Seal

1 hour ago, Newt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Causes

Bleeding arises due to either traumatic injury, underlying medical condition, or a combination.

Traumatic injury

Traumatic bleeding is caused by some type of injury. There are different types of wounds which may cause traumatic bleeding. These include:

• Abrasion - Also called a graze, this is caused by transverse action of a foreign object against the skin, and usually does not penetrate below the epidermis.
  • Excoriation - In common with Abrasion, this is caused by mechanical destruction of the skin, although it usually has an underlying medical cause.
  • Hematoma - Caused by damage to a blood vessel that in turn causes blood to collect under the skin.
  • Laceration - Irregular wound caused by blunt impact to soft tissue overlying hard tissue or tearing such as in childbirth. In some instances, this can also be used to describe an incision.
  • Incision - A cut into a body tissue or organ, such as by a scalpel, made during surgery.
  • Puncture Wound - Caused by an object that penetrated the skin and underlying layers, such as a nail, needle or knife.
  • Contusion - Also known as a bruise, this is a blunt trauma damaging tissue under the surface of the skin.
  • Crushing Injuries - Caused by a great or extreme amount of force applied over a period of time. The extent of a crushing injury may not immediately present itself.
  • Ballistic Trauma - Caused by a projectile weapon such as a firearm. This may include two external wounds (entry and exit) and a contiguous wound between the two.

The pattern of injury, evaluation and treatment will vary with the mechanism of the injury. Blunt trauma causes injury via a shock effect; delivering energy over an area. Wounds are often not straight and unbroken skin may hide significant injury. Penetrating trauma follows the course of the injurious device. As the energy is applied in a more focused fashion, it requires less energy to cause significant injury. Any body organ, including bone and brain, can be injured and bleed. Bleeding may not be readily apparent; internal organs such as the liver, kidney and spleen may bleed into the abdominal cavity. The only apparent signs may come with blood loss. Bleeding from a bodily orifice, such as the rectum, nose, or ears may signal internal bleeding, but cannot be relied upon. Bleeding from a medical procedure also falls into this category.

Medical condition

"Medical bleeding" denotes hemorrhage as a result of an underlying medical condition (i.e. causes of bleeding that are not directly due to trauma). Blood can escape from blood vessels as a result of 3 basic patterns of injury:

The underlying scientific basis for blood clotting and hemostasis is discussed in detail in the articles, coagulation, hemostasis and related articles. The discussion here is limited to the common practical aspects of blood clot formation which manifest as bleeding.

Some medical conditions can also make patients susceptible to bleeding. These are conditions that affect the normal hemostatic (bleeding-control) functions of the body. Such conditions either are, or cause, bleeding diatheses. Hemostasis involves several components. The main components of the hemostatic system include platelets and the coagulation system.

Platelets are small blood components that form a plug in the blood vessel wall that stops bleeding. Platelets also produce a variety of substances that stimulate the production of a blood clot. One of the most common causes of increased bleeding risk is exposure to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The prototype for these drugs is aspirin, which inhibits the production of thromboxane. NSAIDs inhibit the activation of platelets, and thereby increase the risk of bleeding. The effect of aspirin is irreversible; therefore, the inhibitory effect of aspirin is present until the platelets have been replaced (about ten days). Other NSAIDs, such as "ibuprofen" (Motrin) and related drugs, are reversible and therefore, the effect on platelets is not as long-lived.

There are several named coagulation factors that interact in a complex way to form blood clots, as discussed in the article on coagulation. Deficiencies of coagulation factors are associated with clinical bleeding. For instance, deficiency of Factor VIII causes classic hemophilia A while deficiencies of Factor IX cause "Christmas disease"(hemophilia B). Antibodies to Factor VIII can also inactivate the Factor VII and precipitate bleeding that is very difficult to control. This is a rare condition that is most likely to occur in older patients and in those with autoimmune diseases. Another common bleeding disorder is Von Willebrand disease. It is caused by a deficiency or abnormal function of the "Von Willebrand" factor, which is involved in platelet activation. Deficiencies in other factors, such as factor XIII or factor VII are occasionally seen, but may not be associated with severe bleeding and are not as commonly diagnosed.

In addition to NSAID-related bleeding, another common cause of bleeding is that related to the medication, warfarin ("Coumadin" and others). This medication needs to be closely monitored as the bleeding risk can be markedly increased by interactions with other medications. Warfarin acts by inhibiting the production of Vitamin K in the gut. Vitamin K is required for the production of the clotting factors, II, VII, IX, and X in the liver. One of the most common causes of warfarin-related bleeding is taking antibiotics. The gut bacteria make vitamin K and are killed by antibiotics. This decreases vitamin K levels and therefore the production of these clotting factors.

Deficiencies of platelet function may require platelet transfusion while deficiencies of clotting factors may require transfusion of either fresh frozen plasma or specific clotting factors, such as Factor VIII for patients with hemophilia.

Sighs

30 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

Her blatant claim gets Alaris lynched today, and then what? She's killed at night by a vig, or best case scenario she's lynched the next day. Even if Eric is lying and there are still two or three maf members left, Nicki's claim would still be an eye-for-an-eye situation, and would be a terrible mafia strategy. (Keep in mind if Eric is lying about a cult, the town still outnumbers maf by enough that Nicki's strategy would not guarantee a win).

I already covered this. As per Nano's report to Cass (assuming, as I said before, that the cult doesn't actually exist... if it did, Cass could have lied then), either Nicki or me are mafia (or both, ofc). Since if you lynched me today you'd lynch Nicki tomorrow (because you'd see I'm town, and thus she's maf), I said that her strategy may be more like "ok I claim cop, bait everybody into lynching Alaris, and then get lynched in the next day". Because certainly, she could've got me lynched without claiming, but given that she's gonna be lynched anyway, either today or tomorrow, she picked the easiest and safest option: to frame me.

3 hours ago, Newt said:

I agree with Nicki, tbh

Since the start of the game I've been suspecting Alaris.

And if he is not mafia, we can just lynch Nicki next day right?

[Eliminate] Alaris

For what reasons have you been suspecting him?

1 hour ago, Newt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Causes

Bleeding arises due to either traumatic injury, underlying medical condition, or a combination.

