[GAME END] Dark Ages 2(Mafia Game)

sailboat

5 hours ago, NickCrash said:

There is a difference.

The game requires an absolute minimum of votes for a lynch to happen.

By voting you directly, I am "signing" with my vote, so to speak. I am increasing the total vote count, and I target my vote.

If I were to vote for myself, or randomly, I would be enabling the lynch, as no difference is made for the highest voted person. The total vote count increases, but I appear not to blame.

In other words, it's an indirect vote towards the highest voted, here You.

That's what I want to make clear to everyone, especially the 2 that voted for themselves. 

I'm very confused how voting me is an "indirect" vote to me. You tell others not to vote for themselves because it will push a lynch (on me) because you trust me?? Yet you vote for me so your allegiance is feeling really confusing to me. I can't tell if you're trying to get me killed or not.

26 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

Yet you vote for me so your allegiance is feeling really confusing to me. I can't tell if you're trying to get me killed or not.

Don't be mean to nick, Baz! He's trying to save you. Well i guess so. 

28 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

I'm very confused how voting me is an "indirect" vote to me.

You probly got it wrong, pretty sure he means people voting themselves push the vote counter up, thus making a lynch possible in this day, which indirectly kills you.

I did my best explaining i guess. 

29 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

You tell others not to vote for themselves because it will push a lynch (on me) because you trust me?

considering the blue sentence, this actually makes sense

53 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

I'm very confused how voting me is an "indirect" vote to me. You tell others not to vote for themselves because it will push a lynch (on me) because you trust me?? Yet you vote for me so your allegiance is feeling really confusing to me.

Perhaps I worded it poorly. Let me rephraze what I said: 

I was quick to explain that a "self-vote" or a "random unsubstantiated vote" is an indirect vote against the already highest-voted person, because all it does is increase the total, meet the minimum, and facilitate a lynch.

A direct vote (like mine) carries the burden of the results. If I mess up, I am responsible.

An indirect vote claims innocence, and no such burden. Yet, it provides the same results.

53 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

I can't tell if you're trying to get me killed or not.

I still believe that a lynch is the town's biggest weapon.

There are still cases in which your bluff could be used by an evil faction to gain credibility.

And the way you responded right after Nano revealed he was an idiot the assassin, seemed rushed. 

You used circumstantial data to convince people of your town-alignment, following an obvious bluff. 

It was needless, and to me, it looked like a rushed attempt to salvage a failed effort to appear towny, by covering it with a 2nd one.

You excluded many possibilities and kept the one that fits the best, which is a common modicum for evil roles.

For these reasons, I put a vote on you, and am keeping it still.

If you feel "used" because I'm pressuring other people (and subsequently suspecting them) based on your situation, I apologise. 

Right now, the vote tally is at 9 votes in total. So you won't die anyway.

In a lighter tone...

23 minutes ago, Yahen said:

Don't be mean to nick, Baz!

B-Baka!

To be frank, if anyone's being mean here, that's probably me. 

• Haha 1

Nah, I gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I understood. I was more waiting and watching to see if someone was going to counterclaim or something. And then I just got excited when it actually worked out best case scenario. Can you blame me lol

And don't worry about "being mean" we're here to kill scum, not make friends 😤

[Night 1]

Dusk arrives...

From the early dawn, the townspeople kept on looking for clues, bringing up and discussing what they found. But because their findings yielded nothing too decisive, their discussion ends up unconclusive.

Sun is setting itself low across the mountains to the west -- it's going to get dark really soon, and thus, the vigilantes decide to stay locked inside their shelters while keeping watch tonight.

One has to wonder, is this really the best way to solve this mess? The Paladin has yet to show up, the Werewolves are grinning to themselves knowing that nobody can stand up to their might, and the Vampires are slowly making their uprising. Their fate may be decided as soon as it is nighttime.

● There weren't enough votes to lynch somebody. Nobody was lynched as a result.

● Vampire A will attack tonight.

You have 24 hours to send dem NAs.

Current Players:

1. Cicada
  2. Jelly
  3. DigitalAmber
  4. Jason Grace
  5. Bazaro
  6. Quillish
  7. Alaris
  8. Alistair
  9. Newt
  10. Nano4 the Assassin [Failed Assasination Attempt D1]
  11. NickCrash
  12. LykosHand
  13. Yahen
  14. Seal
  15. CrimsonDragon21
  16. Astra125
  17. andracass the survivalist [killed by Vampire N0]
  18. Walpurgis
  19. Bok Choi
  20. Dragoknight
  21. Jace Stormkirk

[Day 2]

Early morning had arrived and the towns people, while wary about yesterday's event, still tried to go on with their everyday lives. However, this would only be cut short when the local farm helper had hurriedly run in the town square while screaming "MURDER! THERE WAS A MURDER AT THE FARM!!" Local authorities were alerted and they had went to the farm to see what this was all about.

