Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

6 hours ago, TIP said:

True. I would even say in general they replaced too much old pokemon with Sun and Moon pokemon

I would disagree.

also, I'm disappointed that no1 noticed the Pun

Many of us went through the game without EV training. Then again, many of us spent countless attempts on some battles, so I see your point. But, yes, if a mere aster and eclipse battle can cause someone to white out, it's only gonna get worse. They might need to start thinking about EVs or trying to make a little change to nuzlocke rules to better fit reborn. Maybe give every pokemon 2 lives? :x

I'm mad over the new voices they gave Aster and Eclipse, and they still think Eclipse is a dude smh.

I'm in the majority who wish they drop the nuzlocke rules, if they keep it up, it'll be like wcv said, they won't have any mons left and not only that, they'll be so frustrated that it won't be fun to play the game nor watch it.

They don't need to prove anything anymore, they already lost the nuzlocke and that's fine, it feels like they are just being stubborn keeping the rules in when it seems to infuriate them so. I'll give them another 9 episodes or so, by then they should've lost enough to realize Reborn isn't for low tier rare candy spamming 0 ev nuzlockers. Just drop the rules and enjoy the story/gameplay jfc.

The highlight of the episode was Shiny Shellos though, that was good.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LeoYT said:

The solution is to get good, and stop acting like the game is messing with them

Nexus Twit and Mo (especially Mo) still have their ego intact for some reason despite how many L's they've taken (granted Mo's is mainly plain anger for all the shit thats been going on)

They won't learn until a gym beats them all again without nappy making the excuse that all those crits were bs, he still lost on the second attempt but acts like he would have won

Nexus shouldn't have gooper anymore if he says "Fire is a shitty type" and therefore he doesn't deserve to have him

If you wanna thrive in Reborn you can't take anything for granted

Yeah, it's pretty annoying when Nappy complains about losing mons to crits when he wins most of his battles by spamming healing items. Like, yes, crits are supposed to be rare, but when you use 10 lemonades in a row while you're in crit range you're basically playing with fire. 

Something we have to keep in mind though is that it appears that they're still doing it basically blind. Reborn is a game that rewards preparation and good team composition, two things that are impossible to have on a blind Nuzlocke run. I still give them props for making it this far without "technically" losing.

Nappy has a lot of bragging rights for reaching Shade before losing IMO (and twit for beating that battle in a locke format) but I do hope that, at some point, they'll realize that Reborn is not a game to nuzlocke in the way they're doing it. if they don't I'll still enjoy it (because watching Salt can be really funny and seeing them be crafty with what they have is fun), but it's up to them

• Upvote 2

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I really don't get how it took some of them (hi Twit) a while to realise they needed to cross the lily pads. I thought it looked really obvious...

I really don't know how all 5 of them completely ignored Cains earring for the entire episode

• Haha 4

I usually like watching nuzlockers getting salty when they lose mons but idk. I'm getting tired of them complaining over every important battle because all they do at the end is just call everyone a bitch and hate on every character in the game. Then again, I don't really do nuzlockes so I guess from a nuzlocker's perspective, certain characters can only be remembered by being known as the 'asshole that took my OOO away from me'. 

However, I felt like they hated on Kiki way too much. Iirc someone hated on her because she talked too much in her lesson at the beach (wait till they reach the latest content because dialogue overdose lolol) - which seemed kinda unnecessary. I get she's not a really interesting character but still, her getting overly hated on kinda made me feel uncomfortable to an extent. They made it past her gym battle quite fine too - so :blobshrug: I wonder how they will respond to what will happen in (probably) the next episode - and part of me is not looking forward to it.

As for gameplay, I felt bad for Nappy when his plan with the Skuntank for Shade failed because of a crit - but then he lost again afterwards so... lol idk. It's kinda funny how he keeps mentioning that battle when clearly hax wasn't responsible for the entirety of his failure. Some of them have too high of an ego but they get away with it by blaming it on hax which kinda describes half of the competitive Pokemon community but hey

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2018 at 9:02 AM, Chiko said:

Watching the squad get pissy as soon as someone poses a slight annoyance is getting a bit boring and you'd think theyd handle loses without calling someone a bitch/telling them to die, but what are we to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, Xiri said:

I'm getting tired of them complaining over every important battle because all they do at the end is just call everyone a bitch and hate on every character in the game.

😤😤😤 Im kinning you

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I really don't know how all 5 of them completely ignored Cains earring for the entire episode

to be fair I almost missed it because I thought it was a wind turbines reflection in the water

Saw the discussion about Cain's plan once he got Strength since he needed the Blight Badge to use it.

Wouldn't he have the badge?

Cain was the previous reserve Poison leader, it would make sense if he had a badge on him for some reason.

6 hours ago, robiseljak said:

Many of us went through the game without EV training.

