[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

Arminius frowns before turning to Frisk. "Kid, please go wait outside. You're letting him get to you." Arminius waits until Frisk had left and definitely was not listening in, using one of his minions to remove the child if needed before turning back to the doll. "I can only hope that you start feeling bad about hurting other people soon, because otherwise this will be a painful journey for both of us."

Arminius sighs and concentrates for a second, the tattoos across his body glowing for a moment as he takes a piece of himself. "But... I'm used to being in pain. Bottoms up." With that, Arminius rather unceremoniously shoves his hand over Flowey's mouth, inserting the piece of essence.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucine nodded. "Well, my full name is Lucine Nadine Einzbern Yggdmillenia, but most people don't call me that." She almost unconsciously gave a small curtsy as she said the full name; it seemed that she, at least, still thought of Asgore as royalty. At the monster's question, though, she furrowed her brow in thought, before her face turned to the distinctive one of secondhand embarrassment. "Umm. . . I don't know that they did, but when I said they were weird earlier, I didn't just mean that they were mostly humans. They really are super weird." Her expression faded after a moment of thinking about that, but the girl visibly forced herself to move on. It was all going to be solved in due time. "I think I know who did it, too, if it was one of them."

-Arminius

(3, 19)  (77) (43)

Flowey absorbs the Essence, and, after several moments, nothing happens.

Suddenly, Flowey's body bloats, and begins to tear at the seams with plant matter as it flops backwards.

The head of the doll swells and tears in half to reveal a familiar, if far healthier-looking flower.  The white center of the flower melts and shifts like sludge, until it forms a disgruntled face.

"Ugh.  Just when I was getting used to having arms and legs.  Look what you've done." they scowl.

After a bit more disturbing wiggling, he looks surprised, and manages to rip two artichoke-like arms out of the cloth and fluff.

"Oooh!  That old hag must have scattered some of my dust on this doll at some point," they ponder, flexing the blunt red claws poking out of the scaly limbs.

They give Arminius a sly look.  "Got another one in ya?"

Arminius's tattoos flicker and spark with an annoying pinch, as if they can't decide whether or not to activate.

The malformed link between him and Flowey pulses painfully with waves of determination.  For a being like this, even dying means nothing in the face of them doing whatever they want.

Flowey glares at Arminius, and it's clear that he's enduring whatever is coming from Arminius's side.

Giggling maliciously, they shrug.  "Looks like I haven't been reduced to a quivering wreck like you were hoping."

They look towards the exit with some concern.  "That said, I doubt you want to do this again any more than I do.  If you just play along, I'll act like it worked when we see the brat again."

Not waiting for Arminius to answer, Flowey begins pulling the "hood" of the doll back up, trying to stuff their head in it.

Crew Member Option (Force the runes to deactivate)

Flowey: A sadistic plant infesting a stuffed goat-like doll.  His determination is so great, it can distort time itself when he feels like it.

Level 1: The party may choose to bring Flowey with them on a plot which does not contain any living being with more than 70 Essence.  If brought along, he will warn the party about things he doesn't like.  If he warns the party of something that will kill him, he will leave and return to the ship he came from.

The downside is that Flowey is currently a sociopath with a hunger for entertainment and no obvious emotional capacity.

Minion Option (Force the runes to activate)

Spoiler

Name: Flowey

Merit: 0
HP: 20
Moves:

Stats:

Essence: 35
Constitution: 2
Dexterity: 1
Intelligence: 3
Resistance: 0
Strength: 4
Synergy: 10

Perks:

Truant: Arminius isn't strong enough to make this minion do what he wants all the time.

Level 1: Flowey will do whatever they want every other turn, so long as they think they won't suffer consequences for it, or if it seems entertaining enough...
Level 2: Flowey can choose to simply leave combat, if they become bored.

Actions:
-Actives

Friendliness Pellets:  The user relies on a target's lowered guard to cripple them.

