[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 1 - Promised Land

Notus

Ahmed wondered what the rest of the group was talking about as he continued to try and clean himself up from the uncomfortable goopish liquid he was submerged in earlier. And it took him quite a while before he realized that "Sir" Kyou had apparently decided to endure the sensation of smelling vaguely of human blood for a quite disturbing amount of time...or they could have chosen to take a shower somewhere that is more...private he guessed.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never said those where the reasons why i was like how i am. She only asked what my issues where, and i told her. " Beverly said as she washes the shampoo out of her hair. "The reason why is probably disappointing like your robot shutting down in the middle of battle so i won't bore you with the details." She said as she turned off the water. "Your lucky we where there or or what happened to that red eyed when the angel or what ever it was would have happened to you." she finished as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel.

Kyou angrily resumed scrubbing without bothering to respond to Beverly's further comments. She was only not fine because she was stuck in the showers with a bunch of girls, damn it, and having someone continue to call her a rodent with their (faux? she didn't know) concern laid overtop was NOT helping. It didn't take long until she was satisfactorily - uncomfortably, even, given her general state of dress and hygiene - clean, and she stalked off in search of a towel that would ideally be far too large for her. Somewhat belatedly, she realized she had no actual changes of clothing. That's my favorite shirt. . .

Asuka fell silent for a moment and then answered in a (surprisingly) calm tone. "I was pretty much useless out there this time, I know that. And I think I already thanked you girls, but that doesn´t mean I need to take whatever you say without complaining." Then she seemed to realize something and turned her head to look at Beverly. "Wait a minute. Red eyed? What do you mean?"

Beverly looked up from drying her hair surprised that was the thing Asuka hung on to. "Yeah, right before the angel or whatever came out of the ground there was a girl with red eyes standing where it was. Though i doubt that shes living anymore. Both of those two should of saw her too she looked right at us." Beverly said pointing to Kyou and Ranga before going back to drying her hair. The one thing she hated about her hair was how much of a mop it turned into after a shower.

Asuka opened a locker that had her name on it and grabbed a yellow dress, knee high, simple but pretty - the other girls would probably find jeans or something provided by the ship´s staff, but she had more time to prepare. " Did she have blue hair and look like she was bored of everything? If so I might have seen her before... Well, I bet more than one aquaintance of mine was caught on that anyway." She tried to sound as neutral as possible but, if that was true, then she would have to look into it - that girl probably meant trouble.

Kyou quickly slipped on the clothes she found in the locker; blessedly, the outerwear was a simple t-shirt and jeans. Evidently the staff hadn't had the time or inclination to get cute with her. She pulled them over herself with a clearly hurried manner before quickly walking back out of the locker room. If no one stopped her, her first task would be digging her communicator out of her still-sopping discarded clothing and checking it - unless someone had already taken care of such.

Beverly closed her eyes in thought trying to remember the girl. "Yeah she had blue hair. I did't really pay any attention to her expression so not sure on that." she said after finally getting her hair somewhat dry. As she looked at the clothes that they left for her she growled a little under her breath she wasn't particularly found of the looks of them, but she put them on anyway they where somewhat tighter then she would of liked. "Anymore questions Miss Ace Pilot?" Beverly asked as she walked to the door waiting for a response before leaving. 

Satomi was also quick to slip on the clothes, once she was dried off (she wondered how they'd known her... sizes, but then figured they probably had it from the medical exams). Standard t-shirt and jeans, which she was just fine with, then she put on her glasses. She walked out too, but left Kyou alone and... waited for the others. She wasn't sure why - after all, they weren't so much friends as... coworkers? Neighbors? At least for now - she sort of just felt like she should. 

"No, I think that´s enough of you for the day." Asuka dismissed Beverly´s question, walking past her and out of the locker room without looking back. She then stopped for a bit and looked at Stomi over her shoulder. "Hey, you look like the most responsible out of you kids. Bring everyone to the Command Center after you are all done, there´ll be a mission debriefing and maybe you´ll get some answers. I´ll go ahead."

Satomi seemed a little surprised, but quickly nodded. "Right, will do..." she said as the girl left... had she told them her name, even? She didn't quite recall. 

Still - answers. Answers were very good, and quite desirable after everything that happened - and did she have questions. 

Beverly narrowed her eyes at Asuka as she left. "You know I can hear you." She said as the girl left. She looked at Satomi with an annoyed looked on her face "Well I guess we should pick up whats his name before going i have a feeling he would get lost if we didn't." She said as she held the door waiting for Ranga to leave the room. Once she did Beverly gestured for Satomi to lead the way (totally not because Beverly didn't actually know where they where going).

Edited by rustytengo

Ahmed had decided to pass the rest of the time in the showers by singing an old little song one of his school teachers once taught him on a cold and otherwise boring recess period all those years ago (When A Knight Won his Spurs). And after he finished singing and drying himself off he finally put on his clothes and gingerly walked towards the medbay to wait for the others to finish freshening up.