Traumatic injury

Traumatic bleeding is caused by some type of injury. There are different types of wounds which may cause traumatic bleeding. These include:

• Abrasion - Also called a graze, this is caused by transverse action of a foreign object against the skin, and usually does not penetrate below the epidermis.
  • Excoriation - In common with Abrasion, this is caused by mechanical destruction of the skin, although it usually has an underlying medical cause.
  • Hematoma - Caused by damage to a blood vessel that in turn causes blood to collect under the skin.
  • Laceration - Irregular wound caused by blunt impact to soft tissue overlying hard tissue or tearing such as in childbirth. In some instances, this can also be used to describe an incision.
  • Incision - A cut into a body tissue or organ, such as by a scalpel, made during surgery.
  • Puncture Wound - Caused by an object that penetrated the skin and underlying layers, such as a nail, needle or knife.
  • Contusion - Also known as a bruise, this is a blunt trauma damaging tissue under the surface of the skin.
  • Crushing Injuries - Caused by a great or extreme amount of force applied over a period of time. The extent of a crushing injury may not immediately present itself.
  • Ballistic Trauma - Caused by a projectile weapon such as a firearm. This may include two external wounds (entry and exit) and a contiguous wound between the two.

The pattern of injury, evaluation and treatment will vary with the mechanism of the injury. Blunt trauma causes injury via a shock effect; delivering energy over an area. Wounds are often not straight and unbroken skin may hide significant injury. Penetrating trauma follows the course of the injurious device. As the energy is applied in a more focused fashion, it requires less energy to cause significant injury. Any body organ, including bone and brain, can be injured and bleed. Bleeding may not be readily apparent; internal organs such as the liver, kidney and spleen may bleed into the abdominal cavity. The only apparent signs may come with blood loss. Bleeding from a bodily orifice, such as the rectum, nose, or ears may signal internal bleeding, but cannot be relied upon. Bleeding from a medical procedure also falls into this category.

Medical condition

"Medical bleeding" denotes hemorrhage as a result of an underlying medical condition (i.e. causes of bleeding that are not directly due to trauma). Blood can escape from blood vessels as a result of 3 basic patterns of injury:

The underlying scientific basis for blood clotting and hemostasis is discussed in detail in the articles, coagulation, hemostasis and related articles. The discussion here is limited to the common practical aspects of blood clot formation which manifest as bleeding.

Some medical conditions can also make patients susceptible to bleeding. These are conditions that affect the normal hemostatic (bleeding-control) functions of the body. Such conditions either are, or cause, bleeding diatheses. Hemostasis involves several components. The main components of the hemostatic system include platelets and the coagulation system.

Platelets are small blood components that form a plug in the blood vessel wall that stops bleeding. Platelets also produce a variety of substances that stimulate the production of a blood clot. One of the most common causes of increased bleeding risk is exposure to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The prototype for these drugs is aspirin, which inhibits the production of thromboxane. NSAIDs inhibit the activation of platelets, and thereby increase the risk of bleeding. The effect of aspirin is irreversible; therefore, the inhibitory effect of aspirin is present until the platelets have been replaced (about ten days). Other NSAIDs, such as "ibuprofen" (Motrin) and related drugs, are reversible and therefore, the effect on platelets is not as long-lived.

There are several named coagulation factors that interact in a complex way to form blood clots, as discussed in the article on coagulation. Deficiencies of coagulation factors are associated with clinical bleeding. For instance, deficiency of Factor VIII causes classic hemophilia A while deficiencies of Factor IX cause "Christmas disease"(hemophilia B). Antibodies to Factor VIII can also inactivate the Factor VII and precipitate bleeding that is very difficult to control. This is a rare condition that is most likely to occur in older patients and in those with autoimmune diseases. Another common bleeding disorder is Von Willebrand disease. It is caused by a deficiency or abnormal function of the "Von Willebrand" factor, which is involved in platelet activation. Deficiencies in other factors, such as factor XIII or factor VII are occasionally seen, but may not be associated with severe bleeding and are not as commonly diagnosed.

In addition to NSAID-related bleeding, another common cause of bleeding is that related to the medication, warfarin ("Coumadin" and others). This medication needs to be closely monitored as the bleeding risk can be markedly increased by interactions with other medications. Warfarin acts by inhibiting the production of Vitamin K in the gut. Vitamin K is required for the production of the clotting factors, II, VII, IX, and X in the liver. One of the most common causes of warfarin-related bleeding is taking antibiotics. The gut bacteria make vitamin K and are killed by antibiotics. This decreases vitamin K levels and therefore the production of these clotting factors.

Deficiencies of platelet function may require platelet transfusion while deficiencies of clotting factors may require transfusion of either fresh frozen plasma or specific clotting factors, such as Factor VIII for patients with hemophilia.

Also can someone remind me why the fuck are we lynching the cop while Alaris didn't really do anything helpful to us

Why are you believing the cop claim so easily when it can be falsified considering the investigation results stated/given?

21 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

Addressing Eric first, the question is whether or not he's telling the truth. I think he is. Eric would really only have one reason to lie, which is to mislead us from the number of maf members still alive. But making us think there are less maf members than are actually alive is not so useful. If we play intelligently, the number of maf left over wouldn't matter as long as we consider all possibilities, not to mention we'd find out the truth as soon as the next mafia dies. 
IMO there's no good reason why Eric would lie about that.

Also keep in mind the first person to bring up the cult in the first place was Lykos. Lykos, as the 'banana giver' would be even less likely to lie about the existence of a cult, regardless of how he knew about it. (If he didn't know there was a cult, I heavily doubt he would blatantly lie saying there is one).

Nicki's roleclaim as a non-Kong character doesn't help her case, but let's assume she's lying about the roleclaim for the sake of argument.
Her blatant claim gets Alaris lynched today, and then what? She's killed at night by a vig, or best case scenario she's lynched the next day. Even if Eric is lying and there are still two or three maf members left, Nicki's claim would still be an eye-for-an-eye situation, and would be a terrible mafia strategy. (Keep in mind if Eric is lying about a cult, the town still outnumbers maf by enough that Nicki's strategy would not guarantee a win).
So, assuming Nicki is telling the truth about the roleclaim, it's quite telling that the only people who argue against her vehemently deny that the cult exists. Are both Dive and Alaris culted? Are only one of them culted? I might need to sit on that thought and see responses before I decide. 
(Alaris mentions other cult members should have died, but in a closed setup, this might not be the case. I know for one that my role is definitely modified from existing traditional roles)

I want to as @cicada some questions though to clear this up maybe
1. Do you see Third Parties as town, maf, or third parties
2. And do you know whether your investigation happens before or after the cult recruits someone (Assuming there is a cult).