Level 1: The target is reduced to 1 HP if they fail a RES check.  The target may choose to simply move out of the way if they want to, and can, at no cost.

Rosy Ring: The user surrounds a target in a ring of pellets, sadistically closing them in until the target is struck by all of them at once.

Level 1: Next turn, the target takes Syn+4d10 damage if they move or if Flowey decides to finish them off.

-Lucine

"I am sure you know, but to formally introduce myself in turn, I am Asgore Dreemurr," he says, kneeling down to shake her hand.

Asgore looks confused at her explanation.  "I suppose I can see the irony in humans digging through the garbage of a monster," he eventually decides, chuckling.

He seems distracted, and the reasoning why is obvious, as he watches Chara emitting sparkling, colorful magic.  Asriel's tears have dried up for now, as he watches her quick learning with awe.

"It seems so unreal.  So painfully unreal," Asgore whispers.

"Like if I reach out to them, I will merely awaken."

-Jun

Gerson guides Jun and the others to Snowdin, and into Grillby's.

"Well well, still hot as ever, I see."  Gerson jokes.

"Do you still have that Jukebox?"

Grillby doesn't say anything.

"Hmph, so the damn thing is still busted, huh?" he says, looking over to the corner of the room where the dusty thing is sitting.

Arminius looks... very confused. Very, very confused. "I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what just happened. The only thing that went to plan is... you're looking much healthier. By a certain definition." With a shrug, and not much else to do about whatever just happened Arminius follows along with a shrug. At the very least this would mean that Frisk could relax some now. As they reach the door, Arminius smirks a bit to himself as exhales slightly harder through his nose. "This really does suck, huh?" His expression lifts as he starts chuckling outright, which morphs into a manic giggle for a few moments before he calms himself back down to just a smirk.

Ignia considers for a moment using her new Keychain, but decides it would be better suited for a fight were she was patching people up instead of attacking while outnumdered.

With that decided she summons her armor and Distrust, immediately moving in to attack the Heartless in the back.

Ignia casts Fira on the Turquoise March as a Quick Action with First Strike, she deals 2d10+10 fire damage with a 50% chance to ignite her target for 1d10+10 fire damage each round for two rounds.

For the other half of her Quick Action Ignia uses Poison Edge on one of the Screwdrivers, poisoning them for 11 damage each round for three rounds.

Spoiler

Stats:

HP: 52

DP: 3+3

Essence: 3

Dexterity: 0

Intelligence: 0

Resistance: 3

Strength: 10

If an attack would reduce your HP to 0 or lower, it instead reduces it to 1 unless you were at 1 HP when the attack landed or the attack would reduce you to a negative HP that has an absolute value is greater than your MHP.

Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Actions:

-Actives:

Cure: Restorative energy that mends bones and seals wounds.

Restore 1d4+[Syn] HP to one target.

Level 2: Quick action, may be used with the same move as another Quick action.

Fira(Bolt): Launch a single small ball of fire that homes in on your target.

Deal [Key dmg]+[Syn](instead of Str) fire damage to one target, 25% chance for target to catch fire and take [Syn] fire damage each round for two rounds.

Level 3: +1dX to burn effect.(based on Keyblade dice)

Level 4: Staggers target, interrupting any charging actions.

Level 5: Burn chance increased to 50%.

Level 6: Optional First Strike.

Poison Edge(Dark):  Make a Keyblade attack against one target, they become poisoned and take [Syn]/2+[DP] damage each round for three rounds, gain 1 DP, cooldown=1.

Strike Raid: Make a ranged Keyblade attack against two targets, if one(or both) of the targets has made a melee attack within the last round this attack hits again for a second Keyblade attack, cooldown=2.

-Passives:

Deck Boost: A technique used to fit more commands into the user’s deck.

Gain two action slots that can only be used for active actions.

Combo+: See Frigus.