I brought that up. Even a Pokemon just training normally gets EVs, they won't be optimal EVs, but they will still be there. If you end up with say 84 in every stat then your Pokemon will still have 16 extra points in those stats by level 100. Sure its not a huge difference, but it does matter in those tiny edges that can mean the difference between a Pokemon fainting or holding on at 1 hp.  Now in a normal playthrough this is more or less irrelevant since you have unlimited revives and other healing options, but when fainting means the Pokemon is gone that's HUGE. 

On 9/4/2018 at 10:09 AM, Chiko said:

I'm mad over the new voices they gave Aster and Eclipse, and they still think Eclipse is a dude smh.

I'm in the majority who wish they drop the nuzlocke rules, if they keep it up, it'll be like wcv said, they won't have any mons left and not only that, they'll be so frustrated that it won't be fun to play the game nor watch it.

They don't need to prove anything anymore, they already lost the nuzlocke and that's fine, it feels like they are just being stubborn keeping the rules in when it seems to infuriate them so. I'll give them another 9 episodes or so, by then they should've lost enough to realize Reborn isn't for low tier rare candy spamming 0 ev nuzlockers. Just drop the rules and enjoy the story/gameplay jfc.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, Wolfox said:

Nappy has a lot of bragging rights for reaching Shade before losing IMO (and twit for beating that battle in a locke format) but I do hope that, at some point, they'll realize that Reborn is not a game to nuzlocke in the way they're doing it. if they don't I'll still enjoy it (because watching Salt can be really funny and seeing them be crafty with what they have is fun), but it's up to them

I kinda agree with people saying that most of the interpretations does not suit the major part of the characters in the game. Kiki's voice is the worst to me, cause Aster is out-of-competition for obvious reasons. But somehow, I understand that some losses can be considered as very unfair. As Wolfox said, Nappy was in a good position at the very start of the match for the Omen Badge despite of doing a blind nuzlocke. (I played through a Dark Monotype myself, and based on my personal experience, Skuntank was a golden mon to sweep Shade's team.) My opinion is that they gave too much importance to the competitive aspect of the game from a nuzlocker's perspective, and the fact of rebuilding a brand new team after every difficult battle had certainly soiled the other aspects, making Reborn more frustrating to them. So, it's not that a surprise to see them approaching the next fight apprehensively. At this point, they would better opt for a normal playthrough. This being said, I felt like Jay managed to deal with Aster & Eclipse pretty well. Special mention for his reaction when his Bronzong was taking Lunatone's Psywave, it was good for my abs!

On 9/4/2018 at 10:09 AM, Chiko said:

The highlight of the episode was Shiny Shellos though, that was good.

IT'S EAST AND WEST!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Edited by Q-Jei
  • Upvote 1

• Support Squad

an update on my opinion of how fucked the guys are for later.

Bearing in mind that over the last few episodes, just about every major battle has taken a few mons from everyone in the squad and also considering that these are largely singles where there is much less going on, they are going to wipe on the meteor raid in the mountain home. Like, this isn't a case of skill or team building, that is 20+ mons fought in doubles, many of which are hitting that point of huuuuge threats just on their own without any rest to rebuild their mons. If they lose their leads in the earlier fights, they would also be required to switch due to auto heals.

You can give it to the lads for making it through these individually scary fights but good god the later parts of the game are gonna kill em.

42 minutes ago, Felix~ said:

an update on my opinion of how fucked the guys are for later.

Bearing in mind that over the last few episodes, just about every major battle has taken a few mons from everyone in the squad and also considering that these are largely singles where there is much less going on, they are going to wipe on the meteor raid in the mountain home. Like, this isn't a case of skill or team building, that is 20+ mons fought in doubles, many of which are hitting that point of huuuuge threats just on their own without any rest to rebuild their mons. If they lose their leads in the earlier fights, they would also be required to switch due to auto heals.

You can give it to the lads for making it through these individually scary fights but good god the later parts of the game are gonna kill em.

many people told them Reborn is not made for Nuzlockes. They didn't listen and now thwy'll find out people were right.

49 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

IT'S EAST AND WEST!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

It's Ethan West!

• Haha 1

whenever I imagine Taka's voice I always think of a sleepy voice becuz he looks...ya know sleepy but THAT voice,it sounds like he has taken multiple cups of coffee since he talks so fast ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ

also good job Nexus for beating Taka with 2 pokemon.

Edited by Angelkitsune

1 minute ago, Angelkitsune said:

whenever I imagine Taka's voice I always think of a sleepy voice becuz he looks...ya know sleepy but THAT voice,it sounds like he has taken multiple cups of coffee since he talks so fast ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ

That... actually doesn't sound too bad for Taka. Yea he looks tired but he could be hyper up on coffee but still be sleepy. Although, I always thought of him just having a voice that sounds... condescending? I think that's the right word.