[GAME END] Dark Ages 2(Mafia Game)

sailboat

Nano could be a town. If it was anyone else I would rule it out, but it’s Nano. He just shoots, he doesn’t really aim. Theoretically he could be any side. I’m leaning towards Vampire though. If the gravedigger could somehow make a code without claiming for communication would be great. Granted they want to help of course. Did we get any witch victims tonight? 

Post is fresh enough I can add an addendum: Bazaro is town, as Cass likely is. 

Well then. This kill definitely has a lot of implications behind it. First being why the vamps would take out such a key player so early.

10 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

Also I think his death also confirms that Baz was in fact town, since wolves couldn't kill this night and vampires can't kill their own. I suspect the vamp went after Baz so they could recruit someone who couldn't be killed by wolves on the off chance Baz was a vampire.

I agree with Bok here. Its most definitely the case.

3 hours ago, Yahen said:

It is a passive ability, pretty sure it can't be blocked (i asked something like that on the other game's discord)

So would this mean that the actual apprentice is a werewolf then? (as they can't inherit the Silver Knight ability)

11 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

I’m leaning towards Vampire though.

Any reason? I mean we established the fact that Nano being vamp means going after the supposed vamp slayer is suicide. I'm personally leaning towards town, as I see the wolves benefiting from keeping the vamp slayer but Nano being a wolf is still very likely.

14 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

So would this mean that the actual apprentice is a werewolf then? (as they can't inherit the Silver Knight ability)

I think he chose the other one. I see no reason for a werewolf to chose silver knight, considering that they wouldn't be able to inherit it.

I had something to say about this but i forgot it lol

to all i want to point out that it is very possible that vampire b died cause vampire a got to attack again...

or which vampire attacks is randomly rolled and a got lucky...

wouldnt the gravedigger give themselves away if they made a coded message? talk putting a giant target on your back.

now as for why bazaro was targeted, my best guess is that they knew it wasnt the vampire hunter so it was a safe kill and with so many people still on the fence about baz's aliment no one would protect baz

This is just and idea that popped up in my head so I'm not sure if this holds water. If the apprentice was a werewolf, is it possible that the apprentice choose the werewolf hunter to know who not to target at night and who to push a lynch on? The apprentice wouldn't have protection from the vampires but then the werewolves would have information on the hunter and know there won't be a replacement hunter since they can't become the hunter.

8 minutes ago, Astra125 said:

This is just and idea that popped up in my head so I'm not sure if this holds water. If the apprentice was a werewolf, is it possible that the apprentice choose the werewolf hunter to know who not to target at night and who to push a lynch on? The apprentice wouldn't have protection from the vampires but then the werewolves would have information on the hunter and know there won't be a replacement hunter since they can't become the hunter.

I didn't think about this

It makes sense considering the shared chat. But by what reason they didn't show up to break Baz's disguise, thus getting a free lynch on the silver knight?

Edited by Yahen

1 minute ago, Yahen said:

I didn't think about this

It makes sense considering the shared chat. But by what reason they didn't show up to break Baz's disguise, thus getting a free lynch on the silver knight?

Actually, it might make sense if Nano happy triggeted on Baz before the wolves got the chance. But it is still a really low chance thing imo.

14 minutes ago, Yahen said:

Actually, it might make sense if Nano happy triggeted on Baz before the wolves got the chance. But it is still a really low chance thing imo.

Like I said, it was an idea that popped up. I wanted to put it out there and see what you guys thought. With your reasoning though, it probably an idea that doesn't hold all that much water.

The OP describes Silver Knight as "non-werewolf exclusive" so I'm not sure a werewolf Apprentice could even elect to become Silver Knight at all. It's unclear whether the "non-werewolf exclusive" part applies only to the initial distribution of roles or to all game mechanics as well.

17 minutes ago, Alistair said:

The OP describes Silver Knight as "non-werewolf exclusive" so I'm not sure a werewolf Apprentice could even elect to become Silver Knight at all. It's unclear whether the "non-werewolf exclusive" part applies only to the initial distribution of roles or to all game mechanics as well.

Oh that actually makes sens, I think Ali figured it out.
The way Sailboat describes the apprentice is "they're not allowed to inherit this role"
Which tells me that the apprentice can't get the role even if they wanted it.
Thus the apprentice has to be a werewolf, because if the apprentice could theoretically be any faction, the only one where they would not be *allowed* to inherit Silver Knight is if they were a werewolf.

Smaht Ali

In other news, I don't think it'd be smart to go for no lynch today, cuz it's likely we're losing two people tonight. Unless they pull a Cass and go for the same person.
imo most of my scummy suspicions are currently on the people who pushed either A) hard for a no lynch, or B) Hard to lynch Baz as per the possibilities I raised earlier in the day. 
Eeny Meeny Miny- Oh Look! There's one person who kept their vote on Baz while simultaneously throwing suspicion onto anybody who voted for anyone else late last phase. 
[Eliminate] Nick
Not only did he make the people supporting Baz look suspicious, he also tried to make the people contributing to the vote even if they didn't vote Baz look suspicious too, steering the lynch off of Baz while looking like he stayed true to his words. IMO if he really wanted Baz lynched, he wouldn't say anything about that.
Granted his points were strong, and voting did mean supporting Baz's lynch, but there sure was a lot of suspicion thrown around mostly by and around him. My vote will stay there unless someone has a better idea

I think that would be it yeah. Or at least that's a solid interpretation of the events we're presented with.

And I agree that we should start lynching today. Nick though, hm... I'm not sure. He took risks. I don't think that's what scum does during the early game, so I'm probably not going to vote for him.