Of course there's one more possibility that was brought up, which is that Nicki is a culted Mafia trying to bring down Alaris. Also very possible, but this post is running really long so I'll say that this leaves Dive as an innocent town, Alaris as Eric's last remaining maf, and Nicki as a cult member. Not a whole lot of evidence for this, but it's a possibility.

I also want to add I did like 2 minutes of research about the donkey kong characters, and the character that Amber died as, Kalimba, is only a Tiki Tribe miniboss. I find it doubtful that Seal would include a Tiki miniboss and not the Final Tiki boss of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Just saying. This points to Kongs being turned into Tikis upon being culted, and that in fact, Amber IS NOT THE LEADER OF THE CULT

Yup, I can agree there isn't much good reason to do that, but if he can temporarily mislead the town, I think that could delay the mafia's extinction and place the attention on other less important things. There's also a possibility he just did it to troll town. I find little incentive for him to tell the truth.

We have no idea how Lykos found out about a cult, but he might have been mistaken/misinterpreted it. I'm not sure.

Nicki lying about her claim is objectively a bad move for mafia IMO in a normal context, but this situation makes it a *not* bad action. With Nano's information to Cass, either Alaris or Nicki is mafia, and it's simply an eventuality for either of them to be lynched. By delaying the lynch, Nicki helps her mafia mates and reduces town's power by one.

How did you progress to saying that I'm town, Alaris a Mafia, and Nicki a Third Party?

Yeah, I did that same research earlier and I also find it weird Kalimba is not the main leader of the tribe. However, I'm conflicted about that as the wording of the Third Party in the Opening Post and Amber's death scene in Seal's post implies there's only 1 Third Party ever. Additionally, Seal has told me when I asked him that the town doesn't need to kill the Third Party to win. Cults in regular games must be killed by town for them to win. As such, I came up with the thought that there must not be a cult in the game or if it does exist (heavily unlikely), town doesn't necessarily need to eliminate it. This clause can be seen in the winning condition of town in the opening post.

Also, @Alaris, can you tell us what your role does and your actions in the past few nights? 

3 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

Also, @Alaris, can you tell us what your role does and your actions in the past few nights? 

I'm the party host and I haven't thrown the party yet. Basically my NA nullifies the rest of NAs of that night, including kills. I was saving it for a possible lylo situation, but if you wish to prove me, I can just throw the party next night.

• Global Mods

That...seems rather strange.

I find you as Mafia and you want to get me lynched, then you claim Party Host and ask us to wait until the next day phase? That smells rather fishy if you ask me... I don't know what everyone else thinks.

@Jason GraceBean's suggestion is quite simple in that if Nicki is culted, Eric is telling the truth about the last maf. 
If there is only one maf (who Nicki claims is Alaris), you could only be either a third party Tiki or a Kong. I ruled out third party because I don't think you would bus Nicki (who in this case would be on your team).
I'm not sure about this theory though, I was just explaining it as another possibility because Bean brought it up.

One thing that just came to me is the possible win conditions of the third party. Assuming that a cult does exist, I was wondering if there are any situations (you did say in 'regular' games after all) where the cult doesn't have to be eliminated for the town to win. More importantly, is it possible that the game would end once we eliminate the maf, even though there are third parties still alive.

Alaris' roleclaim is a little sketchy imo, my vote will stay where it is.

40 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

I also want to add I did like 2 minutes of research about the donkey kong characters, and the character that Amber died as, Kalimba, is only a Tiki Tribe miniboss. I find it doubtful that Seal would include a Tiki miniboss and not the Final Tiki boss of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Just saying. This points to Kongs being turned into Tikis upon being culted, and that in fact, Amber IS NOT THE LEADER OF THE CULT

To be honest, I agree with the fact that both Dive and Alaris are being suspicious, but this part here I have to disagree.

I also did a quick research here cuz never played Donkey Kong so I think that if the cult existed, Amber was indeed the leader of it. Because, from what I've seen, Kalimba is the only one from the Tiki Tribe that can hypnotize others to do his biding.

So, you ask me, why did only Amber die and not his minions too?

Well, I have a theory for that, but this theory only makes sense if what Eric said is true.

Let's suppose there are 4 mafia (because according to what Eric said, when he dies there would be only one mafia left), he said this on D2, which gave N0 and N1 for Amber to recruit people. Then, in both nights, Amber managed to cult a mafia member (which would be easy after recruiting one during N0, as that person would reveal the other mafias for Amber).

Amber died N3, which means he probably would have recruited the last mafia member, if he continued to follow the logic behind his recruitings in the last nights, before dying.

So, when Amber recruited the last mafia member, I supposed he didn't get healed and died from the bleeding. When he died, his entire cult was made from mafia members, whom where the last one alives.

Wouldn't it be unbalanced for all the mafia die together with Amber, and the game ending like that? I don't know you, but if I was the host, I would me an exception and either make the mafia return to their original roles or another person becoming the cult leader, for the sake of not having a meaningless game.

TLDR: My theory is that the cult really existed, and Amber was the leader of it, but when Amber died all of the cult members were the former last remaining mafia, and for the sake of having a balanced game, decided to either have them back to their original roles or made one of them the cult leader.

7 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

For what reasons have you been suspecting him?

7 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

Why are you believing the cop claim so easily when it can be falsified considering the investigation results stated/given?

Lemme explain to you then, why it's better to lynch Alaris.

Either Nicki or Alaris is mafia, that's sure. (There's a small chance both can be, too.)

• If Nicki is telling the truth, then she is the cop and Alaris is mafia. 

> We lynch Alaris, kill one more mafia and get the doc to protect Nicki the following nights, assuming the doc is still alive, the best situation for us.

> We lynch Nicki. Not only we let the mafia gain time, we lose one of the most important townie role for us. Obviously the worst situation that could happen.

