Seal

12 hours ago, Bok Choi said:

Or the mafia collectively decided NOT to stab anyone night 0 so they could coordinate Alaris' credibility. The stab didn't necessarily fail, it just didn't happen. This way, Alaris gains town cred, and the healer gets tied up healing someone that doesn't need it night 1.

And lose a chance to stab a town? That would be wasting a night, imo.

11 hours ago, Jason Grace said:

Alaris voted for Eric iirc at a time where he was almost unsavable. It's suspicious that he forgot he was "still voting Astra" because it feels like he shifted his vote when he knew Eric would not be able to survive anymore.

I genuinely had forgotten. Tbh I thought I had changed my vote to Eric right after Astra roleclaimed, but then I checked it and I saw I hadn't.

8 hours ago, Astra125 said:

My role is Funky Kong and I give out guns to people. N0, I gave no one a gun, N1 I gave Cass a gun and N2 I gave Alaris a gun.

Indeed, I do have a gun right now. I hadn't said so because (1) I thought my defence wouldn't benefit from it since if I were mafia, I could indeed kill an extra townie next night, as Nicki said (what a coincidence) and (2) mafia would try to kill me at night.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

G o on boy

Shoot

What are you waiting

We must be decisive in doing things

Apparently, in this game guns can only be shot at night (Cass can confirm). I'd already have shot Nicki by now to prove she's mafia if I could use the gun during the day...

---

To be honest, I don't know what else to say to convince the three of you that are still voting me (Newt, Cass and Bok) to reconsider your choice. Yes, my roleclaim is unprovable right now, but it's the only thing I can offer, apart from justification on my previous actions. There are still 3 people left to cast a vote (Belle, Lía and Astra), so I'd advise you to choose wisely. Right now the votes are:

Nicki: Alaris, Dive, Bean

Alaris: Nicki, Newt, Cass, Bok

Not voted: Belle, Lía, Astra

So I'd get lynched, and you'd use tomorrow's lynch on Nicki, so your hands would be tied for another day.

• Global Mods

Whilst my claim etc. seems rather sketchy, I find it amusing that you'd try and deny a claim from a Cop - not only that, you also claim a role that roleblocks everyone (should people give you the chance to "prove" this). It seems rather odd that both a Psychic report and a Cop report brings up that you're mafia and you're trying to deny that by claiming one of the most bizarre roles I've ever seen and haven't really seen much of in setups.

And the fact that there are people voting against someone claiming Cop seems rather sketchy. Granted the people I've visited are people who have died, which is more beneficial to Mafia, and someone else who also came up in a Psychic report which, at the time, was my only motivation to investigate you (since, as mentioned before, I didn't feel anyone else particularly was scummy). I feel rather uncomfortable knowing that you have a gun when I know you're the Mafia out of the two of us. Yes, people will lose a gun when they lynch you, but it's better to lose a gun rather than lose 3 townies in the next 2 phases if I end up being lynched (that's me lynched, the mafia kill, and Alaris' target killed). We know that Alaris will end up shooting someone the next night phase once it gets revealed that I am town, because he knows he'll be next on the chopping block and will want to use his gun. I hope the townies make the right decision here.

Oof I missed the announcement and a whole day has gone by. I think in this Nicki vs Alaris and Dive situation I'm going to believe Nicki. I can't address everything that has been said but I feel like a lot of Alaris' and Dive's arguments overlooked obvious possibilities or were based on very eh things. 
Examples:

-I find weird that Alaris failed to account for the possibility of the mafia forfeiting their stab action or the stabber not being part of the mafia to begin with and while this was a very reasonable thing to think day 1, but at this point it's a bit questionable. There has been some talk about balance but I haven't seen anyone bring up how the mafia having a stabber and a factional kill at the same times totally nullifies the doctor's ability to stop their kills. There's no signs of a town vigilante so far, so it's much more likely that the stabber is a town role with the ability to kill. You failed to bring up the most likely possibility and I think that's very very very strange.

-Maybe I missed it but Alaris roleclaimed without giving the name of his role. Just saying you are the "party host" is like the less risky claim you can do, especially in this setup. If you want to convince me you'll have to claim to be a character that makes at least a tiny bit of thematical sense and isnt counterclaimed.
-"Squanks can't be town because he's not part of the Kong family." This is very far-fetched in my opinion. If there is indeed a Squanks role it's much more likely to be part of the town than not, and even if there are more than enough Kong family roles to make up for twice of the amount of players we have in this setup most of them aren't as present in the franchise as Squanky is. While this doesn't confirm Nicki's roleclaim I think it was a bit of a weird argument to make.

