Seal

• Global Mods

Alright, guess what? My name is Squawks and I am the town aligned role cop. I visited Alaris and found out that he is part of the Kemling Krew. The problem with this? Eric stated there was one left, with another one being culted. We need to find the cult leader, because town will soon be outnumbered (I think it’s actually day 3. I visited Cass N0, Amber N1 - he got culted between N0 and N1 btw, and Alaris N2? So that’d leave us with 9 people left: 1 mafia according to Eric, 3 cultists with the death of Amber, 5 townies). With this info, we lynch Alaris today and hopefully we have enough time to find and lynch the cult leader before the famine kicks in! There’s also the offchance that Amber was the cult leader btw, but I’m unsure since he’s the only one who died.

I am choosing to reveal myself now because Eric stated there was only one mafia member since the other got culted.

[eliminate] Alaris.

Astra [0] - Hooky, Alaris, Cass, L'Belle, Cicada, Lykos
Eric [10, total value 11]- Jason, Bok, Cass, Amber, Alaris, Lykos, Newt, Astra, Cicada, L'Belle
Cicada [1] - Lia
Lykos [1] - Newt, Eric
Alaris [1] - Hooky

These were the votes from yesterday.

I'll share my thoughts in a moment.

5 minutes ago, cicada said:

Alright, guess what? My name is Squawks and I am the town aligned role cop. I visited Alaris and found out that he is part of the Kemling Krew. The problem with this? Eric stated there was one left, with another one being culted. We need to find the cult leader, because town will soon be outnumbered (I think it’s actually day 3. I visited Cass N0, Amber N1 - he got culted between N0 and N1 btw, and Alaris N2? So that’d leave us with 9 people left: 1 mafia according to Eric, 3 cultists with the death of Amber, 5 townies). With this info, we lynch Alaris today and hopefully we have enough time to find and lynch the cult leader before the famine kicks in! There’s also the offchance that Amber was the cult leader btw, but I’m unsure since he’s the only one who died.

I am choosing to reveal myself now because Eric stated there was only one mafia member since the other got culted.

[eliminate] Alaris.

I don't know why, but I find myself suspecting you more because of this post.

First, you're the town aligned "role" cop, but you're just saying that Alaris is a part of the Kremling Krew, insteaf of telling us what his "role" is supposed to be.

Two, you're believing a mafia's statement of all things. I remember you've deceived others as mafia too, so I don't know why you're suddenly trusting his statement, when for all we know, he lied and made up things.

Third, your choices for investigations are really convenient because you don't have to tell us what the role of those two you also investigated are.

Fourth, how do we know a cult exists? We only "know" that because of what Lykos and Eric said, but from what they said, I'm not convinced that it's the objective truth. 

For now, I think you're mafia. [Eliminate] cicada

• Global Mods

I’m not exactly a ‘role’ cop, I just know their identity. Alaris is Krusha btw. I’m not sure what else to say, I’m being honest. I’ve never played Donkey Kong in my life and have only looked up myself since I wanted to know who they were. I knew Donkey and Diddy but nobody else. You can trust me or you can’t, but either way if we don’t lynch Alaris today, town will lose definitely.

4 minutes ago, cicada said:

I’m not exactly a ‘role’ cop, I just know their identity. Alaris is Krusha btw. I’m not sure what else to say, I’m being honest. I’ve never played Donkey Kong in my life and have only looked up myself since I wanted to know who they were. I knew Donkey and Diddy but nobody else. You can trust me or you can’t, but either way if we don’t lynch Alaris today, town will lose definitely.

Hmm, fair. Did Amber's identity register as Kalimba or not when you investigated him?

Also, if this would be true, this would mean that Alaris lied about being stabbed, as well as, Amber and they conspired about it. However, what makes me doubt your claim is your voting pattern and behavior last day phase as it has been giving me scummy vibes with your bw vote on Astra and lack of constructive contribution.