• If Nicki is lying, then she is mafia and Alaris is town.

> We lynch Alaris, we lose a town and let Nicki survive one more night. The mafia will gain time, but at least we won't lose an important role (if he is saying the truth, party host is bad for both sides, tbh).

> We lynch Nicki, a mafia, and Alaris, who just claimed party host, survives, yeah a good situation.

So let me ask you another question Dive, in another situation. Let's suppose that no matter what, we have to lynch one of them, without other choices, but both are town. Would you rather lose the cop or the party host?

• Global Mods

It may sound sketchy that I'm voting for a mafia member over finding the cult leader, if there is one, but as I mentioned before, if there really is only one more mafia member left (due to others being culted), we have an extra day phase to find the cult leader. If we lynched someone today who wasn't maf or cult, town would probably lose by the next day phase since mafia could kill town and the cult would recruit someone and town would then insta lose either by Day 4 or Night 4 due to being outnumbered.

I find it odd that Alaris claims Party Host, since it's a role that no one else would think of claiming, and asks us to give him an extra phase to "prove" his ability, when really he is trying to buy time as mafia. The things he's been accusing me of are things that he's exactly doing. Besides, I have doubts about his claim since Cass received info from Nano that stated Lykos, myself, or Alaris were mafia. I know I'm not maf, and we now know that Lykos wasn't mafia. The last person it comes down to is Alaris, which I have now proved by outing myself as Cop stating his alignment. I had doubts that Alaris couldn't be mafia since someone could have framed him last night when I went to check him, but upon rethinking about this....if that was the case, he wouldn't have come up on Nano's report previously.

It's possible that there either wasn't a doctor to begin with (which is kind of weird), or the doctor has since been culted. Both scenarios seem kind of plausible, which means Alaris would have been lying about being stabbed or Amber (or whoever the cult leader is) culted the doctor on the same night he got "stabbed". This means that, if there's a mafia member remaining after Alaris, I'll probably die the next night phase if the doctor is no longer around.

Since the game is pretty much full of modified existing roles, we also can't rule out the possibility that the cult leader's cult doesn't die with the cult leader.

7 minutes ago, cicada said:

Since the game is pretty much full of modified existing roles, we also can't rule out the possibility that the cult leader's cult doesn't die with the cult leader.

Nicki, I thought about this possibility too, but I think it's impossible, if the culted people return to their original roles, unless another person from the cult becomes the cult leader, and the cult keeps going, which doesn't seem pausible at all, since it would be impossible to defeat them? (unless they have another win condition that can be achieved together with the town).

But why is it impossible for the people returning back to their original roles after dying?

Because, if the cult leader manages to recruit one mafia, everyone of the cult would know about who are the other mafia (supposing they have a chat to talk), and if the cult leader died, the people would become town again and could simply tell everyone else who are the other mafia.

EDIT: As I said, it's much more pausible that Seal made an exception supposing all of the culted were mafia and this wouldn't happen

17 minutes ago, Newt said:

Well, I have a theory for that, but this theory only makes sense if what Eric said is true.

Let's suppose there are 4 mafia (because according to what Eric said, when he dies there would be only one mafia left), he said this on D2, which gave N0 and N1 for Amber to recruit people. Then, in both nights, Amber managed to cult a mafia member (which would be easy after recruiting one during N0, as that person would reveal the other mafias for Amber).

Amber died N3, which means he probably would have recruited the last mafia member, if he continued to follow the logic behind his recruitings in the last nights, before dying.

So, when Amber recruited the last mafia member, I supposed he didn't get healed and died from the bleeding. When he died, his entire cult was made from mafia members, whom where the last one alives.

Wouldn't it be unbalanced for all the mafia die together with Amber, and the game ending like that? I don't know you, but if I was the host, I would me an exception and either make the mafia return to their original roles or another person becoming the cult leader, for the sake of not having a meaningless game.

TLDR: My theory is that the cult really existed, and Amber was the leader of it, but when Amber died all of the cult members were the former last remaining mafia, and for the sake of having a balanced game, decided to either have them back to their original roles or made one of them the cult leader.

So you're saying that Seal "rigged" the game and restored the original (mafia) roles of the cult members? I find it unlikely for a host to do that.

And if Seal didn't decide it based on how the events unfolded, this means that once the cult leader died and the roles were restored, townies would most probably know who were mafia and who weren't. And imo this is heavily unbalanced.

EDIT: ninja'd

24 minutes ago, andracass said:

Well, this certainly got interesting.

[Eliminate] Alaris
I'm working on a longer post, but since things are pretty active right now, I'm going to place a vote and mention that I got a banana.

I'll be looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Alaris said:

So you're saying that Seal "rigged" the game and restored the original (mafia) roles of the cult members? I find it unlikely for a host to do that.

And if Seal didn't decide it based on how the events unfolded, this means that once the cult leader died and the roles were restored, townies would most probably know who were mafia and who weren't. And imo this is heavily unbalanced.

EDIT: ninja'd 

It's not rigging the game, I think anyone would do the same. Otherwise, the game wouldn't have a meaning. It's not rigging, it's balancing. But that's just a theory

And as you said, I ninjad you lol

The only reason that could have made him do that exception was that there would be no problem for the people returning to their original roles, if every culted one is mafia.

20 minutes ago, Newt said:

It's not rigging the game, I think anyone would do the same. Otherwise, the game wouldn't have a meaning. It's not rigging, it's balancing. But that's just a theory

And as you said, I ninjad you lol

The only reason that could have made him do that exception was that there would be no problem for the people returning to their original roles, if every culted one is mafia.

Yeah but that would be going against us town. I mean if all the mafia got killed by N3, props to the town/cult! The host shouldn't be able to interfere with that.

32 minutes ago, cicada said:

I find it odd that Alaris claims Party Host, since it's a role that no one else would think of claiming, and asks us to give him an extra phase to "prove" his ability, when really he is trying to buy time as mafia. The things he's been accusing me of are things that he's exactly doing.

Sorry, I had forgotten about this.

I do not find it odd at all. It's what Swanky Kong does. And I haven't been counterclaimed, btw. I know you haven't been either, but your role is not even a Kong...

