Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

Yea, I haven’t really been following this too well, but I do know that there have been quite a few struggles already.  What scares me is that the failures and frustrations of a nuzlocke is going to scare viewers away from potentially playing the game as well.  All I want to see is healthy growth for this community and playthroughs by big youtubers are always excellent ways for growth.  Shofu brought so many people to this community through his playthrough of Reborn.  The last thing I want to see is an opportunity for more growth with this penta-op wasted because of a negative image presented by a blind nuzlocke.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I said this before and I will again, Nuzlocking Reborn before playing it once or twice is a really bad idea. I hope that they can see that before too long and change it to a regular Playthrough. granted they've gotten further than I would have thought, Specifically Twit, he didn't get fucked even once

Everyone but Nappy has already wiped at some point though, and now that he's lost his poison and flying types to Fern, Florina will probably shut him down too though

31 minutes ago, Tacos said:

Yea, I haven’t really been following this too well, but I do know that there have been quite a few struggles already.  What scares me is that the failures and frustrations of a nuzlocke is going to scare viewers away from potentially playing the game as well.  All I want to see is healthy growth for this community and playthroughs by big youtubers are always excellent ways for growth.  Shofu brought so many people to this community through his playthrough of Reborn.  The last thing I want to see is an opportunity for more growth with this penta-op wasted because of a negative image presented by a blind nuzlocke.

That's what scares me too. People in the comments already are saying that it's a "stupid difficult" game. Let's just hope that if they playthrough it after they all lost the locke the viewers would appreciate the challenge of the game more rather than calling it a "stupid hard" game.

45 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

That's what scares me too. People in the comments already are saying that it's a "stupid difficult" game. Let's just hope that if they playthrough it after they all lost the locke the viewers would appreciate the challenge of the game more rather than calling it a "stupid hard" game.

And not only that, some people are saying that the characters are more basic than main series characters when that shit ain't true. There was that person in the comments who was laughing about Corey (they've started playing) and he said he was ridiculous. That comment really pissed me off as they're basically not giving depression and suicide the sensitivity and respect they deserve. Intentional or not I'm not sure. At this point, the comment section is pissing me off more than the lp. 

That all being said:

• Nexus is trash at voltorb flip
  • They're not reading the comments and field notes, making it even harder for themselves
  • They're ignoring how the level cap works
  • Missing encounters
  • Dartrix destroyed them

They either need to up their game or turn this into a regular playthrough because they're not gonna get past the Taka and ZEL double battle at this rate. Also they're getting Titania mixed up with Battle Girl Tatiana from Alola

43 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

And not only that, some people are saying that the characters are more basic than main series characters when that shit ain't true. There was that person in the comments who was laughing about Corey (they've started playing) and he said he was ridiculous. That comment really pissed me off

Yeah that is straight up bs, i saw you commenting on that too cause it's basically the same thing thing you said here and I think you made your point clear to that guy. I totally agree with you. I'm pannenkoek met stroop so you probably read my comments as well. Those guys just don't understand the game (yet).

1 minute ago, N1Dude said:

Yeah that is straight up bs, i saw you commenting on that too cause it's basically the same thing thing you said here and I think you made your point clear to that guy. I totally agree with you. I'm pannenkoek met stroop so you probably read my comments as well. Those guys just don't understand the game (yet).

then using my Deductive Reasoning I can say we share a language there.

but besides that. joking about depression, suicide and all that is not something that should be approved

3 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

then using my Deductive Reasoning I can say we share a language there.

but besides that. joking about depression, suicide and all that is not something that should be approved

I can understand if they were confused about why Corey did commit suicide or nervously laughed but straight up laughing for the lols isn't right. If they turn it into a regular lp, I will look forward to the controversy that the comments section will be with the Amaria and Titania arc. I'm really not looking forward to them getting to Corey though. I know Nappy & Co won't be dicks about it but the comment section will be as toxic as the wastelands.

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

yeah, which will most likely be addressed in the video after they read the comments, which only makes it worse

They may have to bring back Dickhead Nappy to deal with this (This is what Nappy refers to himself as when having to deal with assholes in the comments). Also to deal with the people who ignored Nappy when he said he was too ill to record stuff and started spamming about DR anyway.

Just now, Abyssreaper99 said:

They may have to bring back Dickhead Nappy to deal with this (This is what Nappy refers to himself as when having to deal with assholes in the comments). Also to deal with the people who ignored Nappy when he said he was too ill to record stuff and started spamming about DR anyway.

Dickhead NAPPY, the hero we need but don't deserve. And tbh, if he's sick then he should take it easy. still, he's trying to record for everyone while he shouldn't

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I can understand if they were confused about why Corey did commit suicide or nervously laughed but straight up laughing for the lols isn't right. If they turn it into a regular lp, I will look forward to the controversy that the comments section will be with the Amaria and Titania arc. I'm really not looking forward to them getting to Corey though. I know Nappy & Co won't be dicks about it but the comment section will be as toxic as the wastelands.

