[Valentine's Day Celebration] Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

Daniel Blackworth

Vote Tally 3.1

Anti_Hero (8) - Lord Drakyle, Sosobean, Alistair, Digital Amber, Amine, Bazaro, Roswell, Jace Stormkirk
Paul25 (1) - Paul25
Newt (1) - NickCrash

NickCrash (1) - Newt
Not voted yet (4) - Castiel101, Seal, Purplecicada, Anti_Hero
Cannot vote (2) - Eviora, Venus

@Castiel101 Twice you have not voted and met post requirements, last warning; inactivity next phase will warrant consequences

@Seal @purplecicada Please meet voting and posting requirements. Thanks.

Chocolate Tally 3.1

Sosobean - Sweetheart Chocolate to NickCrash

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

The Day of February 8

Paul25 looked left and right to see if there was anyone else in the institution at the time. He was stealthily moving along the university's corridors in the dead of night. Why he was exploring the school at night wasn't clear even to him. He had heard of a Valentines' Cult forming slowly in the unseen sides of Azurine University and he was there to stop it as he had heard rumours that it grew out of the assistance of a love potion, deemed to be illegal in the language of love.

He carefully stepped slowly inside one of the classrooms. He was there to stop another person from falling madly in love with this facade of a lover. He knew nothing about the identity of the leader of this cult, but he was hoping to at least help despite this lack of information. He entered the classroom, but suddenly found himself tripping.

He looked up and saw a guy. "Oh, hi there, Paul!" The guy gleefully said. "I lied about the whereabouts of that perso. You're gonna be with me for tonight; however, you'll be broken in the daylight~"

Meanwhile, the Cult Leader took the unconscious student in his hands. This unconscious student was brought by one of the members, fresh for conversion. He took a container of liquid and placed it in the student's lips.

"Get ready to fall in love with the one and only me ~"

Paul25 was brokenhearted. They were Paul25, the Red Roses' Shrink.

Paul25: Paul25 is a trustworthy individual, one whom students count on to be a caring and loyal person. He's positive and hardworking, trying to extend effort in anything he does. He's someone who believes that love is a feeling of great affection towards someone; in his point, familial love is the best kind of love because it is one where you are more likely going to find what you need and you're less likely to be betrayed.

You wish the best for anyone and you want to protect them from turning away with the town's purposes.

As the Red Roses' Shrink, you visit a person every night and stop them from being converted. You can target yourself. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

It is the Day of February 8. Azurine University is open for everyone. At this point, you may discuss about the preparations for Valentines' Day and make sure that no one ruins this celebration. You have 48 hours to do so.

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

Mafioso Divergent as Matchmaker

1. Newt as ???
5. Roswell as ???
6. Digital Amber as ???
7. Venus as ???
8. Jace Stormkirk as ???
9. Bazaro as ???
10. Sosobean as ???
11. Castiel101 as ???
13. Alistair as ???
16. NickCrash as ???
17. Lord Drakyle as ???
18. Eviora as Candy, the Red Roses' Treestump
19. Quinn -> Amine as ???
22. Seal as ???
25. Purplecicada as ???

2. Hooligan as EndearingCharacterTrait, the Red Roses' Doctor / 1x Lightning Rod [Heartbroken N0]
3. Alisae as Corso, the Heartbreaker Club's Stalker [Heartbroken D1] 
4. Corso as Digital Amber, the Red Roses' Penguin #1 [Heartbroken D2]
12. LykosHand as Sailboat, the Third Party Mistletoe [Fell in Love N0]
14. Candy as Divergent, the Heartbreaker Club's Spy [Heartbroken D2]
15. Paul25 as Paul25, the Red Roses' Shrink [Heartbroken N3]
20. EndearingCharacterTrait as Sosobean, the Red Roses' Cop [Heartbroken N2]
21. Sailboat as LykosHand, the Red Roses' Groom [Heartbroken D2]
23. Amine as Venus, the Red Roses' Trapper [Heartbroken N1]
24. Anti_Hero as Hooligan, the Red Roses' Agent [Heartbroken D3]

• Global Mods

Apologies for being absent. I have been unwell irl and haven’t been able to concentrate on things. Also, I may have missed things thanks to the bug (again) even after refreshing twice. I’m confused as to why Paul didn’t cure Sparks (Shrinks can cure victims of Cthulhu) when I asked the Shrink to cure him. Hmm. Also, there was a comment that said I was included in 7 people for being the Cult Leader? No, I am not the Cult Leader. I am a townie, probably one of the last ones around at this point. I do not feel comfortable sharing my role, so if you don’t trust me then feel free to vote for me, idk.

