Rejuvenation V12 Relationship Guide

Myrrh

• 2 weeks later...

Now,I found something:if we have played the other versions of Rejuvenation,exactly the versions before this "relationship points events",how we can receive this points?I noticed that Melia very trusts me(2 or more points),but I didn't do some events,because they never existed before v11...

2 hours ago, Fredzard said:

Now,I found something:if we have played the other versions of Rejuvenation,exactly the versions before this "relationship points events",how we can receive this points?I noticed that Melia very trusts me(2 or more points),but I didn't do some events,because they never existed before v11...

Well you see you can't get these points and they were added V9 and then some more V10 in which you probably got the ones from V10 mayhaps. So yeah.

I have updated the debug section with an up to date Scripts.rxdata with debug enabled.

The relationship guide itself will be updated when I am able to do so.

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PBSlaughter said:

Hey, I just replaced the scripts.rxdata in the V12 Rejuv file. 

Debug works fine, and the game saves, but once I restart or close the game, I get this error after loading the title screen.

Any ideas? 

Untitled-min (1).png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UDqZGsfMXTAIX61_dzSGA-DEnKdq24ha

Tell me if the same issue occurs when you have this Scripts.rxdata.  (It's the one that comes with v12.)

If it continues to persist, then it's a v12 Scripts error.  If it doesn't continue, then try to see if redownloading Scripts.rxdata in post 2 manages to fix it.

If not, then tell me the exact things you did after originally loading so I can see if I can try to recreate it.  If you're using some Rejuvenation based mods, then that also could be causing the problem.

Experiencing the same issue as PBSlaughter. Used the debug Scripts.rxdata once, file loaded up fine, saved and exited, got an error message, closed the whole game down, tried reopening, got this error message. Even after replacing with the original Scripts.rxdata file, as well as the one you linked in your last reply, the issue persists.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 2.34.22 PM.png

EDIT: I redownloaded V12 entirely and the game opened as normal. But if I use the game.exe from my original download, even after reopening with the new V12 file, it still gives the same error message.

Edited by CrystalKing

Alright, so here's what I've done. (No other mods installed, though I ran mods though V11, but that's all deleted and gone.)

With the standard scripts.rxdata that you just sent me, the game loads and works fine. Soft resetting and closing/reopening the game has no problems at all.

When I replace it with the scripts.rxdata in post 2, I get the same result: Debug works fine and I can change whatever I wish (This time I didn't change anything.) Game saves fine. 

I did notice though that a new filed labelled "PBS" appears in the Rejuvenation - V12 folder as well. (Edit: It contains abilities.txt/moves.txt/types.txt if that means anything. Nothing else is in the folder.)

When I soft reset the game (F12), I get the Exception: Type Error. From there the game remains a black screen. Soft resetting further gives the same message with the same black screen.

When I close and reopen the game, I can get to the title screen, but pressing any key will get me the same error I've already posted. 

That's about as much as I can tell you, friend, what do you think?

Untitled-min (2).png

Alright, so I did a few things.

I downloaded an alternate build as my build wouldn't replicate the errors I was seeing.

~ I started a new game and soft reset with the normal script, this allowed me to continue as normal.

~ I started a new game and soft reset with the script I have in post 2, this provided me with similar error messages and the inability to load the game again.

~ I then decided to use Gemini and reinsert the line in a fresh Scripts.rxdata, this resulted in the same problem as the one linked in post 2.

~ I then moved where I opened debug within Scripts.rxdata.  (From Pokemonload to Pokemonsave.)

~ The change requires one to save before one can gain access to debug, but after saving and soft resetting, the same error persisted.

So currently, I am unsure of what exactly the issue is, but I believe it has to do with debug being enabled is causing it.  If I were to guess, it is related to debug not closing properly, thus corrupting the build.  As to why that is?  I haven't been able to ascertain why.  V11.3 never had this issue and my build of V12 doesn't have this it either.

