5. Roswell as ???
7. Venus as ???
8. Jace Stormkirk as ???
13. Alistair as ???
17. Lord Drakyle as ???
18. Eviora as Candy, the Red Roses' Treestump
19. Quinn -> Amine as ???
25. Purplecicada as ???

Based on the large number of players in this game, I believe the mafia started with 5 players. 2 are dead, so 3 are left. Neither I nor Venus can currently vote; that means 6 voters are left. If 3 of those are mafia, we practically lost already. Therefore, I am going to assume Venus is mafia. That's the only way we win.

Lord Drakyle is confirmed town. Based on the argument between Quinn and Alisae, I am all but certain they were not on the same faction, and Alisae was mafia, so I'm confident Quinn -> Amine is not. I also doubt Quinn was C'thulu, because she bandwagoned against herself to prove Alisae wrong, so I am going to assume Amine is town.

That leaves Roswell, Jace, Alistair, and Purplecicada.

Soso claimed at least one of Roswell and Alistair were not town. I have been suspicious of Roswell all game, but Alistair's last post, where he suggests Amine might be mafia despite all that has happened, is incredibly suspicious. I'm not fairly convinced Alistair is mafia - and Roswell may be, too. They may be playing us against each other to try to divide our vote. But, so far, Roswell has voted for Alistair. If that vote changes I will view it as tantamount to a confession.

Alistair claims Jace is town, but I don't trust Alistair. @Jace Stormkirk I would like to hear your input.

@purplecicada We've heard so little from you, you're hard to assess. At this point in the game, the mafia knows practically everything. Convince me that you're town with all the information you have.

@Alistair Let's say you're telling the truth. Then you, Jace, Drakyle, and I are all town. That means the other four can't be town; they must be the 3 mafia and C'thulu. However, you counted Venus' vote as a town vote. That's impossible. Congratulations; you're in contradiction! I wonder if you even care to try to talk your way out of this one.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eviora oh, you're slaying me... figuratively for now, but it may soon become literal, I'm afraid. Don't let arrogance blind you to the fact that you haven't figured everything out, though.

Due to the cult erasing deceased players' former alignment, you cannot know how many mafs are left for certain. This is something to take into consideration when evaluating who has a chance to be town and who hasn't.

Additionally, I maintain that Jace is town. You may not trust me, and it's your choice to not do so. But if you want your third eye to fully open, this may be an information you'll want to keep in mind.

Oh, I haven't mentioned it earlier, but it appears necessary to warn you about something: Jace and I are bonded together by the ties of eternal love. If one of us dies, so does the other.

I expect you to call this a desperate bluff because I feel endangered by your suspicions, however I can assure you it is not. Lynching me won't exactly do the town any good, given the precarious circumstances.

I may offer you alternatives, if you're interested.

Guest Sparkin'

º2çªsf12r12wklf0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'f0'aqmaqmaqmaqm1gn3wo0epqlssssssagnmweqgto+ekgeawsºf

f+awºmr5h+awo3ylw+r4hyl+awjrn+howaj+rlhaw+s4gyl+wpwpwpwpwpwpwpwpwpbhm4r 3ws

gr+m4r nhwo4y

waze4nmyp3ew+º34ly+3wwwwwwwmmmmmmmmmgyw34amº4ewdtglaw.34emads+afo234e+wdgkçh,mj5eopfj+lºbn 3o4ep

go+dºlzsnannn

ioraekçf

• Global Mods

It is very possible that this game started with 5 mafia members, given the amount who signed up. It adds up in my book. However, it could be that some of the mafia members were culted. We’d know more if we voted someone tonight and, if they’re mafia or Cthulhu that’s all good but, if there’s another NK we know there’s a mafia member left. Now, I cannot prove my innocence especially as I do not have a night action, but I hope my words can at least give you guys some faith. I would rather not risk losing as town to mafia or Cthulhu, meaning I would rather not risk losing Jace or Ali (as Ali is claiming) because this would put us at a vulnerable position, Evi. If you are saying there was a contradiction in someone’s statement, ie. Venus amongst a town vote, we should lynch the person making that statement or lynch Venus himself. I’d rather not lynch Venus but it could be that he’s typing like this because he might be Cthulhu himself? Sounds farfetched, but it’s not a bad tactic in order to keep him as an innocent in others eyes. Ali, I haven’t exactly been busy irl but I suppose being sick is busy? I’m sorry if my message is a bit scattered as I’m still sick... ^^;

I’m going to vote for the only other person I can here, because I don’t want to risk losing 2 people with one lynch, if they’re both innocent, and I’d want to make sure we all agree on a Venus lynch before I decide to go for one.

