Phoenix Wright: Ace Mafia (Game over! Mafia wins!)

L'Belle

9 minutes ago, Alaris said:

... huh

Well, let's get to work.

Did somebody receive a message from the penguin? Maybe Alistair was able to send it before he was killed... since the person receiving it won't necessarily become a target, I'd suggest them to share it here with everybody, unless it reveals any information that may make town vulnerable.

Also... two kills. One is probably from the mafia but... what about the other? 

i'm assuming if we don't got a Vigilante then if Bobby Fulbright is in the game that he would be a 3rd party Assassin, if it was a Vigilante then we have to consider who is most likely to be that type of individual of all the possible characters.

Just now, Lord Drakyle said:

i'm assuming if we don't got a Vigilante then if Bobby Fulbright is in the game that he would be a 3rd party Assassin, if it was a Vigilante then we have to consider who is most likely to be that type of individual of all the possible characters.

By "characters", do you mean roles or players?

16 minutes ago, Alaris said:

Also... two kills. One is probably from the mafia but... what about the other? 

Neither of them can visit someone so they couldn't have died to a role like that. Maybe there is some third party member that killed Crimsondragon/Detective Gumshoe indirectly by sabotaging the templer meeting in some way?

12 minutes ago, Alaris said:

By "characters", do you mean roles or players?

by characters i mean the actual characters, it's easier to ask people to make note of who their character is than asking for their roles and i doubt the characters themselves would be hidden information unless there was a role in the game that identified them specifically, also knowing the characters who might fit the role of someone who could have performed the second kill helps us narrow down possibilities of what to expect. Also if Ali sent out any information it could be important so yes that's something worth knowing and i never considered a granny role but it makes sense, that said here is what we know so far:

* We have more than just mafia able to kill people

* We have Templars in the game.

Anything i missed?

2 minutes ago, Alaris said:

Good point.

It's just a hunch, but if the Templars are policemen, there might be a traitor among them (i.e., Damon Gant).

Scratch the "good point" part. Alistair could visit, because he sent messages.

2 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

by characters i mean the actual characters, i doubt the characters themselves would be hidden information unless there was a role in the game that identified them specifically, also knowing the characters who might fit the role of someone who could have performed the second kill helps us narrow down possibilities of what to expect. Also if Ali sent out any information it could be important so yes that's something worth knowing and i never considered a granny role but it makes sense, that said here is what we know so far:

* We have more than just mafia able to kill people

* We have Templars in the game.

Anything i missed?

Based on the explanation of the dead roles (sort of reading between the lines), it seems that some roles may have to target other roles instead of players. If that is so, there is somebody (or maybe more than one) with knowledge on all the in-game role names.

5 minutes ago, Alaris said:

Scratch the "good point" part. Alistair could visit, because he sent messages.

Based on the explanation of the dead roles (sort of reading between the lines), it seems that some roles may have to target other roles instead of players. If that is so, there is somebody (or maybe more than one) with knowledge on all the in-game role names.

If such a role exists there is no chance in hell that role is village sided as it basically makes it way to easy to identify all the mafia, it could be 3rd party but for what? If it exists and if it's mafia aligned then i would expect two dead Templar if mafia had access to the 2nd kill through some connection to who did it. But that asks the question of who would know that sort of information? Also with some thought on it, i expect if Shelly De Killer is in the game he is an Assassin and if Bobby Fulbright aka The Phantom is in the game that he is some kind of copycat role who either steals someone's identity like the maid thing or is kinda like someone who kills you and takes over as your identity and must win with that identities win conditions.

7 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

If such a role exists there is no chance in hell that role is village sided as it basically makes it way to easy to identify all the mafia, it could be 3rd party but for what? If it exists and if it's mafia aligned then i would expect two dead Templar if mafia had access to the 2nd kill through some connection to who did it. But that asks the question of who would know that sort of information? Also with some thought on it, i expect if Shelly De Killer is in the game he is an Assassin and if Bobby Fulbright aka The Phantom is in the game that he is some kind of copycat role who either steals someone's identity like the maid thing or is kinda like someone who kills you and takes over as your identity and must win with that identities win conditions.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those characters because I just played the first game.