The only suggestion that I have is to not utilize debug until after you gain your starter.  It may be bugging out due to something related to the prologue for whatever reason.  I'll continue to look into it and I'll be updating post 2 with this suggestion.  I apologize to both of you if this isn't a satisfactory reply and I apologize to everyone else who may be having similar problems.

Edited by Myrrh

No problemo mate, things take time and with the new version, errors are to be expected. 

"Not utilize debug until after you gain your starter..." I've been loading debug into my main file (Which ran debug without errors in V11)

But it's all good! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Are there really no Relationship Points to be gained during the main story this time? It seemed like the sort of thing that'd have a potential gain point or two. 

Losing to amanda on a 2 v 1 battle could maybe lose a point from madelis or Melia (Melia will say that she is rethinking her life choices (probably her battle skills) )

Are there no relationship points for stopping karrina from killing karen? I think there must be. Also, when the player meets up with Ren and Aelita after Aelita fights the Tuff-Puff, depending on the answer, a line dialogue change can be seen. This might be a potential place too.

Since the error only occurs when debug is enabled, try commenting/removing sections that only occur if debug is enabled.  If the error persists, it’s somewhere else.  If the error goes away, the problem was in what you removed.  You can work from there.  That’s what I do when my code has issues.

I have officially updated the guide to cover every event that provides relationship points up to the current episode.

Furthermore, I have some potential advice on how to utilize the debug menu without it destroying your game builds:

~ This first one I have presented in the second post and it is to utilize Pokemon Essential's Game.exe file to go into Rejuvenation when you want to make use of the debug menu.  This has worked for me where it will not present any issues.  What I'd suggest is having two game builds in this scenario.

~ You can use a game build, load up your game, do the changes with the debug menu, and then replace the game build with an entirely new one, while also maintaining the changes.

Now, to answer some questions...

On 7/16/2019 at 10:07 AM, Mytic27 said:

Losing to amanda on a 2 v 1 battle could maybe lose a point from madelis or Melia (Melia will say that she is rethinking her life choices (probably her battle skills) )

This neither gains you any or loses you any, nor does this battle involve anything related to karma.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, BRS swag said:

Are there no relationship points for stopping karrina from killing karen? I think there must be. Also, when the player meets up with Ren and Aelita after Aelita fights the Tuff-Puff, depending on the answer, a line dialogue change can be seen. This might be a potential place too.

There are not.  If you chose to let her kill Karen, then you'll lose 5 Karma.  If you then chose to keep Karrina alive, then she'll give you the mega stone you had not gotten from her previously.  There are also two variables related to either Karen or Karrina being dead or not, which will likely play into future events down the line.

You also do get some relationship points from defeating Tuff-Puff.

Thanks for all your patience and I hope this helps you all while playing.

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:16 AM, Myrrh said:

I have officially updated the guide to cover every event that provides relationship points up to the current episode.

Furthermore, I have some potential advice on how to utilize the debug menu without it destroying your game builds:

~ This first one I have presented in the second post and it is to utilize Pokemon Essential's Game.exe file to go into Rejuvenation when you want to make use of the debug menu.  This has worked for me where it will not present any issues.  What I'd suggest is having two game builds in this scenario.

~ You can use a game build, load up your game, do the changes with the debug menu, and then replace the game build with an entirely new one, while also maintaining the changes.

Now, to answer some questions...

This neither gains you any or loses you any, nor does this battle involve anything related to karma.

There are not.  If you chose to let her kill Karen, then you'll lose 5 Karma.  If you then chose to keep Karrina alive, then she'll give you the mega stone you had not gotten from her previously.  There are also two variables related to either Karen or Karrina being dead or not, which will likely play into future events down the line.

You also do get some relationship points from defeating Tuff-Puff.

Thanks for all your patience and I hope this helps you all while playing.

I still really appreciate this guide I must say, thank you for making it.

