[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 1 - Promised Land

Notus

Ahmed just stared at whatever that hing Beverly was in entered inside of whatever that giant robot was supposed to be, and in his mind he quietly thanked God for giving Ms. Grouchy something better to do for the rest of the day.....or possibly her life.

When Kyou and Satomi finally made their way to his position he would wave at them while he sent a message to Satomi that said "Is your father fine? Also why are they putting Beverly inside of a giant robot? And why do we even have giant robots in the first place?". He then sent the same message to Kyou for no reason in particular.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the plug filled with liquid Beverly instinctively held her breath for a bit until she remembered what she was told. It felt odd in the plug heavy and wet definitely not something eon should be wearing a min skirt in. She was surprised At the voiced as it sounded over the radio. "Well as comfortable as a girl in a mini-skirt in liquid can be... i should of took my jacket off before getting in i guess." She said slowly unsure of talking in the liquid. "But anyway yeah i'm ready." she finished with a determined look on her face "I will do something this time. i won't let it happen again." she thought to herself as she got ready.

Edited by rustytengo

Beverly
"Right then, just a moment." She heard Dr.Hashimoto say, any sarcasm he might have showed in the previous phrase replaced by cold professionalism. Moments later, the inside of the entry plug started flashing with colored lights in a way that was almost psychodelic, before  setting for a first person view view of the outside; suddenly, Beverly could see the hangar through the EVA´s vision. "A-10 nerve connection normal. Thought interface set to English.  All preliminary contacts stablished, performance nominal. synchronization rate at 25%. Removing restraints 1 through 15."

Beverly could see the many metallic structures that where locking the EVA into place being taken out one by one. After the process started and the hangar was clear of personnel, Satomi´s father voice sounded again. "All right, try to walk now. Focus on one step at a time."

Satomi nodded to Ahmed, and then sent back a message.

Group Chat; Ahmed, Kyou, Satomi

I think he's more than fine - he seems to be the one running this thing, from what we heard a bit earlier. No clue why they're making Beverly pilot - they tried to have Ranga do it too.

Beverly closed her eyes at the lights.Once the flashing was done she opened them and saw the hanger,she let out a  "cool" as she looked around.  Once she heard Doctor's Hashimoto voice she nodded unsure if they could see her or and took a deep breath which still felt weird in the liquid. She focused her mind the best she could and to herself mumbled "Okay, ready boots start walking." as she did her best to get the Eva to take a step.

Edited by rustytengo

I have an idea but its kinda messed up. and it still doesnt explain why they dont just use soldiers or something

Kyou was still visibly nervous, though she seemed to be keeping it under control for now. She kept switching between staring hard at the Eva that Beverly had entered and staring hard at the screen of her communicator, hoping fervently for a reply that didn't come from one of the people right next to her.

Ahmed resisted the urge to tap the walls of the tunnel in his impatience as he stared at the giant ro-Evangelion that Beverly was piloting, and he quietly typed out another message.

Well what is it then? It might not seem relevant due to how absurd you are making it seem, but it just might have everything to do with why they were chosen.

All

For a moment nothing happened, but then the Evangelion started slowly raising it´s right foot. Slowly... slowly... too slowly. "Unit 16, you´re losing balance." Beverly heard doctor Hashimoto say, clearly worried. "Focus on not fall-you´re falling already. Brace for impact!"
 The whole hangar shook violently when the EVA hit the floor, face first. Even in the control room Dr. Hashimoto had to be careful not to fall out of his chair, and just outside it Admiral Sauer had to grab onto the railings and hold Ranga to prevent the girl from falling down the hundred meters that separated them from the hangar´s floor.

There was no one to hold Kyou, Satomi and Ahmed when the grate they where standing over opened, though.
For a terrifying moment it seemed that the trio was done for. Adalard and Daisuke looked at them, three kids falling for their deaths out of nowhere, with a mix of confusion and fear. Satomi saw her father getting up and shouting her name behind the glass window of the command center, but couldn´t hear it. And then...
 Then a huge hand stopped their fall, holding all three on it. 

