[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

Proditor

As soon as Lucine spoke his name, Proditor stopped, rotating slightly to face the small mage. Additionally, despite Proditor's habit of remaining still no matter the situation, Lucine's comment about being 'hungry' caused the old alien to visibly stiffen. Here, after centuries of warfare, research, and genetic experiments, a completely new situation was being thrusted into his care, one that he had no real experience in. Aside from dealing with the logistics during war, Proditor had never had to worry about food thanks to his position. Ethereals admittedly didn't eat often despite their brain activity, and he at least knew how to sustain himself in the event where he was alone, such as when he was a rogue for a full year. But a human child, in the midsts of another civilization, without any form of currency?

That was another matter entirely.

"I... See. We do have time before the two catch up, therefor..." Proditor began, shifting his head between a path that led to a restaurant and another set of doors that, if he were to wager a guess, led to a form of fast food establishment, similar to the kinds that sold the Advent Burgers. Nasty things, those were, "... Yes, we'll have time to get something. I..." a pause, one that would've likely been filled by an 'er' if Proditor wasn't as old as he was, "... Don't suppose you're picky about what you eat in this situation?"

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Umm. . ." Lucine scratched the back of her head. The truth was, she was a very picky eater. Living in a castle surrounded by choosy mages tended to have that effect. "I guess, since I'm really hungry. . ." She would probably eat whatever what was put in front of her at this point, though it was to be seen whether she'd ever come back to this place. 

-MTT Resort

Lucine and Prodditor enter the MTT Brand Burger Emporium, a fast food joint run by what appears to be a cat smoking a joint.

They look horribly disgruntled.

"Welcome to MTT Brand Burger Emporium, home of the Glamburger.  Sparkle up your day!"

Spoiler

Starfait
(Very Popular Food): 60G

Glamburger
(Very Popular Food): 120G

Legendary  Hero: 300G

(A sandwich in the shape of a sword)

Steak in the shape of Mettaton's Face: 500G
(Don't ask)

When the pair realize they have no money, all seems lost, until a smiling, short skeleton places some money on the table.

nj7kdWa.png

Without saying anything else, he walks out of the building and disappears.

The disgruntled cat looks nervous, as if any minute, his boss would burst in and berate him.

No boss seems forthcoming, however.

Ignia shakes her head.

"I don't know what kind you're talking about, but Nobodies are dopplegangers in a quite literal sense.  When a Heart is torn from its body by corruption or magic or such, and the body is allowed to simply fade away, sometimes it turns into a Nobody instead.  They're...strange creatures, silver grey masses not really following the same laws of reality as we do.  People with powerful Hearts leave behind powerful Nobodies, ones with form and will and thought.  They're hollow confused beings that tend to lash out without guidance."
She pauses abruptly, realizing she had gotten on a rant.
"I've always thought they were....interesting."

"T-time travel?" The blood drains from Sister Rachel's face as she grabs her Incinerator flamer.  Not pointing it at anyone, just clutching at the weapon for comfort, "Did...  Did we just travel through the warp without a Gellar Field?  Oh Emperor preserve us...  Even a calm warp would...  The odds of success are poor at best..."

Arminius shrugs. "Sounds like either whoever has been taking souls in your world is bad at it. Or maybe just doesn't understand the little things about souls. See, when I do it, I only take bits that can be regenerated. It's pretty easy if you put in some effort and knowledge in, or if you're just made for it. Most of the monsters from my world fall into the latter category, I fall into both, and most wizards fall into the former. But yeah, never heard of bodies coming back without some outside force like the presence of mana."

-Snowdin Town

Flow-... Asriel looks concerned, wriggling around in Toriel's grip and looking at Ignia.  She seems to have zero intention of not carrying her children around for the remainder of the day.

fTHd8b3.png

The child shakes their head at Rachel's question.

uaveC9z.png

After a confused moment considering what exactly it is they did, they clarify, gesturing to Chara and Asriel.

Kj1bkqq.png

The child pauses.  It's only just now starting to sink in.

ZwPzmcB.png

They say with a stoic poker face that obscures whether or not the words are meant to comfort Rachel or not.

They look tired.

Toriel looks tempted to comfort Frisk, but their arms are full of kids, and they still don't understand.

The gang begins traveling to Snowdin with the assistance of the dogs.

