[IC] Super Trespassers Prevengance: A Biohazard has been detected!

kj1225

Edward did what anyone else would do at the time, and he gave the Zombie another good whack to make sure that it was well and truly crushed before he cautiously set off towards the supposed second zombie and supply cache, "Damn things are harder to kill than I thought they would be, hold on Poncio! We're coming!," he also made sure to nudge Austin along if the man was too close to an uncleared area, no sense in rushing towards the enemy if a civilian's in danger of becoming zombie chow after all.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A strange, but not unwelcome feeling comes over Danielle, like pressure has just been released from inside her.  She takes a deep breath, and the words come easily, even as source-less music fills the room.

Spoiler

Poncio feels something similar.  He's not forced to join in, but the words come easily to him, like it's a script he'd memorized long ago.

"It's gonna get a little weird!

"Gonna get a little creepy!

"I ain't from 'round here.

"I'm from Raccoon City!"

Danielle ducks under the clumsy zombie and rolls to a stop next to the supply cache, horn glowing with magic.

"It's gonna get a little gory!

"Gonna grab my SHOTGUN!"  From the supply cache, exactly that comes, a simple, sleek, black design with a textured pump.

"I ain't from 'round here.

"I'm from Raccoon WOOHOO!"  She levels the shotgun at the zombie and pumps it with a satisfying clack of ammunition entering the chamber.

Spoiler

Spontaneous Shotgun Generation Via Musical Number is running off of Danielle's Harmony stat.

Hit Points: 4

Stats: 

Power: 1

[Magic]

Tricks: 0

Strength: 1

[Equine Physique]

Heart: 2

[Harmony]

The zombie stumbles forwards a few steps before stopping and starting to pat itself down for some reason, looking somewhat bewildered for a zombie.

Meanwhile, Poncio threatens it, which doesn't appear to do much to the zombie for some reason.

Finally Danielle uses the power of music to search for a shotgun. (13+50%) And in a stroke of what may be coincidence or may be something more, finds one before cocking it menacingly.

Finally, John, Spook, Helena, and Edward arrive.

Initiative

Spoiler

John

Zombie

Spook

Poncio

Edward

Helena

Danielle

Poncio, standing as he was nervously ahead of the zombie, felt a wave of calm rush over him, so swiftly followed by the urge to sing energetically, that he could barely tell the calm had been present. He submitted to that urge, singing along in a rather good tenor. . . ."It's gonna get a little strange!. . ."

Soon, quite soon in fact, the urge to sing wore off, and Poncio was left just as confused and bewildered as the zombie. ". . . Huh? What just happened?" He halfheartedly raised his sword to point between himself and the soon to be shot zombie again, but did nothing. Not to say he'd have done something useful if he hadn't been distracted, but he'd have been more likely to try.

John entered the room and took stock. "It's a zombie. I don't think it's going to listen to you. You guys got this? I'm gonna look for a better weapon."

Trusting the others to take care of the lone zombie, John takes the long way around it to the supply cache and searches it for a handgun of some sort - still keeping an eye on the zombie, of course. If it looked like it was shambling his way it was going to get stabbed.

Helena faced turned in confusion from the song. "Well that was a thing." she mumbled as she lined up to kick the zombie square in the head with her new legs. "Well if you're not a zombie ten say something or your heads getting caved in either from my foot or the shotgun." She said the the zombie. Waiting a few seconds for an answer before kicking it in its face. 

Helena waits for the zombie to say something if no answer comes she kicks it in the head preferably hard. 

Edward took a couple of steps forward, saw the large crowd that was basically preparing to lynch a very confused looking zombie, and decided to remark, "Let's just get on with it already, we don't have all day remember?," before he took a step towards the zombie, and swung his pipe for the fences (her head).

John goes around the fight towards the supply cache, giving the zombie plenty of space to avoid getting stumbled into. This, thankfully, lets him avoid getting slammed into by a zombie that jumps back at a speed that would probably knock over most people if hit. Unfortunately, his spacing doesn't do much to stop the fact that the zombie screamed at such a volume that it hurt the ear drums of everyone in the room. Spook and Poncio are busy talking and being slightly deafened and so do not act. 