Wait a moment. There is not any cult, and it should be obvious by now. In the OP, Seal said that there was only one single third party. And today it was confirmed it was Amber (he was not a Kong, and therefore not Town). Had he been the cult leader, he would've possibly culted 2-3 people right now, who would have appeared dead today. So, first, I think we can conclude Eric lied (which is not surprising at all), and there has never been a cult in this game. That, or Amber was extremely unlucky and got roleblocked every single night. I'm inclined to go for the no cult option, which leaves the question: what did Amber's role actually do?

Then, I think that it's worth reevaluating the rest of Eric's remarks. Apparently, he was the stabber: I assume no-one got stabbed tonight, right? Amber probably died from the wound, so I assume no mafia kill tonight either? This, or Amber was never bleeding, and the Mafia got rid of him tonight for some reason. Moreover, if there is no cult, there are THREE scums around, not just one, as Eric said.

On Lykos' case: it's now evident that he must have been telling the truth yesterday, but I have never received a banana (I just confirmed it with Seal, I DO NOT have any bananas). Maybe there's a Mafia role that intercepts them or something? If so, we should be really cautious. The people having bananas should definitely not say it, because they'll be the maf targets. I'm assuming, btw, that Lykos was killed by Cass, right?

2 minutes ago, cicada said:

Okay, on this: I see little point in revealing the maf's name, cause -obviously- nobody can or will counterclaim it, if it were a lie. Your three targets seem way too convenient: Cass, the confirmed town, Amber, the confirmed third party and me. It is an odd trick, but I believe you might be Mafia because:

1. You base part of your reasoning on Eric's (fake) remarks. You want to lead town into believing there's only one mafia left (me), so they lynch me without much thinking. However, if at the end of the day I turn out to be town, you'll be surely lynched tomorrow, so I don't really understand what you want to achieve by this.

2. In the OP, Seal said that the town were the Kong family and yet, you claim to be Squawks, a parrot that, albeit part of the 'good guys', is not Kong. That is conveniently a very good claim, since nobody would possibly counterclaim it (because town are all Kongs, according to Seal's OP). So you (or any of your maf partners) picked that role for you as the safest roleclaim. Additionally, the fact that you insist so much on having no idea about these characters makes me think my theory is right.

And therefore, I think it's clear: [Eliminate] cicada

• Global Mods

I wanted to keep myself on the low since I know that once I reveal, I’m a big target. I wanted to not be so obvious. Amber came up as Kalimba, yes. I’m being honest! I get that it’s kinda scummy that I’d come clean now, but it’s crucial. I am Squawks, the Cop. If I was mafia, I’d have claimed Cop from the start. That’s my common tactic. I wouldn’t leave it this late to claim if I was mafia.

I legit have no idea about any of the characters, so I googled my own to make sure which alignment I had (since I didn’t get a mafia chat invite and was confused whether I was town or third party).

Amber was a part of the Tiki Tak tribe, was he not? I googled info about that when I got told he was Kalimba, and guess what? It’s a tribe that recruits people. Kalimba was the ‘leader’ of said tribe, allegedly. That’s the reason I think there was a cult. It’s just odd that he was the only one who died. I can’t think of any other role he could be.

Anyway, if you lynch me today then town will probably lose. You’ll see that I am town and then you can lynch Alaris the day after if you have enough time. The famine has started, which means we probably will not have enough time (since we’re not sure who got food and who didn’t). Trust in me, I promise Alaris is mafia.

@cicada

I have a few questions:

1. Why did you investigate Alaris last night? Also, why Amber and Cass, as well?

2. Why would you claim as Mafia at the start? That's basically suicide. Also, why would you be a Cop when we have a Psychic already who works similarly? 

3. If Kalimba was the leader of said tribe, would it not be reason enough for them to be the cult leader if there really was a cult?

4. Why did you change your statement from being a role cop to just a cop?

@Alaris

I have some questions too:

1. What Kong are you? (The name of your character)

2. How were you notified about being stabbed? How were you notified about being healed? (Simply paraphrase)

3. What do you think Amber's role was?

=====

I have some information that could help the town, but I'll reveal it after you answer these questions.

Also @andracass how were you able to receive information from Nano?

