Seal

2 hours ago, andracass said:

omg bok you're my hero

my guardian angel

*ahem*

I agree with Lia's suspicions towards Dive, not just for defending Alaris but also getting the cop killed too, but if the role isn't counter-claimed we can worry about it later.

So, literally the only options for mafia left are L'Belle, Bean, and Newt, and I'm a bit doubtful about Newt being maf due to the early vote on Alaris though we've had enough surprises so far so I won't count it out

eliminate [Bean]

Why aren't you suspicious of Lia? Did she roleclaim somewhere and I missed it?

I think that the notion that I'm suspicious just because I haven't roleclaimed is a bit dumb. If you really want me to claim then I will, but the more we roleclaim the more likely are the remaining mafia members to be able to choose a role that isn't in the game. As I already said last phase there are more than enough Kong family characters to make up for twice the players in this setup, if everyone roleclaims one of these we are as clueless as we would be with no roleclaims at all. 

3 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

I think that the notion that I'm suspicious just because I haven't roleclaimed is a bit dumb. If you really want me to claim then I will, but the more we roleclaim the more likely are the remaining mafia members to be able to choose a role that isn't in the game. As I already said last phase there are more than enough Kong family characters to make up for twice the players in this setup, if everyone roleclaims one of these we are as clueless as we would be with no roleclaims at all. 

It's not about roleclaiming or not. Cass said it in a way you are confirmed town, where there's nothing really to confirm that. That's why I asked why she was sure you couldnt be one.

3 minutes ago, andracass said:

She's not confirmed town and definitely mafia.

I mean, if you are going to use sarcasm as an argument instead of trying to explain what you know to change other people's ideas why even have the work to play mafia? You know, not everyone is a genius that know everything about the game

Where are these votes for Bean coming from? Considering that the only ones left who haven't claimed are Bean, L'Belle, Newt, and Lia, I can see the possibility that Bean is mafia, but I'm not sure where the progression is for that vote, especially Lia's, which IMO seems to be just a BW vote.

Vote Counts:

Spoiler

DAY 1

Astra - Hooky
L'Belle - L'Belle, cass (2)
Jace - Jace, Nano4, Eric, Digital Amber
Eric - Bok Choi
Nano - Alaris
Hooky - LykosHand, Astra

DAY 2

Astra - *Hooky, *Alaris, *Cass, *L'Belle, *Cicada, *Lykos
Eric - Jason, Bok, Cass, Amber, Alaris, Lykos, Newt, Astra, Cicada, L'Belle
Cicada - Lia
Lykos - *Newt, Eric
Alaris - Hooky

DAY 3

Alaris [5] - cicada, Newt, Cass (2), Lia
cicada [5] - Jason, Alaris, Hooky, L'Belle, Astra
Bok [1] - Bok

Out of the four, however, I'm inclined to trust Newt the most because he has felt like a proactive town in previous days. Lia, on the other hand, has been voting the correct people, but has only appeared barely (mostly near the end of the phases in previous days) in thread and hasn't given much new contribution. I'm not really sure where to place Bean because he hasn't been particularly strong with his stands, particularly in the previous 2 day phases, and that is grounds for suspicion. With L'Belle, I don't really feel any presence from them at all other than voting and going along with other people are saying. 

Thus, for now, I'd like to put a pressure vote on Belle.

[Unvote] Bok

[Vote] L'Belle

I don't have a solid reason to vote bean. I don't think L'Belle has been doing anything out of the usual, he never posts or contributes a lot so I don't find his lack of involvement to be enough proof of anything.

5 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

I don't have a solid reason to vote bean. I don't think L'Belle has been doing anything out of the usual, he never posts or contributes a lot so I don't find his lack of involvement to be enough proof of anything.

Why are you voting Bean then? Also, what are your thoughts on the other players?

I'm voting bean by process of elimination. We tend to ignore him and leave him to his own devices but we no longer have a cop because *someone* pushed for a tie, so with no other way of knowing if bean is on the town's side or not and him being the player I think to be most likely to be mafia I want to get him out of the way. I also find him to be particularly hard to read and unlikely to respond to pressure votes (meaning that, yes, unless L'Belle's response changes anything this will probably be my definitive vote for the day). 

