Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Um, i have to note one thing with pansage, While you fight it to catch it when you throw a pokeball to catch it and it fails it won't attack, so you can throw a pokeball over and over again.

Um, i have to note one thing with pansage, While you fight it to catch it when you throw a pokeball to catch it and it fails it won't attack, so you can throw a pokeball over and over again.

That's intended; it works that way for all Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

Caz showing that made my excitement higher and my patience shorter why not

and also YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH the one i chose is the highest in the poll

are the other 2 in the poll will they also be included?

Edited by valfische

Basically done with Episode 2 content, and I must say... Mightyena is a tad OP here. It destroyed Connor and *Meteor Head* Nova basically on its own, with a -Attack nature. And it soloed Shiv, since that's all I had when I fought him :(

Couple good notes on moves:

Chatter- Not 100% confuse rate? SWEET JESUSHASMERCY

Rock Smash- Facade is good, but 75 power rock smash, tho.

And some other, less good stuff:

...Unsupported image extension? Really? Guess I get to give you glorious text, then.

Clock on table in... "Second Gym town place," according to filename :P

It's the one with the vending machine.

SPOILERS:

Ava's a scrub. Lava doesn't kill people.

There's a single lava tile in the area where you get Magby that has incorrect passage. It is in the Northeast part of the room, north of the stone pile

Can it stay for the irony?

Team Crescent is leaderless.

"Meteor Head Nova would like to battle!"

Room with the statue in the volcano.

There is a black pixel randomly placed on the floor three spaces below the north exit.

On a side note, the lavafalls miiight need a slight touchup on the sides to match the environment better.

The bottom looks bad for these two since they have unneeded edges, where the other ones are flush with a wall.

Edited by Cobalt996

• Developers

Basically done with Episode 2 content, and I must say... Mightyena is a tad OP here. It destroyed Connor and *Meteor Head* Nova basically on its own, with a -Attack nature. And it soloed Shiv, since that's all I had when I fought him :(

Couple good notes on moves:

Chatter- Not 100% confuse rate? SWEET JESUSHASMERCY

Rock Smash- Facade is good, but 75 power rock smash, tho.

And some other, less good stuff:

...Unsupported image extension? Really? Guess I get to give you glorious text, then.

Clock on table in... "Second Gym town place," according to filename :P

It's the one with the vending machine.

SPOILERS:

Ava's a scrub. Lava doesn't kill people.

There's a single lava tile in the area where you get Magby that has incorrect passage. It is in the Northeast part of the room, north of the stone pile

Can it stay for the irony?

Team Crescent is leaderless.

"Meteor Head Nova would like to battle!"

Room with the statue in the volcano.

There is a black pixel randomly placed on the floor three spaces below the north exit.

On a side note, the lavafalls miiight need a slight touchup on the sides to match the environment better.

The bottom looks bad for these two since they have unneeded edges, where the other ones are flush with a wall.

I might have to update the patch notes because I've fixed all these bugs for Episode 3. I may however release a 2.2 version to tide things over. That was one spooky black pixel, good find.

Either I have a bad habit or Nova is an imposter.

As for the other guilds being added - There are plans for the battling guild to be added in Episode 4, however there aren't any plans for the police guild.

I'll leave the poll open with just those two options regardless to see if opinions change.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

question can we fix the wifi in the first town yet?

There is a computer on the second floor of the lab that's downloading. Switch it off and you're fine.

Scatterbug evolves yes, can't remember the exact level but it's the same as in the mainstream games.

I removed the Black Foxes from the poll because it's already been officially announced as being in the game. There's no need to keep it in there. I want people to choose between the last two options now.

does the volcanic field effect only take away half health for pure grass pokemon? dual type grass pokemon don't take half like an opponents weepingbell

edit what!!!!!!!!!! :( :( my friend rip

was that guaranteed to happen or did that one choice I make with her cause that to happen

Edited by nepeta100

• Developers

does the volcanic field effect only take away half health for pure grass pokemon? dual type grass pokemon don't take half like an opponents weepingbell

edit what!!!!!!!!!! :( :( my friend rip

was that guaranteed to happen or did that one choice I make with her cause that to happen

1: The field will do the same amount of damage to any grass type (unless it has a resistant typing as it's secondary type). Treat it as though it were another fire attack at the end of the turn.

2:

Play a little more to find out

Holy encounter rate batman.

Every 5 steps i'm running into something

yeah I noticed that too hope that can get fixed for the next release

edit there are 2 pieces of 7 of that shard thing in the current release right

Edited by nepeta100

• Developers

yeah I noticed that too hope that can get fixed for the next release

edit there are 2 pieces of 7 of that shard thing in the current release right

The encounter rate was already decreased.

As for the pieces:

1: Located behind the waterfall in Keneph Jungle.

2: In the Helix Cave in Redcliff Town.

3: In the Weeping Depths in a room that is only accessible after beating the second Gym Leader, Aderyn.

Edited by Caz

oh okay guess I will just stock up on repels then :) thanks again for such an amazing game

edit did not see this on known bugs zorua says your last pokemon is coming out and then procedes to do that for every other pokemon the rival has

Edited by nepeta100

• Developers

oh okay guess I will just stock up on repels then :) thanks again for such an amazing game

edit did not see this on known bugs zorua says your last pokemon is coming out and then procedes to do that for every other pokemon the rival has

I forgot to add that to the fix list. Zorua copies your Pokemon's name for some reason probably because it's the last Pokemon Hardy sends out. I'll look into a fix.