[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

Hearing Alphys lament the lack of trash for tech pieces Ignia takes a few steps over to where she and Frisk are talking.
"You know if the barrier is down you could just go out and get working tech right?  I think we had some junk on the space ship we took to get here even if you'd like."

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Ignia's words, Alphys sweats.

9cnYYtI.png

Asgore's face scrunches up in confusion.

RifDi8M.png

Alphys and Undyne freeze for a moment, before Alphys sighs in relief.

chpS07x.png

Toriel frowns.  "I would not call him 'Your Majesty' if I were you.  I think it's safe to say that Asgore will not be acting as King in the foreseeable future, so long as I am around."

nHL0u1x.png

Toriel glances at Asgore sideways.  "Yes, well, you have proven that you are better at gardening than decision-making."

"That said, you are still fired, Dr. Alphys," she reiterates.

Undyne guffaws, grabbing Alphys like a football, the Lizard squawks in alarm.

s5OSjXg.png

As the Royal Guard Captain runs off with a wriggling former scientist in tow, Toriel looks towards Ignia and the others.

"It will take time to inform everyone of what has happened, and longer still to evacuate the Underground.  Perhaps you all should take one last walk around."

"Whatever you choose, there is much we must do before we can all leave.  Water must be found for the aquatic monsters to live in, homes must be built, and, indeed, the humans must be contacted, should we choose to remain on this world...  After all, there are others, are there not?"

She pauses long enough to think.

"I fear, from what Frisk has told me, the humans have long since forgotten that we exist.  It may be worth considering, that perhaps we could leave them in this ignorance."

She shakes her head, and looks across at all of the humans.  "Now, however, is a time of rest.  If there is anything you would like to do, then please, feel free.  You have earned it."

Frisk scratches their chin.  "I've always wanted to go to a Karaoke Bar with you guys," they admit.

"That sounds like a decision you'll have to make as time tells."

She reaches up and scratches the side of her head.

"Though if you wanted to leave the world there are a few Refuge Worlds you could try to move to temporarily."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing the conversation and bowing her way out Ignia takes a boat ride to Snowdin, and walks back to the Snowdin crossroads from before.

She approaches the snowman she had taken a piece of and pulls out the handful of mostly slush to return to him.
"Well you've seen most of the Underground now, I'd take your further but I'm afraid you'll melt."

Lucine looked a little startled to be alive and well. Not that she was complaining, but she'd been fully prepared to rush back to the ships to try and get fixed before the strain did her in. "I guess we did it." She glanced back at where the SOUL containers had been stored. It seemed the resident expert at making bodies had just been carried off, too, but there were a few people that could probably help. Did I really do that good of a job, though? She had hope that they could get Nader back, but Lucine still couldn't help but feel like it was her fault that this needed to happen anyways. 

The homunculus wandered back to the group. She'd also more or less admitted that she wasn't human to everyone here, unless they really couldn't put two and two together. Things might be awkward going forward. Or, they might not be. Those who'd found out had been kind, or in some cases the variety of kind that mostly involved violence directed at other people. She stayed quiet for the moment, unsure of what to really say, and feeling mentally exhausted by the whole experience.

The snowman smiles.

"Please, if it isn't too much trouble, I'd like you to take it with you.  Even if it does melt, I'd like to know that a part of me has gone further than ever before."

The hunk of snow transforms with a flash of light, turning into a large, upside down heart-shaped snowflake keychain.

Sno-Wing:  Born from a fulfilled promise to a very happy snowman, this keyblade takes the form of a pure white ice sculpture featuring Spears, Fireballs, Bones, and Lightning Bolts jutting from the end of a "blade" made of seven hearts stacked on top of one another.  It pulses with incredibly strong magic.

Special Qualities:

-Keychain: Attached to a "Keyblade"

-Frailty: +0 Damage Dice.

-Love, Hope, Compassion, Dreams: Add Synergy again to magical healing, if it adds Synergy once.

-FIGHT: Add ESS to physical attacks made with this keyblade, Deals Arcane Damage.

-MERCY: The user may abort combat if the enemy's desire to fight has lowered enough, using a wave of determination and magic.