HP Boost: A common skill among Keyblade wielders, used to boost one’s physical durability.

Increase MHP by 8.

Levels 2-9: +3/each.(total of +32)

Heart Armor: Any Keyblade wielder worth their salt knows how to summon Heart Armor to protect themselves in combat against the Darkness.

Provides immunity to most environmental effects including brief void exposure.

Level 2: Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Level 3: Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Borrowed Power(Dark): Drawing from the Darkness has bolstered Ignia’s powers faster than ever before.

Current: +4 Syn, +3 Str, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 1: +3 Syn, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 2: +1 Str

Level 3: +1 Str

Level 4: +1 Syn

Level 5: +1 Str

-Equipment:

Name: Keyblade

Damage: 0d6+[Str]

Type: Active

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

-Smash II: Keyblade damage dice are now d10 instead of d6.

Name: Distrust
Description: The bronze Apprenticeship emblem Ignia started using after she “failed” her first Journeyman test and her previous keychain “Embers of Light” ceased to work, it creates a fairly old, elaborate, and slightly tarnished looking bronze key that is just a little corroded in places.

Special Qualities:

-Keychain: Attached to  a “Keyblade”.

-Ancient Bolster: +2 dice.

-The First Step: DP is considered 3 points higher when using this Keychain, these temp DP do not reduce MHP.

Level 2:

-Two Steps Back: Ignia may choose to ignore the first three DP she would gain in an encounter.

Name: Ability Stud

Description: A small lump of metal on a chain that seems to broaden its holder’s abilities.

Effect: Gain two action slots that can only be used for passive actions.

Flowey looks relieved as Arminius forces his tattoos to shut down.

"I've been a flower too long, that's what happened.  I don't have enough power to return to my 'true' form, but I've got too much power to stay a stupid little doll."

Despite not being a "stupid little doll", displeased.  "It seems I really am Flowey."

They take clumsy steps on roots not meant for walking.

It strikes Arminius that, if they wanted, Flowey probably could have tricked them all from the getgo into thinking he wasn't the asshole he is, as he puts on a tearful, shivering expression and demeanor and hugs himself as they walk out of the room.

Frisk is taken aback when Flowey almost tackles them, sobbing fat crocodile tears and shuddering violently.

"I-I gotta go with these guys, Frisk.  There are bad people out there, and... and I want to help," he says in a reedy voice.

Frisk, confused but relieved at the emotional display, pats them on the back and nods.

Arminius notices them SAVE right then and there.

"And for the record, Arminius is right.  I couldn't go back, even if I wanted to.  Not all the way," Frisk says.

"I checked already.  Lucine's wish was for Monsters to be free.  Even if I RESET now, I can't go any further back than the barrier being broken.  You don't have to be scared of going back anymore."

Flowey freezes.

"Well then what the hell am I doing this for?" he sneers, rolling his eyes and pulling away from Frisk and pulling the cloth off of his face.

"It's been fun idiot, it really has, but I've already done everything this world has to offer." Flowey says.

"All these worthless memories, all these worthless people, I'm sure you'll have fun with them."

"Have fun, my little Monarch.  I've got better things to do."

"That is, if these angsty little killers have an opening," he gripes, looking at Arminius.

Frisk sighs.  "You know, I'm almost relieved."

"I'm going to have my hands full with one Asriel."

-Ignia

Theme

Hide contents

(4, 3, 1)

Ignia deals 34 damage to the Turquoise March, slaying it instantly!

Ignia poisons Screwdriver 1, and it takes 11 damage from the burbling toxins!

(19, 20)

Ignia's armor fails to protect them from the Screwdivers' attacks!

(15, 6)

Ignia takes 21 damage as both Screwdivers charge at her with their spears!

Status

Hide contents

Ignia: 31/52 HP

-

Screwdiver 1: Poisoned, Heavily Damaged

Screwdiver 2: Healthy

Turquoise March: Dead

Ignia uses Strike Raid on the two Screwdrivers, hitting each for 2d10+10 once and again because they made a melee attack last round.