Once they got there, they did not need to look far to see what had happened. The biggest apple tree was grotesquely decorated by human parts. Viscera dangling on its branches, as if it was a mocking design for a Christmas tree and prop on top was Bazaro's head. While this looks really gross, one of the investigators took note that this maybe similar to yesterday's case as there are no signs of blood to be seen anywhere and the person's body was desecrated badly. However, there are no signs that the two people are related to each other so what does this mean?

They had found Bazaro's last will stating that his apprentice should obtain all his belongings as the Silver Knight when he is gone. However this apprentice is nowhere to be found. [The Apprentice is not Allowed to inherit this Role]

While there seems to be a rampant murderer running around... the town is still hopeful that they can resolve this problem.

Bazaro is dead he was the Silver Knight.

You guys have 48 hours to discuss if you guys wanna lynch or no. @Hypurr I leave you in charge of this brats.

Current Players:

1. Cicada
  2. Jelly
  3. DigitalAmber
  4. Jason Grace
  5. Bazaro the silver knight [Killed by Vampire N1]
  6. Quillish
  7. Alaris
  8. Alistair
  9. Newt
  10. NickCrash
  11. LykosHand
  12. Yahen
  13. Seal
  14. CrimsonDragon21
  15. Astra125
  16. Walpurgis
  17. Bok Choi
  18. Dragoknight
  19. Jace Stormkirk

So I guess the doctor (if there is one) didn't believe Baz, which I guess is fair from the divide yesterday. At least now we have our answer. 

There are two big situations possible here Imo

1. The werewolves pushed the Lynch on Baz, but we're foiled when we worked towards a non-lynch

2. The werewolves pushed a Lynch on Baz, but then realized they were pushing too hard and would be screwed if he really was lynched, so they switched to advocating a non-lynch (or a Lynch on others) in the hopes they could kill him some other way.

Also I think his death also confirms that Baz was in fact town, since wolves couldn't kill this night and vampires can't kill their own. I suspect the vamp went after Baz so they could recruit someone who couldn't be killed by wolves on the off chance Baz was a vampire.

Anyways, what do y'all think?

wew Baz was apparently inno what a surprise

@Jason Grace sorry for the ping but I miss your analytic prowess

I have townreads on Bok, Kiet, Nick and Yahen so far. Maybe Drago too. Most of the others seem to just be going with the flow without contributing much.

Also hi Bean how u

• Global Mods

The phase post makes me think the Apprentice chose the Vampire Slayer. Of which case, they’re probably one of the people who saw through Baz’ claim since they’d know who the Vampire Slayer is. (But the quote, “The Apprentice is not allowed to inherit this role” worries me. Either they got roleblocked, there’s some legitimate reason why they couldn’t inherit Silver Knight, or they really did choose Vampire Slayer...)

One thing I’m curious about is whether the Apprentice and the Vampire Slayer are of the same faction or not.

Thoughts?

On 3/10/2019 at 10:43 PM, sailboat said:

12. Apprentice:
-At the start of the game, choose between Vampire Slayer or Silver Knight. You will know who they are. When they die, you'll inherit their role.

7 hours ago, sailboat said:

They had found Bazaro's last will stating that his apprentice should obtain all his belongings as the Silver Knight when he is gone. However this apprentice is nowhere to be found. [The Apprentice is not Allowed to inherit this Role]

Just closing this together cause i have attention deficit

There's Nothing that indicates a roleblocking effect would impact the Apprentice's ability to inherit another role, especially since the Apprentice's power translates into a choice they make at the beginning of the game, rather than a night action. Because of this, I believe the Apprentice really did choose to inherit Vampire Slayer instead of Silver Knight.

Since Vampire Slayer is a pointless (harmful, even) role for a vampire, I think it's safe to assume the Apprentice isn't a vampire.

That leaves us with two options.

• The Apprentice is a werewolf, and picked the only option that made sense for them.
  • The Apprentice is town, and chose to fight vampires. That's a logical choice and the one I would make since vampires can kill someone every night, as opposed to werewolves who come out of the woods every other night.

Both options are equally possible. In a sense, whether the Vampire Slayer is town or wolf matters little to us as townies, since they'll be equally capable of slaying vampires in both cases.

On an unrelated note, PSA: if an exposed vampire or an exposed werewolf offers to compromise with the town in order to take down the other mafia faction, don't trust them. Allowing werewolves to live because we perceived them to be a lesser threat cost us the game during the previous DAM. 

3 minutes ago, Yahen said:

However this apprentice is nowhere to be found

What does this mean? Its just text thing? 

3 minutes ago, Alistair said:

On an unrelated note, PSA: if an exposed vampire or an exposed werewolf offers to compromise with the town in order to take down the other mafia faction, don't trust them. Allowing werewolves to live because we perceived them to be a lesser threat cost us the game during the previous DAM. 