I'm surprised there's nothing for beating the machines attacking you in the Pyramid, or for beating Aelita/Melia when teamed up with Naganadel.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, Myrrh said:

If you chose to let her kill Karen, then you'll lose 5 Karma.

Karma? Could you elaborate :o?

22 hours ago, ZappoNinja said:

I still really appreciate this guide I must say, thank you for making it.

Yeah, no problem.  I'm happy as long as you or anyone else are getting use out of it.

7 hours ago, Mionee said:

I'm surprised there's nothing for beating the machines attacking you in the Pyramid, or for beating Aelita/Melia when teamed up with Naganadel.

Karma? Could you elaborate :o?

Karma is a hidden value that determines if you as the player are making good or bad choices throughout the game.  Performing help requests, winning tough or "unwinnable" battles, and your dialogue choices all can impact Karma.

This has been a life-saver for me. Thank you for the great effort. I just have a question in regards of the followings:

Spoiler

Alexandra: Excellent! Finally, what do you think, \PN?

Choices:

I wish for peace. (Ren +1, Alexandra +3, Ryland +1)

I don't know... (Ren +2, Alexandra -1, Ryland -1)

... (Ren -1, Alexandra -1, Ryland -1)

Alexandra: Please, \PN. Please cooperate with Ren.  Even if it's just for a little while.  Of course, this isn't without reward.

Choices:

Alright... (Ren +1, Alexandra +1)

No Thanks. (Ren -1)

Is this a part of the story? Because I never got Alexandra asking me these options. 

23 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

This has been a life-saver for me. Thank you for the great effort. I just have a question in regards of the followings:

Hide contents

Alexandra: Excellent! Finally, what do you think, \PN?

Choices:

I wish for peace. (Ren +1, Alexandra +3, Ryland +1)

I don't know... (Ren +2, Alexandra -1, Ryland -1)

... (Ren -1, Alexandra -1, Ryland -1)

Alexandra: Please, \PN. Please cooperate with Ren.  Even if it's just for a little while.  Of course, this isn't without reward.

Choices:

Alright... (Ren +1, Alexandra +1)

No Thanks. (Ren -1)

Is this a part of the story? Because I never got Alexandra asking me these options. 

Spoiler

These choices only appear in the story if one had chosen to expose Flora when given the opportunity.

7 hours ago, Myrrh said:

Yeah, no problem.  I'm happy as long as you or anyone else are getting use out of it.

Karma is a hidden value that determines if you as the player are making good or bad choices throughout the game.  Performing help requests, winning tough or "unwinnable" battles, and your dialogue choices all can impact Karma.

Is there really nothing for winning or losing against Aelita/ Melia? Not even karma?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Is there really nothing for winning or losing against Aelita/ Melia? Not even karma?

Given that there doesn't seem to be any Relationship Points involved (understandable, Aelita did warn everyone that something might go sour like this if you're not careful), it almost certainly has an impact on Karma. This isn't visible in the guide, however, because the guide's specifically for Relationship Points. Earning Karma's just as thoroughly entrenched in the story, and a complex enough topic to warrant its own guide when that time comes.

30 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Given that there doesn't seem to be any Relationship Points involved (understandable, Aelita did warn everyone that something might go sour like this if you're not careful), it almost certainly has an impact on Karma. This isn't visible in the guide, however, because the guide's specifically for Relationship Points. Earning Karma's just as thoroughly entrenched in the story, and a complex enough topic to warrant its own guide when that time comes.

True, but I just wanted to confirm with him as he knows the anwser since he went through this with debug.

• Upvote 1

Winning or losing against Aelita and Melia has no baring on Karma.  You neither will gain points, nor will lose points.  The only difference is the resulting cutscene after the battle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

Winning or losing against Aelita and Melia has no baring on Karma.  You neither will gain points, nor will lose points.  The only difference is the resulting cutscene after the battle.

How bizzare. Anyways, thanks for anwsering!

• Upvote 1