"Spaceship? Don't you mean the school bus Ignia?," Jun asked, briefly wondering if Ignia genuinely just didn't know what that was, or if the knight simply wanted their ride to sound a bit cooler than it actually was. And with that said, she slowly turned to face Toriel once more before very politely saying, "Well, we mostly get called in to worlds that's in great danger or otherwise in dire need for help propping up before it all collapses, but if we find a cool enough world I'll keep the queendom of monsters in mind. Of course if you've already found one and need a bit of help with settling in you could always give us a call..."

There is a brief and very awkward pause before Jun coughs, and says, "And uh, if it isn't too much too ask, I've kind of been wondering what a proper slice of butterscotch pie tastes like ever since I saw the recipes in the trash..."

With things preparing to be ready for his gentle touch, Arminius begins heading back to the start again. On the way, he pauses in the purplely, spider weby area they saw on the way there, curious about who the occupant could be.

Toriel chuckles at Jun's words.  "Perhaps, then, we will keep that as a backup plan, as it were."

"Very well.  I suppose if ever there was a time for pie, it would be now."

"...Although, it seems I may be cooking for a while, with how many are here," she hums, looking over the crowd of excited monsters.

"Come along, then, there is no better time than now to begin," she says, her tone brokering no argument from Asriel, Chara and Asgore, as they all walk into Asgore's house to start cooking.

Asgore looks at Lucine.  "Would you like to come along, little one?  We'll need all the hands we can get."  his eyes are misty, but there is a sense of something more there.

Other monsters cotton on, and scurry off to cook their own parts in what will certainly be a celebratory feast.

"Hey mom, I gotta go with Arminius to check stuff out.  Be back soon," Frisk says, wandering off with the person in question.

Toriel is tempted to voice her concerns, but decides against it.  'I doubt there exists anyone in this world who can harm that child,' she chuckles to herself.  There is certainly something to consider, when one's child controls time itself.

-

As Arminius comes to a halt in the dank depths of some web-covered area, he encounters a small stand with a spider woman manning it.

There is a Donut and a Croissant on the table, but they both appear to be rubbery fakes.

"Ahuhuhu, would you like to buy a Spider Donut or a Bottle of Spider Cider?  Only 9999G!" she says.

"All proceeds go to real spiders, of course."

(9999G) Spider Donut: Made for spiders, by spiders, from spiders.

(9999G) Spider Cider: Made of crushed spiders, not just the juice.
(9999G) Spider Hard Cider: Smells like poison.  They don't sell it to kids.

Seeing as everyone was going around doing good and honest work with preparing the feast she had accidentally requested, Jun in lieu of actually helping out in the kitchen, instead decides to find a lead for a working karaoke machine, singling out Gerson, the foremost merchant (still in the castle) as the person she will sidle up to and very suddenly ask, "Hey, thanks for teaching me how to use THE LAW earlier, even though I didn't actually need to use it this time. But anyway, this might seem a bit sudden but, do you know where we could find a working karaoke machine?."

Arminius shakes his head with a smile. Honestly, the spider woman seemed down right normal for Arminius, which meant that this was enough of a reason to delay his initial goal in favor of a conversation. Just for a little while.... "Sorry Miss, already got some earlier... By the way, I don't think I've seen you before, is that right or was I just not paying enough attention last time we were through?"

Ignia smiles and nods to the snowman.
"Thank you.  It will go places you won't believe, trust me."

Once she's done she starts heading back towards New Home, taking some time to keep an eye out for any stray shadows moving around where they shouldn't.

Spoiler

Pursuing Darkness: Frigus may spend free time to go "looking for trouble" and find either Heartless or a Moogle shop(50% chance if looking), Heartless drop synthesis materials and/or munny if defeated, specific synthesis materials(and rarely other items) may be bought from Moogle shops with munny, once located Moogle shops can provide a small boost to crafting with synthesis materials.

-Jun

"A karaoke machine, eh?  You know, I think I know just the place to get one of those.  I'll go scrounge it up.  Hey, brats, come here and help an old man get some work done!" he shouts over at the Dog Squadron, who follow him out of the room to fish up the equipment.

-Arminius

"I'm afraid not, deary~  I'd know if I met humans like you," she giggles, reaching down to pinch Frisk's cheeks.

"It's the oddest thing, though, I can't help but feel like I know this little one here."