• Global Mods

1. I investigated Alaris because of Cass’ report from Nano. I had a feeling she’d shoot Lykos, so I thought the most logical thing would be to go for Alaris so that we didn’t have the same target (therefore me wasting a night action). I can’t visit myself so...

2. It’s stuff I’ve done before that’s worked in the past (remember that game on PC where I claimed Cop and so did you?). I’m not really sure why we’d have both Psychic and Cop, maybe balance reasons? I don’t know... I honestly can’t answer that.

3. I’m honestly not sure. I felt that Amber was the leader of the cult, but maybe it works differently in this game. We’ve already had different things like Cass being basically a Mayor with a gun...

4. I changed my statement since role cop was not entirely accurate, it was honestly poor wording on my part. I don’t exactly find out their role, but I can find out which character they are and what their alignment is.

I know that the original post says the town consists of the Kong family, but I don’t know who is in the Kong family... is it not possible Squawks is their pet parrot or something..? Surely those who are town would be able to clarify if they’re not a Kong but are town.

• Global Mods

Oof 2nd post since I forgot that there was a second part to your first question (sorry!).

I investigated Cass at the start since it’s hard to read her and I wanted to make sure. Amber kind of rubbed me off the wrong way during day 1, so I investigated him out of curiosity. I had nothing to go off on N0 so it’s unfortunate that Cass was basically the important role.

Edited by cicada
Minor spelling fixes.

28 minutes ago, cicada said:

If I was mafia, I’d have claimed Cop from the start. That’s my common tactic. I wouldn’t leave it this late to claim if I was mafia.

This tactic wouldn't work. Like at all. If you claim cop and you don't appear dead in the two following days, chances are that you're mafia. That's the usual case, at least.

29 minutes ago, cicada said:

Amber was a part of the Tiki Tak tribe, was he not? I googled info about that when I got told he was Kalimba, and guess what? It’s a tribe that recruits people. Kalimba was the ‘leader’ of said tribe, allegedly. That’s the reason I think there was a cult. It’s just odd that he was the only one who died. I can’t think of any other role he could be.

Yeah I agree, but Seal specifically said: "Digital Amber is dead, he was Kalimba from the Tiki Tak Tribe, the unknown third party". So Amber was the only third party. Unless he hadn't recruited anybody, he wasn't the cult leader. And moreover, saying all this info now it's very easy for you (and anyone else), since it's public domain...

31 minutes ago, cicada said:

Anyway, if you lynch me today then town will probably lose. You’ll see that I am town and then you can lynch Alaris the day after if you have enough time. The famine has started, which means we probably will not have enough time (since we’re not sure who got food and who didn’t). Trust in me, I promise Alaris is mafia.

I didn't quite get why you claimed cop right away, but now I do. Of course, according to Nano's report, either you or me are maf. Therefore, the one that's maf can only buy time lynching the other. And that's what you're trying to do. Basically, you're claiming a redundant role (let's not forget Nano was already an informative role) with a weird character (not a Kong, actually) because you have nothing to lose. If you don't lynch me today, we'll lynch you, it's this simple. And if you do manage to get me lynched, you'll be the one to die tomorrow, as my alignment will be more than clear by then. So, in any case, claiming cop is a decent last-resort strategy.

12 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

I have some questions too:

1. What Kong are you? (The name of your character)

2. How were you notified about being stabbed? How were you notified about being healed? (Simply paraphrase)

3. What do you think Amber's role was?

1. Swanky Kong (do I have to tell you how it works?).

2. "You are now bleeding". "You have been healed".

3. No idea. But I don't think a cult leader is possible. At this point, he could've been anything. Perhaps the banana thief? idk

12 minutes ago, cicada said:

2. It’s stuff I’ve done before that’s worked in the past (remember that game on PC where I claimed Cop and so did you?). I’m not really sure why we’d have both Psychic and Cop, maybe balance reasons? I don’t know... I honestly can’t answer that.

I know that the original post says the town consists of the Kong family, but I don’t know who is in the Kong family... is it not possible Squawks is their pet parrot or something..? Surely those who are town would be able to clarify if they’re not a Kong but are town.