I also kinda hope that 1 or 2 choose to not battle Taka at the water treatment center. They will notice that the story is split later on and that would be lit. I'm guessing that they won't be able to figure out what different move they made to make this happen. They would also kinda hate on each other for the benefits which should be fun. I'm even more thrilled for the Amaria and Titania arc and will be even more if they actually split in storylines.

2 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

I also kinda hope that 1 or 2 choose to not battle Taka at the water treatment center. They will notice that the story is split later on and that would be lit. I'm guessing that they won't be able to figure out what different move they made to make this happen. They would also kinda hate on each other for the benefits which should be fun. I'm even more thrilled for the Amaria and Titania arc and will be even more if they actually split in storylines.

They probably won't as they tend to stick together and ignore dialogue so...

48 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

They probably won't as they tend to stick together and ignore dialogue so...

Yeah i know but still, they might think that battling him or not won't  matter (as much) so they might choose differently. The ignoring dialogue part is something that could be in the way yeah.

• Support Squad
3 hours ago, N1Dude said:

Those people strike me as sycophants trying to justify the frustration that is so clearly evident in the locke for the squad and tbh growth without them is better than growth with.

I reckon they should switch to a regular playthrough, use the mons they want and will need for the tougher fights and then have fun learning the tricks and tidbits that the enemy trainers use. This will at a guess happen whenever Jay wipes for the umpteenth time and they say "fuck it." As it is, working with so few mons puts him at such a fat disadvantage that as you can see, he keeps wiping and putting himself in a bad place again.

I'll be honest, I agree that if they did a regular playthrough it would be more fun both for them and the viewers. The game does give you a decent selection of 'mons and items to actually work with the field effects and counter threats in major battles, and I think one of the most enjoyable aspects of Reborn is trying to figure out how to use fields to your advantage. They would probably have more fun trying to put together teams by their own choices.

I don't doubt they'll continue the game normally eventually, but this episode was no fun at all. I still get a lot of moments when watching where I feel like if they tried just a little harder to think logically, or to step back and let something sink in for a second, they'd make more sense of the game mechanics.
Or actually taking the time to read dialogue properly. "What do seeds do?" Idk man, it's like the NPC who gave them to you just told you.

There's only so much that can be excused by "well, they're playing blind and weren't prepared"; plenty of things they missed out on are a case of not paying enough attention and being plain impatient. I'm not saying that it would automatically make nuzlocking the game easier, but it's no wonder they get frustrated so much when they're constantly confused about one thing or the other.

It might also give them opportunities to appreciate the story more. I'm genuinely surprised they all glossed over the diary entries and the fairytale, it's like they weren't even remotely interested in these.

5 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

There was that person in the comments who was laughing about Corey (they've started playing) and he said he was ridiculous.

Ok, WHAT?!?!

No, that is not right.

When Fern mocked Corey for suicide, that was the moment where he went from just a jerk to an absolutely horrible human being.

That's when my general dislike of him turned into true disdain.

But I'm pretty sure these guys will take it a lot more seriously.

8 hours ago, N1Dude said:

Yeah i know but still, they might think that battling him or not won't  matter (as much) so they might choose differently. The ignoring dialogue part is something that could be in the way yeah.

Hopefully, the choice with Dr. Sigmund and the house siege will show them that their choices can really matter

4 hours ago, ZEL said:

I'll be honest, I agree that if they did a regular playthrough it would be more fun both for them and the viewers. The game does give you a decent selection of 'mons and items to actually work with the field effects and counter threats in major battles, and I think one of the most enjoyable aspects of Reborn is trying to figure out how to use fields to your advantage. They would probably have more fun trying to put together teams by their own choices.

I don't doubt they'll continue the game normally eventually, but this episode was no fun at all. I still get a lot of moments when watching where I feel like if they tried just a little harder to think logically, or to step back and let something sink in for a second, they'd make more sense of the game mechanics.
Or actually taking the time to read dialogue properly. "What do seeds do?" Idk man, it's like the NPC who gave them to you just told you.

There's only so much that can be excused by "well, they're playing blind and weren't prepared"; plenty of things they missed out on are a case of not paying enough attention and being plain impatient. I'm not saying that it would automatically make nuzlocking the game easier, but it's no wonder they get frustrated so much when they're constantly confused about one thing or the other.

It might also give them opportunities to appreciate the story more. I'm genuinely surprised they all glossed over the diary entries and the fairytale, it's like they weren't even remotely interested in these.

The main reason they are ignoring the plot points is because they are so butthurt over how badly they are doing in the nuzlocke and they aren't learning the mechanics of the game which is literally what the first 2 gyms of the game are supposed to do.  I keep posting the field effects of the next gym in the comments to show them how complex the mechanics are and that they need to learn them, and because they clearly aren't gonna find all of them even though some are in plain sight. 