To those in the safety of the command center, the scene that presented itself to them was even more unbelievable than the rest of the whole situation they were in: one Evangelion holding three kids delicately on it´s hand, and other two with her heads turned towards them, as if looking at them.

Satomi stayed stationary for a minute, hyperventilating a bit from the surprise near-death. Then she realized she wasn't dead and was staring at whatever it was that had caught her. She followed the bronze hand to it's origin, one of the 4 formerly inactive titanic robots - a bronze and silver colossus, heavily armored and yet somehow still with a more slim, almost feminine figure than the others.  It hadn't moved it's head - if it was 'looking' at them like the others it was only at the bottom of it's gaze. The fall had hurt, because falling on metal, but she wasn't dead so no complaints. Normally, this would be the point where she assessed the situation logically - there must be a pilot right? - but that was taking a bit of a back burner.

Satomi took a shaky attempt at a deep breath, and glanced at the other two - seemed alright. Then aroun- oh shit those other Evas are looking at them, they weren't doing that before. She then looked over to the command deck, and saw the admiral and her father and the other people there staring at them. She attempted a weak sort of wave. She'd be concerned about how metaphorically dead she was from her dad but at least she wasn't actually dead.

Kyou screamed at the top of her lungs when she fell, and likely would have continued to do so for a moment if the impact hadn't nearly knocked the wind out of her. Her hands scrabbled at the hard surface around her before finding Ahmed and Satomi and latching onto their arms in a death grip, trying to draw some comfort and calm from the other two (likely in a manner that was less than pleasant for them.) It took her several moments to process what had happened as she, too, panted with fear, her mind racing around enough to not even notice that a giant robot had apparently moved of its own volition to catch her. 

"Merde!" Beverly yelled as the Eva fell on to the ground. She was stunned from the impact for a few moments before letting out a growl as she managed to get her bearings again."Damnit it!" She grunted "Get up! I'm not going to stand around and do nothing aging. So get up you piece of junk!" she continued trying to get the Eva to move or at least get up unaware as to what is happening.

Satomi, just noticing Kyou's particular reaction now, cautiously moved to pat their back (...Satomi still wasn't sure if Kyou was a boy or a girl). "W-We're ok, you can let go, w-we're safe now..." she said, without any real idea if they were safe but just trying to calm them.

Satomi, Ranga, Kyou, Ahmed

"Satomi!" Dr. Hashimoto´s shout echoed through the hangar as he threw his headphones aside and ran ou of the command center. Some of the maintenance workers had already started to move to rescue the chidren and extended a platform to the EVA´s hand so they could get out. Daisuke Hashimoto didn´t wait, however, and ran through the improvised bridge like crazy, proceeding to kneel beside Satomi and hug the air out of her. "Are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere?"

Adalard seemed lost in thought for a moment while someone spoke to him through the earpiece he was wearing. Ranga only heard him answer "Is that so?" before he gently pulled her by her hand towards the near end of the bridge. "I don´t know how you kids got here." He started to say in a stern tone. "But apparently this is Fate working in our favor. Please, come here."

Beverly

EVA 16 reponded better this time, managing to get on it´s knees and then stand up. Beverly heard some shouting through the radio and then no answer from the voice speaking to her. After some time of silence, she heard a sigh and another voice came in. "Oh for f#ck´s sake. Are you the new pilot?" a holographic screen appeared to the left of the cockpit, showing a video feed of a red haired girl wearing some weird kind of red suit, and sitting in a cockpit just like hers - although the words marked above it indicated that was the EVA 02. She had an clearly annoyed look on her face. "Look, this idea is idiotic. You are not anywhere near the level to provide me with any support. Spare me the trouble and get back. Just imagine the EVA walking back as if it was your own body and try not to fall again, will yo- ugh!" the feed stopped for a moment and then came back with the girl´s face showing more of pain than annoyance.
"Verdammt! I´ve got to focus now, just go back and don´t make me more trouble!" she barely shouted at Beverly before finishing the video call. 

