Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

4 hours ago, M_POKemoner said:

I know this question is from the  far future , but will there be a new region after Avium?

Maybe we will go to Reborn region and MC from there will come to the Avium region?

(Probably the wildest theory you've ever heard)

Crossovers are a much, much bigger pain then you could imagine and it's one thing to give a nod to another fan-game, but it's something else to include materials from the game and collaborating both games. If one thing goes wrong, it does not end well. At best, it'd be to just let a special fight or character make a cameo in each game for a fun little extra, but being able to visit the Reborn region would be an insane amount of work for basically little payoff. You'd need to block certain areas to keep players locked in Reborn City and edit a little more than 1,000 events to at least make it a bit unique and at least worth including. I seriously doubt that's going to happen otherwise more people would likely have to be dragged in to make this happen.

1 hour ago, Armakan77 said:

somebody knows how jan will notify if you have been chosee for do beta testing?

Once people have been selected, Jan will personally visit any newbies at their own houses riding shirtless on a white horse to hand deliver a letter. The contents of the letter contain the link and password to an encrypted beta in which you must solve a puzzle to figure out the password to decrypt it. Once that is done, you will find a note in the beta folder with links to the discord page and a club to join.

...okay it's not that majestic, but basically you'll be sent a PM (on the forums) or a DM in discord giving you the info you need to start beta testing and giving feedback. If you are picked, you'll know.

Theory time: Based on the badge caps and jan mentioning on tumblr that all episodes after v10 will have one badge, except that one will have two badges and one will have no badges, Episode 11 will have Badges 13 and 14 (both have the same Level Cap of 85 and being located in the badlands which we are going to meaning they must be very close together) Episode 12 will have no new badges as Badge 15 has a 10 level cap increase, Episode 13 will have badge 15, Episode 14 will have badge 16, Episode 15 will have badge 17, Episode 16 WIll have badge 18 and the league and the Postgame (and if the post game is it's own seperate release, it'll be Episode 17)

• Like 2

Beta has begun bitches! The brave bug-catchers who've been selected to better v11's stability and balance have been bothered by their invites already.
If you haven't been bothered by an invite, don't be beleaguered! Bitter as it may be, there will be other betas in the future. Besides, a better-balanced release will be less bewildering and broken to play.

But before I bounce, bemember to believe in beta-chan!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Developers
4 hours ago, heloo5t5 said:

Jan senpai why hast thou forsaken me I wanted to beta test :(( anyway good luck beta testers 

I'm sorry! I nearly received 100 applications for a beta of session of about 20. I like to invite newer people each time so you have a better chance next time!

• Developers
14 hours ago, Lspaceship said:

Here's hoping that in version 12, we may ascend to the highest level of a developer's trust.

It's not about trust, it's about manageability. Having larger betas is just overwhelming for me, personally. I prefer having a smaller group. 

2 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

So, is Melia a Cetra?

What is a Cetra? 

12 minutes ago, Jan said:

It's not about trust, it's about manageability. Having larger betas is just overwhelming for me, personally. I prefer having a smaller group. 

What is a Cetra? 

cetra is that race from ffvii i think

they have magic

Will there be another "spin-off" episode release with V11 like 'Where Love Lies' was with V10?

For the record, I'm not suggesting that it's something expected from us; we understand creating these games takes a lot of time and effort. Just if there is one being released with V11 (or even one in the future) I'd be super hyped because I loved 'Where Love Lies'.

If not I'm still looking forward to seeing V11!