Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

Nappy went on that rant, but like, this really isn't stupid. The game gives you a field, and putting Bennett in there comes as a curve ball but mostly shows you what the field can do and how it can boost other types + fucking you over if you got a mainly phyiscal team. The reason he is mad is because ofc it isn't fun when nuzlocking, but here's the thing: Nuzlocking Reborn isn't recommended, and I am sure the previous battles and comment sections have made that clear, if you intend to nuzlocke, don't do it blind. This game isn't stupid in the ways they make it out to be, it's stupid because they add extra rules to how they can play this already difficult game and then when they lose due to being as prepared as everyone is first time around they get so mad.

What dev told you to nuzlocke this? Y'all blame them for everything so there better be some credit to y'all stupid complaints.

Also the absolute funniest thing is that, okay, you expected Ice, and ended up with Bug, but wait? It's almost like, you almost certainly, of truly prepared, entered with Rock and Fire types, seeing as fighting is mostly physical you, if paying attention, at most brought two of those. Like, it's really their own fault, its the fault of Nuzlocking, you do it to make the game harder and then complain when you find out the game is hard as it is.

Edited by Chiko
  • Upvote 1

Just now, nepeta100 said:

Real talk them  complaining about battling a bug trainer when they expected to battle the gym leader was upsetting to me 

Bug and Ice have 2 shared weaknesses, Fire and Rock

If you're going in to face an Ice leader you're probably going to have those two types

I can understand them having issues about having to face Bennett since his thing is sudden and you're not expecting it, but his typing shouldn't have been something to complain about

Also anyone notice how the Bug leaders are the ones that rely on their fields the least?

All Shelly really needs is the rain and Bennett has shown to be competent in more than just the Mirror field

• Upvote 1

They act like Ame put a gun to their head and told them to Nuzlocke reborn. She would probably not even do that to her worst enemy (as evil as she is). Reborn is not meant to be Nuzlocked, especially not blind. The game throws you curveballs as far as the eye can see, subverts your expectations and, most important of all, give you space to breathe before telling you to put up or shut up. Everyone and their Pikachu warned them this was gonna happen. did they listen? well, as we know they don't listen or read so... fuck reborn right? As for blaming the devs... Why? You notice that this game is hard in a way that isn't Dark Rising. It's not level up to win. It's more like: strategize, Trial and error. No more, no less. if you know what to expect, the game will still send you packing. but all in all, it's all fair.

"I prepared a team to fight Ice types, not Bug types"

Nappy realizes two of his pokemon were weak to Ice, and one of them was Noivern, right? It would be best if they stopped the nuzlocke rules, but no, apparently that's "boring."

The ironic thing here is Nappy complaining to have a team built to face an ice type leader, while carrying a Noivern and a Grass type, plus a Heliolisk to hit half of Bennett's team for SE.

P.S. Ninja-ed.

if it's not Serra, El or Radomus might actually wake him up. I feel like every other person in the pentaop would be willing to go through the game as normal

Also was it just me or did the rest of the squad seem to perk up when it came to helping Jay through the battle while Nappy sulked on alone? 😮

Edited by Chiko

"You have nothing that's super effective against bugs, you have an entire team that's made to fight an ice type leader"

hsgdfkjfewgf

If there's one small thing that kills me every time, it's hearing "this doesn't make sense" / "this is dumb" / variations thereof in situations where a little bit of thinking would reveal that the thing does, in fact, make sense.

Like, say... the gym puzzle here.

Twit did super well on this battle!

As for Nappy's complaints, he's been throwing around "this is stupid" / "this is bullshit" at every inconvenience so much it's lost all meaning lol

Love me an entire episode dedicated to getting rekt by Bennet.  This is definitely a first.  I don't think i have witnessed  Bennet wrecking anyone so hard  ever before.

With a Dustox no less.

Praise. 

Any other resourceful thing i had to say about this, i have said it in the comments section. Cba to repeat myself.

2 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Ice and Bug types sharing two common weaknesses, Nappy's argument is not valid this time. He must have been severely bugged by Bennett.

let's not forget trying to bring a flying/dragon type to an Ice arena (granted I believe he wanted to use Noivern to shatter the field, but I could be wrong there)

1 hour ago, DemICE said:

Love me an entire episode dedicated to getting rekt by Bennet.  This is definitely a first.  I don't think i have witnessed  Bennet wrecking anyone so hard  ever before.

With a Dustox no less.

Praise. 

If I'm remembering correctly during my E17 playthrough I one shot his entire team except for that Dustox in this battle.

That thing can take a hit.

It's funny 'cause PULSE Abra is already rigged in the player's favor by making it more likely to use Hyper Beam than the AI would normally, giving you all those sweet recharge turns.

Granted, it'll still take out 'mons, but this is one of those battles where the opponent is programmed to go easy on you.

I normally agree with them on a decent amount of things but they shouldn't expect to be spoonfed everything in the game. It's not "bullshit" cause this isn't the first time it has happened, you have to prepare for the unexpected. This especially bothers me because it contradicts with Nappy's statement in his Dark Rising rant where he talks about not wanting to be spoiled, how he can come up against challenges that he faces and that's what he wants.