[IC] Super Trespassers Prevengance: A Biohazard has been detected!

kj1225

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin rolled over on the floor so he was facing the ceiling, and pointed an accusing finger at Sokolov. "That's easy for you to say! I don't know how to use a gun, I haven't touched one in my life outside of VR, and I haven't used one of those programs since High School!" Austin covered his face with his hands. The fox girl was right. Whether he could handle it or he couldn't, he was stuck in it. "...They fucked up my eyes. I don't know why but they're different now." The complaint wasn't really directed at anyone, except maybe God, or whoever the voice on the intercom was. Austin hadn't been paying it any attention.

"Always read the whole contract before you sign, kid," Danielle snorts, "I only made that mistake once.  Got off light, all they took was a kidney.  So, illegal bioweapons that turn people into mindless killers.  Lovely.  Well, the longer we stay here, the better the odds that they'll track us down and swarm us.  Let's get moving."

"Son, like the others said, you've got one ticket out of here and it involves going through that door and up on the roof, now I don't know what the rest of the world is like, but this is all starting to sound like the setup for a zombie movie for me, and let me tell you, it never ends well for the people who choose to cry themselves under a bed as loudly as you are being right now, so unless you want to be left alone inside of a facility full of infectious monsters forever, I suggest that you get up, take a few deep breaths, and try to not get yourself or anyone else killed," as Edward says this he takes a couple of steps towards the crying man, and he reaches out a hand as an unspoken offer to help them up to their feet before he says, "And maybe once this all blows over we can all give your friend Dylan a stern talking to, so what do you say son?,"

Spook placed a hand to her head, sighing deeply. "Let me get this straight. You did experimental procedures on all of us, in an unsecured facility - don't bullshit me, this shit doesn't happen in somewhere that's secured - then left us here, without immediate and ready access to hardware. The mission is to take a bunch of people freshly off the operating table with said lack of hardware, many of which are untrained civilians, and secure the source of the current warcrime going on. I'm sure it's to "synthesize a cure." I'd be worried about getting infected but I'm pretty sure I don't have enough fleshy bits left to catch a cold." Not quite true; in fact contamination of his nutrient solution and subsequent direct organ infections had been a fairly big concern of living as a skull and lung. Still. "Yeah, it's supposedly only through injection, I know. Because bioweapons are well-known for their predictability and never leaving established parameters, right? Gimme a break." He avoided sighing again. Now he was going to have to figure out how to get everyone here out without someone getting ripped apart and eaten. "I'm at least gonna need a rundown of how this whole 'geo-organic prosthesis' works." She crossed her arms, pouting. "And why I'm four feet tall and dickless."

Austin whimpered, but allowed Edward to pull him to his feet, where he sulked. "Alright, but I don't know what you really expect from me." He looked over at the rest of the group, but stopped mid-sweep of the room. "...Is that door sparkling? Why is that door sparkling?"

Edited by Blade Master Model 42

"Well obviously it had something to do with my eyes, look at em." Austin used one hand to indicate his eyes. They certainly weren't human- not enough whites showing, and oddly reflective at certain angles. "You ever see eyes like that on a person? Because I haven't."

Edward moved back to give the other man some personal space before he said, "Neither have I, do you remember what they called the procedure? Or anything else about it? That might give us some information about what they did to you, but then again, we might be better off with just...," he then quickly turned around to address the intercom and thus Commander Slate with, "Commander Slater, may I ask you to explain what exactly has been done to this young man and his eyes Sir?"

There's a sigh over the intercom as Poncio punches the door and realizes that while he isn't any stronger right now, he's strong enough to hurt himself. After a brief pause Commander Slate speaks.

"Poncio, love the enthusiasm but quick detail you need apparently. You need to transform first. You ever seen one of those magic girl shows? ... stupid question. Basically, Strike a pose and just kind of let the legend flow through you. That should jump start it."

