUUUGE. I wonder if we have to start our journey from the beginning now, this time in the 'real' world.

7 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

If you condemn her, you fight Shiv. After beating him, Shiv realises that Nova has been manipulating him the whole time, but he still manages to convince Aurora to let her go just this once. So in my storyline, Scarlett is dead, but Nova is still alive. Also, that plot twist at the end was HUUUUUGE. I wonder if we have to start our journey from the beginning now, this time in the 'real' world.

I see, so if you condemn her then you "save" her life without having to access the hidden diary, that's certainly interesting. And I definitely can't wait for Version 5, there are so many questions but so few answers.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I have a slight memory of battling Hardy in the quarter-finals of the tournament, so it must've been someone else replacing Scarlett.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

You can battle Hardy if you do Garrett's missions with pursuing the rogue branch of Black Foxes. 

If you forgive Nova and read the secret diary, when in Aurora's dimension at the second dialogue choice (not the one where she asks what a hero is, but the one after) you'll get an extra option "She saved Shiv's life". Then Aurora will stop revenging against Nova, saying it's not her place to deal justice. 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

You can battle Hardy if you do Garrett's missions with pursuing the rogue branch of Black Foxes. 

If you forgive Nova and read the secret diary, when in Aurora's dimension at the second dialogue choice (not the one where she asks what a hero is, but the one after) you'll get an extra option "She saved Shiv's life". Then Aurora will stop revenging against Nova, saying it's not her place to deal justice. 

I'm aware that you can battle him in the Fox Base, Scizor definitely didn't sweep Rosetta's entire team. I just wish you could battle him again in the Fight Club or the Battle Sim so that you could hear his awesome music over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

So many timelines. At this rate I wonder how much is going to take for version 5 to come out. Not to mention the Gen 7 Pokemon that will need to be implemented at some point :( .

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

So many timelines. At this rate I wonder how much is going to take for version 5 to come out. Not to mention the Gen 7 Pokemon that will need to be implemented at some point :( .

Caz also said starting February he'd be working two jobs as well as going to university just to be able to eat food, so he'd have less time to work on it. It's probably best not to expect it to come out this year considering Caz will be kept busy a lot by his personal life. 

4 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Caz also said starting February he'd be working two jobs as well as going to university just to be able to eat food, so he'd have less time to work on it. It's probably best not to expect it to come out this year considering Caz will be kept busy a lot by his personal life. 

And all I can think of is the game. Can't we donate somehow? It pains me to admit it, but I'm kinda well off...

Could be. If anyone has saved Scarlett, give a reply

Just saw the reply, it was a page behind or so.........my guesses were correct

Edited by BRS swag

Thank god for that. It's so damn tedious to swap in HM slaves and crippling your main rotation with HM moves is even worse. I can't understand why the HM system was only overloaded further with each generation instead of finding a better way to control story progression.

Why couldn't our main characters get gadgets instead of HMs, like the Silph Scope or the various "International Police Arms" that Looker uses in the manga? Just bind the use of them to badges and boom, problem solved. More key items, no HM slaves. And not being able to use a gadget  would make just as much sense as not being able to use an HM without the necessary badge.

But I'm just going off on a tangent, this doesn't concern Pokemon Desolation. As far as I'm concerned, Caz did good a good job so far in keeping the HM waste to a minimum.

2 hours ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

If anyone knows the name of the song that plays when you battle Hardy in Cellia city, thst would be great. I need that song in my life.

It's Ken's Theme from Street Fighter, with a metal twist. IDK who is the original creator of the guitar theme, though. One of the best Ken themes I've heard in a long time.

41 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

It's Ken's Theme from Street Fighter, with a metal twist. IDK who is the original creator of the guitar theme, though. One of the best Ken themes I've heard in a long time.

Okay I found it. It's LittleV's "epic rock" cover of the song, one of my favorite musicians on youtube :D Thank you a lot

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

44 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Okay I found it. It's LittleV's "epic rock" cover of the song, one of my favorite musicians on youtube :D Thank you a lot

Just listened to it myself. Amazing Ken cover! Shout out to @Caz for having a diverse soundtrack for Desolation. 

• Developers
13 hours ago, Tenshi said:

Today I finished v4. It was awesome, I have really enjoyed it!! Thank you to @Caz for creating this amazing game!

Thanks dude, means a heap.

My favorite male sprite for the player character was removed from the game, apparently? Sad now. The new guy just isn't the same. Ah, well. Still love the game regardless~

Also; kind of excited to see all the changes in the game. Might make a new file to play around and see what's new.

8 hours ago, shinymissingno said:

My favorite male sprite for the player character was removed from the game, apparently? Sad now. The new guy just isn't the same. Ah, well. Still love the game regardless~

Also; kind of excited to see all the changes in the game. Might make a new file to play around and see what's new.

Who is your favorite player character? The blonde guy?