• Veterans

So I'm making a theoretical list of roles.

There are a grand total of 10 Town/Kong roles, and if we include the playable characters from the 3 DKC games and DK64, we get:
Donkey (me)
Diddy (Lykos)

Dixie

Kiddie

Lanky (Nano)
Tiny

Chunky

This is already 7 kongs. On top of that, we've got some more who have died or aren't playable:

Wrinkly (Jace)

Cranky/Funky (astra)

and finally

Squawks or Swanky

and yikes I had to look up who swanky was.

If the list here is right then literally only one of the roles are possible, and squawks is not a kong.

• Global Mods

Maybe that is what Swanky Kong does, but I very much doubt it's what you do. I find it hard to believe that mafia would frame you two nights in a row to make you appear mafia, and I know that I'm Squawks...part of the town.

Regardless, whoever is lynched today out of me or you would result in the other lynched the next day phase if either of us show up as town.

I get that Squawks isn't a Kong, but he's listed as a good guy and is very friendly with the Kongs (according to the Wikia page anyways). I'm not sure what else I can do or say to prove I'm town, but if I get lynched today and I show up as town then you know who to lynch next, just saying.

• Veterans

So here's what I'm thinking over right now.

Was Alaris stabbed?

Was Lykos lying? 

I'm also looking at how quickly people voted for Eric after I vouched for Astra.

So, firstly, there's the question of whether or not Alaris got stabbed. It'd be pretty stupid for mafia to stab a fellow member, so ordinarily this would lead to me leaning towards him being town, but the fact that Eric would die and say something like "yes I can confirm that I stabbed Alaris and Amber" seems really strange, and I'm more inclined to think this was a setup because of that. An alternate possibility would be that Eric was roleblocked N0 and then Alaris could fakeclaim getting stabbed instead (as no one would be able to counter that). Amber would then be a former mafia member who was culted and then had to be nightkilled last night to maintain credibility- if Amber died by bleeding then that would mean that the mafia kill failed. This would also indicate that the cult is still alive and well. (previous section bolded since it seems like useful information regardless.)

Most of this is speculation, but the idea that a stabber exists and was active could be nothing more than the mafia trying to provide itself some town credibility.

My second concern is going to start with me admitting to have lied about where I got my gun from. It was not a part of my role. This was done in order to keep the person who gave it to me alive, since a character who gives out guns would be a pretty significant target. (thanks, newt.) Alaris pressed me much harder on where exactly the gun came from, whereas Nicki seemed to accept my explanation and didn't press further. This information is far more relevant to the mafia, since guns being handed out to townies is a pretty big risk. 

The primary thing that led to me shooting Lykos was that his roleclaim was effectively singlehandedly invalidated by Alaris, with Nicki not really weighing in. Since I now have a banana, it's pretty clear that Lykos's role works just fine, which means that either he was double roleblocked or someone is lying about whether or not they have a banana. (And if no one else has a banana, I guess we'll all die in three days.)

@Jason Grace Nano sent me a joke during N1.

1 hour ago, andracass said:

So, firstly, there's the question of whether or not Alaris got stabbed. It'd be pretty stupid for mafia to stab a fellow member, so ordinarily this would lead to me leaning towards him being town, but the fact that Eric would die and say something like "yes I can confirm that I stabbed Alaris and Amber" seems really strange, and I'm more inclined to think this was a setup because of that. An alternate possibility would be that Eric was roleblocked N0 and then Alaris could fakeclaim getting stabbed instead (as no one would be able to counter that). Amber would then be a former mafia member who was culted and then had to be nightkilled last night to maintain credibility- if Amber died by bleeding then that would mean that the mafia kill failed. This would also indicate that the cult is still alive and well. (previous section bolded since it seems like useful information regardless.)

So you're saying that one of these two situations is the most probable scenario (assuming I'm mafia):

Situation 1: the stabber exists

N0: Both the mafia kill and the stabber's action failed. And then I fake-claimed being stabbed to... gain town credibility?

N1: Both the mafia kill and the stabber's action were successful. The factional kill was used on Nano and Amber was stabbed. The healing role never visited me, or visited me but their action failed.

N2: The mafia kill failed again, and the stabber was already dead (Eric). The healing role ignored Amber, who died from his wounds.

Situation 2: the stabber never existed

N0: The mafia kill failed, and I fake-claimed being stabbed. Firstly, this implies me claiming something that would have never been able to be proven by town.

N1: The mafia kill was successful, and Amber fake-claimed being stabbed. Secondly, this implies Amber was my accomplice and that anyway, town wouldn't be able to prove the presence of a stabber. The healing role never visited me, or visited me but their action failed.

N2: The mafia kill was used on Amber to maintain my (?) credibility, instead of using it on a confirmed townie like you or an item giver like Astra. This would indeed imply that Amber was a member, but not the leader, of a cult. Which pretty much contradicts Seal's wording of the situation, both in the OP and in today's post.

Okay then, problems with these cases? Situation 1 implies that the maf kill failed twice and the stab failed once. Especially on N0, this would mean that, among town, there are a roleblocker and a doctor, and they targeted the two specific scums that were carrying out those actions. Too much for a happy coincidence. Situation 2 implies that, first, both me and Amber were working together, and expected that after two fake-claims, the town would buy the idea of there being a stabber around. And then, just to make it more credible, the maf just killed Amber at the same night he was converted? Because he claimed being stabbed in D2, so, if he did so because he was working with the maf, he must have been converted during N2, the very same night in which he was "killed". I don't think any of those situations is remotely possible. My suggestion is this:

Situation 3: the stabber exists and I'm not mafia

N0: The maf kill failed, and I was stabbed.

N1: The maf kill was successful, Amber was stabbed and I was healed.

(D2: The stabber, Eric, died).

N2: The maf kill failed again and Amber died from the bleeding.

There might be some variables I'm not accounting for because I ignore them, but, to me, this is the most logical succession of events.

My second concern is going to start with me admitting to have lied about where I got my gun from. It was not a part of my role. This was done in order to keep the person who gave it to me alive, since a character who gives out guns would be a pretty significant target. (thanks, newt.) Alaris pressed me much harder on where exactly the gun came from, whereas Nicki seemed to accept my explanation and didn't press further. This information is far more relevant to the mafia, since guns being handed out to townies is a pretty big risk. 

