Types Hurt & Heal (BUG TYPE WINS with 8 HP)

dragonsbeat

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Hide contents

Personthing, you'd be surprised at how mistaken you are. While yes bug has options for rock, that doesn't instantly mean rock is an easy MU. "Oh, fairy has Gardevoir with STAB Psychic, poison must be easy!" no, it's not. Secondly, Fire. Which again, isn't easy because of one mon they have. Fire has enough coverage to be able to take down Araquanid and then proceeding to burn all bugs. And then Flying... Yes, it's winnable. but please tell me a person who runs HP Ice on their Galvantula and be 100% serious about it, because all in all, that's a bit of a wasted moveslot. Now I would say That "Dragon vs Fairy is easier for dragon than you'd think due to the secondary types and some dragons having insane coverage", but I feel like I said enough about one type for a little while. And fairy still has the advantage, cuz you know, base stab being stronk vs dragons.

@Wolfox

As someone with a lot of experience in monotype I'd say I know what I'm talking about. But I do think you are mistaken on my opinion on Bug vs Fire (which might be on me since I may have made it look like Bug has a big advantage in that match up). Bug vs Fire is all about who gets the momentum going first, as offensively both types annihilate one another and neither can really switch into one another. It's quite even, with a slight edge to fire, and Araquanid can take a pretty heavy beating from non STAB coverage unless it's band Entei or just Darmanitan in general. When it comes to Bug vs Rock though, rock just cannot handle all the options a standard bug team carries for it. Even if you go purely standard and don't throw in any unusual options like Scolipede who can nearly obliterate rock on its own aside from accelrock users and Rhyperior, a normal bug team has: Scizor, Heracross, Mega Pinsir, sticky webs, and Araquanid is pretty common too. All of which are carrying super effective moves that rock just cannot bulk at all (not that Araquanid or Mega Pinsir like taking rock moves either, but Mega Pinsir is still a good deal faster than most rock types, especially with sticky webs on the field), especially in tandem with one another. It is very different than Fairy vs Poison where Gardevoir is the main Pokemon Poison fears taking hits from (though it doesn't especially love taking Earth Power/Diamond Storm from Diancie at all aside from Mega Venusaur or Thunderbolts from Tapu Koko unless it's AV Alolan Muk, or again Mega Venusaur) vs Bug vs Rock where Rock is terrified of most Pokemon on the Bug team. Also nowhere did I suggest that flying is not a very hard match up in general, just pointing out some things Bug can do to win.

Finally, I run hidden power ice paired with energy ball and thunder (bug buzz is redundant on it) gives Galvantula coverage for a lot of annoying Pokemon such as Swampert (great for luring it in too), Gastrodon, Gliscor, Thundurus-T, both versions of Landorus, Seismitoad, Mamoswine, Garchomp, Dragonite (as long as rocks are up though banded extreme speed hurts alot), Quagsire, and just Pokemon that resist or are immune to electric in general.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just going to ignore all the arguing here. Yep, that's what I'll do.

Water: 9

Grass : 26

Dragon : 11

Electric : 17

Steel: 13

Fire : 18

Ground : 21

Ice : 23

Fight : 20

Normal : 18

Ghost : 18

Dark : 19

Bug : 24

Flying : 15

Rock : 19

Poison : 18

Psychic : 18

• Global Mods

Water: 9

Grass : 26

Dragon : 11

Electric : 17

Fire : 19

Ground : 21

Ice : 23

Fight : 20

Normal : 16

Ghost : 18

Dark : 19

Bug : 24

Flying : 15

Rock : 19

Poison : 18

Psychic : 18

Water: 8

Grass: 27

Dragon: 9

Electric: 17

Fire: 17

Ground: 21

Ice: 23

Fight: 18

Normal: 16

Ghost: 18

Dark: 19

Bug: 25

Flying: 15

Rock: 20

Poison: 18

Psychic: 18

Spoiler

@Hycrox @Personthing Having played some monotype myself, Flying was hell, because I could hardly get through than infernal Stealth Rock setting Landorus. It used Block on my Forretress and proceeded to get a +6 with Swords Dance. I was lucky for trying out stuff and having Counter on Forretress, or I'd probably get nearly my entire team decimated by EQ. Zapdos is another hell to deal with. The only way I've managed to deal with it is by Shell Smashing and Stone Missing Edging with Crustle. Otherwise, it is a stallfest. Prankster Thundurus can be equally annoying. If not more. I hate having to predict whether he'll go for Taunt on my Forretress lead, or whether he will predict a change of mine and Nasty Plot up. So, one wrong decision there gives me huge problems. And priority Thunder Wave is hell to Bugs, who rely on Speed control for a safe sweep. Also, Flying means Sticky Web for speed control is useless. So, if they can safely remove your Stealth Rocks (priority Defog by Thundurus) you have a huge disadvantage. 

Now, I don't even wanna imagine being running a Dragon monotype and having to face a Tapu Lele or a Magearna (Not sure if it is banned or not). Hopefully Naganadel will help a bit! I do think that we need more non-pseudo/legendary Dragons though. And damn, having a Dragon of every secondary type apart from a Dragon/Bug really annoys me. Give us Mega Flygon GF.

And yes, wall texts do build character :D 

@Jess Lele was banned I think one or two weeks into Sun and Moon because it was OP in combination with Mega Meta (which got banned I think a month later). And magearna I think halfway through sun and moon, right after Marshadow got quickbanned. And I don't doubt for a second that Naganadel is getting banned (if it's not already).

@Wolfox Like i said to Hycrox, I think that GF kinda overdid it with the OP mons in this generation.

We got:

Legendaries: Solgaleo, Lunala, Silvally (it counts as one, but it isn't but a lesser Arceus in my eyes...), Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Necrozma -->8(!)

Mythical: Marshadow, Zeraora, Magearna -->3

Pseudo-Legendaries: Kommo'o (1)

Ultra Beasts: Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon -->10(!)

And, apart from Kommo'o and Silvally, they all have stats befitting of a Legendary. It is pretty ridiculous. How do people live in Alola I wonder, they actually walk around, see a Legendary and they go "OH FUCK OFF, NOT ANOTHER ONE...."

Oyoy who decided it was a great idea to hurt the best type in the game?

Heal water, hurt electric

Water: 7

Grass: 28

Dragon: 11

Electric: 15

Steel: 11

Fire: 15

Ice: 24

Fight: 19

Bug: 23

Poison: 19

Psychic: 14

Hurt WATER (Worst type in the game) heal bug

Water: 5

Grass: 28

Dragon: 11

Electric: 15

Steel: 11

Fire: 15

Ice: 24

Fight: 19

Bug: 24

Poison: 19

Psychic: 14

As for hurting the best type, that ship sailed when fairy was knocked out day 2...

Edit: So I just looked at the time and date and surprise surprise, it's 40 minutes until a new day. So if it's not too much of an issue I would make the compromise that (because it's only 40 minutes) this will count as my add for December 27. However, if this happens to me again it should nullify all heals and hurts I've done the last two days IMO

If this is like ICSW's Hurt/Heal threads, it didn't have to be a full 24 hours between votes as long as 1) it was a different day than your last vote according to your time zone and b ) it was a reasonable gap (say at least 16 hours between them).