[Valentine's Day Celebration] Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

Daniel Blackworth

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If C'thulhu is left with 2 or more townies none of whom can vote does C'thulhu lose? If we just follow your last post, the answer is yes.

No. Cthulhu can and will still vote so it definitely auto-wins.

2. Are you confirming the existence of C'thulhu in this game?

It's been confirmed multiple times in the form of announcements and it's also been confirmed the moment Venus could not vote and started speaking in gibberish.

Time for some counting, then...

Right now, I assume we have 3-4 town who can vote, 1-2 town who can't vote, 1 C'thulhu, 1-2 mafia who can vote, and 0-1 mafia who can't vote. I'll take Alistair's word that there aren't 3 mafia left, 'cause if there are, we're pretty screwed.

So, here are our options:

1. Lynch Alistair today. As far as I'm concerned, Alistair is now guaranteed mafia. The only other option is he could be C'thulhu, but if that's the case, I feel like he just has too many abilities. In fact, I already think he's claiming too many. Two private chats and lawyer? That seems like a lot.

There a chance Jace is actually Alistair's mafia ally. If that's the situation, things actually become a bit easier for us, even though they may not be bonded by love. So, for now, let's assume Jace is telling the truth.

If we lynch Alistair and Jace also dies, there will be 2-3 town who can vote, 1-2 town who can't vote, 1 C'thulhu, 0-1 mafia who can vote, and 0-1 mafia who can vote. Then, if the mafia kills a townie and C'thulhu disables another townie, we'd have 0-1 town who can vote... which means we pretty much lose. Of course, there's a chance C'thulhu and the mafia will choose the same target, or one of them will fail. It's in C'thulhu's interest to not let town lose tonight because, if we do, they'll be killed by mafia. The exception is if Jace is C'thulhu and has an alternate win condition with Alistair.

2. Lynch purple today. If we do that, we're 100% trusting Alistair, which doesn't sit well with me. If purple is town and mafia murders another town at night, we'll have 0-1 town who can vote... again, a loss.

3. Lynch Venus today. Once again, this requires us to put our trust in Alistair. If we lynch Venus and he's town, we're pretty screwed. If we lynch him and he's mafia, then the mafia kills a town and C'thulhu disables another, we'll be left with 2 town who can vote, 2 town who can't vote, 1 C'thulhu, and 1 mafia who can vote. This is pretty dicey. At that point, we could lynch the second mafia, but if C'thulhu cults one of us, they'll win. We could lynch C'thulhu, and the mafia would probably kill another town voter... but killing C'thulhu would release some townies from their disability and we would win.

Option 3 seems best to me, after some consideration. I'll put my faith in Jace and in my hunch that Alistair was previously trying to trick us into thinking Venus was mafia.

[The third eye falls upon] Venus

Er, the second last line of my previous post should read " I'll put my faith in Jace and in my hunch that Alistair was previously trying to trick us into thinking Venus was town." xD

• Global Mods

I have stated loads of times that I am not Cthulhu. Your target lies elsewhere. We either lynch Ali or Venus, or find our answers elsewhere.

[unvote] Roswell

[vote] Venus.

Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

The Night of February 11

Amine was one of the top organizers for Valentines' Day until he had reached a fight with some other preparation-in-charge people due to his belief that affection doesn't need to be limited to one person only and it's possible to love several at an equal level.

He walked across the corridor confidently. Although he had that kind of encounter before, no one had caught his planning and scheming behind the scenes with the Heartbreaker's Club. Flirting with some other people and making them interested more in him than Valentines' was one of his tasks in the club to trump Valentines'.

Unfortunately, for him, he had meddled in the affairs of Candy, and she was not going to let that just end. After all, she had experienced pain and suffering because of deceitful love. Alas, she exposed him for his deceitful flirting, especially with what he had been doing with a certain person the past few nights.

Venus was heartbroken. They were Amine, the Heartbreaker Club's Hooker.

Amine: Amine is one of the outgoing juniors in the university; he is often seen having a good conversation with a group of friends while at other points, students witness him flirting during recess and lunch. He believes that love should not be limited; instead, it should be open to any and all ideas. He used to be the Vice President of the Shipping Club.