Spoiler

Stats:

If an attack would reduce your HP to 0 or lower, it instead reduces it to 1 unless you were at 1 HP when the attack landed or the attack would reduce you to a negative HP that has an absolute value is greater than your MHP.

Actions:

-Actives:

Deal [Key dmg]+[Syn](instead of Str) fire damage to one target, 25% chance for target to catch fire and take [Syn] fire damage each round for two rounds.

Poison Edge(Dark):  Make a Keyblade attack against one target, they become poisoned and take [Syn]/2+[DP] damage each round for three rounds, gain 1 DP, cooldown=1.

Strike Raid: Make a ranged Keyblade attack against two targets, if one(or both) of the targets has made a melee attack within the last round this attack hits again for a second Keyblade attack, cooldown=2.

-Passives:

HP Boost: A common skill among Keyblade wielders, used to boost one’s physical durability.

Increase MHP by 8.

Heart Armor: Any Keyblade wielder worth their salt knows how to summon Heart Armor to protect themselves in combat against the Darkness.

Borrowed Power(Dark): Drawing from the Darkness has bolstered Ignia’s powers faster than ever before.

Current: +4 Syn, +3 Str, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 1: +3 Syn, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

-Equipment:

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

Description: The bronze Apprenticeship emblem Ignia started using after she “failed” her first Journeyman test and her previous keychain “Embers of Light” ceased to work, it creates a fairly old, elaborate, and slightly tarnished looking bronze key that is just a little corroded in places.

Special Qualities:

-The First Step: DP is considered 3 points higher when using this Keychain, these temp DP do not reduce MHP.

Level 2:

-Two Steps Back: Ignia may choose to ignore the first three DP she would gain in an encounter.

Description: A small lump of metal on a chain that seems to broaden its holder’s abilities.

The two Screwdivers are destroyed instantly by Ignia's twirling whirling keyblade, expelling their hearts and scattering treasures about.

Hi-Potion: A glittering pot of stars and jelly, it is packed with potent healing magic.
Level 1: Restore 50 HP when used.
Thunder Gem

Shiny Stone

As the Heartless fade away, the pool of shadows congeals into a swirling pillar.  A small monster child thrashes their way out of it, screaming and crying.

They flop out of the ooze, choking and coughing up the foul black substance.

The darkness pools together, transforming into a eerily glowing fragment.

Erased Crystal (1/3)

"I-I gotta get home," they say.  The child has a bow in their hair, and a striped shirt that is stained with something grey.  They don't seem to have arms, and look distinctly lizard-like.

Running away, they stop only long enough to warn Ignia.  "The others will be worse." They say mysteriously, before leaving.

Arminius rolls his eyes, secretly glad that they don't have to pretend to be buddy buddy with Flowey anymore. He nudges the plant monster at it's request. "Sorry, the angsty killers are full. We're going to have to stick you with the people that have no self control and constantly do crazy experiments... Least they're a relentlessly happy lot though right?" Arminius smirks, only really joking about not having enough room in the angsty killer group.

-Arminius

Flowey smiles.  "I don't care.  I just want out."

"Even killing has gotten boring by now.  I'm looking forward to something new.  It doesn't matter what."

Frisk seems so used to this sort of behavior.

-Ignia

The crystal is a deep red that almost reminds Ignia of a Gummi Block, but different in a way they can't quite put their fingers on.  It is shaped like a third of an orb.

Where the Heartless were called from, there is a swirling disk of purple and black on the floor.  Yet more Heartless could be drawn out of it.

Despite Ignia having killed some of them, it feels darker than before.  The next ones she calls will be even stronger.

Arminius shrugs. "Well, you're bound to find something to entertain you out there.... So do you want to follow me around or go back to the bus? Because I still have business here but I think you've pissed off less people at the bus."