Edward steps forward to attack the zombie, but the screech and quick leap back effectively gets it out of his range. Helena likewise doesn't attack, though this is because the zombie is understandably a bit distracted by the various people acting aggressive. Finally, Daniele waits to fire on the corpse, just in case it was friendly.

John pointed the spear at the so far non-hostile but incredibly annoying zombie. "You do that again, you're going to get the Vlad the Impaler treatment."

Zombie threatened, John goes back to checking the stash for some sort of firearm he can handle, like a shotgun. Who doesn't know how to use a shotgun?

An almost comical expression of eyeless surprise flashed across the zombie's face, and her arms were caught between moving to her own ears and windmilling as her own screech startled her and her own leap backwards exceeded her expectations, sending her rocking back on her heels... and then backwards into a locker, with the sound of her thumping against the metal and its contents rattling. The zombie slid back into a sitting position, and after a few moments with a feminine, quebecois-accented voice she groaned an "Ohhhh... Mon dieu, qu'est-ce que ç'est ça...?" The zombie sucked in a breath, and turned back up to stare at the group that had been pointing weapons at her, and the bloodied sockets where her eyes should have been narrowed a little disturbingly as she stared up at them.

"Fuck," she added helpfully in English.

As for her appearance, the zombie appeared to be a woman of relatively short height, with a mostly slim build made a bit strange by her legs -- the hoodie and relatively loose pants made it hard to see exactly what her legs looked like, but the structure seemed to be different -- wider hips, legs built far more muscularly than anywhere else on her body, perhaps stranger, more joints. Her hair was brown and went down to her chin, and that was about that for normal body features. Her skin was a greyish-green color, she had claws on her fingers, and she had, of course, no eyes. There were rings of tape around the wrists of the hoodie and calves of her pants, which she seemed to be partially pre-occupied with tracing with her fingers as she stared at the party.

John stared for a moment. "...Fuck happened to your eyes? God damn. Can you even see anything?" Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the stash of potential weapons. "Look girl, calm down and just sit down. You can come with us as we get out of here if you don't start trying to deafen us again. And, uh, maybe the people we work for can do something about those sockets."

Poncio sidled up next to John, and murmured to him. "I see this one isn't like the rest, suspected it from the beginning. But do you think it is actually one of them, a zombie? Or does it talking mean it's not a zombie? I always was a sucker for the philosophy of these things!"

As he spoke, he began shuffling through the supply pile, glancing warily at the eyeless zombie every so often. He'd be looking for maybe a gun, or something. He'd heard it said not to bring a knife to a gun fight, so surely a sword counted.  But then again, you never heard people saying "don't bring two knives to a gunfight", and a sword was like, more than two knives long, right?

"My eyes...?" she said with a questioning tone, "...are my eyes gone? I, erh... it doesn't feel like they are." She squinted for a moment, and her expression rapidly turned mystified. "...I... suppose they are. I can't see things, technically... but... I can "see" them just fine...?" Her voice sounded a little dreamy, like things hadn't sunk in quite yet. "These are the things that he made me sign, then, huh? The, uh... the operation thing. This is weird."

She looked at Poncio. "I'm... well, I guess if I'm a zombie that's a part of, uh, the whole operation thing." She fell silent for a few moments, squinting at Poncio, before she spoke again. "Aren't you that one actor?"

Edward squinted at the screeching zombie, maintaining a defensive stance up until she mentioned recognizing Poncio, which was an odd statement for a locally sourced zombie to make, causing him to relax a little before he asked, "You uh, you have bleeding eye sockets instead of eyes."

There was a slightly awkward pause as he shuffled around to get to the supply cache before he said, "And yes that is Poncio if that is who you meant, I'm guessing that they didn't tell you about us, but did they at least tell you what you were here for?."

He looked around for an assault rifle or a submachinegun, something he would be especially familiar with from his military days, and perhaps even a more proper melee weapon to replace his current bed leg if it seemed as if they had enough to spare.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

"I see this one isn't like the rest, suspected it from the beginning. But do you think it is actually one of them, a zombie? Or does it talking mean it's not a zombie? I always was a sucker for the philosophy of these things!"