On #2, that game was the only example. As far as I remember, you claimed to bait the actual cop. However, you've been mafia several times here and in other sites, and I don't recall you employing such a tactic in any other game. 

Moreover, I do think you know that it's not that good balance to have these two roles in the same game together unless there are other roles that could balance it, and I don't think that's the case.

The last bolded statement sounds like you're unsure about your role character even though you apparently did some searches on the characters of Donkey Kong.

11 minutes ago, cicada said:

Oof 2nd post since I forgot that there was a second part to your first question (sorry!).

I investigated Cass at the start since it’s hard to read her and I wanted to make sure. Amber kind of rubbed me off the wrong way during day 1, so I investigated him out of curiosity. I had nothing to go off on N0 so it’s unfortunate that Cass was basically the important role.

Elaborate how Amber "rubbed you off the wrong way." It seems like such a general statement coming from you.

7 minutes ago, Alaris said:

This tactic wouldn't work. Like at all. If you claim cop and you don't appear dead in the two following days, chances are that you're mafia. That's the usual case, at least.

Yeah I agree, but Seal specifically said: "Digital Amber is dead, he was Kalimba from the Tiki Tak Tribe, the unknown third party". So Amber was the only third party.

So, in any case, claiming cop is a decent last-resort strategy.

I agree with the bolded statements. Also, I just realized that the wording "the unknown third party" indicates that there's only one third party. If there were more such as in the case of a cult, it would have been "a third party" or simply "third party."

====

With both of you answering my questions, here's stuff I know.

1. On night zero, I targeted Digital Amber with my ability. My action failed. This may or may not be related to his role, or the existence of other specific roles that could lead to a failed action.

2. The Cat Lady (still unsure if it's a Cat Lady because it wasn't stated, only that someone knocked on my door) tried to visit, but I didn't let them in. This means this role is still alive and active.

3. This is the win condition of town as stated in the Opening Post:

"The Townsfolk/The Kong Family - The good folk, they win by killing all mafia/Kremling Krew members. This faction consists of 10 members."

I've confirmed it with Seal that the Town only needs to kill the mafia, not the Third Party. This means the existence of a cult is less likely or impossible (or if it does exist, it doesn't necessarily harm the town; unlikely however). It's more likely that the Third Party is non-hostile and would not harm/can win with the town.

• Global Mods

Well, you’ll see when I die and come up as town (since I was told I was town and therefore I believe that’s what I am.).

You can vote Alaris tomorrow if I show up as town. I don’t have much experience with Donkey Kong, Alaris probably has more experience with it than I do, so Alaris is making it easier for Mafia to win.

If there’s no cult in this game, then Dive is mafia alongside Alaris. Both of them seem to want to get rid of the person who claimed cop. I have nothing else I can say to defend myself because I have nothing else to say. I can’t defend myself. It’s up to the rest of you to decide, but when I show up as Sqwarks and show up as green you guys know who to lynch next. 

45 minutes ago, Jason Grace said:

I agree with the bolded statements. Also, I just realized that the wording "the unknown third party" indicates that there's only one third party. If there were more such as in the case of a cult, it would have been "a third party" or simply "third party."

@Seal Can you like, clarify this?

1 hour ago, Alaris said:

. "You are now bleeding". "You have been healed"

If you have been noticed by those exactly words, why did you say you get stabbed? There are a lot of ways to bleed Alaris.

2 hours ago, Alaris said:

I just assumed I had got stabbed. What are those "other ways to bleed"?

Spoiler

Causes

Bleeding arises due to either traumatic injury, underlying medical condition, or a combination.