"Yeah, I'd love to get burned to death when that human with the dumb zippers sees me again," Flowey says sarcastically.

"Lead the way, unless you'd like me to just wander around looking for that bus."

Frisk thinks for a moment.  "I've got things I need to do too."

-Arminius

Taking Flowey back to the bus, they look around with barely restrained interest, looking at all the strange objects and individuals.

WaveImpmon breaks out into a cold sweat at the sight of him, Tattletale simply keeps a gun nearby, and Arminius leaves.

-Ignia

Spoiler

Yet more darkness pours from the void at Ignia's command.  It takes the form of a black silhouette, with vivid red eyes that stare Ignia down as it stalks towards them.

Once again, however, its body breaks apart under its own weight, legs and arms crumbling into shadows that reform into two gigantic heartless, a titanic whale and a massive jellyfish.

The Aquatank spits out a Screwdiver!

Spoiler

Ignia: Healthy

-

Aquatank: Healthy

Screwdiver: Healthy

Sheltering Zone: Healthy

Ignia narrowed her eyes, suddenly wishing she'd taken the time to learn some better wise area spells.

Ignia casts Fira on the Aquatank as a Quick Action with First Strike, she deals 2d10+10 fire damage with a 50% chance to ignite her target for 1d10+10 fire damage each round for two rounds.
Then she holds her half-action until the end of the round and casts Cure on herself to restore 1d4+10 HP.

(Note Poison Edge was swapped out for Payback Crush for a stun-counter)

Spoiler

Stats:

Counterattacks on a stun.

Actions:

-Actives:

-Passives:

Increase MHP by 8.

-Trumps:

Payback Crush:

Upon being hit by an enemy with a Stun effect Ignia cancels the Stun and makes a Keyblade Counterattack against her assailant, cooldown of 4.

-Equipment:

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

Special Qualities:

Level 2:

-Ignia

Hide contents

(10, 2, 1)

Ignia uses Fira, dealing 22 damage, but failing to ignite the massive heartless!

The Aquatank spits out a second Screwdiver!

The Aquatank attacks Ignia with a powerful bodyslam... but the Stun failed!

(1, 4)

Ignia counterattacks. dealing 15 Damage to it!

(11)

Screwdiver 1 attacks Ignia, dealing 10 Damage!

(15)

Sheltering Zone swipes a tentacle at Ignia, dealing 14 Damage!

(2)

Ignia uses Cure, healing herself for 12 health!

Hide contents

Ignia: 40 / 52 HP

-

Aquatank: Critical Health

Screwdiver 1: Healthy

-Ignia

Hide contents

The Aqua Tank and Screwdiver 1 are instantly slain by Ignia's Strike Raid!

(16)

Screwdiver 2 charges at Ignia with their trident, dealing 15 damage!

(13)

Sheltering Zone swipes at Ignia again, dealing 12 damage!

Hide contents

Ignia: 13 / 52 HP

-

Ignia casts Fira on the Screwdiver as a Quick Action with First Strike, she deals 2d10+10 fire damage with a 50% chance to ignite her target for 1d10+10 fire damage each round for two rounds.
Then she casts Cure on herself to restore 1d4+10 HP.

Spoiler

Stats:

Counterattack on cooldown.

Actions:

-Actives:

-Passives:

Increase MHP by 8.

-Trumps:

Payback Crush:

Upon being hit by an enemy with a Stun effect Ignia cancels the Stun and makes a Keyblade Counterattack against her assailant, cooldown of 4.

-Equipment:

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

Special Qualities:

Level 2:

-Ignia

Hide contents

(10, 9)

Ignia's Fire blast instantly kills the Spear-wielding Heartless!

(1)

Ignia recovers 11 health!

(3)

The Sheltering Zone tries to attack Ignia again, but only manages to deal 2 damage!

Hide contents

Ignia: 22 / 52 HP

-