Is it to cheat if i read the previous game? If not, can you link it to me, please?

Edited by Yahen

No certainty here but I'm inclined to believe the Apprentice being nowhere to be found is just flavor text. That doesn't necessarily mean the Apprentice is absent from the game. @sailboat confirmation pls?

And sure, several of us have played that old game and the thread is still accessible to all, so I don't see why reading it would be considered cheating. Have fun!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

2. The werewolves pushed a Lynch on Baz, but then realized they were pushing too hard and would be screwed if he really was lynched, so they switched to advocating a non-lynch (or a Lynch on others) in the hopes they could kill him some other way.

This one looks more realistic. 

We should check the people who voted Baz after he explained himself and claimed Silver Knight (Werewolf hunter!)

1 hour ago, cicada said:

The phase post makes me think the Apprentice chose the Vampire Slayer. Of which case, they’re probably one of the people who saw through Baz’ claim since they’d know who the Vampire Slayer is. (But the quote, “The Apprentice is not allowed to inherit this role” worries me. Either they got roleblocked, there’s some legitimate reason why they couldn’t inherit Silver Knight, or they really did choose Vampire Slayer...)

One thing I’m curious about is whether the Apprentice and the Vampire Slayer are of the same faction or not.

Thoughts?

It is a passive ability, pretty sure it can't be blocked (i asked something like that on the other game's discord)

3 minutes ago, Alistair said:

No certainty here but I'm inclined to believe the Apprentice being nowhere to be found is just flavor text. That doesn't necessarily mean the Apprentice is absent from the game. @sailboat confirmation pls?

And sure, several of us have played that old game and the thread is still accessible to all, so I don't see why reading it would be considered cheating. Have fun!

Ill wait the confirmation too

And thanks, while i wait, i'll start reading the game!

55 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Its just flavor text. However, the question whether there's apprentice or not... I cant answer that. What matters is what's inside the square brackets.

So Baz wasn't lying after all.

I still don't understand why the vamps would kill a role that has no detrimental effect on them. I mean, I guess it's because town will be decimated more quickly if the two factions are alive, but still, the death of a couple of werewolves wouldn't affect that... I feel it has been too early in the game.

...oooor the vamps really thought Baz was another vampire. But that was certainly rather unlikely because Baz claimed Vampire Hunter first, so he definitely didn't want to be visited by vampires.

There will be two kills next night, so I wouldn't skip the lynch today.

I don't have any lead though.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:43 PM, sailboat said:

18. Witch:
-You can target two people at night, force them to target each other if applicable. They will know they got controlled.

23 minutes ago, Alaris said:

So Baz wasn't lying after all.

I still don't understand why the vamps would kill a role that has no detrimental effect on them. I mean, I guess it's because town will be decimated more quickly if the two factions are alive, but still, the death of a couple of werewolves wouldn't affect that... I feel it has been too early in the game.

...oooor the vamps really thought Baz was another vampire. But that was certainly rather unlikely because Baz claimed Vampire Hunter first, so he definitely didn't want to be visited by vampires.

There will be two kills next night, so I wouldn't skip the lynch today.

I don't have any lead though.

Maybe the Witch affected them. We have a witch in the game iirc, Bok claimed to get witched last day or something like that

If thats the case, the witch could reveal itself if town, since it would give us a guaranteed monster lynch, and we have the protection roles alive iirc

Oh forget it, the protection roles (is it cleric or priest?) can, too, be monsters. Better not to go this way then, keep hidden.

Hard thing to go on, we need to lynch someone today, else the game might sort of snowball against us. Anyone has another starting point?

Edited by Yahen

Alright Bazaro was saying the truth. And somehow i think that one vampire wasn't so convinced about Bazaro's trap. I'm not sure ofc but in my opinion last night attacked Bazaro because they wanted to see if Bazaro was telling the truth, if i can say it. But like Alaris said, it's pretty strange. 

Anyway i suspect some people to be vampires/werewolves but i'm still not sure, i hope that someone has some information for us. I guess that i will read every post again later and try to find something useful. 

The kill on Bazaro looks like a frame.

There is absolutely no reason to eliminate him, unless the vamp wanted to shift suspicion onto the ones who voted (or actively pushed) against him.

In other news, I got merchant'd

I suppose they thought I wouldn't be targeted, or that I would be protected, so they wanted to steal that from moi.

The good news is that we know all 3 dead people's roles. We know 2/3's alignment as well.

If the Gravedigger saw Nano's faction, they could inform us if he were a wolf or a vampikaze.

5 hours ago, Alistair said:

wew Baz was apparently inno what a surprise

@Jason Grace sorry for the ping but I miss your analytic prowess

I have townreads on Bok, Kiet, Nick and Yahen so far. Maybe Drago too. Most of the others seem to just be going with the flow without contributing much.

Also hi Bean how u

i would definitely read yahen as vampire