[IC] Super Trespassers Prevengance: A Biohazard has been detected!

kj1225

"I'll have you know, Miss Jeanne, I never forget a name! I've seen your work." One small piece, which he hadn't actually read of course, but he had seen it.

"Now, one of you all, one of you fine military--maybe ex-military, hopefully not too hard a breakup--folks, would you be so kind as to advise me? I'd like a gun. Letting zombies get so close seems, unwise." It was not as though he was thinking that if they were far away he didn't have to see the rotting flesh so much. No, of course not. "And perhaps, if one of you all needs the help, and is too far away, I could shoot them off you! I happen to be a natural sprinter, but at some point the distance may be too great to traverse!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I wouldn't recommend shooting anything off of people unless you're a really good shot, because the bullet might penetrate the zombie and go straight into the guy he's grappling even if you didn't miss, but I'd recommend a pistol or a hunting rifle for you, something easy to handle that doesn't have too much of a kick, and isn't fully automatic, we won't need need to lay down suppressing fire on the infected I think," As Edward said this, he searched around the room for something that fit his description, preferably some sort of low caliber semi automatic rifle or regular pistol for general ease of use, before he'd demonstrate the proper way to hold, fire, and load it to Poncio and gingerly handed it over along with any additional magazines or rounds they had.
"Also remember to keep your finger off the trigger whenever you're not using your gun, and to never point the barrel at anyone you wouldn't shoot, friendly fire isn't, and I'd like to get everyone back in one piece, but I can't do that if someone accidentally shoots their own foot alright?."

• 2 weeks later...

"Fantastic, fantastic, this will be perfect!" Poncio exclaimed, excitedly taking the rifle. There were a few moments of recklessness, but the rifle not being loaded prevented any unfortunate incidents, and as soon as Poncio was informed of the few safety considerations, he took them to heart, and was quite careful to not break them. "I like this, it feels rather nice in my hands. Not as nice as the sword, I must say, but all the same, very nice! And don't worry Ed boy, if I shoot myself in the foot, it certainly won't be accidental. For every one of my actions, I like to think there is a splendid reason."

"So. Now what?"

"Well, we load up, then we get the job done. Look down the places we haven't been, cap any zombies we see, and roll out before someone manages to kill themselves." Spook looked for the biggest weapon he could find, being accustomed to that sort of thing, as well as grabbing a sidearm and a knife.

John inspected his new shotgun as he pulled it out of the cache. The barrel wasn't especially long, but the stock was the kind that folded to the side for compact carrying, and it had a sling. He racked it once and confirmed it was empty, then took as many shells as he could carry. Once he'd ascertained the safety was on, he loaded a few rounds into it and put it over his back. His make-shift spear would still suffice for close range. Beyond that, he checked the cache a little further and came up with a small revolver - a .38 if he had to guess, with a six round drum. There were bullets for it as well, so he checked the safety, loaded it, and put some reloads into his pockets. He wasn't exactly proficient with revolvers, so reloading in a fight would be out of the question, but at least he could load it between encounters. It ended up tucked into his pocket.

"All right. I'm ready to go."

With things having quieted down a bit again somewhat, even if they had picked up a zombie that seemed like it wasn't going to kill them (but still, zombie, what the hell), Austin took his turn going through the weapons, and came away with a very small semi-automatic pistol.

Spoiler

Hit Points: 4

Stats: 

Power: 2

[Thief Lights] Sparkles appear where the user has an opportunity to use their skills in a useful way.

Tricks: 0

[Semi Auto Pistol] Holds 8 bullets and can be used to shoot people.

Strength: 2

[Quiet Movement] The user is able to move silently unless they do something violently loud.

[Nimble Fingers] The user's hands are perfectly suited to careful and quick movements, and the usage of delicate tools.

Heart: 0

Edited by Blade Master Model 42

Airi's loadout was fairly easy to decide on - she grabbed onto as many clips of ammo for her gun as there were and she could carry, as well as several more grenades of various types. It felt very weird to just, know what she was doing as she checked and rechecked the gun, ammo, and grenades, but she wasn't about to complain about it. 

