[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

-Grilby's

Rachel enters the restaurant, finding a variety of kookie looking monsters.  Toriel follows in after her, and the children at last escape her arms, scampering over to a booth nearby.

She overhears a few conversations as she approaches the bar with the rest of the party.

"I hear human food is different from monster food.  Not only does it do things like 'spoil', but apparently it goes all the way through your body.  Disgusting...  I'd love to try it some time."  A gigantic venus-fly-trap says, mulling over an omelette.

A swirly eyed rabbit slams down another glass of a glowing orange drink.

"No matter where I go, it's the same menu, the same people... Help!  I wan' new drinks an' h-h-h hot guys!" they lament to themselves.

As Rachel approaches the bar, Sans looks at the others.

UAoElEY.png

He notes down everyone's orders, and glances at Ignia and Frisk.

xpots33.png

The living flame-elemental finishes wiping the glass they're holding, and walks into the kitchen to make the orders.

Sans casually combs the back of his skull with a cheap plastic comb.

BVI9ix7.png

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sandwich was. . . surprisingly invigorating. She wasn't sure if she enjoyed it for the taste, or simply for how hungry she actually was. "This is actually really good!" She looked around. "Thanks for the food. Do you know where that weird skeleton guy went?" 

Burgerpants looks nervous.  "Mettaton gets upset if I get too chummy with the customers..."

He shrugs.  "Who knows.  Sans just kinda shows up from time to time.  He works here as a comedian, he's pretty funny."

"But take it from me little buddy, don't get mixed up with popular people. They'll just take advantage of you," they say.

"It's a little too late for that. . ." Entangled with popular people might not have been the phrasing she would have applied, but it was certainly one way to refer to her. "If Mettaton would really get mad at you, though, I'll leave you alone. Sorry to bother you." If that was true, this Mettaton didn't sound very nice. She made a mental note to avoid whoever it was if the situation came up.

"Well, he doesn't really get mad... It's more like he has this... CD he plays..."  Burgerpants's face turns sour.

"Filled with songs about how bad I am at my job..."

He shakes his head at Lucine's declaration of it being too late.

"You've still got time little buddy!  Don't end up like me."

He leans back with a sly smile as he takes a puff. "I'm 19 years old and I've already wasted my entire life."

"Don't worry about it.  It's only against the rules for me to talk to customers who haven't paid yet.  Everyone calls me Burgerpants," he says.  Though, he sounds resigned with the name.

Arminius shrugs at the comment about his drink choice. "Long day, besides I always make it a point to try the local drinks. As for your brother... No bones about it, he's got spirit.... Maybe could bone up on his trap work, but if he kept up that performance even if we were less friendly, I'd say nothing could rattle him."

Ignia shrugs at Sans' question and takes another bite of her food to stall for a second.

"He's definitely something....I'm not sure how much of it is bravery and potential and how much is foolishness and luck...."

-Grillby's

As the others talk, Grillby returns with everyone's orders.

Sans smiles a bit wider, and passes Rachel his burger, noticing she arrived too late to order with everyone else.

ZjNDddF.png

He laughs a bit in spite of himself.

swGbHvr.png

He pauses for a moment.

The whole building goes quiet.

Spoiler

v4s0i1A.png

He looks at everyone's faces, and settles on Ignia.  Frisk swallows, focusing on their food.  It seems this caught them badly off guard.

vZnUAMj.png

He says to Ignia, as if she has any clue what he's going on about.

3ZiGyWK.png

He waits for a few moments before sharing his conclusion.

GaN9KTY.png

He stretches wide, letting out a yawn as the noises in the room return to their usual volume.

u9sphEC.png

Grillby rolls their eyes behind their glasses.

Burgerpants becomes much more lively.

"That's attractive people for you!  If you aren't 'One of them', they're just going to take advantage of you."

"Like those two chicks that hang out in the alley here who asked me to sneak them some glamburgers.  And I, naive teenager that I was, said yes to them..."

His face scrunches up nervously.

"bad idea."

"So I went to the alley to see those two chicks, and uhh... see what'd happen next!"

"Then my boss saw me and asked me what I was doing..."