[Eliminate] Alaris

I just saw this when I reread the rules:

Spoiler

In the case of a tie in votes, both persons will be lynched.

Lynching wrong could cause damage to the town because:

I. Lynching town!Nicki would allow Alaris to shoot a gun and kill another townie on top of the mafia kill.

II. Lynching town!Alaris would cause the day to be wasted and a town member (who could possibly roleblock the mafia kill by activitating his ability) be lynched.

Thus, the option below is an option that's open to us, especially to those who are undecided or unsure about their decision.

We lynch both by ensuring that the votes/vote value on them are tied.

It's not an optimal choice because:

I. Lynching town!Nicki removes an investigative role from play which could help in finding out player alignments

II. Lynching town!Alaris removes a mass roleblocker from play which could help stop one mafia kill from happening

III. We remove a possible one town

However, it's not entirely bad because:

I. It guarantees at least one mafia dead.

II. In the case that both are actually mafia bussing each other for town cred, we don't have to think about the possibility of this happening in the next day phases.

III. In the case that a cult does exist, we are able to know if 3 players are in the cult. Alaris and Nicki are whom we immediately know of, and Cass, by extension, because if we tie the votes, but don't end up with both dead, it's possible she's culted.

IV. We don't waste a day anymore if we lynch wrong and it caters to everyone's suspicions.

Going by this, I am suggesting that we attempt to lynch both. As of now, there are 6 votes against Alaris (counting Cass' as 2 because she's Donkey Kong) and 3 votes against Nicki.

1 minute ago, Walpurgis said:

Oof I missed the announcement and a whole day has gone by. I think in this Nicki vs Alaris and Dive situation I'm going to believe Nicki. I can't address everything that has been said but I feel like a lot of Alaris' and Dive's arguments overlooked obvious possibilities or were based on very eh things. 
Examples:

-I find weird that Alaris failed to account for the possibility of the mafia forfeiting their stab action or the stabber not being part of the mafia to begin with and while this was a very reasonable thing to think day 1, but at this point it's a bit questionable. There has been some talk about balance but I haven't seen anyone bring up how the mafia having a stabber and a factional kill at the same times totally nullifies the doctor's ability to stop their kills. There's no signs of a town vigilante so far, so it's much more likely that the stabber is a town role with the ability to kill. You failed to bring up the most likely possibility and I think that's very very very strange.

-Maybe I missed it but Alaris roleclaimed without giving the name of his role. Just saying you are the "party host" is like the less risky claim you can do, especially in this setup. If you want to convince me you'll have to claim to be a character that makes at least a tiny bit of thematical sense and isnt counterclaimed.
-"Squanks can't be town because he's not part of the Kong family." This is very far-fetched in my opinion. If there is indeed a Squanks role it's much more likely to be part of the town than not, and even if there are more than enough Kong family roles to make up for twice of the amount of players we have in this setup most of them aren't as present in the franchise as Squanky is. While this doesn't confirm Nicki's roleclaim I think it was a bit of a weird argument to make.

[Eliminate] Alaris

I think if the stabber and mafia kill were in conjunction with each other, it still does allow the doctor to stop their kills, but reasonably would guarantee one death. However, it's also possible that there are other ways to block the kill, like a Roleblocker, a Jailer, a Bulletproof, so it's not impossible to have both on the same team.

But if we consider the stabber as a town role, early on since D1, it's been an assumption by everyone that the stabber must be mafia and given Eric's statement about being a stabber, it's been injected in our minds that the stabber must be mafia aligned.

=====

He's Swanky Kong.

=====

The Kong family argument might be farfetched, but it makes sense if we consider that most of the dead Kong and alive people (who've name claimed) are Kongs. Even my role is a Kong, so it's not hard to imagine that.

• Global Mods

I just want to state that, from all games where one has been in, the Psychic report will list out three people, of which only one is mafia. Therefore, only either Alaris or myself will be Mafia. Granted, this game is kinda weird where people have had modified roles and such.

Whilst I'd usually favour the lynch tie early on in the game...it doesn't favour town. One of us is guaranteed town, the other is guaranteed Mafia. As I recall, we have 9 people left -- 3 mafia and 6 townies if there isn't a cult in play. 1 mafia (if Eric wasn't lying), a maximum of 3 cult members, and 5 townies left. Lynching both of us would get rid of one town and one mafia, which brings it down to 2 maf and 5 townies in play (without the cult -- if the cult is in play, that leaves 3 cult members against 4 townies).