I pressed you for a very simple reason: I was worried that if you happened to get culted, there would be a cult member with a gun. When you told me it was a NA I really didn't care anymore since you'd lose it when culted. And it had been already made clear that Astra was giving items, so it really wouldn't have made a difference if he was only giving guns or other stuff.

The primary thing that led to me shooting Lykos was that his roleclaim was effectively singlehandedly invalidated by Alaris, with Nicki not really weighing in. Since I now have a banana, it's pretty clear that Lykos's role works just fine, which means that either he was double roleblocked or someone is lying about whether or not they have a banana. (And if no one else has a banana, I guess we'll all die in three days.)

Alright, you may have a banana, but Lykos himself said that he had given bananas to me, Nicki and Newt. I never received a banana, but okay, I could be lying. But Nicki said she hadn't received a banana either. And so did Newt. Were they both lying too? Or was Lykos lying? I have no idea, but you'll agree with me that, in that situation, Lykos' comment wasn't half suspicious. I think I did the right thing by accusing him; it was the only logical conclusion to me at that time. Is there a maf role that intercepts the bananas? Or Lykos lied from the very beginning? I ignore that, but you can't just argue against the fact that nothing quite added up at that time.

Or the mafia collectively decided NOT to stab anyone night 0 so they could coordinate Alaris' credibility. The stab didn't necessarily fail, it just didn't happen. This way, Alaris gains town cred, and the healer gets tied up healing someone that doesn't need it night 1. 
I'm also curious as to why you only consider "The healing role never visited me or visited me but their action failed". I'm pretty sure the healer wouldn't be notified if they visited someone that didn't need it, only if their action was blocked in any way (someone correct me if they disagree). If you consider this, only the two maf kills would have failed, because the N1 stab didn't happen and the N2 stab was successful. We can only speculate what caused the doctor not to heal Amber (roleblocking? Healing someone they thought was more important? Scummy vibes so they just let Amber die? idk), but ultimately it worked out in our favor anyways because a third party is dead.
It's possible Cass received the banana before Lykos died last night? 
Speaking of, Cass, when did you get the banana?

Before I make a statement regarding the more recent posts, I reread the entire Day 2 and here's my analysis inclusive of only said day (without taking into consideration their roles and what they said today)

On 2/10/2019 at 2:20 AM, DigitalAmber said:

2. Alaris was indeed stabbed, I am now bleeding like he was. This is annoyingly tying our doctor down. 

I remember saying last day that Amber and Alaris could have been conspiring, but that at the same time, it would be a risky move for both of them.

If we assume Alaris and Amber were indeed conspiring and they were lying, this would mean that Alaris was probably recruited by the cult on N0 and Amber is a member/leader/was recruited the night after. (If the cult does exist; also they can't be mafia unless both were recruited)

However, this would also mean that Nicki's statement on Alaris as Krusha is invalidated; this could also mean Alaris was Krusha, and Nicki is actually mafia and Alaris is a cult member, and they're both clashing it out. I've done this before as a mafia turned cult, so it's not impossible.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:32 PM, Jason Grace said:

Astra - Hooky
L'Belle - L'Belle, cass (2)
Jace - Jace, Nano4, Eric, Digital Amber
Eric - Bok Choi
Nano - Alaris
Hooky - LykosHand, Astra

Alaris voted for Nano while Nicki did not vote. Eric (confirmed mafia) voted for Jace while Amber (confirmed TP) voted the same. 

On 2/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, Alaris said:

Most scummy right now: Astra (repeated what had been said), Eric (random vote on the worst possible option).

Slightly scummy: nicki (her post seems odd to me, because she seems like she's making an extra effort to contribute).

I feel like his suspicion on Eric is original, not counting my suspicion on him before. This is one of the reasons why I believe in Alaris because he gave out reasons why Eric is scummy.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:14 PM, cicada said:

I appreciate the scumread on me, but really I'm trying to contribute more as I realise I was slacking in previous games. I'm also trying to think of what could and couldn't be roles in the game as I've never actually played Donkey Kong and I don't really know who any of these characters (besides Donkey Kong lmao) are.

But reading through everything, I feel that, at the moment, Eric and Astra are the only people catching my eye

I don't know why, but I feel like she's putting emphasis on her lack of knowledge of Donkey Kong for some reason.

Also, because of the timing of the post, others have said their piece on Eric and Astra, but I feel like she could have made some effort to tell why she caught them in her eye rather than simply bw on Astra.

Both Alaris and Nicki voted Astra over Eric, and I find this kind of weird from an outsider's standpoint.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:40 AM, cicada said:

[unvote] Astra -- well, if Cass can confirm that Astra did give her an item, I don't see why we should keep the vote on them. I'm not gonna put a vote on Eric just yet since I feel that Cass' pressure vote is enough for now... but if he doesn't defend himself, then I guess I'll vote for him.

This feels like lowkey defending Eric because she just unvotes Astra and suddenly hesitates in voting for Eric. Compared to how she immediately voted for Astra, this seems odd, like she's waiting for Eric to defend himself if she were mafia. "I guess I'll vote for him" smells like a mafia's indecisiveness.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, LykosHand said:

i don't know if someone knows this but there is a cult leader in this game and i will regret this but i'm giving food to you all, so yeah that's my role. 

On 2/11/2019 at 1:27 AM, LykosHand said:

And well knowing the word "converted" makes me think to a possible cult leader, or if not a cult leader maybe one of the mafia people can convert one person to the mafia team. That's what i think.

Here's Lykos first three statements about the cult (I accidentally erased the second one T_T, but it says it was something he knew from his role at the start or something close to that)

Idk but he only knows the word "converted", not "cult leader". This doesn't entirely mean the cult does exist. For all we know, a Yakuza/Neighborizer exists as they use the word converted as well.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Alaris said:

Oh I had forgotten I was still voting Astra

[Unvote] Astra

[Eliminate] Eric

Alaris voted for Eric iirc at a time where he was almost unsavable. It's suspicious that he forgot he was "still voting Astra" because it feels like he shifted his vote when he knew Eric would not be able to survive anymore.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:28 PM, GenEric said:

alaris and amber werent lying

i stabbed them with my 5 inch dong blade

also lykos was right 

there is a cult

only one mafia remains if i die

There are three important statements here. They could all be true, but at the same time, none could be true.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, cicada said:

[eliminate] GenEric.