You think that Love shouldn't be limited to the notion of being only with one person. This doesn't necessarily mean that you're polygamous; instead, you believe that equal affection can be given to multiple people. This is why you want to stop Valentines' Day.

As the Heartbreakers' Hooker, you visit a player every night and spend quality time with them, blocking them from performing any action. You convert Virgins to Villagers and Mistletoes to Mafia, as well. You win when you eliminate all town players or when it is impossible to resist

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

It is the Night of February 11. Azurine University is closed at this point in time. You may not comment on the thread, but you may send in specific night actions. You have 24 hours to do so.

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

Mafioso Divergent as Matchmaker

5. Roswell as ???
8. Jace Stormkirk as ???
13. Alistair as ???
17. Lord Drakyle as ???
18. Eviora as Candy, the Red Roses' Treestump
19. Quinn -> Amine as ???
25. Purplecicada as ???

2. Hooligan as EndearingCharacterTrait, the Red Roses' Doctor / 1x Lightning Rod [Heartbroken N0]
12. LykosHand as Sailboat, the Third Party Mistletoe [Fell in Love N0]
3. Alisae as Corso, the Heartbreaker Club's Stalker [Heartbroken D1]
23. Amine as Venus, the Red Roses' Trapper [Heartbroken N1]
14. Candy as Divergent, the Heartbreaker Club's Spy [Heartbroken D2]
4. Corso as Digital Amber, the Red Roses' Penguin #1 [Heartbroken D2]
21. Sailboat as LykosHand, the Red Roses' Groom [Heartbroken D2]
20. EndearingCharacterTrait as Sosobean, the Red Roses' Cop [Heartbroken N2]
24. Anti_Hero as Hooligan, the Red Roses' Agent [Heartbroken D3]
15. Paul25 as Paul25, the Red Roses' Shrink [Heartbroken N3]
10. Sosobean as Roswell, the Red Roses' Sensor [Heartbroken D4]
11. Castiel101 as NickCrash, the Red Roses' Governor [Heartbroken D4]
22. Seal as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken D4]
6. Digital Amber as Newt, the Third Party Cult Leader [Heartbroken N4]
9. Bazaro as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken N4]
16. NickCrash as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken N4]
1. Newt as Jace Stormkirk, the Third Party Cupid [Heartbroken N4]
7. Venus as Amine, the Heartbreaker Club's Hooker [Heartbroken D5]

Love at First Lie: A Chronicles Sidestory

The Day of February 12

Seal was having another nightmare in his room in the dorm of the university. Someone was keeping him negative company apparently in the dead of night, making sure that he wouldn't have a good dream. After all, he had that knack to find out something from his dreams.

Unfortunately, this nightmare wasn't going to end. He found himself being rejected by a girl he confessed to and growing up to be old without any companion or partner to be with. He woke up in cold sweats, too bothered to do anything for Valentines'.

The morning had drawn to an open. Valentines' Day was near its time. Its fate would be decided today and tomorrow. Who knows how this Valentines' would turn out? Will it be ending in bliss or in misery? In hope or in despair? In love or in lies?

Roswell was heartbroken. They were Seal, the Red Roses' Dreamer.

Seal: Seal is one of the youngest in the university, but several have expressed interest in his love for seals and Pokemon. He's working on his own fangame, a dedicated and hardworking student who aims to succeed in this regard. He thinks that love is all about appreciating or being happy for someone or something.

As the Red Roses' Dreamer, you receive a dream if you are not visited at night. The dream will tell of three players, at least one of whom is non-town or a dream of one innocent player. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

It is the Day of February 12.  Azurine University is open for everyone. At this point, you may discuss about the preparations for Valentines' Day and make sure that no one ruins this celebration. You have 48 hours to do so.

》》♡ 》》》♡《《《♡《《

Mafioso Divergent as Matchmaker

8. Jace Stormkirk as ???
13. Alistair as ???
17. Lord Drakyle as ???
18. Eviora as Candy, the Red Roses' Treestump
19. Quinn -> Amine as ???
25. Purplecicada as ???