Traumatic injury

Traumatic bleeding is caused by some type of injury. There are different types of wounds which may cause traumatic bleeding. These include:

• Abrasion - Also called a graze, this is caused by transverse action of a foreign object against the skin, and usually does not penetrate below the epidermis.
  • Excoriation - In common with Abrasion, this is caused by mechanical destruction of the skin, although it usually has an underlying medical cause.
  • Hematoma - Caused by damage to a blood vessel that in turn causes blood to collect under the skin.
  • Laceration - Irregular wound caused by blunt impact to soft tissue overlying hard tissue or tearing such as in childbirth. In some instances, this can also be used to describe an incision.
  • Incision - A cut into a body tissue or organ, such as by a scalpel, made during surgery.
  • Puncture Wound - Caused by an object that penetrated the skin and underlying layers, such as a nail, needle or knife.
  • Contusion - Also known as a bruise, this is a blunt trauma damaging tissue under the surface of the skin.
  • Crushing Injuries - Caused by a great or extreme amount of force applied over a period of time. The extent of a crushing injury may not immediately present itself.
  • Ballistic Trauma - Caused by a projectile weapon such as a firearm. This may include two external wounds (entry and exit) and a contiguous wound between the two.

The pattern of injury, evaluation and treatment will vary with the mechanism of the injury. Blunt trauma causes injury via a shock effect; delivering energy over an area. Wounds are often not straight and unbroken skin may hide significant injury. Penetrating trauma follows the course of the injurious device. As the energy is applied in a more focused fashion, it requires less energy to cause significant injury. Any body organ, including bone and brain, can be injured and bleed. Bleeding may not be readily apparent; internal organs such as the liver, kidney and spleen may bleed into the abdominal cavity. The only apparent signs may come with blood loss. Bleeding from a bodily orifice, such as the rectum, nose, or ears may signal internal bleeding, but cannot be relied upon. Bleeding from a medical procedure also falls into this category.

Medical condition

"Medical bleeding" denotes hemorrhage as a result of an underlying medical condition (i.e. causes of bleeding that are not directly due to trauma). Blood can escape from blood vessels as a result of 3 basic patterns of injury:

The underlying scientific basis for blood clotting and hemostasis is discussed in detail in the articles, coagulation, hemostasis and related articles. The discussion here is limited to the common practical aspects of blood clot formation which manifest as bleeding.

Some medical conditions can also make patients susceptible to bleeding. These are conditions that affect the normal hemostatic (bleeding-control) functions of the body. Such conditions either are, or cause, bleeding diatheses. Hemostasis involves several components. The main components of the hemostatic system include platelets and the coagulation system.

Platelets are small blood components that form a plug in the blood vessel wall that stops bleeding. Platelets also produce a variety of substances that stimulate the production of a blood clot. One of the most common causes of increased bleeding risk is exposure to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The prototype for these drugs is aspirin, which inhibits the production of thromboxane. NSAIDs inhibit the activation of platelets, and thereby increase the risk of bleeding. The effect of aspirin is irreversible; therefore, the inhibitory effect of aspirin is present until the platelets have been replaced (about ten days). Other NSAIDs, such as "ibuprofen" (Motrin) and related drugs, are reversible and therefore, the effect on platelets is not as long-lived.

There are several named coagulation factors that interact in a complex way to form blood clots, as discussed in the article on coagulation. Deficiencies of coagulation factors are associated with clinical bleeding. For instance, deficiency of Factor VIII causes classic hemophilia A while deficiencies of Factor IX cause "Christmas disease"(hemophilia B). Antibodies to Factor VIII can also inactivate the Factor VII and precipitate bleeding that is very difficult to control. This is a rare condition that is most likely to occur in older patients and in those with autoimmune diseases. Another common bleeding disorder is Von Willebrand disease. It is caused by a deficiency or abnormal function of the "Von Willebrand" factor, which is involved in platelet activation. Deficiencies in other factors, such as factor XIII or factor VII are occasionally seen, but may not be associated with severe bleeding and are not as commonly diagnosed.

In addition to NSAID-related bleeding, another common cause of bleeding is that related to the medication, warfarin ("Coumadin" and others). This medication needs to be closely monitored as the bleeding risk can be markedly increased by interactions with other medications. Warfarin acts by inhibiting the production of Vitamin K in the gut. Vitamin K is required for the production of the clotting factors, II, VII, IX, and X in the liver. One of the most common causes of warfarin-related bleeding is taking antibiotics. The gut bacteria make vitamin K and are killed by antibiotics. This decreases vitamin K levels and therefore the production of these clotting factors.