Alaris probably has the upper hand by claiming Swanky Kong (which, I think, is a member of the Kong family), but I don't buy this. Like, at all. It's an easy thing to claim, especially if you know about Donkey Kong, which would give you more town credibility. But do you really want to risk lynching both of us when someone has claimed an investigative role (aka, the probable last person capable enough of finding out for definite what someone's alignment is)? Do you want to risk losing the investigative role? There probably isn't another one in this setup, which means you'd be lynching based off reads.

10 minutes ago, cicada said:

Whilst my claim etc. seems rather sketchy, I find it amusing that you'd try and deny a claim from a Cop - not only that, you also claim a role that roleblocks everyone (should people give you the chance to "prove" this).

This is exacly why there are people voting you. Your claim as cop has been way too convenient. I knew it seemed familiar, and now it struck me. Remember Jace's riddle mafia? At the end, Knightly claimed cop and made us town lynch a fellow townie. But who had the idea? Oh surprise-- you. And you admitted it at the end of the game. I guess you thought this time nobody would remember that?

14 minutes ago, cicada said:

It seems rather odd that both a Psychic report and a Cop report brings up that you're mafia and you're trying to deny that by claiming one of the most bizarre roles I've ever seen and haven't really seen much of in setups.

You seem to omit the fact that the Psychic also points at you, and that the Cop are yourself.

3 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

Examples:

[Eliminate] Alaris

I'll address your points:

1.1, I already answered Bok on why I think the maf giving up on their stab in N0 is unlikely. If I were maf, I wouldn't have wasted an opportunity to kill (or stab) in N0.

1.2. I agree in the fact that the presence of the maf kill and a stabber nullifies the doctor's capacity to prevent night kills. But, as I already said, a town roleblocker could balance this.

1.3. I don't think the stabber is either town or third party. If they're town, it means that they randomly stabbed somebody (me) in N0, which is clearly detrimental for the town. If they were the third party (that is, Amber), it would mean that he stabbed himself in N1, which seems equally unlikely.

2. You did miss it. I claimed Swanky Kong even before revealing what my role did.

3. The OP specifies that the town is the Kong family, I think it's crystal clear.

Just now, cicada said:

It's an easy thing to claim, especially if you know about Donkey Kong, which would give you more town credibility.

This is the second or third time you insist in my knowledge about donkey kong... I can assure I haven't played a single game. Ever.

• Global Mods

It's very cute that you'd go through old games just to try and make an effort to make you look more towny. You're making too much of an effort, honestly.

I could do the same and remind you of Birb Mafia, where I was Vigilante, and acted slightly suspicious so that mafia wouldn't kill me but not sus enough to get lynched. I killed 2 mafia in that game, one of which was someone brought up in a report where it was myself and two other people.

Do you notice a pattern?

12 minutes ago, cicada said:

I just want to state that, from all games where one has been in, the Psychic report will list out three people, of which only one is mafia. Therefore, only either Alaris or myself will be Mafia. Granted, this game is kinda weird where people have had modified roles and such.

Whilst I'd usually favour the lynch tie early on in the game...it doesn't favour town. One of us is guaranteed town, the other is guaranteed Mafia. As I recall, we have 9 people left -- 3 mafia and 6 townies if there isn't a cult in play. 1 mafia (if Eric wasn't lying), a maximum of 3 cult members, and 5 townies left. Lynching both of us would get rid of one town and one mafia, which brings it down to 2 maf and 5 townies in play (without the cult -- if the cult is in play, that leaves 3 cult members against 4 townies).

Alaris probably has the upper hand by claiming Swanky Kong (which, I think, is a member of the Kong family), but I don't buy this. Like, at all. It's an easy thing to claim, especially if you know about Donkey Kong, which would give you more town credibility. But do you really want to risk lynching both of us when someone has claimed an investigative role (aka, the probable last person capable enough of finding out for definite what someone's alignment is)? Do you want to risk losing the investigative role? There probably isn't another one in this setup, which means you'd be lynching based off reads.

I. Uh, I feel like everyone's been having this misconception: The Psychic in normal games does NOT list out three people; look it up in EM and a Psychic investigates one person to find their alignment.