[eliminate] Roswell.

Oh, um, whoops! It looks like I completely forgot to account for the dead cult members! I guess most of my last post was nonsense, then! ^.^;

So, this opens three dead players up for consideration: Bazaro, Nickcrash, and Seal. I feel Bazaro may have been mafia, but can't be sure. Townlean for Nick. If Alistair is to be believed, Seal was town.

Do you guys know what C'Thulhu's win condition is? I checked epic mafia and it says they only win with the cult, which kind of just died.

Regardless, soso claimed at least one of Roswell or Alistair weren't town, and since soso was town, I believe him. We should lynch one of those two.

@Alistair I still suspect you for a number of reasons. Firstly, given what soso said, why isn't your vote for Roswell? If you're town you should know Ros isn't.

Secondly, how did you get the info that Jace and Seal are town? You seem to know a lot.

Thirdly, why did you assume Venus is town?

@Jace Stormkirk Is it true that you're bonded with Alistair?

@Eviora I was also confused as to how Cthulhu wasn't modkilled by Dive due to losing their wincon, so I asked Dive earlier today. It appears Cthulhu can also win by being the last one standing (or at least, the last one with another player, or the last one with players who can't vote).

Being town does't give knowledge of who isn't. As of now, I don't know Roswell's alignment. I chose to go after a potential Cthulhu, rather than him, because I have a strong feeling he isn't Cthulhu. Cthulhu scares me more than mafia because Cthulhu is cult-like; they make other players harmless to them, until no one can stop them.

As I said before, I've shared private chats with Seal and Jace from the beginning. These were the built-in abilities of my role. They've both assured me that they were town, and although they could have lied, I have no reason to believe they did. I haven't found any inconsistencies in what they said, their votes and behavior add up... they are/were clean as far as I'm concerned.

...I'm assuming Venus is town before he was Cthulhu's victim, but you're right, it doesn't automatically make him innocent, much like former mafs could have been culted. This is an oversight on my part.

@Alistair

Soso had information that said at least one player on a list of them wasn't town. You and Roswell are the only survivors of that list, and everyone else was town. Therefore, if you're also town, you know Ros isn't. The fact that you continue not to acknowledge this information strengthens my suspicion that you and Ros are mafia together. You have no reason to overlook him if you're town. He could be the C'thulhu you're so worried about.

I see Jace has gone from 100% town down to "i don't suspect him." That's worth noting, too. I want to know more about your role; I don't think you're getting out of this alive without a roleclaim - one that includes the Reborn member name associated with the role.

@Eviora Ah... very well. You're very good at spotting inconsistencies, so I'll just cast the mask away and go with the truth.

I am Alistair, the Heartbreakers' Lawyer (yes, RNG gave me my own role). Every night, I can visit someone and make them look innocent.

Additionally, I've been sharing independent chats with Alisae, the other "Ali twin" (Seal) and Eviora, my waifu (Jace). I've been in 3 different private chats throughout the course of this game.

I've also been performing the mafia's night kills recently. For instance, I killed the cultmaster last night.

I've known that both Seal and Jace were town from the start, since they weren't part of the mafia chat.

Roswell's dream was correct, I was indeed the blackened among Sosobean, Sailboat and myself. Roswell is town, and has been telling the truth all along.

I don't know much about Amine, bar the fact that he's not mafia. He's most likely just town.

Both my mafia companions and the cult (from whom I briefly received instructions through Seal, before I stabbed them in the back) were convinced that Purplecicada is Cthulhu, and I believe so too.

Lastly... Venus is my last mafia companion. Despite being driven mad by Cthulhu, he's still perfectly capable of performing his NA, and the factional kill if necessary. He was the one roleblocking Roswell all this time.

Now the choice is yours. You can either lynch me, or Venus, or Purplecicada. Keep in mind that what I said about Jace is the absolute truth and we'll die together if one of us falls.

If you kill me, you'll lose Jace, Venus can still kill someone at night, and Purplecicada can still drive someone mad. I'm objectively the worst target for the town.

If you kill Venus, same thing but at least you won't automatically lose Jace.

If you kill Purplecicada, no one will be driven insane anymore but you'll have to deal with an existing mafia faction for at least 2 more nights.