@Bean what on earth are you on? I’ve seen you go for Nick a lot.

Dear @sosobean,

You sent a Sweetheart chocolate. If the friendship one makes us friends, then the sweetheart choco makes us lovers.

Since we have been losing town members by the numbers, I would rather not be reliant on someone. If we become lovers, when one of us dies, the other does as well.

Unless you wish to terminate a townie with a lynch (since people already suspected you), this was a bad idea.

Besides, I am not responsible for everyone who didn't give a chocolate yesterday.

Accept this: [Give Friendship Chocolate] Sosobean

Edit: As for Paul, I don't know why he didn't cure Venus from his madness. Did he not know that his role could do that? 

I must say this was not expected but I also am getting rather annoyed with Newt constantly focusing on calling out to the cult either we lynch newt and shit him up or we focus on people who seem to only follow the lynchs without inputting anything on their thoughts to it.

I don't know why Soso was after Nick, but I've stopped questioning Soso's logic long ago.

@purplecicada Yes, you were (and well, still are) on my list of possible cult leaders, among many others. That doesn't make you the primary suspect in particular. It's just a possibility. Inviting others to vote for you is a common mafia/TP strategy to deter votes though (reverse psychology 101), so I'm keeping an eye on you.

The shrink being dead is a problem because that means we can't learn anything from Venus until Cthulhu is dead, and the way things are currently going, I'd say Cthulhu is unfortunately pretty low on our list of priorities. I would focus on finding the cult leader first (lynching them would also deprive Cthulhu of their wincon), and the remaining mafs second (they benefit the cult by killing more townies such as Paul).

I haven't participated a whole lot during the game so far, I'm sorry, but here are my current reads on other players to make up for it:

Newt: Not much to say here, he's been confirmed as TP Cupid for a while and deprived of his wincon. Maybe he's culted, in which case his anger towards the cult leader is merely an act.

Roswell: Odd case. To me his behavior has been rather strange, yet doesn't appear frankly scummy. In my opinion he's either still town, or a culted townie.

DigitalAmber: I have heavy doubts about him. I don't recall him taking any sorts of risks, and I don't remember anything that could paint him as townie. Potential mafia or cult leader.

Venus: Currently near impossible to read, literally and figuratively. If he were the cult leader, that would be hilarious, but I don't count on it. From what I recall his behavior was towny before he got cursed.

Jace: I am quite certain he's town. He was willing to share information with the messenger by using his code. No maf or TP would spontaneously do that.

Bazaro: I initially townread him due to making sense and being overall reasonable in his contributions. This read still stands somewhat, but isn't as certain as before.

Sosobean: I beanread him. Due to a lack of conclusive elements to prove his innocence, he remains a suspect, but that's about it.

Castiel: Extremely hard to read due to a lack of contribution. I think a cult leader of maf would be more involved than he is, but he's definitely not under the radar.

NickCrash: Generally good contributions. Had disagreement with other players, but that doesn't really paint him as scummy. Townlean for now.

Lord Drakyle: We know he's a vanilla townie. Not much else to say.

Eviora: We know she's the town treestump. Not much else to say.

Amine: I know not posting a lot is his usual playstyle, but I don't remember him asserting any kind of strong opinion, and that reminds me a lot of how he acted when he was maf in the past. Scumlean.

Seal: I know he's town. This knowledge is inherent to my role. Please trust me on this one.

Purplecicada: Doesn't appear too scummy and I believe her, but she's also notoriously good at blending in when mafia. So, still a suspect.

Tl;dr: the players I'm most wary of are DigitalAmber, Sosobean, Castiel, Amine, and Purplecicada.

...to hell with it, I'm not getting much use out of my role at this point anyway.

I'm Seal, the Dreamer. I got a N0 3 person dream (containing Alistair, sosobean and sailboat), with at least one of them being a non-town (not explicitly mafia, just not town) and have been visited (and thus blocked) every night since. With sailboat's death (and subsequent town flip) it's narrowed down to 2 people.

Bit of a coinflip, but Alistair's seemed a bit more helpful to town thus far, so I'm inclined to trust him between the two (naturally, making an assumption that only one of them is non-town).

[Eliminate] sosobean

I'm inclined to agree on some points with @Alistair. I have to disagree on others.

