[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 1 - Promised Land

Notus

Satomi

"I see." Doctor Hashimoto said, seriously. Satomi's disconfort with her shoulder didn't pass unnoticed to her father, though. "Are you hurt?" He asked in a worried tone, rapidly followed by an annoyed "Neumann's staff should have checked you better." 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/25/2017 at 9:27 AM, Notus said:

Ranga, Ahmed Kyou

"Oh, me? I'm still a work in progress... I 've always wanted to learn to cook properly, but my studies and, later, my work didn't give me enough time to really try my hand at it. Guess now I have a good reason to focus on getting better, though!" Alma answered with a smile.

It wasn't long after that they heard someone knock on the door. The doctor excused herself and went to answer it. 

A young soldier greeted her and, after a brief conversation, she turned to look at the children over her shoulder. It was a quick glance, but she seemed worried.

"Kyou, Ahmed, could you come here for a second?" She asked in a calm tone. "Asuka and Ranga, could you take some food to Beverly and make her company for a little while?" 

Satomi

"Yes, there are no problems with my physical condition." Daisuke said, almost mechanically. "Although I could have had a better day, obviously." He then looked up from his plate for a change and stared Satomi in the eyes. "You seem to be holding pretty well, considering what happened." 

Ahmed nodded at the good doctor's direction before said "Alright, I'll be over there in just a moment", he then picked up his plate and went inside of the kitchen for a few moments to place it inside of the sink. After he hurriedly tried to wash some of the sauce away from the plate he walked back to the doctor and said "So is there something wrong?".

Ahmed & Kyou

Alma waited for Asuka and Ranga to leave before speaking to Ahmed and Kyou in the kindest tone she could muster "Well you two, there are some people here to meet you. I think it's better for you to see for yourselves. I'll give you some space." 

The woman then sent the soldier away and opened the door for two people to come in: Ahmed's mother, and Kyou's father.

The next realization was that they were absolutely not ok. Ahmed's mom was in a wheelchair, and Kyou's dad was missing his right arm. Both looked very shaken, so much that it took them a moment to recognize their son and daughter, at which point she opened her arms, calling for Ahmed's name, and he rushed to Kyou, dropping to his knees to hug her tightly with his remaining arm. Both were crying.

Satomi

"Oh, yes. That." Daisuke said simply. After thinking for a bit, he asked. "So... How was it? Piloting the Evangelion?"

Asuka, Ranga, Beverly

Asuka was the first to get up and get to the room, taking a bowl of pasta with her. She could imagine what was going on with the other two pilots, so she didn't complain at all and was actually pretty silent when she left the bowl near Beverly's bed. "Here, some food for you. It's pretty decent." The red head said, taking a seat and waiting for Ranga to join them.

Satomi took a few moments, thinking of how to answer that. "It felt sort of like... riding a bike after a long time without doing that, if that makes sense. It took a minute to figure out how to do, but then it was like I'd always known how to do it. As easy as walking." It had been really weird - she shouldn't know how to drive a giant robot, but she did. "Being that... big, was weird too. The people I was protecting looked like ants. I had to be really careful not to step on them by accident. It's strange, having that much power."

"Bâbâ!" Kyou nearly knocked the man over, barely giving him time to kneel before colliding with him in a full-body hug. "I thought you were dead, I'm so happy you're okay!" Her expression faltered slightly; the man wasn't really 'okay,' missing arm and all. He was alive, though, and that was what mattered. She wanted to keep talking, but she found herself tearing up as she pressed her face into his shoulder, blubbering mostly-unintelligibly. Eventually, she managed something to the effect of her being so worried about him and the rest of the family, though it took several attempts and piecing it together from such. 

Beverly slowly rose out from under the blankets at Asuka"s words. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes or rather dried tears of anger she looked at the food." I told the shrink that i would get something when i was hungry....." she paused a bit before grabbing the food "But i shouldn't complain if i get it delivered to me by an ace pilot." She finished with smirk. After shoveling some of the food into her mouth and swallowing it she spoke. "So whats going on out there?i can hear something though I can't make anything out." she asked before she started to eat some more food. Even she had to admit that she was hungry though she wouldn't say anything out loud about it.

On 1/1/2018 at 8:45 PM, Notus said:

Ahmed & Kyou

Alma waited for Asuka and Ranga to leave before speaking to Ahmed and Kyou in the kindest tone she could muster "Well you two, there are some people here to meet you. I think it's better for you to see for yourselves. I'll give you some space." 

The woman then sent the soldier away and opened the door for two people to come in: Ahmed's mother, and Kyou's father.