Pick your poison.

Don’t assume Ali is telling the truth yet. This all seems too convenient. The only other mafia member is the person who can’t deny it? I have lots of thoughts to share when I can. 

@Mafioso Divergent If there is a c’thulhu this game, please tell us anything you’re willing to about it, particularly whether it can outlive the cult and its win conditions. 

@purplecicada If you wish to deny being c’thulhu, now is the time.

Yeah, I know it seems exceedingly convenient that the other maf I'm bussing happens to be the only person who can't defend themselves. I didn't expect you to believe me right away. But it's the truth, and everything I said in my previous post is true as far as my knowledge of the game goes. I'm putting what I know on the table, and it's up to everyone to decide what to do now.

@Eviora yes i have had a private chat with alistair this whole game. i could never be culted due to my deep love to alistair. if i die the next day phase is skipped and alistair dies also so that made me safe from mafia kills. i have two win cons either i win with town or if just me and alistair are the only ones left (i tryed for the latter cause it would have been epic if we won that way) that is all i know

@Alistair Since you're suggesting that there's 2 remaining mafia, I do have a couple questions:

1. Can you confirm the running theory of mafia starting at 5 members?

2. If so, who among the culted was a mafia member?

These aren't particularly relevant, I'm just curious.

In terms of what Alistair said, there's nothing there that I that I can really contradict. Jace backs up the lovers line, and he's supported my own testimony against him. On the other hand, his phrasing towards C'thulu doesn't make sense (i.e. he says that purplecicada can still make someone go mad, when C'thulu in epicmafia requires being visited to do so which, if purplecicada is C'thulu, no-one has reason to visit).

From Alistair's testimony (assuming you believe it) I believe there are 3 options:

1. Lynch Alistair (Today -> 4 town voters, 1 mafia voter, 1 TP voter. Jace's death day skip means that, assuming nothing else, mafia gets 2 NKs, leading to 1 town vote, 1 TP vote (with Evi and Venus still unable to vote). From there, assuming the rules work like I think they do, I think C'thulu wins [since it can't killed unless town has a killing role still available]).

2. Lynch Venus (Today -> 4 town voters, 1 mafia voter, 1 TP voter. No Jace death means only 1 NK for mafia, meaning next lynch is 3 town votes, 1 mafia vote, 1 TP vote. From here, town lynches the other two at their leisure. Town wins, assuming Alistair's information is honest)

3. Lynch cicada (Same as above, except replace TP voter with a mafia voter.)

As such, assuming no other role interference, the evidence points towards lynching either Venus or cicada being town's best options. The issue being whether or not Alistair's testimony can be trusted.

Suppose we play it safe and lynch cicada, if she turns out to be cthulu then it will make our decision easier, as far as I can tell Jace and Alistair have no reason to co-operate if one of them was Cthulu and neither could become lovers without sending sweet hearts since it would mess with the head of whoever tried it but either way our only trouble becomes dealing with whoever it is the mafia kills.

then again we kill Venus, no one visits Cthulu and Roswell can attempt to dream his dream to see what he can only way to stop him would be the mafia targeting him which would be a predictable target but at least we can deal with it.

I say our best bet though is taking out Cthulu if their win condition is a game ender if not we take our Venus.

@Mafioso Divergent Only thing I want to know is if Cthulu's win condition ends the game?

Cthulhu's win condition now is to survive as the last player alive or at least be a part of the last two, the other member of the two being town only. Of course, the town player obviously loses in that case.

If the game ever comes to a 1 town: 1 mafia: 1 Cthulhu situation (only those who can vote though) during the day, the win is decided by a lynch as mafia cannot eliminate the townie unobstructed with the presence of a Cthulhu. In this case, town is lost instantly; however, ironically, they get to decide the winner faction.

@Mafioso Divergent Please answer Roswell's question ASAP; it is extremely important to the outcome of this game.

Everyone, I request that you not take everything Alistair said at face value. It would only take one wrong move on our part for the mafia to win. For example, if purple isn't C'thulhu and we kill her, and the mafia gets a kill off at night, we'll basically lose on the spot. (Actually, even if purple *is* C'thulhu we lose if we lynch her today...)

@Mafioso Divergent Actually, Dive, I'd like to ask a few more questions.

1. If C'thulhu is left with 2 or more townies none of whom can vote does C'thulhu lose? If we just follow your last post, the answer is yes.

2. Are you confirming the existence of C'thulhu in this game?