Newt: I stand by my belief that he's culted and this is all an act. A continuous, stubborn act. Cult (even if just a lackey)

Roswell: Eviora made me question his place in all this. He was eager to agree with E's plan on confusing town, and wouldn't accept it as his mistake when confronted about it. That's scummy behavior if I may say. Mafialean

DigitalAmber: I remember that he was busy irl when he made the other 2 mafia games, so I understand why he's mostly absent. He has given some contributions and the way he posts is quite similar to that when he was wrongly accused in a previous game. Not definite, but townlean on him.

Venus: He was providing useful contributions before ...you-know-what... happened. He's townlean in my book. Cant read him now. Trying to fish him in other mafia games.

Jace: I have no idea, since I can't say I have seen him write anything of use so far. Cthulhu. Possibly 3rd party trying to blend in by staying silent.

Bazaro: Keeps calm and tries to assess the situation from an outside perspective. This logical behavior may net him some people suspicious of him, but I think he's trying to evaluate the situation as accurately as possible. Town.

Alistair: Hasn't been posting a lot, but he was right about some people. In general, good contributions. Wasn't afraid to voice his thoughts. Definite town in my book.

Sosobean: I... honestly doubt his intentions. He brought some useful info a while back about the Alisae lynch, telling us he definitely found 4 non-town voters among the 8 that voted against Alisae. Yet, he never mentions this again during the game. He goes after me, but I don't mind him. Thing is, this weird behavior is even weirder when it comes from sosobean. I believe he's culted, and some non-town roles in there were the ones that culted him, and that's why he has shut up about it. He's my first target to lynch today.

Castiel: He claimed to have my role. Then never spoke again. His early contributions were helping mafia in their plans, pretty much like Ross's did. However, not posting means I cannot read between his lines. Even if he's a mafia or cult, he's not active, so I don't think we should focus on him. A rNickCrash not used to its maximum capability. Shame

NickCrash: Best Bloke Ever

Drakyle: We know he's town. I doubt he'd get culted, unless they knew about my doubts and culted him. Yeah, not enough time to inception that.

Eviora: We know she's town

Amine: Welp, Quinn's ragequit pretty much convinced me she was town. Given Amine was awarded the role after flipping town means he is more probable to be town as well. Had he been Mafia or 3rd Party, he would have information about them that wouldn't make his change of alignment fair for either party. In other words, he would have information about them that he shouldn't have. Thus, Dive avoided this problem. Thus Amine is town.

Seal: He doesn't talk much. I have trouble reading him. Had he been maf, he would have contributed more having seen his fellow members die in front of his eyes (sad pepe). Right now he's definitely not a high priority target, for any alignment really. Had he been discussing in mafia/cult chats, Dive wouldn't need to scold him about being away. I don't really know what he is. w/e, maybe Cthulhu or just town who doesn't care much.

PurpleCicada: I have no idea, really. Your absence doesn't allow me to read you properly. However, I'm not sure you really are town. What's your role? We are in a weird situation right now and proving yourself innocent is more important than the reads on others, tbh. Soso was an easy target after all. Mafialean / Cult-leader

tl;dr version

We should focus on:
Newt, Roswell, Sosobean, Castiel, Cicada

Thanks for the ping Nick because it made me read Roswell's post too.

Assuming Roswell's information is accurate, then it's pretty clear in my eyes that Sosobean is either mafia or TP.

That said, I have to second Nick's question. Why not sharing this with us one day earlier? It could have saved Anti. Kinda makes me wonder whether Roswell has some hidden agenda going on.

For the time being, [Eliminate] Sosobean

The reason I waited until today was because I figured that the previous visits were town visits (they still could be, but given the consistency, I doubt it), was still hoping to get another dream off, and I was honestly suspicious of Anti-Hero's alignment.

And as I said at the time, I supported Alisae's idea so that, if I died, I could give the town someone to go after (since I would've given one of the ones that was in the dream had it come about). I admit, with hindsight, that it looked scummy, but I'm always kinda expecting to be killed in these games, so I wanted to make sure my role would be at least slightly useful.

At this point, though, my best contribution is just to be upfront and give you the information I have. At least that way I've helped find something, even if I die/get visited for all eternity.

tfw you actually want to use your NA on yourself but never make it in the nick of time. :/

Drive off the scums and Third Parties, Town!! You can do it. With me as dead, you're on your own glhf for the subsequent journey!!