The next realization was that they were absolutely not ok. Ahmed's mom was in a wheelchair, and Kyou's dad was missing his right arm. Both looked very shaken, so much that it took them a moment to recognize their son and daughter, at which point she opened her arms, calling for Ahmed's name, and he rushed to Kyou, dropping to his knees to hug her tightly with his remaining arm. Both were crying.

Satomi

"Oh, yes. That." Daisuke said simply. After thinking for a bit, he asked. "So... How was it? Piloting the Evangelion?"

Asuka, Ranga, Beverly

Asuka was the first to get up and get to the room, taking a bowl of pasta with her. She could imagine what was going on with the other two pilots, so she didn't complain at all and was actually pretty silent when she left the bowl near Beverly's bed. "Here, some food for you. It's pretty decent." The red head said, taking a seat and waiting for Ranga to join them.

Ahmed was completely and utterly speechless when he first saw his mother, and he found himself unable to do anything but stand there in slack-jawed disbelief as his mother wordlessly (could she still speak?) motioned for him to embrace her, or to at the very least acknowledge her existence by speaking to her. It took a few awkward moments of waiting before he decided to just rush over and wordlessly hug her tightly for an amount of time that would be considered to be inappropriate in any other context. 

Ranga

Ranga nodded happily and followed Asuka towards the room and Beverly. She took her own plate with herself and sat next to the other two girls while still eating. "I don't really know what's happening." The girl said, turning towards the door in her seat and trying to listen in on what was going on. Did the doctor tell them to bring the food to Beverly so that she could get the other two alone for a moment? "Maybe we shouldn't pry."

Kyou & Ahmed

Ahmed's mother just answered to her son's embrace for some time before she spoke "Oh Ahmed, I'm so grateful that you're not hurt! The soldiers told me that you've saved some people during the rescue, I hopes it wasn't anything too risky... But you seem fine! Do you feel alright? Anything hurts? What about your brother and sister?" She asked with teary eyes.

Meanwhile, Kyou's father also recovered enough to speak with his daughter. "Kyou-chan, I'm so glad you're ok... You're not hurt anywhere, are you? I got stuck under the rubble near the entrance, unable to do anything... Damn, I thought I'd never see you again." He let go of the hug after saying this and put his one hand over her shoulder, looking her in the eyes with a terribly pained expresion. "Your okaasan, she... Junko didn't make it. She was right in the center of everything helping people to set camp."

Ranga & Beverly

"Yeah, she's right." Asuka said, for once not even caring about Beverly's provocation. "It's most likely bad news. Better let them have some space."

Satomi

"Yes, you looked like a natural piloting the Evangelion." Daisuke said, though for some reason his expression didn't make it feel like a compliment. "You have now access to something too powerful, Satomi, and too dangerous. If it depended on me you'd never pilot that monster again,  but now that's in the Admiral's hands." He finished his food and got back to the computer terminal.  "Now that it's come to this, you have three priorities: Don't do anything rash with your unit, don't let any of the other children do it with theirs' and, most important of all, don't put yourself in danger. If things get ugly just run, don't care for the others."

Kyou's grip on her father loosened.

. . . What? But I. . .

It felt like she'd been kicked in the stomach. When she saw her father, even if he'd lost an arm, she'd thought everything would be at least something resembling okay. They'd have a chance to get back together as a family, they'd get through all of this and help everyone else do it too, because that's what they did. That was what was supposed to happen, not any of the scenarios that had been playing through her head for hours. Especially not this one. She'd gotten in that damn monster machine, she fought the Angel, she didn't vomit all over the inside of it in the process, and she stopped herself from curling up into a ball of anxiety and stress this entire time. She did everything right, this wasn't supposed to happen.

Kyou simply fell silent, dully staring into space in the general direction of her father.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, Notus said:

Kyou & Ahmed

Ahmed's mother just answered to her son's embrace for some time before she spoke "Oh Ahmed, I'm so grateful that you're not hurt! The soldiers told me that you've saved some people during the rescue, I hopes it wasn't anything too risky... But you seem fine! Do you feel alright? Anything hurts? What about your brother and sister?" She asked with teary eyes.

Ahmed continued to tightly hold his mother close to him, as if he feared that she would suddenly disappear if he let go of her for just one moment. "No it was nothing, I just helped a couple of people try and help evacuate some people, it was nothing special really....and my brother and sister are fine, they are just worried about their father and mother as much as I am". He hugged his mother even tighter before he said "I am just glad that you are here".