This listing out three people is actually done by a Dreamer and in its description, "at least one of whom is mafia" is given.

II. We actually have 10 townies left. 

Estimates:

A. If the cult doesn't exist, we have 7 townies and 3 mafia. By lynching both, we have 6 townies (5 if one more dies in the next phase) and 2 mafia.

B. If the cult does exist and Eric's statement is true, we have 6 town, 1 mafia, and 3 cult. By lynching both (assuming one is town, the other is maf), we have 5 town, 0/1 mafia, and 2/3 cult. [Note: If there are 0 mafia, we do win]. 

IMO it's not that bad a choice, though not the perfect choice.

III. Mafia is essentially a game based on reads though. The existence of investigates just makes the game somewhat easier, but does not totally prevent a town from winning imo.

• Global Mods

I thought we had 9 members, my bad. Nobody mention that we've all been mixing Psychic and Dreamer up, though Cass got 3 people in the report she got... maybe Nano was the Dreamer after all?

In hindsight, I suppose it's not a bad decision, but if we have 2 or 3 mafia right now I'd like to try and stay alive so I could possibly help more. Granted, if I don't get lynched right now, I'm not expecting to survive past the next night phase.

I'm mostly worried since we don't know who, aside from Cass, has bananas (food) and we're running out of time to eliminate mafia. That's why I'd like to potentially stay alive so I can help eliminate mafia sooner.

Edited by cicada
Fixed minor errors.

20 minutes ago, cicada said:

It's very cute that you'd go through old games just to try and make an effort to make you look more towny. You're making too much of an effort, honestly.

I could do the same and remind you of Birb Mafia, where I was Vigilante, and acted slightly suspicious so that mafia wouldn't kill me but not sus enough to get lynched. I killed 2 mafia in that game, one of which was someone brought up in a report where it was myself and two other people.

Do you notice a pattern?

I do not, tbh

And do I make an effort? Of course I do. I won't die without fighting, especially when I know you're maf, and letting the town lynch me would waste them another day.

10 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

Estimates:

A. If the cult doesn't exist, we have 7 townies and 3 mafia. By lynching both, we have 6 townies (5 if one more dies in the next phase) and 2 mafia.

B. If the cult does exist and Eric's statement is true, we have 6 town, 1 mafia, and 3 cult. By lynching both (assuming one is town, the other is maf), we have 5 town, 0/1 mafia, and 2/3 cult. [Note: If there are 0 mafia, we do win]. 

IMO it's not that bad a choice, though not the perfect choice.

If you do want to make a tie, supposing the cult does not exist, you'll have to kill the two remaining scums without making any mistake.

End of D3: 6 townies + 2 mafia.

End of N3: 5 townies + 2 mafia.

End of D4 (if maf lynched): 5 townies + 1 mafia (if town lynched) : 4 townies + 2 mafia

End of N4: (if maf lynched D4): 4 townies + 1 mafia (if town lynched D4): 3 townies + 2 mafia (LYLO)

6 minutes ago, Alaris said:

If you do want to make a tie, supposing the cult does not exist, you'll have to kill the two remaining scums without making any mistake.

End of D3: 6 townies + 2 mafia.

End of N3: 5 townies + 2 mafia.

End of D4 (if maf lynched): 5 townies + 1 mafia (if town lynched) : 4 townies + 2 mafia

End of N4: (if maf lynched D4): 4 townies + 1 mafia (if town lynched D4): 3 townies + 2 mafia (LYLO)

Well you can make a mistake, I just noticed

To reflect the current vote count:

Alaris [6] - cicada, Newt, Bok, Cass (2), Lia
cicada [3] - Jason, Alaris, Hooky
Not voting [2] - L'Belle, Astra

Also, 

1 minute ago, Walpurgis said:

In the case of a tie the lynched person is selected randomly between the players tied with the most votes, only one is lynched. 

Rule #4 in the Opening Post of this game explicitly states that both players are lynched.

Doesn't Cass's vote count for two?
If Dive's count is correct, L'Belle and Astra's votes on you after that count mean 5 on you and 6 on Alaris. Taking my vote off Alaris and onto myself will leave 5 on you and 5 on Alaris.

Am I wrong? 

(sorry for double post but) This will also serve to check which of our many speculated situations are true, whether or not there is a cult, and whether or not Cass has lost her role

Unless of course you know already that only you'll be lynched even though the votes should add up to 5:5 (assuming Dive didn't mess up the vote count)