Deficiencies of platelet function may require platelet transfusion while deficiencies of clotting factors may require transfusion of either fresh frozen plasma or specific clotting factors, such as Factor VIII for patients with hemophilia.

Also can someone remind me why the fuck are we lynching the cop while Alaris didn't really do anything helpful to us

This entire argument between Nicki, Dive and Alaris kinda reeks of something, and I agree wholeheartedly with Bean.
All the points made above seem to point to both Dive and Alaris being somewhat scummy, whether it be maf or cult (I think they're more likely cultists but more on why later).
Let me explain why I got this vibe.

Most of the discussion lately hinges on two key posts: 1, Eric's post last day revealing members of his team had been culted, and 2, Nicki's roleclaim and subsequent vote on Alaris. 
Addressing Eric first, the question is whether or not he's telling the truth. I think he is. Eric would really only have one reason to lie, which is to mislead us from the number of maf members still alive. But making us think there are less maf members than are actually alive is not so useful. If we play intelligently, the number of maf left over wouldn't matter as long as we consider all possibilities, not to mention we'd find out the truth as soon as the next mafia dies. 
IMO there's no good reason why Eric would lie about that.

Also keep in mind the first person to bring up the cult in the first place was Lykos. Lykos, as the 'banana giver' would be even less likely to lie about the existence of a cult, regardless of how he knew about it. (If he didn't know there was a cult, I heavily doubt he would blatantly lie saying there is one).

Nicki's roleclaim as a non-Kong character doesn't help her case, but let's assume she's lying about the roleclaim for the sake of argument.
Her blatant claim gets Alaris lynched today, and then what? She's killed at night by a vig, or best case scenario she's lynched the next day. Even if Eric is lying and there are still two or three maf members left, Nicki's claim would still be an eye-for-an-eye situation, and would be a terrible mafia strategy. (Keep in mind if Eric is lying about a cult, the town still outnumbers maf by enough that Nicki's strategy would not guarantee a win).
So, assuming Nicki is telling the truth about the roleclaim, it's quite telling that the only people who argue against her vehemently deny that the cult exists. Are both Dive and Alaris culted? Are only one of them culted? I might need to sit on that thought and see responses before I decide. 
(Alaris mentions other cult members should have died, but in a closed setup, this might not be the case. I know for one that my role is definitely modified from existing traditional roles)

I want to as @cicada some questions though to clear this up maybe
1. Do you see Third Parties as town, maf, or third parties
2. And do you know whether your investigation happens before or after the cult recruits someone (Assuming there is a cult).

Of course there's one more possibility that was brought up, which is that Nicki is a culted Mafia trying to bring down Alaris. Also very possible, but this post is running really long so I'll say that this leaves Dive as an innocent town, Alaris as Eric's last remaining maf, and Nicki as a cult member. Not a whole lot of evidence for this, but it's a possibility.

I also want to add I did like 2 minutes of research about the donkey kong characters, and the character that Amber died as, Kalimba, is only a Tiki Tribe miniboss. I find it doubtful that Seal would include a Tiki miniboss and not the Final Tiki boss of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Just saying. This points to Kongs being turned into Tikis upon being culted, and that in fact, Amber IS NOT THE LEADER OF THE CULT

• Global Mods

@Bok Choi

1. The information I get tells me who they are. For Cass' case, I was only told that she was Donkey Kong (since it's obvious she's part of town), but I was told Amber was Kalimba from the Tiki Tak tribe. Since there wasn't anything that this could match up to, I automatically assumed he was third party, so I thought it was possible he was the cult leader. I got told Alaris was Krusha from the Kremlin Krew.

2. I'm not sure about action priority, but I assume that investigations happen before everything except for culting and healing/roleblocking. This would mean that Amber was picked N0 or N1 (if he is not the cult leader) if my thoughts are correct. This assumption is based off previous games, so I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate here.

I get that this seems kind of scummy, but honestly I'm trying to help town by saying what I found out.