"I was so startled, the hamburgers in my pockets tumbled out and fell onto the ground..."

"Not wanting to lose face, I scrambled to pick them up, but the weight of the remaining hamburgers..."

"...Caused my pants to fall down."

"Then the girls laughed at me."

He looks morose.

"Everyone calls me Burgerpants now."

He shakes his head, turning back to the subject of Mettaton.

"Anyway, I wanted to be an actor!"

"When I first came to hotland, it was my dream to work with Mettaton!.."

He chuckles derisively.  "Well, be careful what you wish for, little buddy!"

"God, I mean, have you even looked around?  This place is a labyrinth of bad choices!  And every time we try to change things for the better, Mettaton vetos it, and says;"

He begins speaking in a mocking robotic tone.

"Oh!  That's not how they do it on the surface!"

He scowls.  "Oh! Right!  Because humans are always eating hamburgers made out of sequins and glue!"

He sighs.  "Why do people find him so attractive?!  He's literally just a freakin' rectangle!"

"..."

"One time, I uhh... Bought one of those kits online... to... uh..."

"Make yourself more rectangular."

"...They don't work" he mutters.

On a roll, Burgerpants continues his ranting, now that he's started.

"Nothing down here ever changes.  I'll probably be stuck at this stupid job forever."

After a few moments, he forces himself to smile.

"But wait!  There's one thing that keeps me going!" he says.

"If ASGORE gets just one more SOUL, we'll all get to go to the surface!" he says, smiling as hard as he can make himself.

"It'll be a brand new world!  There's got to be a second chance out there for me!  For everyone!"

He leans back with a sly smile as he takes another toke.

"So stay strong little buddy.  When I make it big, I'll keep you in mind!" he says with a smile.

"Need anything else?"

Proditor

For a self proclaimed failure, what Burgerpants had said gave Proditor quite a bit of information on the situation, the name of their sudden, skeletal benefactor being just one of them. Namely, the dream of leaving was the one thing keeping everyone down here going, a hope that was finally within their reach. He would admit that this 'Mettaton' sounded awful, telling others how bad they are, even for one mistake, was not a thing Proditor could approve of. 

"I believe we are fine. Keep holding onto that hope, it is likely closer to fruition than you would believe" Proditor stated, as still and calm as ever while giving his sympathy for the poor soul. With that though, Proditor spun around, floating out of the restaurant, moving to the side of the door and patiently waiting for Lucine to follow.

Arminius looks at Sans out of the corner of his eye as the skeleton describes what his brother had seen. After a few moments (and pretending to check if he had any money), he responded. "Starstones huh? I'll keep any eye out, but I don't think any of has seen any. I haven't at least."

Sans chuckles at Rachel's response.

XbkhduJ.png

Sans stands up, and starts walking out of the room.

After a moment, he pauses, looking back at the party with a serious smile.

myuNvPR.png

iJn9P9T.png

With that, Sans walks right out of the building, leaving the party to their business.

Jun nods gently at Napstablook's direction, doing a fair bit of stretches as she stands up from her refreshing, if melancholic lie down. "Yeah, I've kinda been on edge for a while, it's nice to just...lay down and get some rest once in a while" she said as she slowly wandered over to the door, "And thanks for the tip, I'll see you around."

After saying her goodbyes to the nice ghost person, Jun heads off to try and find the aforementioned 'river person.'

"Nowhere actually, I'm here to try and find out where some people have gone," Jun casually said, as she sidled up to the boat itself, trying to make out what the river person actually looked like underneath their all concealing cloak. "Have you seen a human kid in a blue shirt wandering around these parts lately? Or a guy wearing mainly orange?."

Jun considers the river person's offer for a moment, before she eventually decides that sticking around in this place might be the wiser decision for now, "Nah I'm fine for now, but if you see anyone that fits the description, or a bunch of dudes in full armor walking by, please tell them that Jun is waiting in the waterfall or something." She then waves the person good bye, before she heads off to try and find out what the turtle is about.

Glancing about at what the turtle has to offer, (and realizing that she only has 9G to begin with) Jun settles on choosing to TALK this out first, "Junk? Do you mean literal junk or...."