Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

Just letting you guys know a really big announcement is on the way. Some of you may have predicted it but I think it'll come as a pleasant surprise to you all \o/

• Upvote 3

I was thinking about restarting the game for fun and to pick up some mistakes that I've made while playing, and I was thinking about what starter to choose. What starter do people recommend? I personally chose pancham the first time. I liked making up my own theory of, I was kinda innocent before getting involved with this place (even though I probably wasn't) and was slightly corrupted into a more serious person. Pancham is an innocent fighting type and is corrupted by a dark type in the party to evolve. I like the thought of it.

If you go with Growlithe you can start out appearing weak and turn fierce

That works too. Plus, pancham and growlithe both do something I like. They match the characters clothing. I don't know why I enjoy that so much, but I love it when my main pokemon matches my clothing. XD

• Developers

Hopefully you managed to recruit that sprite artist that you needed :3 (iirc)

Unfortunately, no I didn't.

Anyways, that announcement that I've been putting off...

Legend speaks of a great treasure hidden in these islands... My line has been searching for years and we've found nothing but dirt. Maybe my time is up. Maybe it should be someone else who finds the treasure... I believe one day it will be an outsider, an adventurer who will prevail, who will unlock the secrets of these isles. So if you find someone who might be 'the one', make sure the Rangers know about it. Dark times are coming, my daughter. These treasures could save us.

Df9jK3c.png

Treasure Isles

The Ayrith Region is split into a series of six main islands, only one of which has been explored until now. However, what isn't mapped out is the uninhabited little drops of land here and there, dubbed the "Treasure Isles". Through the Rangers Guild you will be able to explore these islands as part of an ongoing sidequest spanning across the whole game, with a shot at potential treasure along the way. As of Episode 3 there is only one island, however I plan to add one as each Episode comes out. The exploration of these islands will be optional, but the rewards will be extremely helpful in the long run. Are you up to the challenge?

The treasure isle quests will be only available after all other Rangers Guild quests (for that particular area) are completed in advance. The ranger who is in charge of these quests is Sena, who is generally in charge of lost and found.

OqG89wx.png

Sena is intelligent, vibrant, but often stubborn and brash. She's also the main character of the Treasure Isle sidequests as it is her ancestors that have been searching for the treasure endlessly. She will accompany you to different islands and she will give you the treasure isle quests.

Questions:

Q: Will these sidequests only be available through the Rangers Guild?

A: Yes, with the exclusion of one or two.

Q: What kind of "treasure" are we talking about here, Caz?

A: Only the most exciting treasure there is. i heard you liek mudkips

Q: Will there be any drawbacks if I skip the Treasure Isles?

A: Of course not. As with the Rangers Guild itself, they're completely optional.

Happy hunting!

• Upvote 9

• Developers

Really enjoyed everything so far. Will these islands go to like one big treasure or will they each just have their own single treasure??

Both. Each island will have some reward at the end but will also offer a piece to the overall "puzzle".

Also, you might want to consider introducing yourself at the Grand Hall [:

Edited by Caz

• Developers

One John Cena in this game is enough for me :3

(<- All party except Floette got annihilated)

Dank meme reference was unintentional. Luckily, her name is pronounced SE-NA rather than SEE-NA. No more John Cena references ever again... I hope.

I'm aware of the Fern remake obviously, it's fine as long as credit is given. Besides, I'll get round to redoing it when I'm better at spriting. At the moment It's the point I can't deliver as strongly in. This obviously means one of my biggest jumps in Ep 2 will be improving in sprite and pixel art ^_^

I know this is not related to anything but does anyone know the location of the water stone?

PS : great game ! I like the idea of making npc's like or dislike you , and the face icons while they are talking is also something you don't see in pokémon games!

• Developers

3 Questions

1. Where's Croagunk?

2. How do I do the Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire puzzle in the Weeping Depths?

3. Where's the key for Arka's Tombstone in the Weeping Depths?

Any help is appreciated!

1: Underneath the waterfall in the Keneph jungle.

2: Run around the inside mound, hugging the wall, make sure you go right. The old doll must be in your bag.

3: It's purchasable from the Credit store.

Hope I helped you and I'm glad you're enjoying the game.