2. L'Belle - Not a lot to go off of, as usual. Neither town nor scumlean.
4. andracass - Donkey Kong - Confirmed town.
6. Hooky - See above.
7. Astra125 - Cass confirmed their ability to give items, the item didnt malfunction. 
8. Newt - I can't really rationalize it but based on his overall behavior I have a slight townlean. 
13. Jason Grace - Still a bit suspicious, but roleclaim is uncontested for now so there's that. 
15. Bok Choi - Without a doc role it wouldn't make a lot of sense how many times the mafia has failed to kill anyone/how they havent killed Cass yet knowing she's a good player, confirmed town and the mayor. 

• Veterans

I'm going to do this too.

In order from town to not town:

Astra: Basically confirmed that he gave me a gun before I mentioned it. Is either claiming correctly or has a mafia role that lets him see when people visit each other. Was also stabbed.*

Newt: Not really a lot of evidence to confirm town, but could've easily last-second switched vote off of alaris to break the tie if he was mafia. 

Bok: Believable claim given the complete lack of deaths, but also implies mafia has literally only been attempting a kill on either him or I since killing nano N1, which itself seems a little weird.

Lia: Similar to newt- inclined toward town given the Alaris vote, but seems to have been...kind of distant from the game in general. definitely was ready to vote you before this post.

Bean: Has been chatty while not very contributory. 

L'Belle: Has been absent from most of the game, which is pretty weird given the amount of activity we've seen. Has been similarly absent in other games when mafia.

Jason: Roleclaimed. Not believing that Alaris was stabbed seems more like a convenient afterthought to disregarding purp's roleclaim as cop and being instrumental in the tie lynch. Also attempted a block on Lia for her vote on Purp after I stated that Purp was a potential mafia candidate. Claim is either a lie or behavior is incredibly inconsistent throughout the game, which itself would be suspicious. Not worth the risk.

[Unvote] Bean

[Eliminate] Dive

*Stabbing seems to only work every other night, unless bok and I were targeted on the same night, in which case y'all need to cut that shit out.

After rereading some of the previous statements, here are some of the things I learned:

(1) Assuming Bok is the real doctor (which I believe is likely to be true), Lia would be most definitely town because I do not think there are other roles which could have prevented the kill from happening on Night Zero.

(2) The mafia-aligned stabber may be limitied to perform their ability only every other night. Based from the previous day phases, here are the information given:

D1: Alaris said he was stabbed (a lie)

D2: Amber said he was stabbed (likely true, was unprotected and died); possible for Cass or Bok to have been targeted instead

D3: No one said they were stabbed

D4: Astra said she was stabbed (likely true)

7 minutes ago, andracass said:

Jason: Roleclaimed. Not believing that Alaris was stabbed seems more like a convenient afterthought to disregarding purp's roleclaim as cop and being instrumental in the tie lynch. Also attempted a block on Lia for her vote on Purp after I stated that Purp was a potential mafia candidate. Claim is either a lie or behavior is incredibly inconsistent throughout the game, which itself would be suspicious. Not worth the risk.

[Unvote] Bean

[Eliminate] Dive

What does the bolded text mean?

1 minute ago, andracass said:

You blocked Alaris out of a suspicion that he was lying about the stab, but then defended him and orchestrated a tie when it was clear that either he or purp was going to get lynched.

I blocked Alaris the night Jace was lynched though? As I said earlier, when I asked Seal about the mafia kill, he said he was not allowed to tell if the kill was factional or done by a single member. As such, I hypothesized that the kill was done by faction because it would be weird "not being allowed to tell"  if the mafia kill was done by a single person (as it's the usual for mafia games here). Because of this, I was inclined to trust him more the incoming 2 phases after.

• Veterans

It makes no sense that seal's explanation would lift your suspicions of him if you thought he was lying about being stabbed in the first place. You also said you asked Seal N0, meaning that you already had that information on the night you blocked Alaris.