• Global Mods
On 7/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, N1Dude said:

Well yeah there are some people who actually says that this game is unfair actually, what they don't know is that if you read a little you can do better at the gyms, all of us had struggles against a gym leader when we played for the first (I fought Julia with a frogadier and an espurr) this game is not hard actually it has a medium difficulty if you use your brain

21 hours ago, LeoYT said:

The main reason they are ignoring the plot points is because they are so butthurt over how badly they are doing in the nuzlocke and they aren't learning the mechanics of the game which is literally what the first 2 gyms of the game are supposed to do.  I keep posting the field effects of the next gym in the comments to show them how complex the mechanics are and that they need to learn them, and because they clearly aren't gonna find all of them even though some are in plain sight. 

And i still don't think that they should skip the plot points you can get lost because of that and even tho you keep posting the field effects there's a big chance that they won't read it which is sad, they might just stop when they reach taka and ZEL battle cause that battle is hard

On 7/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, Abyssreaper99 said:

And not only that, some people are saying that the characters are more basic than main series characters when that shit ain't true. There was that person in the comments who was laughing about Corey (they've started playing) and he said he was ridiculous. That comment really pissed me off as they're basically not giving depression and suicide the sensitivity and respect they deserve. Intentional or not I'm not sure. At this point, the comment section is pissing me off more than the lp. 

It's quiet sad how people think about this game and they probably don't know that these "Basic" Characters are inspired by real people and the death of Corey (Rest in peace and i hope for you a better afterlife) and kiki (Rest in peace and i hope for you a better after life) are real

Btw i know that this isn't our topic i know about corey's real story but can someone explain kiki's and thanks

2 minutes ago, dragonsbeat said:

Well yeah there are some people who actually says that this game is unfair actually, what they don't know is that if you read a little you can do better at the gyms, all of us had struggles against a gym leader when we played for the first (I fought Julia with a frogadier and an espurr) this game is not hard actually it has a medium difficulty if you use your brain

And i still don't think that they should skip the plot points you can get lost because of that and even tho you keep posting the field effects there's a big chance that they won't read it which is sad, they might just stop when they reach taka and ZEL battle cause that battle is hard

It's quiet sad how people think about this game and they probably don't know that these "Basic" Characters are inspired by real people and the death of Corey (Rest in peace and i hope for you a better afterlife) and kiki (Rest in peace and i hope for you a better after life) are real

Btw i know that this isn't our topic i know about corey's real story but can someone explain kiki's and thanks

iirc Kiki had Cancer, but @Amethyst could clear that up if I was mistaken

5 minutes ago, uberle said:

I don't think it's ever specifically stated what Kiki has

Just that she was dying

I'm talking IRL Kiki, I remember reading a Post of Ame about the old Reborn League and Kiki having Cancer, though I might be wrong (to try and lighten the mood, that same post said that IRL Julia Boomed her PC)

As an episode is not up until Wednesday/Friday, let's talk about the following:

• What/ how many members of their teams do you think the Squad will lose to Florinia?
  • How many white outs will happen (they will happen)? 
  • Will Jay finally have an episode where he doesn't have a white out/ lose most of his team?

On 7/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, dragonsbeat said:

I love the field effects as much as the next guy but I have to admit they need some tweaking. The start with the factory field is a great way to show off effects. Giving the player a guide is also a great idea. But then I start hitting some concerns. 

The field guide is great, but it is still just a guide. You can't really do anything too elaborate to prepare without experiencing the effect first hand and practicing on it. 

Shelly and Amaria both have well established fields in the game that by the time you get there you know what you are facing. Radomus, Aya and Luna use the gym itself or the area around the gym to prep you for what's to come. Luna can even have her field changed to other more familiar fields to give you an advantage. There is a ton of good game design here and it helps immerse the player and provide a challenge.

But the first three gyms somehow fall short of this. In each gym you are faced with a leader with an entirely new field you have no experience playing in. The player has to learn on the spot and it is asking a little much. Knowing pin missile does more in Desert doesn't mean much until you actually see how well florina uses it and how it can wreck her team. This is repeated later on with Adrien where you are thrown into the fairy tale field and proceed to get wrecked without a steel type.

This game needs a field training area or something. A way to practice with these fields. Even if it's only available once you get their entry in the field effect guide. I've mentioned before in the trainers school there are battle arenas set up already which you be perfect to foreshadow some later gyms. But they are just the generic standard arena with no field effect. 

• Like 4

I think Nappy could survive Florinia if he doesn't get ahead of himself just because of type advantage. They also prolly remember Florinia's ace being cradily so maybe they have chance if they have something to kill it fast.

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

I think Nappy could survive Florinia if he doesn't get ahead of himself just because of type advantage. They also prolly remember Florinia's ace being cradily so maybe they have chance if they have something to kill it fast.

NAPPY does tend to remember that type mu isn;t everything. Surprisingly Nexus knows this, but just never uses it (cuz for him if it aint at least BL1, it's shit)