Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

42 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Seriously though. It seems like for the past couple of serious battles, Mo's the 1st 1 to beat them in 1 or 2 tries.

because he cheeses either with  terrain moves or x items.  both are the bane of reborn's difficulty

2 hours ago, Gainery said:

Starting to get tired of Nappy calling every gym "unfair" because he lost a few times to something he didn't prep for. AND he's not even nuzlocking anymore, so I don't get why he's getting so mad over losing. I can understand Serra and her gym, but Noel has a team that doesn't even benefit much from the terrain, and in some cases I would say that the terrain is against him. The only things I would say are "unfair" about his team would be the Cinccino, and maybe the Porygon if you set off the berry. On top of that, after he finally beats the gym, he basically calls it easy, even though he just got clapped beforehand. It's either he calls a gym stupid easy, or so difficult that it's bs, and he's not even gotten to endgame yet. But those are my two cents on the subject, I only wish that he would accept that he just plain lost.

I agree with you on this. By now, you'd think Nappy would have gotten over it after losing to Shade (I know the crits in that battle weren't fair, but a loss is a loss) and even Aya, but apparently not. Don't get the wrong idea; I have no personal hate towards Nappy; I appreciate the fact that Nappy keeps providing content for us and working hard to entertain us, but we have to be realistic here. Complaining about Reborn's difficulty doesn't solve anything. Long before the Reborn Penta-op even started, people in the comments constantly warned Nappy about the difficulty level of this game, and that it's impossible to nuzlocke without any prior knowledge. However, his overinflated ego over being the "Best Nuzlocker on Youtube" led to him accepting the challenge and trying to prove us wrong, so he has no right to complain now.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Gainery said:

Starting to get tired of Nappy calling every gym "unfair" because he lost a few times to something he didn't prep for. AND he's not even nuzlocking anymore, so I don't get why he's getting so mad over losing. I can understand Serra and her gym, but Noel has a team that doesn't even benefit much from the terrain, and in some cases I would say that the terrain is against him. The only things I would say are "unfair" about his team would be the Cinccino, and maybe the Porygon if you set off the berry. On top of that, after he finally beats the gym, he basically calls it easy, even though he just got clapped beforehand. It's either he calls a gym stupid easy, or so difficult that it's bs, and he's not even gotten to endgame yet. But those are my two cents on the subject, I only wish that he would accept that he just plain lost.

I mean you have to realise a part of this is exaggarating things to put up a show. I won't deny that he probably does feel like that to an extent, but again, this is for entertainment.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Azery then said:

I mean you have to realise a part of this is exaggarating things to put up a show. I won't deny that he probably does feel like that to an extent, but again, this is for entertainment.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. Sometimes their exaggerations seem to be so genuine, to the point that we can't determine whether or not, it's for entertainment purposes or they don't feel like play the game anymore. Maybe it's both 😅😅 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Azery then said:

I see where you're coming from, however for me I can't exactly call it entertainment, because it really does seem like Nappy's pride is broken after losing so many times, then being forced to call off the nuzlocke due to everyone else, and still losing after that. Even though he says that he'll come back to Reborn again, sometimes it just feels like his heart isn't in it. Maybe it is exaggerated, but it still feels off whenever he does it. I don't particularly know of any other lets plays Nappy has done where he's had the same type of experience as in Reborn, so I can't compare, but it does seem like this is his first time actually having to exaggerate things to this extent after getting beaten.

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, Gainery said:

I see where you're coming from, however for me I can't exactly call it entertainment, because it really does seem like Nappy's pride is broken after losing so many times, then being forced to call off the nuzlocke due to everyone else, and still losing after that. Even though he says that he'll come back to Reborn again, sometimes it just feels like his heart isn't in it. Maybe it is exaggerated, but it still feels off whenever he does it. I don't particularly know of any other lets plays Nappy has done where he's had the same type of experience as in Reborn, so I can't compare, but it does seem like this is his first time actually having to exaggerate things to this extent after getting beaten.

I get the feeling that he's so used to basically never whiting out for entire games that the fact that he's basically had to admit defeat has bruised his ego quite a bit. His perception seems quite warped currently to where anything thats beating him must be bullshit and some fault of the game. However he does seen to kinda recognize that theres a good challenge underneath even if he's not consciously admitting it right now, which is why he wants to have another nuzlocke attempt at it later on when he's not going in blind and trying to manage the squad, so I think he'll chill out after a while with the non-nuzlocke rules once their teams improve and they get less smacked because of it.