One of the dogs, Doggo, seems to have something to say to Rachel.

"Hey, Human.  I didn't realize it at the time, but... You're really good at fighting!" he says, holding up one hand.

"That gun of yours blew my daggers right out of my hands, but there's hardly a scratch on me!  You must have really not wanted to hurt us at all!"

"You're a good human!  If you ever need anything, just give a whistle!"

"Well, don't actually whistle please.  Just ask nicely."

It's only then that it becomes clear that Doggo should be missing, at minimum, their entire hand, considering they took a shot from her gun head-on.

It seems Doggo isn't even aware of the fact that she didn't shoot them 'Out of his hands', so much as blew them into superheated shrapnel.

Doggo looks satisfied with his proclamation, as the group crosses the bridge into Snowdin.

Spoiler

There is an Inn, a Shop, a 'Libriarby', several houses, and what appears to be a diner called "Grillby's"

Other features include a Wolf that throws ice cubes into the river, Sans hanging out outside of his house, A Christmas tree, and several residents who look surprised to see the entire Canine Unit and the party arriving.

The child pauses in front of a seemingly random spot and holds their hand out, as if warming themselves by a campfire.

They frown for a moment, and Arminius can see the golden star hanging in front of them.

FAzFLbp.png

Chara smiles, and clears their throat.

aMaaxnI.png

Rachel, Arminius and Ignia are filled with a sense of Deja Vu, and they now know why.  Toriel simply looks confused, and the Dogs look like it isn't their problem.

Arminius chuckles slightly before giving the rest of the group a small wave goodbye as he headed towards Sans. He figured he might as well strike up a conversation. "Yo. That sure was something back there huh?"

Legendary Hero? That seemed appropriate. Maybe eating it would help in some weird way with all the stuff coming up. "Can I get the sword one?" She asked the question of the cat, apparently unbothered by the smoking, but glanced back at Proditor for confirmation. 

Ignia shrugs at Astriel's question.

"No not really, Nobodies explicitly shouldn't exist.  They're leftovers cast away from reality that decided they wouldn't simply fade."

She paused again, thinking to herself for a while while they walked.

"Maybe you already were one while you were a doll or flower.  Would certainly explain Arminius being able to 'complete' you."

Once they actually got to Snowdin she looked around and frowned a bit.

"Not much here is there."
Remembering what Frisk had said to Rachel a few minutes ago Ignia turned to her to ask.
"Hey you've probably been here a few times, is there anything interesting in the shop or uhh 'Libriarby'?"

Rachel sighs at Doggo's words, "Would that I didn't have to be good at fighting.  But the Emperor teaches that those who cannot fight evil... shall inevitably be destroyed by it.  I shall remember your words.

"It is... reassuring to know that we did not travel through the warp without defense.  Different world, different rules.  It seems I have yet to remind myself of this often enough."

-Snowdin

Doggo shrugs a bit at Rachel's words.

"Well I bet you're a ton better than those evil humans that stuck us all down here," Doggo offers her.

Asriel looks incredibly uncomfortable with Ignia's description.  Or maybe he's just cramping up from being carried almost a mile.

Frisk looks to Ignia.

9uRzZJj.png

As if to prove their point, the Child walks over to a bear setting Christmas presents under a tree, and strikes up a conversation.

"A while back, some awful teens tormented a monster by putting decorations on his tree-like horns, so we all gave him gifts to make him feel better," the monster says.

"Now it's a tradition to put gifts under a decorated tree!"

When Frisk wanders off, Ignia hears a teenage mouse and a devil-horned monster having a conversation.

"Everyone's always laughing and cracking jokes, trying to forget our modern crises.  Dreariness, crowding, lack of sunlight...  I'd join them, but I'm just not very funny," the mouse points out.

The devil-horned monster nods.  "The Underground has problems, but we keep smiling.  We can't do anything about it, so why be morose?"

-

Sans shrugs when Arminius's call to arms fails to attract anyone other than the Dog Squadron, who were already going into Grillby's.

j96XpM5.png

As if noticing Sans and Arminius about to walk into the place, Frisk skips up behind them and joins in.

He walks them both into the diner and greets the patrons.

dLHETle.png

"(Hi Sans!)" "What's up Sans!" Dogamy and Dogaressa ask.