The child withstands the pinch stoically.  "I'm Frisk.  This is Arminius."

More giggling from the spider lady.  "Well, I'll be sure to keep you in mind.  Have a nice day, dearies.  Come back when you're feeling a bit hungrier, and I'll have you for dinner, Ahuhuhu~"

-Ignia

(1d2 = 1)  (1d100 = 71)

Ignia's wandering around eventually leads them to places in waterfall where reality is a bit... unreal.

The shadows near this dock, for instance, are too long, and too deep.

It takes little encouragement for the Shadows to spit out their contents,

A black silhouette wielding a wicked blade walks calmly towards Ignia with an air of malice, but after only a few steps, it collapses in on itself, and two Screwdivers and a Turquoise March take its place, emerging from the puddle of darkness that it leaves behind.

Theme

Spoiler

Status

Spoiler

Ignia: Healthy

-

Screwdiver 1: Healthy

Screwdiver 2: Healthy

Turquoise March: Healthy

-Lucine

Asgore pauses.  "Well, no, but I do know it.  It is Lucine, right?"

He guides her into his home, where Toriel is already digging through the fridge and pantries.

"Nothing but snails and expired tea," she frowns.

"I will go into town to purchase some groceries.  You all will stay here and wait patiently for me."

She considers something for a moment, before scribbling down something on a piece of paper.  "Asgore, should there be an emergency, this is my phone number," she says, handing over the slip of paper and walking out of the room.

Asgore looks conflicted, but something crosses his mind.

"Lucine... Have one of your friends... Been digging through my garbage?" he asks with some confusion.

Arminius chuckles quietly, a nostalgic expression crossing his face. "Some things don't change across universes huh? Well, let's get going ki-." Arminius starts to walk away as he speaks but suddenly stops before turning to face the woman again. 

"Oh yeah, we just got back from the Barrier. Or, former barrier that is. It's been broken."

-Arminius

Muffet gasps.  "Oh, really?  I had seen the flash of light, but I never... Oh my, oh dear, it seems I'll have to hurry up and pay for that heated limousine, so the spiders in the Ruins can leave with the rest of us..."

She hums thoughtfully.

"Be seeing you around dearies," she says, rummaging through the till to count the Gold inside.

Arminius nods. "I'm heading that way anyways, if you want us to give them the good news ahead of you. Either way, good luck miss... Oh, I suppose we skipped introductions. I'm Arminius and this is Frisk.  But yeah, good luck with your further ventures!" After getting their response, Arminius would head to the ruins, stopping at the shop to tell the spiders the good news if the lady wished it.

Seemingly overjoyed, insomuch as a spider can look overjoyed, they offer Arminius a Cider, on the house.

Spider Cider: Made with whole spiders, not just the juice.
Level 1: Restore 24 HP.

Frisk halts Arminius at the room just before the garden.

"Once we go in here, he'll remember everything we do and say, even if I LOAD."

"Be careful."

Arminius took the cider to be polite. Pausing at the garden he nodded to Frisk. "Makes sense.... I think I might have an idea that could help actually. So obviously, he can't understand why we'd want to help him since he lacks compassion right?"

"The only thing he has is willpower.  He's been like this so long, he doesn't even understand feelings like that anymore."

Frisk looks unsure.   "I don't know what he'll do next.  I've never seen him behave like this."

"Normally, when he loses, he becomes despondent.  His "games" are all he has.  A stubborn determination to see out his whims is the only thing he can truly feel."

Arminius nods. "Well, my plan is that I can give him some of myself... my compassion for now so he can at least understand why we're trying to help him. If it doesn't work... well, it'll be no great loss. We can regroup and try again later. But if it works... I imagine he'll be a lot more able to help use, don't you think?" Arminius looks at Frisk with a somewhat nervous smile, like he isn't sure it'll help at all for some reason.

In the center of the garden, Frisk's hunch turns out to be right.  The doll is standing in the middle.  Silent and still.

When they see who came in, their face doesn't change.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

Frisk steps forward.  "Arminius is willing to give you some of his own Compassion.  You'll be able to feel again.  Isn't that what you wanted?"

Flowey's lip twitches.  "So I can end up like that brat?"

Their grin splits wide open, toothy and dangerous.  "That little shit probably won't have a full night's sleep ever again after everything we did!"