"And Spook, I'm surprised at you. We're dishonest but we're not liars here. We may not have done your procedures at the base you entered, but we did have a full team of experts in their fields working on you all with thoroughly tested methods. Anything else presents a huge risk to our already low profit margins. As for what we'll be doing with the virus... it presents great potential for mutagenic enhancements to the human body when used properly, so of course we'll be seeing what we can whip up and then selling off what we don't need. As for your enhancements that body is much more efficient that your old one in terms of power requirements and such. But more importantly as it's simply a hardlight projection you can change it as you need, we wouldn't want you to be unable to solve your phallic obsession after all."

One can almost hear the smirk in the commander's voice.

"Oh, and finally that particular model is able to control metal. Ferrokinesis I believe it'd called."

One can almost feel the sigh as the commander is forced to address the next person on his list.

"It's Slate, not Slater. Seriously, people from these worlds and their bizarre names... Unfortunately Austin, you are a vital member of the team despite your... "stretching of the truth" on your form. You essentially have an ocular enhancement that enables you to see objects that you can interact with, like unlocked doors, doors you can pick, and most importantly, the location of the hidden weapon stash. Also we have it on authority that whoever designed this facility liked making puzzles as security systems so you should help with that as well."

"Hey man, this whole deal was so I could get my fleshy parts back. It's not an obsession, I just wasn't expecting to wake up as a little girl." At least he wasn't pink. Her sour expression went sourer still as Slate mentioned what their plans were, but brightened somewhat as he heard the last bit. "See, if you would have lead with that, I would have been a lot less bitchy about this deal. That, I can work with." He decided to just drop the question of the virus for now. Damn mercs. Sure, he was a merc too, but he did his best not to do blatantly evil shit, like selling off a dangerous mutagen to the highest bidder.

"Sonuvabitch!" Poncio leapt back from the door, cradling his hand, knuckles bleeding slightly. He shook his hand violently as if to get rid of the pain, and then turned towards the speaker, attempting to put on a gallant face.

"P-posing. . . y-yes, I can do that. I can definitely do that! I, in fact, EXCEL at posing! This shall be but a breeze." And with that, Poncio, from his retreated position sprang forward once more, leadping to land in front of the door. He let himself descend to one knee, one fist clenched at his side, the fingers of his other hand splayed out before his eyes as he once more attempted to bring down this accursed barrier.

Edward slowly turned to scan the room for anything that could serve as a weapon in a pinch before he said, "Alright son, you heard the man! You're the VIP for this mission, if you haven't heard that in one of your VR games before this means that you are a Very Important Person, someone who's survival is integral to the mission's success, so what I am going to need you to do is to take a couple more deep breaths, and try and stay as calm and as close to the rest of us as possible alright? Just stay calm, and never let us out of your sight."

Silently, John buried his face in his hands and slowly ran them up his forehead until his fingers were tangled in his curly hair. Great. I'd be a little more confident in our chances if more people were like the fox girl or the soldier. Instead we have a bunch of weirdos, freaks, crybabies, and who knows what else. Right. I can't really rely on anyone but myself here, just like before.

After a moment, he lowered his hands back to his sides and walked over to one of the beds. He crouched by it and grabbed one of the legs, then pulled. The muscles in his arms stood out for a moment as they stretched and flexed, and then with the protesting shriek of metal he ripped the leg from the frame. "There, got a weapon. Here ya go." He slid it across the ground at Austin, then ripped another leg from the bed for himself. "At least we're not going out there with nothing. Anyone else want one?"

Sokolov, meanwhile, rips down plastic curtains and sheets.

He wraps two of them around his arms, torso, and almost all of his head.

"лошадь, wear one of these.  You are at greatest risk of contamination.  Everyone else, use at your own discretion."  He says to Danielle, as he tosses one over to them, and piles the rest onto a bed.

Antione watched as the various people in the room went about testing their new powers or...having mental breakdowns.

"Wow, we really are a bag of mix beans ain't we?"