"All the horror movies I ever binged on say that if it just moans and bites it's a zombie. Or walker. Or freaker. Or whatever dumbass terminology they came up with to dance around the word zombie." John made a particularly dismissive gesture with the back of his hand to that idea. "Point is, she's fucked-up looking, but I don't think she's one of them."

He turned to the woman. "Yeah, what the vet said. Also those are more claws than fingers you got there." He searched around a bit more. "Look, miss. I'm John Christie. I was a long-haul driver before taking this operation. What about you? What's your name, what'd you do? And I've been up through Canada on my hauls; you a Quebec girl? You sound like one."

Spook, with the initial threat having proven (by his own correct prediction, he might add) to not be present at all, took a moment to let his hearing recover. He supposed he would have screeched, too, if he was her, but it was still loud. Anything he might've asked after that became a groan as she asked the actor if we was, well, and action. "Ugh, please don't encourage him. . ."

"Poncio Romero, at your service! Are you perhaps one of my fans then? That's wonderful, I wondered if anyone really cared that I was here! It's not often one gets to meet critically acclaimed actors such as myself. Completely infathomably, some don't seem appreciate it!" Poncio waved his and in Spooks direction, indignation sneaking into his voice.

"Hey, it sounds like she got an operation too, so is she maybe one of us? Why would the good Commander Slate not tell us, I wonder. . . Perhaps, maybe it was meant to be a reveal, for the cameras! Are there cameras? It certainly could have given someone--not me of course--a right scare!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, lovely another member to the group." Helena said to the new girl as she moved over to the cache "Well welcome to the group we all are weird now. What did they have do..."Helena paused a bit "or rather did to you? All i had to do was eat a really bad fruit." She finished as she took a hand gun out of the cache. She knew really only the basics of how to actually use a gun but hey its zombies if movies where right they should be dumb enough and thats all she needs. 

"Rude," Jeanne muttered at John's declaration of "she's fucked up looking", "But yeah, I'm Quebecois! Saint-Jérôme, if you've been there. I've been all over Quebec, Canada, and the US, though, doing her work, though."

She proceeded to point at Poncio and speak rather needlessly theatrically: "And that's because of the same reason I know who Poncio is: I am a journalist! My name is Jeanne Duforet," it was pretty incredibly unlikely that anyone had heard of her, if anyone Poncio might have seen her name attached to one singular celebrity exposé scandal a while back, "And I'm dedicated to finding the truth, when other people don't want it to be found! Which... led me to break into a mysterious PMC compound... which was in retrospect a really bad idea... and now I'm here."

"And, er, I'm... not... exactly super caught up on what's going on. I wasn't real conscious for the operation either."

"Lady, if you looked in a mirror you'd agree with me," John groused. "Anyway all of us got operated on as well and then dumped here to see if we could make it out alive. I'm guessing if we don't then whatever treatments we all got ain't worth a shit so they know not to bother with 'em in the future." He continued to sort through the cache. "That's where it stands. We get whatever it is we're supposed to get - some samples or something - and get out or we die here."

Jeanne frowned, for a moment.

"Well, uh... yeah. That would... that would be a pretty good motivator, huh. You guys were talking about zombies, are there, like, zombies and shit here? That's pretty cool. Wish I had my camera. Where the hell is it? He promised he wouldn't break it..." Her expression darkened. "I'm totally gonna kick that dickhead's ass if he was lying about that." 

She brightened back up. "Buuut I'll stick around with you guys. I mean, I AM all transformed into whatever the fuck this is and maybe I shouldn't think too much about that BUT-- and if there's some zombie movie shit going on then I probably should keep with you guys, but, you know, also it's cool! It's pretty cool. I wanna see the zombies.

Also I think I DID sign a contract but the fact that it's cool is more important. Damn, I REALLY wish I had my camera right now. Zombies on some other world, man! It's hard to get a better scoop than that. Even if people would think it's fake."

"Well to be exact whats going one is that we need to find a sample of the disease that broke out in this facility....it probably was some lab it looks like a lab anyway, but yeah zombie stuff like video games or whatnot. For some reason they thought it would be funny to put you in with the cache of weapons and stuff which is why we are here...." Helena paused a moment before continuing "Sooo you know what you can do now or do you want a gun too?" Helena asked pointing to the cache of stuff.