On 1/18/2018 at 7:51 AM, Notus said:

Satomi

"Yes, you looked like a natural piloting the Evangelion." Daisuke said, though for some reason his expression didn't make it feel like a compliment. "You have now access to something too powerful, Satomi, and too dangerous. If it depended on me you'd never pilot that monster again,  but now that's in the Admiral's hands." He finished his food and got back to the computer terminal.  "Now that it's come to this, you have three priorities: Don't do anything rash with your unit, don't let any of the other children do it with theirs' and, most important of all, don't put yourself in danger. If things get ugly just run, don't care for the others."

"If we're lucky, I won't need to..." Satomi said as her father returned to the terminal, her tone betraying that she does not believe that they'll be that lucky. She listened quietly as he listed the three priorities - reasonable enough for the first and second, but the last... she'd need to think about that one when it comes to it. She adjusts her glasses a bit. "...Understood, father." she said after a while, quietly finishing the rest of her food. After she's done, she picks up the plates. "I'm going to clean up and then go to bed, if there isn't anything else?"

Kyou & Ahmed

Ahmed's mother flinched when he mentioned his father. "Son, your father..." she started saying, though the words seemed to be painfully stuck in her chest for a moment. "He went outside to look for me but... I wasn't there." She started to visibly cry at this point. "I fell down a stair, he didn't find me and went to look outside... And now he's gone."

Arash Verethragna had nothing he could tell his daughter to ease her pain, so he embraced her once again in an one armed hug, holding her as tight as he could. "We'll need to be strong, Kyou. We'll do that for her, ok?" The man tried to sound calm, but was clearly in the verge of tears. "I'm sure she would be proud of you having survived and also helped in the rescue effort. You were always her treasure, Kyou."

Satomi

"Yes, that would be all." Daisuke Hashimoto told Satomi. He then focused on his work until his daughter left the room... and then sighed, resting his head in his hands. This wasn't what he had planned at all. Satomi's Evangelion was supposed to be his last resort and ,now that Alma Neummann got the custody of the other kids, he'd have to watch out for the shrink's influence over them.

At least he'd raised his daughter well: she would do just as he said when he needed her to.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:37 PM, Notus said:

Kyou & Ahmed

Ahmed's mother flinched when he mentioned his father. "Son, your father..." she started saying, though the words seemed to be painfully stuck in her chest for a moment. "He went outside to look for me but... I wasn't there." She started to visibly cry at this point. "I fell down a stair, he didn't find me and went to look outside... And now he's gone."

Arash Verethragna had nothing he could tell his daughter to ease her pain, so he embraced her once again in an one armed hug, holding her as tight as he could. "We'll need to be strong, Kyou. We'll do that for her, ok?" The man tried to sound calm, but was clearly in the verge of tears. "I'm sure she would be proud of you having survived and also helped in the rescue effort. You were always her treasure, Kyou."

Satomi

"Yes, that would be all." Daisuke Hashimoto told Satomi. He then focused on his work until his daughter left the room... and then sighed, resting his head in his hands. This wasn't what he had planned at all. Satomi's Evangelion was supposed to be his last resort and ,now that Alma Neummann got the custody of the other kids, he'd have to watch out for the shrink's influence over them.

At least he'd raised his daughter well: she would do just as he said when he needed her to.

Ahmed reacted to the news the way you would expect anyone to, he tried his best to let out a reply that was meant to be a surprised yet surprisingly restrained 'But I, hadn't even, met him', but ended up coming out as a much more realistic "bjut ah, ahdnt" and a whole lot of open weeping and barely understandable complaints about....pretty much everything about this terrible, terrible day.

Outside Alma's Apartment

The soldier listened to what was going on in Dr.Neummann's apartment just a few steps away, but still unseen. He though for a second that it was pretty amazing how easily he could hide, provided other people didn't expect to see him and were distracted by something else. 

He resumed walking, his mind drifting to the children he just met, feeling sad for the pain and sorrow they were experiencing. He knew it was necessary for the "greater good", but still couldn't accept that reality could be so cruel. On top of that, there were forces in motion who'd try and use the four children to further their own agendas - and even he couldn't completely deny that he was one of those. 

It was easy for him to find a blind spot in the video surveillance system to take of the helmet that hid his face. In fact, the soldier looked much younger than one would expect, most likely around the EVA pilots' age - a guess that was at the same time completely accurate and totally wrong. He looked determined, for had finally decided what to do given the situation they were in.

If these were the children were to choose and shoulder the fate of mankind, like he himself once did, he would make sure they chose the right one. 

With that thought firmly in his mind, Shinji Ikari made his way outside to the new world.

END OF ACT 1