Ahmed gently patted the Evangelion's hand before he slowly but surely made his way towards a less unstable place to be, and he shrugged his shoulders before he said "This doesn't have anything to do with how the Evangelions were looking at us or how one of them caught the three of us doesn't it?".

Satomi had been trying to extricate her arm from Kyou's iron grip (dang, running around maintenance shafts all day seemed to have given them some upper body strength) when out of nowhere her father came catapulting into her. After a few moments of shock, she taps his back - "N-Need to breathe...!" but when he released, she'd just return the hug (with less oxygen deprivation). "I-I'm fine, a bit sore but n-nothing feels broken." she assured him. She doesn't at first seem to realize she's been asked to go to the admiral, but Ahmed speaking up prompts her to notice - she gets to her feet, a bit shakily. She clears her throat and coughs. "I-I'm sorry for coming without permission." she says, trying to take a formal tone both to her father and the admiral. "But taking those two away without an explanation in this situation... Kyou and I were concerned." she tries to explain, adjusting her glasses - well, she would have if they'd stayed on during the fall. Shit where - oh there they were, that's a relief. She picked up the glasses from the Eva's palm and put them on. And then adjusted them anyway. A little cracked - she'd need to replace the lens.

Ranga felt her feet lose grip on reality as well as her mind going numb with infinite possibilities of something going wrong in Beverly's Eva...she would not have even noticed falling to her death had the Captain not caught her and held her safe. When she was back on the floor, feet trembling, she still first looked over at Unit 16 then at the Captain and everyone else that fell from the ceiling...

wait what...

Okay that wasn't unexpected with them already having crawled into the Doctor's office earlier...wouldn't have expected anything less from Kyou! Even as such, though...the Evas unnerved her. They'd moved to catch them. Had someone controlled them remotely?

Regardless, Ranga pulled at the Captain's sleeve. "I'll go, I'll go too. I can hold Beverly so she won't fall again!" Her voice was frantic but there was a tone of determination in it as she shouted.

Beverly grimaced at the girls in red words. She was right after all Beverly had no clue how to pilot this thing and would just get in the way. Beverly lowered her head and took a deep breath again and took the girl's advice on how to get the Eva moving, but instead of back to where it was she wanted to go forward to the fight and to being useful even if it was only as a distraction.  

Kyou eventually forced herself to release Satomi (and somewhat belatedly, Ahmed.) She skittered onto the platform as soon as it was available. . . and stopped almost immediately, waiting on the very edge. "I'm sorry, please, I know I was supposed to never come here again but I didn't know where they were taking Ranga and Beverly and I just wanted to make sure they were okay. . ." Her blubbering trailed off, as she ran out of excuses; she simply stood there with clear fear in her eyes, unwilling to approach the man at the end of the bridge.

Ahmed, Ranga, Satomi, Kyou

"This doesn't have anything to do with how the Evangelions were looking at us or how one of them caught the three of us doesn't it?".

"I'll go, I'll go too. I can hold Beverly so she won't fall again!"
"I'm sorry, please, I know I was supposed to never come here again but I didn't know where they were taking Ranga and Beverly and I just wanted to make sure they were okay. . ." 

Admiral Sauer gestured for the children to calm down and started answering them one by one. "It is good that you worry about your friends, but you have to understand that we are in an emergency, life or death situation. We can´t afford wating time to explain every single thing." He then looked at Ahmed and kept speaking. "And as a matter of fact, young man, it does have everything to do with it. We´re running out of time so I´ll explain it later, but it seems you´ll be able to join miss Connors and miss Durian as pilots. What do you think?"

". . . Huh?" It took Kyou a few moments to process the statement. She took a few steps toward the admiral, finally moving closer. "Did you mean all of us?" Piloting an Evangelion. . . that was a scary prospect. She'd have to fight that Angel out there, and probably more unless it was somehow the only one on the whole planet. But it was a chance to do some good, and, well, it wasn't every day you got an opportunity to pilot a giant mecha that you technically weren't even supposed to know existed. "B-Because I'll do it." She tried to avoid pondering what her parents would think.