When the pilots entered the command room, it was almost empty already: the only ones in there were Dr. Hashimoto, Dr. Neummann, silently waiting for them.

Dr. Hashimoto looked irritated, with a frown on his face, arms crossed and looking to the floor. He did lift his eyes when Satomi entered the room, but quickly looked away. 

Dr. Neummann, on the other hand, put little effort to hide her anger, her clear blue eyes looking daggers at Satomi's father. Once the children entered she loosened a bit, greeting them with a smile, but they could still feel tension in the air.

Admiral Sauer and Asuka were talking in a corner of the room, too quietly for being heard by the rest of them, but quickly wrapped up the subject and headed back upon the pilots' entrance. Asuka pulled a chair and sat down with a bored expression, but Adalard kept standing and started to talk.

"Welcome back, kids. First of all I want tp thank you in the name of all the ship's crew and passengers. We had no right to ask something that dangerous of you, nor expect results out of it, but you still went out there and saved us all."

The Admiral sounded legitimately grateful, his stern face loosening up a bit.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions, and I think you deserve to know about what's going on - although we ourselves don't know everything about the situation, and some points are confidential. I'll answer whatever I can though, so please don't be afraid to ask."

Satomi entered quietly, and took a seat. She pushed up her glasses, her normal nervous habit (which probably showed the cracked lens), before putting out the first question. "...How long have the Evas been here?" she asked. She glanced at her father in particular as she asked this. "I mean, they were obviously here before we left. But... when did these ones get built? Evangelion research and development was banned, wasn't it?" Although of course, now it seemed like whoever had decided to continue in spite of the ban had made the right call. 

"Does this mean I can talk about the Evas without getting, shot or something?" Kyou spoke bluntly, with a slight hitch midsentence - she was going to say "thrown out an airlock," but they weren't in space any more. That was going to take some amount of getting used to. "It'll be kind of hard to hide them now, I think." Satomi's question raised some others in Kyou's head, but she didn't particularly want to ask them aloud. Why did they get banned in the first place? . . . And why are they alive? Robots don't bleed like that, and they don't have bones and muscles.

"I mean, they were obviously here before we left. But... when did these ones get built? Evangelion research and development was banned, wasn't it?"

"The EVAs you piloted today are all new. NERV built them over 60 years - more, if you count the time we spent recovering lost tech. It should have been less time, but problems with the pilot interface showed up and we only managed to solve them when Dr. Hashimoto started working on the project." Admiral Sauer answered. "The ban was just a facade to avoid panic - after the 3rd Impact we needed people to trust each other if we wanted to survive, and the thought of giant Angel slaying weapons being built might frighten them." 

"Except by my Unit 02." Asuka intervened. "She's the only remaining EVA from the pre - 3rd Impact age, it's thanks to her that NERV managed to build the others."

"Yes, there's that." Admiral Sauer continued. "By the way, I think you were not properly introduced yet. This Asuka Langley Soryu, the first pilot of the new EVA force. She's been training for a while now, so if you have any doubts in regard to piloting you can ask her."

"Does this mean I can talk about the Evas without getting, shot or something?"

"Well, sure their existence won't be a secret anymore after all that." Admiral Sauer answered Kyou. "We'll make an official statement soon explaining what we can but, for security reasons, you're not allowed to tell people you are the pilots, nor disclose any information that isn't on the official channels."

"So lets ask the main question then. What the hell is happening? Didn't we leave earth because of things like that worm or what ever it was. How are things like that here?" Beverly asked rather annoyed at people avoiding the main question(well what she considers the mine questions). "Oh yeah....does this also mean that the military is going to take custody of The Little Miss and me?" she asked pointing to Ranga as she did.

Admiral Sauer exchanged a worried look with Dr. Hashimoto upon hearing Beverly's question.

Alma, on the other hand, leaned forward in her chair and looked very interested on the subject too.

"Well, we did and we did not." the Admiral started to answer. "The aftermath of the Angel War exhausted Earth, that's what forced us to leave. The thing is, Angels were thought to be aliens on the first place, so we had no way of knowing if we wouldn't end up meeting them again even after we left - and that's why NERV built the new EVAs. Now we know that was a valid concern." After a small pause, he continued. "Now, we obviously wouldn't willingly land on an Angel infested planet, so we sent probes to Canaan's atmosphere to make sure it was safe to land - and all of them returned with positive results. Angels can't hide that easily, and along with some other details that seem a bit out of place... I believe the probes' info was adulterated on purpose."

He paused for a long time to let the information sink. The silence was broken by Asuka, sounding surprised - and angry. "You mean someone on the ship wanted to land in a planet inhabited by Angels? That's crazy... And dangerous, maybe as much as the Angels themselves." 

"Yes, I know. I've already ordered an investigation in order to discover who did that." Adalard answered her. "As for your second question, miss Connors, I'm afraid we'll have to take custody of all of you. You see the situation we're in, and we can't let anything happen to you." Before the Admiral could answer though, both Dr. Hashimoto and Alma intervened.