"Hey Sans."  "Hiya Sansy~!" two other monsters say.

As he approaches the bar, one of the monsters sitting there fixes him with a look.

"Weren't you just here for breakfast a few minutes ago Sans?"

Z2O5f6S.png

A rimshot plays out of nowhere, and everyone laughs.

io7rKrc.png

He says to Arminius and Frisk.  When Frisk hops up on one of the stools, a loud farting noise erupts.

undertale_box_stack.png?box1=text%3Dwhoops%252C%2520watch%2520where%2520you%2520sit.%3Bbox%3Dundertale%3Bboxcolor%3Dffffff%3Bcharacter%3Dundertale-sans%3Bexpression%3Ddefault%3Bcharcolor%3Dffffff%3Bfont%3Dsans%3Basterisk%3Dffffff%3Bmode%3Dregular%26amp%3Bsmall%3Dtrue%26amp%3Bborder%3Dtrue&box2=text%3Dsometimes%2520weirdos%2520put%2520whoopie%2520cushions%2520on%2520the%2520seats.%3Bbox%3Dundertale%3Bboxcolor%3Dffffff%3Bcharacter%3Dundertale-sans%3Bexpression%3Dlooking-away%3Bcharcolor%3Dffffff%3Bfont%3Dsans%3Basterisk%3Dffffff%3Bmode%3Dregular%26amp%3Bsmall%3Dtrue%26amp%3Bborder%3Dtrue&columns=1

He looks between Frisk and Arminius.

9sZVBIu.png

There seems to be a few things on the menu, including burgers and fries.  Weirdly, the only drink on the menu is something called a "Red Hot Shot."  They don't sell it to kids.

Frisk orders a burger.

Ignia nods a takes a couple steps towards the 'Libriarby", only to stop as her stomach loudly rumbled and she saw the others heading towards a diner.

"I guess food wouldn't be bad."

She turned and followed them into the diner, taking a seat and ordering a burger.

Proditor

Proditor could care less about the disgruntled cat's appearance, or the fact that he was smoking without much hesitation. What he did care about was the skeleton that suddenly appeared next to them, slapped some money down, and proceeded to disappear shortly after. Complete with his psionic signature, something inherit in almost every living thing, vanished completely as soon as he left the building. However, once more, he was brought out of his thoughts by Lucine, "Yes, we would like one Legendary Hero" he confirmed, returning to the fairly calm and stoic voice he was known for.

-MTT Resort

Oddly, the pile of money on the counter was exactly enough, and the cat shrugs, before putting on his best cashier smile and packaging up the order.

"Thanksy!  Have a fabuful day!" he says with cheer so utterly false and so convincingly potent that, if it were an alien, it could impersonate X-Com Personnel and organize a massive conspiracy.

He looks awkwardly at the pair after handing them the sandwich, which looks more like a cross.  It's unclear how the loaf used to house the sandwich fillings was baked into a shape like that, but it seems to have happened regardless.

The sandwich is comprised of an obscene amount of vegetables, provalone, and suspiciously fake meats.

Lucine hefted the sandwich, and tried to hide the fact that she was visually dissecting it. This task grew more difficult when she began physically dissecting it, poking at the fake meat. Oddly enough, the assortment of veggies didn't seem to bother her; rather, it was the other fillings that set her "weathy Romanian girl" sensibilities off. Eventually, though, she let hunger and urgency overcome her, and started to bite at it "blade" first.

Jun stops to consider napstablook's offer for a moment, before the lack of available seating convinces her that lying on the floor is an...acceptable substitute to a proper seat. "Sure, I probably won't be able to stay much longer though, I still need to find my other friends."

-Napstablook's House

As Jun lays down, they begin to feel like garbage.

As such a small, insignificant individual, one can't help but wonder, "What could I do that others cannot?"

And yet, in such a vast, infinite cosmos, Jun is the only one in their position.  The only person right here, right now, who can do what they can do.

Spoiler

All Stats +1!

Skill obtained:

One with Garbage:  The user lays on the ground and meditates on being a piece of trash.

Level 1: Purge mental status effects.  The user is stunned next turn.

As Jun stands up, Napstablook does as well.

"Thanks, that was really nice..."

Napstablook pauses.

"Maybe the River Person can help.  They ferry monsters all over the underground..."