He rotated his legs off his bed and slowly stood, he still didn't feel great, but he had to admit that didn't feel as shitty as he was expecting.

"Commander Slate, do we happen to know what wing of the facility our objective is in Sir?"

Without really waiting for a response Antione stood, stretched, and made a bit of a sick face.  Then he started making his way towards the door the crazy guy was trying to punch open.  Assuming he could he'd just walk up and turn the door-nob, more or less ignoring Poncio.

Spook raised an eyebrow at the display. "Well, that's not bad. I wanna give this a shot myself, though." He focused for a moment. That's what this kind of magical nonsense was supposed to be about, right? Reach out and grab it with your head, or whatever. Not exactly his modus operandi; trying to will a machine to work usually just resulted in a headache and your boss yelling at you. He strained, focused, pulled. . . and it wobbled a bit. That was. . . Well, it had worked, so he didn't have much room to complain. Maybe he could work it back and forth, fatigue it, maybe even try to do some microscale nonsense to heat it. 

She slapped herself in the forehead when she realized her mistake. "Duh." Another look of concentration, and a quiet sound of metal scraping later, one of the legs of the bed came free, intact, the bolts holding it in place dropping to the floor before Spook walked over and picked it up. "Neat."

John watched Spook for a second, raising an eyebrow when she apparently ripped some metal apart with just looking at it. "Hey, I got an idea. If you got telekinesis or whatever that's called, why not take some of the bed bolts with you? If you can fire them like a gun, that'll help us out until we get our hands on actual hardware - y'know, keep the bastards away from us or whatever."

She nodded. "Was just thinking the same thing. Bolts, nails, any kind of fastener, really. Dunno how fast I can get them but at minimum they'll make decent caltrops." He set about disassembling more beds while the rest of the group variously tore apart the rest of the waiting room, gathering a collection of the aforementioned items. "If this is a medical facility, I could probably get needles to stick people with too. Granted, if these are anything like the zombies in horror movies, needles probably won't slow 'em down much but hey."

"Damage is damage," John agreed. He set about looking for things he could break into smaller pieces for Spook to use, such as extra bed legs or breaking the frames into smaller pieces. As crazy as this situation was, and as dangerous as it was, he was enjoying just being able to move again, to feel strong again. He hadn't felt this good physically since he was in high school - and that had been, what, fifteen years ago? Class of '07, yeah.

"All right, let's talk about what we got. Fox girl there's got a gun and presumably it's loaded. We've got enough bed legs for everyone to at least be armed. I don't know about the rest of y'all but I'm feeling pretty damn strong and I think I might be moving faster than I was before Becker's kicked my ass into a bed. Eyeguy can see things we need apparently. Spook here's got crazy mind shit. The old dude is military. What other assets do we have before we step on out there?"

Edward mimed putting a gun to the base of his head before he said, "You just have to aim for the head, I'm not sure what the limitations on your powers are, but you might be able to stick a needle through their brainstem and start wiggling it around violently or something. That and worst case scenario, this place was being maintained by a PMC right? Some of the survivors might not take too kindly to us attempting to take some of their samples, of course I hope that no one in their right minds would be dumb enough to still care about that, but you never know really."

He then picked up one of the bed's legs and tried his best to tear into the bedding to create some protective wrappings for his arms as he said, "And as for resources, early riser over there's got some gene therapy to deal with his cancers so I ain't expecting much from him right now, we've got a pink Pony that someone might be able to ride on, pharmacy tech over there sounds like the closest thing we have to a medic, dog arm aside, I have no idea what the laughing woman over there actually got but she seems satisfied with what she got, the actor's apparently a power ranger now, Sokolov's a cyborg with a different kind of crazy mind power, and I have no idea what anyone else has gotten but they seem ambulatory, so unless someone has been hiding an M16 underneath their blankets this whole time I think we're about as ready as we can be without that cache of weapons, which I think we will need if we bump into a particularly large group of infected since none of you have any training on how to use your new powers."