Anyway, this is not what I meant. That person should have knowledge on the role names, not on the player holding that role. Imagine a town-sided watcher with an ability to target roles instead of players. So, for example, you watch Von Karma supposing he's mafia, and you see that Wright visited him. This wouldn't break the game, because you wouldn't know who's who anyway... Not even whether they're 100% mafia or not, or what actions they carried out.

1 minute ago, Alaris said:

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those characters because I just played the first game.

Anyway, this is not what I meant. That person should have knowledge on the role names, not on the player holding that role. Imagine a town-sided watcher with an ability to target roles instead of players. So, for example, you watch Von Karma supposing he's mafia, and you see that Wright visited him. This wouldn't break the game, because you wouldn't know who's who anyway... Not even whether they're 100% mafia or not, or what actions they carried out.

ah right, i misread what ya said. Still who would even have a role like that? also to explain Shelly De Killer is an assassin who leaves a card behind, his signature, a shell card which basically is to claim credit for his kills to protect his client from being accused but he also has some honor and certain rules that must be obeyed and will do anything to protect his client if anything goes wrong.

Bobby Fulbright is a spy who killed, who knows how many people, but his name The Phantom pops up through the game Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and near the end when he is exposed he is trying to find his original real face and has forgotten it because how many faces he has.

If Von Karma is in the game i expect he is a mafia because the dude will do ANYTHING for his perfect record and has such a commanding authority he can intimidate the judge into submission.

I thought I posted but I guess I didn't unless maybe it was under the wrong thing? Anyways, yeah. We don't have many pure facts due to the sheer amount of potential killing powers and I won't pretend to understand Ace Attorney, having never played. 

The options I see for this mysterious killer are

-Vigilantee(often strikes N0 in my experience)

-3rd party(self explanatory win condition

-Granny(might be an option idk)

-rogue mafia(Cause sometimes that one scum is seperated from the rest of his scum buddies by nature of his role. Recruit me if you are reading this scum buddies I mean what)

Anyways, I found three things out last night. The first two were in my role PM. Apparently I am 'Digital Amber' and 'townsided' or something inane like that. The third thing I found out is that I currently have nothing of use to share. 

update i now know what all my items do and only the bomb kills someone at night if visited 

@Alaris i visit a random person and give them a random item

so with this in mind another option is here 

mafia kills person not with bomb that player visits the bomb player so only 2 town die

• Veterans

hmmmmmmmm

so i feel like it's best to assume that there's a maf kill and a vigi kill.

...actually given the new information, it's possible that either of them visited the person with a bomb and went boom- though since that's pretty unlikely, since the same people would have to be visited by two people, one of whom gives the bomb. 

it could also be that the vigi kill is actually the templar kill and the templars are kind of like a mafia but on the town side, but that's mostly just speculation since i have no idea what they'd do.

So there were two deaths last night, the problem is that they were town. There are many options on how one of them died, i think that simply the vigilante tried to kill a random person hoping it was mafia even if it's pretty risky, but obviously i'm not sure.
Jace, did you visit someone last night? Was one of the people who were killed?

Then i was thinking that there might be Maya Fey, and that her ability would be to talk to those who died, something like that. For example that one of us could communicate with one of the people eliminated from the game. Mine is just an idea that i had in this moment, i apologize if my explanation seems a bit confusing.

13 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

update i now know what all my items do and only the bomb kills someone at night if visited 

@Alaris i visit a random person and give them a random item

so with this in mind another option is here 

mafia kills person not with bomb that player visits the bomb player so only 2 town die

Thanks for the info!

I don't understand the reasoning behind your last statement. Who is "that player"? The person killed by the mafia?

---

On another note, I won't start a BW over this, but I'll just put forward a little something to bear in mind:

The apparently casual comment of Amber saying that he can be recruited cannot simply be ignored. He might probably be town now, but if there's any night with zero kills, I say we lynch Amber in the following day.

• Global Mods

Amber might also be referring to the cult leader? I'm not sure. I think we should wait a little bit for some more behaviour. Worst comes to worst, we could lynch Amber today. I don't know.