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

I get the feeling that he's so used to basically never whiting out for entire games that the fact that he's basically had to admit defeat has bruised his ego quite a bit. His perception seems quite warped currently to where anything thats beating him must be bullshit and some fault of the game. However he does seen to kinda recognize that theres a good challenge underneath even if he's not consciously admitting it right now, which is why he wants to have another nuzlocke attempt at it later on when he's not going in blind and trying to manage the squad, so I think he'll chill out after a while with the non-nuzlocke rules once their teams improve and they get less smacked because of it.

I'm kinda on the ropes for how I want Nappy to do later down in the game. One side of me wants him to get a better team so he would stop complaining about difficulty, and another part of me wants him to still have a challenge, and not just breeze through once he has a good team. I kinda want him to experience every gym leader the way they were meant to be battled, and for him to acknowledge all of their cool ideas. More or less, that's something that you can't do if you have a good enough team and sweep every gym before you realize the main idea of that gym. But if he has a bad team, then all he'll do is complain about said gym leader's difficulty and say "This one ain't it" or some stupid thing like that just because he can't beat the gym leader. For example Terra, who has a great concept for a gym, will probably get crap if she sets up amnesia with quagsire, and Nappy starts complaining about how using gen 4 mon like Garchomp in a field where the game is gen 1 is unfair because all of the moves that hit garchomp and quagsire super effectively are special, and how Garchomp having an AV is op. Sorry about rambling, but hopefully everyone gets my point in what i'm saying. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
Just now, Gainery said:

I'm kinda on the ropes for how I want Nappy to do later down in the game. One side of me wants him to get a better team so he would stop complaining about difficulty, and another part of me wants him to still have a challenge, and not just breeze through once he has a good team. I kinda want him to experience every gym leader the way they were meant to be battled, and for him to acknowledge all of their cool ideas. More or less, that's something that you can't do if you have a good enough team and sweep every gym before you realize the main idea of that gym. But if he has a bad team, then all he'll do is complain about said gym leader's difficulty and say "This one ain't it" or some stupid thing like that just because he can't beat the gym leader. For example Terra, who has a great concept for a gym, will probably get crap if she sets up amnesia with quagsire, and Nappy starts complaining about how using gen 4 mon like Garchomp in a field where the game is gen 1 is unfair because all of the moves that hit garchomp and quagsire super effectively are special, and how Garchomp having an AV is op. Sorry about rambling, but hopefully everyone gets my point in what i'm saying. 

I feel like on a first playthrough, even having a good team doesn't let you breeze through unless you you're using setup+potions and then sweeping everything. that shit is OP because generally if they can't 2HKO you with whatever they have out, you win. 

The two fields I think have the highest risk of him hating are Big Top (because it's damage rolls) and Glitch. I think he could also love the glitch field though because it doesn't really have RNG mechanics, despite how busted some of Terras stuff is in it.

I think one of the main problems is that he often lets a single instance of bad vanilla pokemon RNG sour an entire fight for him, and make him unfairly pin blame on Reborns battle design instead. (Despite him ignoring when he succeeds due to getting lucky by the same RNG)

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's not like Nappy's used to whiting out, it's just that he usually whites out around last gym/ E4 domain if he does white out at all. Nappy's complaining is semi-entertaining as you can tell it's only partially serious, Twit's is really grating on my nerves a bit, whenever Nexus complained in the past at first I found it annoying (Perhaps it's because I wasn't used to how loud he is back then) but now I've gotten used to it (RIP Nexus mic) and am looking forward to hear Nexus return in the voice next week.

I just wish the crew would use Mods or whatever to juice up their EVs instead of Nappy complaining about perfect IVs all the time.

These past few episodes without Nexus eardrum shattering screams have been the most enjoyable.

• Developers

Hopefully they'll post it tomorrow maybe nappy needed to edit something he missed

6 hours ago, LeoYT said:

but im sure they will blame the reborn devs some more 

Twits the only one I think that's ever said that with a few cases of nappy saying it but, did anyone else ever make that complaint?

13 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

Is the Titania scene even necessary?  

No. You actually lose relationship points if you see it

3 hours ago, Launce said:

So I missed it.  What happened?

Nappy accidentally uploded Wednesday’s Episode instead of Monday’s Episode

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, Lucky98 said:

No. You actually lose relationship points if you see it

interesting...  I presume the normal story progression is to head to randomus's castle 

edit it looks like you enter the woods from tanzan mountain