2. Hooligan as EndearingCharacterTrait, the Red Roses' Doctor / 1x Lightning Rod [Heartbroken N0]
12. LykosHand as Sailboat, the Third Party Mistletoe [Fell in Love N0]
3. Alisae as Corso, the Heartbreaker Club's Stalker [Heartbroken D1]
23. Amine as Venus, the Red Roses' Trapper [Heartbroken N1]
14. Candy as Divergent, the Heartbreaker Club's Spy [Heartbroken D2]
4. Corso as Digital Amber, the Red Roses' Penguin #1 [Heartbroken D2]
21. Sailboat as LykosHand, the Red Roses' Groom [Heartbroken D2]
20. EndearingCharacterTrait as Sosobean, the Red Roses' Cop [Heartbroken N2]
24. Anti_Hero as Hooligan, the Red Roses' Agent [Heartbroken D3]
15. Paul25 as Paul25, the Red Roses' Shrink [Heartbroken N3]
10. Sosobean as Roswell, the Red Roses' Sensor [Heartbroken D4]
11. Castiel101 as NickCrash, the Red Roses' Governor [Heartbroken D4]
22. Seal as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken D4]
6. Digital Amber as Newt, the Third Party Cult Leader [Heartbroken N4]
9. Bazaro as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken N4]
16. NickCrash as a member of the Harem of Newt [Heartbroken N4]
1. Newt as Jace Stormkirk, the Third Party Cupid [Heartbroken N4]
7. Venus as Amine, the Heartbreaker Club's Hooker [Heartbroken D5]
5. Roswell as Seal, the Red Roses' Dreamer [Heartbroken N5]

Ah... is it time for me to die, really?

[Eliminate] Lord Drakyle

@Amine Chankey3ft7 @purplecicada Whoever among you is Cthulhu (I'm quite sure I already know who, but I'm pinging you both just in case), I think it should appear pretty obvious to you that if I die today, the game ends with a town victory. Your only chance is to side with me; remember that I cannot visit and kill you at night, lest I go mad myself. Please lend me your assistance and eliminate Drakyle so the game can continue.

Upon further thought, this is more complicated than I realized. Two players have key choices to make.

For this post, I will assume Jace is town and purple is C'thulhu. If I'm wrong about that, town will unite against Alistair and experience a straightforward victory.

@Jace Stormkirk If you're town, congratulations. You win the game. The question is who you win with: town or Alistair.

If you vote with town, we will enjoy a straightforward victory. But I have a feeling you're considering going for that epic victory where just you and Alistair remain standing. If you do that, the outcome of this game rests with...

@purplecicada By process of elimination, if Jace is not C'thulhu, you are. In that case, my condolences, but you lose the game. You can vote with us to lynch Alistair and you will lose but live. Or, you can vote with Alistair (and Jace, if he chooses betrayal) and kill one of the townies. If that happens, then at night Alistair will kill the other townie, then the next day he and Jace will lynch you. You lose and die.

So the choice you now must make is town vs Alistair. Life vs death. Do recall that Alistair is the one who exposed you. If it weren't for him, you might have won. Time to take revenge~ Live on with us and continue your slow maddening of the world!

(Reminder: I am excluded from all analyses because I can't vote. There are effectively 5 players left.)

I'm afraid you're missing the mark, forgetful one. The mafia's chance to prevail was lost the moment I threw Venus under the bus. Regardless of what happens today, this game's conclusion will be something else entirely.

@Eviora Finally, someone understands! I'll congratulate you for getting the big picture.

However, you cannot win Jace over to your side at this point. The town has nothing more to offer him than I do. As for purplecicada, she'll decide the outcome of this game indeed. Although I'm not really the one who exposed her; her identity as Cthulhu was common knowledge among multiple players several cycles ago, and it's all but a miracle that it hasn't been more clearly stated in the thread yet. In fact, I disobeyed instructions from both the cult and the mafia to keep her alive for so long. Food for thought~

Order, or chaos? Let's see which one triumphs today.