[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

"One down," Rachel holsters her Inferno Pistols, and surveys the remaining dog creatures.  They... seem to be under control for the moment, so she decides to not mess up what's working.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proditor

Of course. With all the souls in possession, the next logical action would simply be to break the Barrier, their one goal in order to escape this mountain. For another few moments, Proditor stayed silent, mentally backtracking the path they took to get to where they were now, before suddenly nodding to himself, "I cannot say that I can make the entire distance, but at most, I should be able to teleport myself and one other to the main floor of the laboratory. Unfortunately, any further is impossible thanks to how spacious this entire mountain is" Proditor informed, turning to look back at Alphys, "However, I would guess that a direct path to Asgore's home, at the very least, would be significantly faster than the time needed to bring myself and three others there."

Arminius pets Greater Dog one last time, giving them a scritch behind the ears as a finisher, before going over to the frantically searching Doggo with a sigh. He gives a short whistle and waves, pulling out his still sheathed copper knife. "I'll let you have my knife for the time being if you'll cool it with the attacking us."

Doge is tuckered out from their walk, and the child pets decisively!

In a flurry of motion, the child pets all of the dogs, pacifying them now that they've been neutralized.

"Something just pet me!  S-something that isn't moving!" Doggo yelps, failing to spot the child sneaking up behind them.

"Uhh, thanks for the knife!" Doggo exclaims.

"Dogs can pet other dogs?!" "(A whole new world has been opened up to us)" Dog Marriage exclaim, still thinking the entire party is just a bunch of weird puppies.

"Ahh... Humans are nice." Doge says, exhausted from walkies.

The child cracks their neck dramatically.

KS9x2TT.png

Arminius hears once again from the ghostly presence.

Dolly, meanwhile, seems to have something to say.

r1bJn7p.png

He cackles wildly at the spectacle.

50leLJN.png

He says in a soft, razor sharp tone that has Toriel glancing nervously at the animate toy.

"What name did you just say?" she asks.

Dolly looks shocked for a moment, reviewing what he just said.

His expression slips into something casual and mocking.

gtBni5m.png

They say, glancing at the child.

Toriel grits her teeth.

"No matter."  She looks at the pacified dogs.

"You must take us to the king.  It is urgent," Toriel says, stuffing down Dolly's words and ignoring them as hard as she can.

"I feel a sudden urge to, before we visit the king, blindfold that doll so it cannot witness what occurs," Rachel asserts,  "Before, I did not trust it because I thought it a daemon.  Now, I do not trust it because it is a craven, bloodthirsty thing with no conception of mercy."

Rachel cracks her neck, pulls a strip of bandages out of her pack, and unrolls it in a rapid, menacing motion.  "Hold him still, Toriel.  I believe I have found a way to administer a measure of justice to this creature without violating my oath."

"Gladly," Toriel says, gripping the doll gently, but firmly.

Flowey's face melts and distorts into more and more horrifying threat displays.

"No!  Don't you dare!  I'll kill all of you!" he shrieks in mortification.

The process does not take long.

-

undertale_box_stack.png?box1=text%3DYou%2520tell%2520the%2520nosy%2520human%252C%2520%2522Yup%252C%2520whenever%2520people%2520open%2520their%2520mouths.%2522%3Bbox%3Dundertale%3Bboxcolor%3Dffffff%3Bcharcolor%3Dffffff%3Bfont%3Ddetermination%3Basterisk%3Dffffff%3Bmode%3Dregular%26amp%3Bsmall%3Dtrue%26amp%3Bborder%3Dtrue&columns=1

Arminius hears narrated before the fact.  The voice seems fearful.

The child, however, remains silent, considering the question.

They can't help but wish they brought a second doll, if Arminius is this powerful.

VFgksus.png

Arminius shrugs. "Listen kid, I know you're not dumb. Like just then, they called me nosy. Or any time you've really looked at something while we've been down here. I won't tell the others, whatever is going on, but I'd at least like an answer. If something is wrong maybe I could... help." Arminius doesn't know how he could help, but he figured he might as well.

Dolly shrieks like a little child, writhing in Toriel's grip.

Toriel just sighs, shaking her head.

-

The ghost is frantic now, and the child thinks heavily.

Ultimately, even if they told Arminius...  Nobody would remember, if they decide to Load.

The ghost says something quietly, something meant for the child.

8crR6SA.png

The child begins to speak in low tones.

0S71FVw.png

Arminius takes a few moments to process this. He glances quickly at Toriel before nodding. "Well, I said I wouldn't go telling anyone.... It's uh, nice to be introduced Chara." Arminius says a little awkwardly. So they had a ghost traveling with them as well? Or.... Oh well, he could figure out what it was they're dealing with after they got to the king. He gives the kid...s time to speak if they had anything else to say before gesturing silently to see if they were ready to go.

Arminius rolls his eyes. "Of course, like I said, I got the hang of it now... Just need something to put them in." He looks over at Dolly before turning back. "Though... Maybe getting something more dignified this time...."

Arminius nods, looking around. Finally his eyes settle on Toriel. He gets a look that seems dangerously like he's thinking before he turns back to the child. "I have... An idea. But this may be a bit of a long shot. See, on my world ghosts have to build up enough energy, and then they can form their own body... So if we jump started that with some energy, say from a family member..."