I'm glad Cass was able to receive some information, at least it proves that Nano's report had higher priority than the maf kill.

Nicki appears at a really convenient time to vote for Eric, specifically 3 votes after Alaris voted for him. The same situation I told about Alaris can be said about Nicki's vote (giving up Eric because nothing could save him)

On 2/12/2019 at 12:49 AM, LykosHand said:

@andracass In N0 i gave two bananas to Newt, in N1 i gave one banana to Nicki and the other one to Alaris.  

I know that there is a cult leader because i would lose my ability if i will be converted. 

Lykos never gave us the full explanation about his knowledge T_T

=====

Conclusion: Both Alaris and Nicki had suspicious posts from the previous day and their initial vote and timing of the vote were also suspicious.

It's not impossible both aren't town, but it's more likely that at least one town exists between them. Or I might be biased over Alaris' amount of contribution in comparison to Nicki's on Day 1 and 2.

6 hours ago, Alaris said:

I'm the party host and I haven't thrown the party yet. Basically my NA nullifies the rest of NAs of that night, including kills. I was saving it for a possible lylo situation, but if you wish to prove me, I can just throw the party next night.

... IMO, your claim is the same as Nicki's which is a very safe claim and can only be proven in very specific situations.

6 hours ago, cicada said:

That...seems rather strange.

I find you as Mafia and you want to get me lynched, then you claim Party Host and ask us to wait until the next day phase? That smells rather fishy if you ask me... I don't know what everyone else thinks.

Actually, this does make sense. 

6 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

One thing that just came to me is the possible win conditions of the third party. Assuming that a cult does exist, I was wondering if there are any situations (you did say in 'regular' games after all) where the cult doesn't have to be eliminated for the town to win. More importantly, is it possible that the game would end once we eliminate the maf, even though there are third parties still alive.

Exactly this. It would feel odd for a cult to exist because they aren't clashing with the town at all. If the town doesn't need to eliminate the cult (if it exists), then that would mean the town and cult can win together ... which would be really weird and unbalanced imo. 

For this reason, I'm still convinced that a cult doesn't exist despite Eric and Lykos' statement.

6 hours ago, Newt said:

Lemme explain to you then, why it's better to lynch Alaris.

[Scenarios]

So let me ask you another question Dive, in another situation. Let's suppose that no matter what, we have to lynch one of them, without other choices, but both are town. Would you rather lose the cop or the party host?

It feels unbalanced IMO to suddenly change the rules like that. The former (going back to their previous role) is heavily discouraged because this would break the game, especially if there were town in the cult. The latter (made one of them the cult leader) is also heavily discouraged because this is so gamebreaking that it's impossible for a cult to not win.

IMO your scenarios do make sense, and I'd lynch a party host claim over a cop claim in a non-contextual sitatuation all the time. However, considering their contributions, I feel like Nicki is less trustworthy compared to Alaris (with the reasons I gave out in one of my first posts of this day). 

To your question, I'd rather lose the party host, but honestly, that's only a situation and we're not inserting real people and their behavior into it. IMO both are suspicious, but I think I'd prefer to go with my initial convictions for now.

Also, one of them is confirmed Mafia (with Nano's info), so I don't think said situation is applicable in any case here.

6 hours ago, cicada said:

It may sound sketchy that I'm voting for a mafia member over finding the cult leader, if there is one, but as I mentioned before, if there really is only one more mafia member left (due to others being culted), we have an extra day phase to find the cult leader. If we lynched someone today who wasn't maf or cult, town would probably lose by the next day phase since mafia could kill town and the cult would recruit someone and town would then insta lose either by Day 4 or Night 4 due to being outnumbered.

I find it odd that Alaris claims Party Host, since it's a role that no one else would think of claiming, and asks us to give him an extra phase to "prove" his ability, when really he is trying to buy time as mafia. The things he's been accusing me of are things that he's exactly doing. Besides, I have doubts about his claim since Cass received info from Nano that stated Lykos, myself, or Alaris were mafia. I know I'm not maf, and we now know that Lykos wasn't mafia. The last person it comes down to is Alaris, which I have now proved by outing myself as Cop stating his alignment. I had doubts that Alaris couldn't be mafia since someone could have framed him last night when I went to check him, but upon rethinking about this....if that was the case, he wouldn't have come up on Nano's report previously.

It's possible that there either wasn't a doctor to begin with (which is kind of weird), or the doctor has since been culted. Both scenarios seem kind of plausible, which means Alaris would have been lying about being stabbed or Amber (or whoever the cult leader is) culted the doctor on the same night he got "stabbed". This means that, if there's a mafia member remaining after Alaris, I'll probably die the next night phase if the doctor is no longer around.

Just a reminder, town doesn't lose if a cult outnumbers them because "town doesn't have to eliminate the third party to win." Going by this, if a cult wins by outnumbering town, it contradicts the win condition given.

Also ... one question. By process of elimination: Lykos isn't a mafia and you know you aren't mafia. Why investigate Alaris at all? I mean, even if you weren't the cop, you'd know Alaris was mafia.

IMO you could have used your investigation (if it is real to better use by investigating someone else)

The former situation (doctor not existing) is weird because of the existence of a stabber while the latter (culted doctor) is unlikely because it would contradict possible alignments IMO.

5 hours ago, andracass said:

So I'm making a theoretical list of roles.

There are a grand total of 10 Town/Kong roles, and if we include the playable characters from the 3 DKC games and DK64, we get:
Donkey (me)
Diddy (Lykos)

Dixie

Kiddie

Lanky (Nano)
Tiny

Chunky

This is already 7 kongs. On top of that, we've got some more who have died or aren't playable:

Wrinkly (Jace)

Cranky/Funky (astra)

and finally

Squawks or Swanky

and yikes I had to look up who swanky was.

If the list here is right then literally only one of the roles are possible, and squawks is not a kong.

I read the wiki and there were more Kongs than anything. How did you summarize it to 7?