"Wait, you can't -"

"Admiral, I don't think -"

After an awkward moment, Daisuke fell silent to let Alma speak. 

"Admiral, I've been left in the dark about all this up until now, and I think I mademy position about letting children pilot those things . Now you want to take them away from their families and friends and lock them with the combat personnel? I'm sorry but I can't agree with this notion from a medical and psychological point of view." 

Dr. Hashimoto nodded and added "Not to mention that the saboteur is surelly from within our ranks; it may be even more dangerous to leave the kids with the soldiers and officers."

"Do you have any other ideas, then?" Sauer asked the other two, to which Alma was the one to reply. 

"Let them stay with me. They'll be in the directors' block, well guarded and with the proper mental health support. Daisuke and Satomi live there already, so they'll also be close by in case of an emergency, and we can arrange for the Ahmed's and Kyou's families to move there as well."

After a moment considering it (and a quick glance exchanged with Asuka, which only the more perceptive people would notice) Admiral Sauer nodded. "Right, we can do that if the kids approve." Then he turned to them and asked. "Are you okay with that?"

On 10/26/2017 at 8:16 AM, Notus said:

"Well, sure their existence won't be a secret anymore after all that." Admiral Sauer answered Kyou. "We'll make an official statement soon explaining what we can but, for security reasons, you're not allowed to tell people you are the pilots, nor disclose any information that isn't on the official channels."

Satomi thinks for a second about this - "What about the civilians who were on the ground? I talked to them a couple times, what if they recognize my voice?"

She didn't say much as the situation was explained, trying to take in the information given. A traitor? How does one even betray people to the Angels? Why? That's... pretty literally crazy. Suicide is one thing but this is trying to murder everyone.

When the admiral suggested that they take custody of everyone she was almost on her feet, but her father and the other doctor had it covered. ...Well, if nothing else, the place was comfortable. She glanced at the others, waiting to see their response. 

Ranga happily trotted behind the others in their crew towards the command center. She seemed to have calmed down from the battle and was actually sort of excited to hear what the captain and the others had to say. What met her at the center, though, was more of a mixture of emotions. The opposing side was obviously conflicted, with the doctor from earlier clearly against the whole ordeal but the admiral proudly praising them for their work. This made Ranga uncomfortable, and the feeling only grew as the arguing continued. She jumped up when Beverly called her out but remained silent. That's right, they'd been talking about adoption, so...

"I-I don't mind." She said. "I'd like to stay with the doctor." She didn't quite realize she didn't really have a choice, so she had nothing to complain about. It even made her somewhat happy to know she'd be staying with all of the others and not separated and alone.

Beverly frowned at the answers they weren't what she was expecting especially the answer to the second one."Well its not like i had any family or friends that would of missed me anyway but i guess stay with the shrink is better then getting stuck with the military." She said looking rather annoyed. "So this traitor person or whatever would they have anything to do with that red eyed girl some of use saw before the Angel attacked?" she asked as she remembered. the girl and what Asuka said in the showers.

While Ahmed had a much more pressing question on his mind that he had wanted to ask. Everyone else had already went and asked their own questions so rapidly that it seemed to be an incredibly terrible time to ask said question. And this is why he settled for simply asking "I would be fine with it but I just have to know....did any of you manage to find my father or mother after the battle? The last time I heard from them they said that they were still trapped outside...".

15 hours ago, Twinwolf said:

"What about the civilians who were on the ground? I talked to them a couple times, what if they recognize my voice?"

"The loudspeaker system on the EVAs has a voice filter to avoid such situations." Now it was Dr. Hashimoto that answered. "So what they heard certainly didn't sound as your voice, Satomi."

15 hours ago, rustytengo said:

"So this traitor person or whatever would they have anything to do with that red eyed girl some of use saw before the Angel attacked?"

"Sorry, red eyed girl? Could you explain what you mean?" Admiral Sauer answered Beverly with a confused expression on his face. Then Asuka intervened. "It's nothing, just an old acquaintance that seems to have been caught in the mess outside." She said, dismissing Beverly's worries. 

14 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

"I would be fine with it but I just have to know....did any of you manage to find my father or mother after the battle? The last time I heard from them they said that they were still trapped outside...".

"Oh dear." Answered Alma, who had been smiling at Ranga after hearing the girl accept her idea. "I ordered a check up for everyone who was brought in from the battlefield, so they're probably in the emergency area. The search parties for survivors are still outside too."

"I'll send word to all personnel to look for them and direct them to your new quarters, don't worry. And I know you probably want to go look for them yourselves, but with things as chaotic as they are now it'll be faster if you just wait and leave it to the ship's staff." The Admiral completed.

Kyou had tensed up and almost spoken out when the idea of the military seizing custody of the kids came up; hearing that she'd be able to stay with her family calmed her down, though she still wasn't keen on the idea that she would technically belong to the armed forces and not her parents. "Um, do you know if anyone has been able to contact Arash and Junko Verethragna? They're on the maintenance crew, and they haven't responded to any of my messages. . . And Sam, he was supposed to be with them today."