Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

2 hours ago, the red guy said:

ill give that to him but what he doesnt realize is that the same way he got unlucky here, is the same way most people get unlucky on other gyms. I do want to see how everybody's teams will look on the next episode. 

Nappy has a lot of mons to work with since he hasn't lost near as many as the others, so I think he can rebuild. The others though, I'm not sure. Though for Nexus, isn't the Gooper clause in effect? Gooper will always be alive even if it dies (or am I wrong?). 

Finally got to a wifi spot n my vacation.  Downloaded this week's episodes..   I wish Mo's screen was on when he lost his ampharos,  listening to that was hilarious and it sounded like he even broke something!

Shade gave them a satisfying thrashing.  Twit of all people saving the locke tho lol.  Im not even sure  if play rough would kill.  Golem has tons o defense.

28 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Finally got to a wifi spot n my vacation.  Downloaded this week's episodes..   I wish Mo's screen was on when he lost his ampharos,  listening to that was hilarious and it sounded like he even broke something!

Shade gave them a satisfying thrashing.  Twit of all people saving the locke tho lol.  Im not even sure  if play rough would kill.  Golem has tons o defense.

it was at +2 or +4, that would dev have killed

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, the red guy said:

gooper never dies. And what mons are in the box that can help counter kiki?

Nappy has the Starly line.

As for the critical hits, bleh it happens. The odds for getting hit by a critical hit on the first turn are exactly the same as getting hit by a critical hit on the second, third, or sixth turn. Pokemon's always had that kind of stuff, it just goes with the territory. Complaining about it as the reason why you lost is pointless since its the same as complaining you lost to literally any other game mechanic.

I would agree, but... I had a damaged Pokemon Stadium 2 game that left mental scars. That game seriously was broken. I actually started counting opposing crits, and they happened literally every single damn time the game was going to lose. I think I got to like 5 crits in my entire playthrough of the varying stadiums, and countless crits for the AI. That thing was a monster, and it knew how to fight like no other Pokemon game, fanmade or canon, that I have ever witnessed.

I ended up buying another one aabout five years later. Turned out that game was so much easier than the broken/damaged/possessed one. Seriously, compared to one another, the second just seemed bewildered, even in hard mode, whereas the first seemed perfectly self-aware...

So, I can see how they'd feel unlucky.Some people are like that, though. Had a friend who could beat the odds all the time, only for all the bad probabilities to just hit at once.

Now, what they will do against Kiki, I have no idea. Or Aya. Or Serra... or heck, Cain. Cain can really mess with you, if you aren't prepared for that mermaid seal. *Shudders*

Welp, kudos to everyone here who called it that Shade would wipe the floor with them. I actually struggled in a recent playthrough with him, and remembered my fear of him after two other playthroughs where I swept him without trouble. That Mimikyu is scary. Far scarier than his Trevenant ever was. That is what Mimikyu replaced, no?

And I had to laugh at how they don yet realize the video screens are prophesies. I thought it was obvious considering we had Corey's death scene as one of the clips. Clearly, the others were just yet to come... they are in for a shock when Kiki gets the scythe.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Feng Lei said:

I would agree, but... I had a damaged Pokemon Stadium 2 game that left mental scars. That game seriously was broken. I actually started counting opposing crits, and they happened literally every single damn time the game was going to lose. I think I got to like 5 crits in my entire playthrough of the varying stadiums, and countless crits for the AI. That thing was a monster, and it knew how to fight like no other Pokemon game, fanmade or canon, that I have ever witnessed.

I ended up buying another one aabout five years later. Turned out that game was so much easier than the broken/damaged/possessed one. Seriously, compared to one another, the second just seemed bewildered, even in hard mode, whereas the first seemed perfectly self-aware...

So, I can see how they'd feel unlucky.Some people are like that, though. Had a friend who could beat the odds all the time, only for all the bad probabilities to just hit at once.

Now, what they will do against Kiki, I have no idea. Or Aya. Or Serra... or heck, Cain. Cain can really mess with you, if you aren't prepared for that mermaid seal. *Shudders*

Welp, kudos to everyone here who called it that Shade would wipe the floor with them. I actually struggled in a recent playthrough with him, and remembered my fear of him after two other playthroughs where I swept him without trouble. That Mimikyu is scary. Far scarier than his Trevenant ever was. That is what Mimikyu replaced, no?

And I had to laugh at how they don yet realize the video screens are prophesies. I thought it was obvious considering we had Corey's death scene as one of the clips. Clearly, the others were just yet to come... they are in for a shock when Kiki gets the scythe.

Pretty sure Dhelmise replaced trevenant, and Mimikyu replaced Chandelure, so less of a jump, but harder to sweep through because of disguise. 

Will definitely be interesting how they react to Kiki. wonder if they'll recognize her when they meet her, or only realise after the mountain events.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Okay, so a really evil idea that Ame might consider. Replace Dhelmise with Chandelure. show everyone shade's true potential

The trend lately (at least for earlier leaders) seems to be making things easier, not harder. but that's what mods are for right?

also gives him even more of a ground weakness though

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

The trend lately (at least for earlier leaders) seems to be making things easier, not harder. but that's what mods are for right?

also gives him even more of a ground weakness though

True, and that, in turn, would technically make him easier

1 minute ago, gambit2 said:

Yeah Nappy had at least done some prep for the battle. He got lucky in some parts but he had prepped at least for the battle. Heck he had a plan for Shade which went out the window. 

Shade: Plan..? No more...

This episode was fun because of all the rage and all, but still, 5 crits in a single battle, that's insane, I probably would've ragequit.

I never considered Shade to be difficult (though now that s/he uses Mimikyu the battle is somewhat more difficult), so I'm really looking forward to see how they perform against some real beasts such as Terra or even Radomus if you don't deal with Trick Room.