8 minutes ago, andracass said:

It makes no sense that seal's explanation would lift your suspicions of him if you thought he was lying about being stabbed in the first place. You also said you asked Seal N0, meaning that you already had that information on the night you blocked Alaris.

Yeah, I thought he was lying about being stabbed in the first place, and so, I blocked him (all the while thinking the mafia kill was faction-based). Because I blocked him and Nano still died, I was inclined to think that he could have been stabbed genuinely. Additionally, Amber was also stabbed on that day, so the chances of being stabbed genuinely was more likely.

Also, you're trying to say that my suspicions were lifted simply because of Seal's explanation, when in fact, it wasn't. Other factors such as the level of his contribution during the previous days and his willingness to participate in the discussion made me more inclined to believe in him. His explanations were also reasonable to a certain extent.

[Unvote] Bean
[Eliminate] Dive

And before anyone asks about the sudden change: I lied about Bean being the player I'm most suspicious of, I just thought it was going to be way too hard to convince people of lynching Dive after his roleclaim and I wanted to lay low to avoid getting killed before being able to use the gun I got last night.

Kill-blocker is a convenient ability to claim, from the towns perspective it can't be demonstrated that this role exists at all (the only kill not performed by mafia was Cass using her gun as far as I'm aware) + the fact that the roles in this game have custom abilities means that it could potentially be a thing, but it also means that a role can be more or less easily made up and it's somewhat unlikely that it'd overlap with an existent one (esp given how unconventional this one is). You could say choosing a character was kind of taking a gamble, but it was a necessary one: in the position he was he would have had a very hard time avoiding being lynched had he not roleclaimed like he did. (Also Alaris did it too last day phase and no one contested his claim, maybe they have figured out something regarding the characters included in this game that we have not? or maybe it's just luck)

In summary, his actions last day phase are way too scummy and his roleclaim could easily be a faked one.

I don't see the point in keeping my role secret anymore, so I'll just make it public before anyone asks. I'm Dixie Kong, once in the game I can stir up trouble during the night to cause two people to be lynched instead of one next day phase but doing so reveals my identity. Dixie is one of the most relevant characters in DK, so it'd be weird if it wasn't a role in this game. Even if my ability can't be proven to be true I think that my character being uncontested will be enough proof.

49 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

[Unvote] Bean
[Eliminate] Dive

And before anyone asks about the sudden change: I lied about Bean being the player I'm most suspicious of, I just thought it was going to be way too hard to convince people of lynching Dive after his roleclaim and I wanted to lay low to avoid getting killed before being able to use the gun I got last night.

Kill-blocker is a convenient ability to claim, from the towns perspective it can't be demonstrated that this role exists at all (the only kill not performed by mafia was Cass using her gun as far as I'm aware) + the fact that the roles in this game have custom abilities means that it could potentially be a thing, but it also means that a role can be more or less easily made up and it's somewhat unlikely that it'd overlap with an existent one (esp given how unconventional this one is). You could say choosing a character was kind of taking a gamble, but it was a necessary one: in the position he was he would have had a very hard time avoiding being lynched had he not roleclaimed like he did. (Also Alaris did it too last day phase and no one contested his claim, maybe they have figured out something regarding the characters included in this game that we have not? or maybe it's just luck)

In summary, his actions last day phase are way too scummy and his roleclaim could easily be a faked one.

Not really. It can easily be demonstrated from a town's perspective through the use of the guns provided by Astra. And one way I can suggest is by giving a gun either Bok or Cass (safer with Cass). Bok protects Cass (essentially protecting them both) and Cass shoots me. I attempt to stop the gun from shooting me.

Exactly what actions last day phase are scummy? I've given my explanation on why I defended Alaris, and I don't think any townie really makes perfect decisions all the time on their stand.

The arguments against Dive are strong.
However I would like to say that his roleclaim is very much still uncontested, even though he said exactly which Kong he was.
IMO Tiny Kong seems to be a big enough Kong (pun kind of intended) to be a role in this game, and I find it difficult to think of any reason not to counterclaim if there is a real Tiny Kong that's not Dive.
I think my vote is gonna go [Eliminate] L'Belle since I might not be able to post again before the phase change.