That said Bok's points are kinda convincing and I couldn't really counterargument with anything else other than personal impressions.

So many good targets for a pressure vote though. Let's try with one of them...

[Eliminate] Newt

(still hoping for Dive's and Jelly's inputs as well)

I don't think Nick is bad

It might be just my guts tho

About Newt... i could help pressuring him, but- well yolo

[Vote Newt]

I am not really of great help rn tbh, thus we need more info like today. If something *weird* happens at night, i might be able to explain it. 

Also, i will think about Ali's apprendice theory, maybe look back to the first day and read it to mine some info

2 minutes ago, Jelly said:

yahen hasnt really addressed or defended themself to the accusation and has skirted around topics of vampires.

i also believe there are three vampires

I'm not used to defending myself, thus i won't do that. No, i'm not even telling you to rethink.

I have to say that my main suspicions lie with the ones who pushed for a no lynch. Specifically the ones who had contributed little and retracted their vote. And of those, the one that I find the scummiest would be Seal. Specifically retracting his vote (on himself mind you, which points out his faking of interest of actually making progress) when we had just reached the minimum for a lynch. Be it a placeholder until everyone posts.

[Eliminate] Seal

28 minutes ago, Alistair said:

So many good targets for a pressure vote though. Let's try with one of them...

[Eliminate] Newt

Can't help but ask, why are we pressuring Newt? Seems like kind of a strange vote when we already have quite a few noteworthy suspects.

1 minute ago, Dragoknight said:

Can't help but ask, why are we pressuring Newt? Seems like kind of a strange vote when we already have quite a few noteworthy suspects

I guess it was random or he though about Newt being one of the first people to vote Bazaro without thinking twice. That is, if he is following the "wolf apprendice" thing. And it makes sense if you were to ask me

35 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

There's one person who kept their vote on Baz while simultaneously throwing suspicion onto anybody who voted for anyone else late last phase. 
[Eliminate] Nick
Not only did he make the people supporting Baz look suspicious, he also tried to make the people contributing to the vote even if they didn't vote Baz look suspicious too, steering the lynch off of Baz while looking like he stayed true to his words. IMO if he really wanted Baz lynched, he wouldn't say anything about that.
Granted his points were strong, and voting did mean supporting Baz's lynch, but there sure was a lot of suspicion thrown around mostly by and around him. My vote will stay there unless someone has a better idea

Let me address that.

1. Not all votes have the same value. At the same time, not all votes are final.

2. Not all votes are meant to kill someone. The bandwagons formed, as well as the justification one provides for the vote are important. In my opinion, all who vote should have proper reasoning behind their votes. I explained how a direct vote carries consequences, and thus I'm willing to accept your suspicion. I also explained how random votes, as opposed to abstains, increase the probability for a lynch. 

3. By keeping my vote on Bazaro, I am certainly NOT steering the lynch off of him.

I was not convinced by his defense, thought of him as a wolf trying to appear towny, and had no better target to lynch.

Now that I know he's Town, of course I have to review my thoughts and all that has been said so far (at least by those who contributed).

4. I did NOT throw suspicion onto "anybody who voted for anyone else". You are misrepresenting me there. Essentially what you claim is either

a) that I didn't really want a lynch, but wanted to push for Bazaro's in particular, which is in direct contrast to your accusation in Point3 (see right above), or

b) that increasing the votes without proper justification (and indirectly pushing for the lynch) is something not worth mentioning, and I'm the bad guy who pointed it out.

5. It would be disingenuous of me to remove my vote, when a no-lynch was guaranteed. 

I see, Jelly.

I too believe there are 3 vampires and probably 3 werewolves as well, that seems pretty reasonable given the number of players.

I was pressuring Newt because he has said next to nothing so far and I expect more from him. Seal also hasn't said much, but that's quite characteristic of him so that doesn't make him particularly suspicious imo.

But it's interesting that Yahen spontaneously supported this endeavor.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, sailboat said:

1/3 of the population are non humans. The distribution of non humans however is not revealed. They can choose not to attack if they so wish.

@Alistair

Are we not 21? 

In total they ought to be 7

VVV/WWWW

or

VVVV/WWW

Edit: The above looks horrific

3V - 4W

or 

4V - 3W

Much better

3 minutes ago, Alistair said:

But it's interesting that Yahen spontaneously supported this endeavor

It just makes sense. I'm on that list too, by what i read. I was the third one iirc

15 minutes ago, Yahen said:

I am not really of great help rn tbh, thus we need more info like today. If something *weird* happens at night, i might be able to explain it. 

Woah there. Are you claiming to have some sort of night action?

3 minutes ago, Yahen said:

I guess it was random or he though about Newt being one of the first people to vote Bazaro without thinking twice. That is, if he is following the "wolf apprendice" thing. And it makes sense if you were to ask me

I suppose so. Regardless, I still find it to be a strange vote.

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I was pressuring Newt because he has said next to nothing so far and I expect more from him. Seal also hasn't said much, but that's quite characteristic of him so that doesn't make him particularly suspicious imo.

But it's interesting that Yahen spontaneously supported this endeavor.

I suppose so, but at the same time Newt voting someone rather quickly is quite characteristic of him, is it not? You also provide an interesting point about Yahen?

@Yahen Thoughts?

Just now, Dragoknight said:

Woah there. Are you claiming to have some sort of night action?

Yeah, but it is not something really useful

It might even get on the way of more important roles if the rng decides to fucks me up.

2 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Newt voting someone rather quickly is quite characteristic of him, is it not?

This is my first game with Newt, so i don't know how he votes