"Just try to keep your finger on the trigger if you don't need to use it, it's not just your foot you should be worrying about shooting," he then went off to pick out his own armaments, preferring to pick out the most reliable looking service pistol out of the cache, fishing out a capable of magazines for it as well, also taking a HF Knife he hoped that he never had to use, and a nice short barreled shotgun just in case things turned dicey.

As everyone grabs their weapons of choice from the cache, a female voice that is best described as "Artificially Generic" sounds from somewhere in the middle of the cache. "Inter-dimensional retrieval process initiated. You have one minute to leave the room before Void Jump personnel appear. If you are still in the room at such time, termination is certain." With the warning delivered, a helpful screen appears on one of the boxes, counting down from 60.

"Well, that's awfully nice of them, isn't it? Come on, tubby, wouldn't want angry void people to cook your bacon." She gestured vaguely at Austin while toting a gun that looked out of place with the gem's small frame, opening the door with a satirical bow and flourish. "Unless we want to see if the mighty Poncio can vanquish his foes or whatever, that might be entertaining for a couple seconds."

"Yeah time to get out of here." Helena said to mostly to herself after the countdown started "Okay boys, girls and what whatever you are now please keep you arms and legs out of the room with the death squad coming to kill use all if you wish to keep them." She said sounding really amused with herself as she held the door open for everyone to get out the room.

"I'm not tubby, I'm big boned." Austin whined as he waddled away from the cache and out the door.

Spoiler

Hit Points: 4

Stats: 

Power: 2

[Thief Lights] Sparkles appear where the user has an opportunity to use their skills in a useful way.

Tricks: 0

[Semi Auto Pistol] Holds 8 bullets and can be used to shoot people.

Strength: 2

[Quiet Movement] The user is able to move silently unless they do something violently loud.

[Nimble Fingers] The user's hands are perfectly suited to careful and quick movements, and the usage of delicate tools.

Heart: 0

• 2 weeks later...

"Man, what, death squads?" Jeanne whined at the announcement, and then began to walk off with the others (not bothering to get a gun). "Man, fuck these guys, honestly. Total assholes. Why are they sending in death squads if we're in here? And, like, in the armory, too. Fucking PMCs, dude. Can't trust 'em, you know. They're totally all hiding super fucked up secret experiments." Jeanne fell silent for a moment. "Like this one!!! This totally IS a fucked up secret experiment they're hiding, isn't it! Man. Big scoop except that I'm actually a zombie now okay fuck don't think about it that hard ANYWAY UM what's next? Some... some sort of... I dunno... um, fuck, nevermind."

Leaving the room with the weapons cache, the group would find that the adjacent room is of course unchanged. Seeing as this is now a dead end, there would be only two options for where to go next, both leading from the room with the corpse. They could either go straight through on the path to the armory, or they could go back up through the hallway they initially came from to go directly to the labs and hopefully their goal.

After making sure that the coast was relatively clear for now, and that having a conversation won't lead to a sudden zombie attack, Edward would clear his throat a little, and quietly suggest that, "I think we should head to the armory first, see if there's anything we can still use up there. Not like we were the first to think about getting those samples anyway, chances are whatever zombies are left? Might have gone out to the village or milled around the hallway leading to the labs after they ate the first people who tried."

Poncio had followed the main group, muttering quietly to himself about the crack made at his expense. Unsurprisingly though, he quickly seemed to forget it once they were faced with another choice of direction.

"I'm sure we could take the zombies, I mean, we already have! But if you believe the armory to be the most wise decision, well! I definitely won't fight on possibly getting more toys!"

"More guns never killed anyone. Well, they did, that's sorta the point, but you get what I'm going for. Lower odds of us being the dead ones." Spook shrugged, and started to head in the direction. "They can bitch about how long we took all they want, if they're not gonna equip us right for the job then they can deal with waiting seven to fourteen business days for delivery."

"Yeah I guess that sounds like a good idea. I'd rather got the medical area since that will most likely have what we need, but if you all want to go to the armory area i'll go along with ya." Helena said with a sigh as she moved towards the door to the armory "Besides I rather not end up exploring this place on my own anyway." She said with a smile