Ahmed's mind couldn't really decide if he should look up and down a particularly knightly looking Evangelion with an amount of focus that would be completely and utterly inappropriate to display in a workplace setting in front of the man whose name he does not remember. This is why he settled for violently shaking the man's hand up and down before he said "YES! And just so that we are absolutely clear about how I feel about this; Ja, Sí, and nem fielaan!". He found himself dancing in excitement while he wildly gestured at the assembled Evangelions for a while before he said "NOW WHICH ONE OF THESE ROBOTS DO I GET IN?".

Satomi froze at the Admiral's statement. "...Excuse me? Us? Pilot? Why? Aren't those... they must be..." she paused, and looked at the bronze colossus that had caught them. ...If the Admiral was asking them to pilot then that might mean- "...It's not piloted, is it?" she asked. 

Her, pilot an... an Evangelion? Her father would never allow it - but he could be overruled by the admiral. And... she had this distinct feeling, that she didn't have a real choice in the matter. Not when there was an Angel outside, not when the robot had moved on it's own to save them - how do robots even do that, this isn't an anime! - , and not when the Ark might be in danger if she didn't.

All

For a moment Dr. Hashimoto seemed completely enraged by the Admiral´s suggestion and the children´s positive answer to that, but Adalard had predicted that and gave him the best don´t interfere look he could muster - which apparently was pretty good, because the doctor only angrily nodded and headed straight for the control room.
 "Very well then. I thank you for your bravery, children, it may save us all. The staff will lead you to the respective entry plugs, and we´ll launch your Evangelions right away to support Miss Connors. Dr. Hashimoto will give you instructions and teach you the basics through the cockpit´s radio, so don´t worry about not knowing what to do out there. Your mission is to support the Evangelion Unit 02 in defeating the Angel that is attacking our ship. For the sake of the human race, come back victorious."

With that, Admiral Sauer let the staff members lead the kids to their EVAs and went back to the control room, where he was greeted by a visibly annoyed Daisuke Hashimoto. "So, we´re putting unprepared kids on the front lines and hoping for the best, is that the plan?" 
"You didn´t seem to find it a bad idea until your daughter joined the other two, Daisuke. Besides, last time it did work."
The doctor let out a heavy sigh and added some more sarcasm to his tone. "Yes, it worked so well that we ended up like this."

When Beverly and her EVA 16 reached the gate and grabbed one of the Pallet Rifles stored near it, EVAs 17, 18, 19 and 20 were ready to deploy right behind her.
 And so the biggest Evangelion squad ever deployed in an Angel attack was set into motion.

Asuka

Asuka Langley Soryu was fighting in defensive mode, something she didn´t like at all. Her EVA´s left arm was broken, and she felt her own arm throbbing in pain - though it didn´t matter much, she´d been in worse situations before. 

What really bothered her was the great idea of a group of survivors who thought it would be safer to hide behind her in this fight - which wasn´t an entirely wrong notion, but limited her movements too much for her to properly attack her foe. 

That was when she caught a glimpse of another EVA appearing from behind the ship, carrying a Pallet Rifle. The red head rolled her eyes, sighed and then opened an open video call with the other pilot- pilots, apparently. "Well, you chose not to listen to me. Don´t come crying afterwards saying I didn´t warn you, kids. Now that you are here, though, try to make yourself useful." She then shifted to a more professional tone and started giving instructions. "I need someone to distract the Angel from a range, use that toy gun you´ve got there. While it is distracted, one of you will take my place in shielding the civilians behind me, and the rest will stay alert to provide cover fire and help if the Angel tries something funny. Got it?"

Asuka then positioned EVA 02 for sprinting when the newbies started firing, progressive knife in hand just in case she was attacked before that. "Start when you´re ready, and try not to blow it, kids"