1 hour ago, Bok Choi said:

Or the mafia collectively decided NOT to stab anyone night 0 so they could coordinate Alaris' credibility. The stab didn't necessarily fail, it just didn't happen. This way, Alaris gains town cred, and the healer gets tied up healing someone that doesn't need it night 1. 

This also is a possibility, but idk why Alaris would do such a risky move. I feel like he's more cautious as a person, but that's just my opinion.

Also, to everyone, do try to read all posts. I know a lot of it are glaringly large text walls, but you might miss something that could help you in making a judgement.

Just to emphasize this query to @cicada

Also ... one question. By process of elimination (from Nano's information): Lykos isn't a mafia and you know you aren't mafia. Why investigate Alaris at all? I mean, even if you weren't the cop, you'd know Alaris was mafia.

IMO you could have used your investigation (if it is real to better use by investigating someone else)

Well since Newt hit the head on the nail with my hint yesterday and Cass saying she got her gun from me, I don't think there's a point in me hiding my role. My role is Funky Kong and I give out guns to people. N0, I gave no one a gun, N1 I gave Cass a gun and N2 I gave Alaris a gun. As for why I gave Alaris a gun since Cass is self-explanatory, Alaris said he was stabbed so I thought he had a good chance to be not mafia. Also, I didn't know if Cass had another gun from her role since I know that Donkey Kong does have a coconut gun so I thought to give a gun to someone else because I didn't want to overload someone with guns. Maybe I should have stuck with Cass or not given a gun out considering everything that has happened today and Nano's hint that I forgot about when making my decision but hindsight is 20-20. Anyways, moving to thoughts for what has happened today  and forgive me if I miss anything since there was a lot to read , I'm going to put out what I think about Alaris and Cicada starting with Cicada.

What's sticking out the most to me is that Cicada checked Alaris when putting it together with Nano's hint. Cass was going to shoot Lykos so there wasn't much of a point in checking Alaris since if Lykos flipped mafia, the mafia is dead and if Lykos flipped town, Alaris would be the mafia. Checking someone else seems like the better move to me since then if you die today from being lynched, you can leave behind information on who can be trusted or killed based off of the information received. The only two situations that I can think of where checking Alaris would have been helpful are if Cass didn't shoot Lykos (which didn't happen and wasn't likely to happen considering Cass's posts) and I'll explain the other situation later since it can lead things into a whole other direction. Also find it weird that you're not a kong considering that there are more than enough kongs to fill the whole list but doing some research tells me it's possible for Squawks to be a cop if it's part of the game since the bird gives out information in one game.

As for Alaris, I said I thought there was a good chance that he wasn't mafia because he was stabbed. Now I'm not so sure because I'm thinking that either Alaris was stabbed N0 or no one was stabbed N0. I don't think mafia would have stabbed their own since they don't know if the doctor would heal the person that got stabbed but not stabbing someone removes the risk of one of their own dying and builds up town credibility for one of them or the stabber didn't send their NA in time and Alaris is playing off of it . Also, Alaris's role doesn't do him any favors in proving his innocence since he can't point to anything he's done as proof for being town. There's also the fact that I didn't know Swanky existed until I didn't some research but his role seems checks out with the information on the wiki.

Now for the second situation I mentioned earlier in Cicada's paragraph and is going to say now is that Nano's hint contained two mafias. If Nano's hint only reveals one mafia, then you guys can ignore this paragraph but if Nano's hint can reveal more than one mafia, then it's great the Cicada checked Alaris since in this situation, Lykos would be a dead mafia and Alaris would be mostly be removed of all suspicion of being mafia as one was caught. However, this leads into another point (the reason why I split this from the Cicada's paragraph) and that is what if both Cicada and Alaris are both mafia. Who ever gets lynch basically would help the other avoid being caught by town. Granted with Eric's comment, this might not be true but if Eric was lying, then this is a possibility. 

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Jason Grace said:

Also ... one question. By process of elimination (from Nano's information): Lykos isn't a mafia and you know you aren't mafia. Why investigate Alaris at all? I mean, even if you weren't the cop, you'd know Alaris was mafia.

IMO you could have used your investigation (if it is real to better use by investigating someone else)

The simplest of explanations is that I didn’t know, at the time, that Lykos was town. I tried to use information gathered to work with Cass (since I assumed she would shoot one and I’d investigate the other). I didn’t want to defend one over the other because I didn’t want to risk getting shot by Cass.

Also, Astra, Nano’s report contains one mafia member luckily.

51 minutes ago, cicada said:

The simplest of explanations is that I didn’t know, at the time, that Lykos was town. I tried to use information gathered to work with Cass (since I assumed she would shoot one and I’d investigate the other). I didn’t want to defend one over the other because I didn’t want to risk getting shot by Cass.

Also, Astra, Nano’s report contains one mafia member luckily.

I mean, you knew Cass was going to shoot one, like I'm probably sure most of us knew, Lykos was going to be shot. Taking this into account, only you and Alaris would have been left the next day phase, so if you knew you were town and you'll know the alignment of Lykos the next day, why still investigate within Nano's trio?

Also, I'm not sure why you're talking about defending one over the other given this context.

• Global Mods

I’m sure you’ve noticed that my pattern when I get a power role is usually to lay low. I didn’t want to do anything that would draw attention to myself, which is something I usually do as a power role.

I investigated within the trio because it gave a lead and I didn’t know who else to investigate. You’re the only one who appears to be defensive of Alaris so that’s another lead I can look into should I survive the next night phase (which would be unlikely if there are still mafia members left). I had no other leads and didn’t want to look randomly, since no one else has struck my attention to be honest.

Regardless, if I get lynched today and flip town, Alaris has a gun that he will shoot and we’ll lose 2 townies. I’d rather not risk that.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Seal said:

The unkown third-party - This player has it's own unique win condition. This faction consists of 1 member.

Now thats strange

I dont remember reading this

Now with that in mind I'll say that it's not likely to be a cult

Amber could be a witch or something

15 hours ago, Newt said:

Remember the game

Where the vigilante shot all the mafia?

Balance is overrated ]

I hope you rest well tonight

@AlarisG o on boy

Shoot

What are you waiting

We must be decisive in doing things

Now I'm not too sure with this

but we gotta trust our feelings

[ELIMINATE] PURPLECICADA