"You saw him right?  Whimpering and crying, he's even worse than we used to be.  I bet he's in a much worse hell than I am," Flowey leers, tilting his head just so.

It seems he is even quicker to become bored than usual, as he drops the facade.

"Why do you keep coming back here?" he asks outright, looking at Frisk with a serious expression, one as lacking in malice as is physically possible for the entity.

"You already got what you wanted.  Toriel and Asgore will probably hook up again sooner or later.  Asriel can feel again, Chara gets to be a monster, just like she always wanted."

"You did it!  You won!  The End!  Happily Ever After."  With each phrase, his face twists more and more.

They raise an eyebrow.

"You don't REALLY want to be friends, do you...?"

"No. I get it," they admit with a shrug.

"You're just like me, aren't you?"

"You don't care about anyone."

"You're just bored."

"You just want to see what I'll say." With each line, they walk closer and closer to Frisk.  Despite this, the room doesn't dim.  No FIGHT is forthcoming.

"So you can laugh and throw me away like a broken toy."  They hold up their stuffed arm for emphasis.

Flowey pauses, thinking for several moments.  "I wonder what will happen if you aren't satisfied.  Will you go back again?"

Frisk's breath quickens.

Arminius clears his throat, shooting Frisk a quick look as he steps in. "That's an interesting question, but somehow I doubt he would even if he could. Everyone is free, the possibilities are limitless. If Frisk wants, he can go and have a family, be a kid, grow up... Hell, if they really want they could come with us... well, after a few years I'd hope. But you're just deflecting aren't you?" Arminius gets down on one knee to better talk to the doll, his expression hardening. 

"You're trying to talk your way out of us helping you because you can't understand, and it scares you right? It's perfectly natural to be scared of things you can't understand. We're offering a chance to not be scared anymore, to be able to live without being haunted by a specter you can't hope to defeat. Even if it's scary, wouldn't being happy be worth it?"

Flowey rolls their eyes.  "Calm down, idiot.  I don't care what you do to me anymore.  Why would I?"

"I may not remember what they feel like anymore.  Compassion, Love, Hopes and Dreams."

"But I still remember the day I died.  I remember how they screamed."

His face morphs into a facsimile of Chara's.  "You IDIOT!  You've got to fight back!  If you don't, we're going to die!  In this world it's kill or be killed Asriel!  It's kill or be killed!"

"I still remember how scared I was.  How angry they were, how betrayed...  I decided they were right, all too late."

"Compared to that, nothing really scares me anymore."

"It's so hard to believe that the passive little child sitting in Asgore's home is the same person who begged me to save us," Flowey says, shaking his head.

"They were the only person I could care about without a SOUL.  And even then, I couldn't TRULY care about them."

"I just liked to think that there was someone out there.  Someone I wouldn't get tired of.  Someone like ME."

Flowey offers up an empty smile.  "But it seems they're content to mop up that brat's tears from now on.  They're nothing like they used to be."

They return their attention to Frisk.

"But now it seems as if everyone is perfectly happy."

"Monsters will return to the surface.  Peace and prosperity will rule across the land."

"Take a deep breath.  There's nothing left to worry about."

"Well.  There is one thing.  One last threat."

"One being with the power to erase EVERYTHING...  Everything everyone's worked so hard for.  Everyone's Hopes, everyone's Dreams, vanquished in an instant."

"You know who I'm talking about, don't you?" Flowey says with a ghost of a smile.

"That's right.  I'm talking about YOU."

"YOU still have the power to reset everything."

"Toriel, Sans, Asgore, Alphys, Papyrus, Undyne..."

"Asriel, Chara, and all your human friends..."

"If you so choose..."

"Everyone will be ripped from this timeline... and sent back before all of this ever happened."

"Nobody will remember anything."

"You'll have as many tries as you like."

"Isn't that rich?  I tried my damndest to keep you here forever, to never let this game of ours end, and I wasted all that effort, when you would gladly do it yourself over a few loose ends."

Frisk shakes their head, but it seems Flowey's words are getting to them.  Their breathing comes unevenly, and they back away from Flowey.

He turns to face Arminius.  "Get it over with.  Before this selfish brat decides that it's worth trying a different approach."