Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Really enjoying the game so far, got destroyed by Connor about 15 times before my Frogadier was able to put in the work. Then there was the part where the green haired girl got mad cause I thought she had died, I mean come on, you got pushed into lava for Christ sake, what am I supposed to think?? lol

Great work.

Really looking forward to what you may come up with in the next episode.

I'm really in love with this game so far. At the very least this one's on par with rejuvenation and insurgence.

Though there were some minor bugs like when my espurr evolved it was set back from level 25 to 22 somehow, or some pokemon won't attack me after I threw the first ball at them.

Can't wait for the third episode! :)

personal opinion here, this game is better than insurgence, i just finished that game (at least to the current release) and it had a lot of speech errors, tile errors, and was just in general not as entertaining as this one. To me when i started playing desolation i wasn't able to stop but with insurgence there were points i had to actually make myself go back and work on it.

and Caz while im at it, reborn has a public creation forum... perhaps if you did something like that it would let you focus more on the aspects you want to put in, i think reborns is just like music sorting and what not. I know you want to work solo but we (at the very least I) don't want you to get burned out working on an awesome game like this :D

personal opinion here, this game is better than insurgence, i just finished that game (at least to the current release) and it had a lot of speech errors, tile errors, and was just in general not as entertaining as this one. To me when i started playing desolation i wasn't able to stop but with insurgence there were points i had to actually make myself go back and work on it.

and Caz while im at it, reborn has a public creation forum... perhaps if you did something like that it would let you focus more on the aspects you want to put in, i think reborns is just like music sorting and what not. I know you want to work solo but we (at the very least I) don't want you to get burned out working on an awesome game like this :D

I completely agree with you about the insurgence part, it was just that I just finished the episode and thought, maybe it's just the hype for the next episode, but it really is better so far. I think I was never so hyped for a new episode of a game haha.

• Upvote 1

• Developers

personal opinion here, this game is better than insurgence

What makes Insurgence great is not its story - but its features and gameplay. That being said, thanks for the comments.

reborn has a public creation forum... perhaps if you did something like that it would let you focus more on the aspects you want to put in, i think reborns is just like music sorting and what not. I know you want to work solo but we (at the very least I) don't want you to get burned out working on an awesome game like this :D

I'll consider it for the next Episode.

• Upvote 1

Caz just tell us when we will report bugs and tile errors so that when the time comes

we can report whatever we found in the game

as i read the posts above I agree with them

desolation has a good story and the decision making feat just hooked me up in this game

as for insurgence it is good but story wise it was kinda meh IMO

• Upvote 1

I completely agree with you about the insurgence part, it was just that I just finished the episode and thought, maybe it's just the hype for the next episode, but it really is better so far. I think I was never so hyped for a new episode of a game haha.

as i said prior, for me it was like a chore of sorts for me to continue at certain parts of insurgence, and as soon as i got caught up i saved the game closed it havent messed with it since.

But with desolation (and reborn in a way) once i completed up to the point they were at i kept going, IE i ruined myself by making my whole party level 40 in desolation, and went easter egg hunting in reborn till i got it basically 100% done

also as a side note... its a good thing caz made the common candy's cheap... im gonna need ALOT of them...

caz sempai noticed me again i can sleep well~ -goes back to making peops rage quit in showdown-

as i said prior, for me it was like a chore of sorts for me to continue at certain parts of insurgence, and as soon as i got caught up i saved the game closed it havent messed with it since.

But with desolation (and reborn in a way) once i completed up to the point they were at i kept going, IE i ruined myself by making my whole party level 40 in desolation, and went easter egg hunting in reborn till i got it basically 100% done

also as a side note... its a good thing caz made the common candy's cheap... im gonna need ALOT of them...

caz sempai noticed me again i can sleep well~ -goes back to making peops rage quit in showdown-

yeah I quit insurgence at one point too, hopefully this won't happen with desolation, because it was pretty hard to find another pokemon game aside from rejuvenation and reborn that has a decent story. Most games I've played have been pretty disappointing.

I don't think I'm gonna train my party up to lvl 40, because the oppponents we faced until now have been kind of easy and I do not want to be overleveled. :)

Edited by Raycont

• Developers

what is the name of the sound file that has the song used when you fight john cena?

Battle - Cena, pretty self explanatory.

Source is here

Also, use spoiler tags silly child.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

I'm about to play this game, it got my attention c:

I'll be a beta tester if you still need one/some.

Sure is, but don't get your hopes up. Testing for Episode 3 is a good few months away probably.

Yes you can, but you're in for a wait.

• Developers

My bad didn't really think it was a spoiler since it was just a sidequest but I will keep that in mind next time

Edit: thanks Derpy Simon for doing the spoiler tags for me

No worries I just like to keep everything a secret.

• Developers

Follow the clue on the wall - think back to the previous mainstream pokemon games.

If you're too lazy:

You'll have to work for the solution.

Work HARDER

You think it'd be that easy?

I'm too lazy here it is:

Have the old doll in your inventory and run around the mound, hugging the inner wall - make sure you go right.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

No im talking about the last one, in the new cave...

if you sort through the last 5-7 pages of the forum, i've given very unclear hints on how to do all of them at some point or other, but for that one

obey the last line. O-B-E-Y IT

• Upvote 1

• Developers

A poll has been added to the main post to ask what guild you people would be most interested in joining in the Ayrith Region.

- The Black Foxes - Cellia City's largest gang.

- The Police Guild - Speaks for itself.

- The Battling Guild - Also speaks for itself.

Don't worry, currently existing guilds will still exist. Details are in the original post.

Your input would be very helpful! Expect some big news soon.

Edited by Caz

is this going to be the paths that we are going to choose

in future episodes

its exciting

gonna have to play it again to try another guild :D

don't answer this Caz if it is going to be confirmed

it will become a spoiler

I'm willing to wait for the future episodes to come

All of these options sound exciting, but I'm hoping that we won't get the guild in which we fight against crime, we already have evil antagonists. :)

What is evil but what we consider to be against our own personal moral and ethical beliefs?

On a side note a quest I could imagine from Police group being would be: 'Recover stolen [insert name of Pokémon here]/[insert name of Item here]' the requirements being you locate the thief, chase them a bit maybe? then battle them to get them to surrender

Criminal Gang quest might be to deal with a rival gang member who is causing trouble on your gang's territory or to wipe out a rival gang or maybe even save a gang member from the police.

What is evil but what we consider to be against our own personal moral and ethical beliefs?

On a side note a quest I could imagine from Police group being would be: 'Recover stolen [insert name of Pokémon here]/[insert name of Item here]' the requirements being you locate the thief, chase them a bit maybe? then battle them to get them to surrender

Criminal Gang quest might be to deal with a rival gang member who is causing trouble on your gang's territory or to wipe out a rival gang or maybe even save a gang member from the police.

I think you know what I meant with the evil antagonists. :P

Your suggestions sound quite good, I personally would prefer the Battle Guild but apparently that's just me. :D