[IC] Neon Exodus Evangelion Act 1 - Promised Land

Notus

Dr. Neummann´s Office

Alma opened a smile at Ranga´s timid reply. "Oh my dear, the study is secondary. I just want to help you, that´s the main point." She then went over to her table and started searching through the papers in one of it´s drawers. "Well then, let´s take a look in the list of volunteer families here, I´m sure we can find someone great for yo-"
 Before the doctor finished speaking though, the office´s door was all but slammed open and a thin, tall man in a white lab coat with the symbol of NERV in red, entered the room. 

"...Doctor Hashimoto, great to see you! I was just talking with Satomi about-"
"Sorry Dr.Neummann, I´m afraid whatever it was will have to wait for another opportunity." The Science Director interrupted rather abruptly. He then turned towards his daughter and signaled for her to follow him with his hand. "Let´s go Satomi, I´ve been looking for you for a while now." 
 And with that, as quickly as he entered, Dr. Daisuke Hashimoto was out of the room.

"Well that´s... a pity." Alma said, visibly a bit surprised by the sudden interruption. She then turned to the girls and smiled again, "You´re still welcome for the sessions if you want to!"

Kyou and Ahmed
 The panel opened with a faint creak, soon muffled by the whirring sound of machinery running in the background. Kyou and Ahmed found themselves in some kind of huge hangar, probably over a hundred meters high, and filled of all sorts of high tech equipment they´d never seen before. Not that they would even waste a second watching those, as there were more noticeable things in the huge room. 

Right beside them, rested an imense boot. Attached to said boot, there was a leg the size of an apartment building. And from that point onwards, the towering sillouete of a humanoid robot occupying almost the whole height of the hangar.
 There were six of those.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyou squinted into the hangar for a brief moment. "Wait, this isn't righ. . . " The phrase that followed was composed of at least three different languages all trying to insert their choicest expletives at once, in a delightful menagerie of foul speech. "I messed up. We can't be over here. Especially not me. I'll be in so, so much trouble. . . !" She pulled at Ahmed's sleeve, back toward the direction they'd come from. "Come on, this is a restricted area, I don't know what they'll do if they catch me here again. And don't tell anyone about those things."

Ahmed had stared at the contents of a hangar with the same amount and intensity of interest that a young man who had just attained puberty would show when face to face with a pile of unclaimed and brand new looking erotica.

He seemed to be very disappointed when he found himself having to walk away from it all, and he felt that he just had to ask "What the, what was that all about?".

"Well, uh, you know how I mentioned that I got into trouble once or twice? I remember getting into that area once before. It. . . well, I don't think they want anyone to know what's in there. So let's go before they throw us out an airlock or something. Or, well, probably not that any more, but you know. Vaghea’an bad." Since Ahmed didn't seem to be resisting, she continued to tug him backward until they got to the tall ladder leading back downward. "It's, uh, other side of this room. The tunnel we have to take, that is. I got mixed up 'cause it's been a big day. Man ehsas e nakhoshi mikonam. . ." 

Satomi had been a bit surprised when her father had entered suddenly - she'd assumed he would have been busy, considering his position, and she'd have to meet him later. She pushed up her glasses once more and stood, turning to the others. "Sorry to have to leave so quickly - I guess we might run into each other later? And I'll definitely think about coming to later sessions." she says, then turns on her heel and follows Doctor Hashimoto. 

"Sorry I didn't call you, Father." She says as she catches up. "They gave me a communicator, but I was asked to go to Doctor Neummann's office before I could use it."

6 hours ago, King Murdoc said:

"Well, uh, you know how I mentioned that I got into trouble once or twice? I remember getting into that area once before. It. . . well, I don't think they want anyone to know what's in there. So let's go before they throw us out an airlock or something. Or, well, probably not that any more, but you know. Vaghea’an bad." Since Ahmed didn't seem to be resisting, she continued to tug him backward until they got to the tall ladder leading back downward. "It's, uh, other side of this room. The tunnel we have to take, that is. I got mixed up 'cause it's been a big day. Man ehsas e nakhoshi mikonam. . ." 

Ahmed reluctantly let Kyou lead him away from the hangar after making sure that they left as little evidence of them being there by closing the panel that had led them there. He made a mental note to do something nice for the man who was leading him on this adventure, and he found himself having to settle for simply trying to cheer him up by smiling at Kyou before he said "Oh don't worry too much Sir Kyou, I understand...and besides, it was interesting and you didn't mean to do it".

He would go ahead of Kyou for a bit by climbing up the ladder before they did. Although he would wait for his guide to catch up as he had came to realize that he had already forgotten where the way out was.

Edited by Cronos5010

Kyou simply nodded, looking a bit shaken, and led the way forward. They went up the short ladder and back down the taller one, coming to a bigger, more open room as they had before. She hurried toward the opposite corner of the room, distancing herself from the marked-off area and almost starting to leave Ahmed behind, before she slowed down upon hitting more familiar territory. "Yeah, this is the right spot now. The way forward twists and turns a little, but it should take us there. And, uh, try not to mention anything you saw back there to anyone. Please."

7 minutes ago, King Murdoc said:

Kyou simply nodded, looking a bit shaken, and led the way forward. They went up the short ladder and back down the taller one, coming to a bigger, more open room as they had before. She hurried toward the opposite corner of the room, distancing herself from the marked-off area and almost starting to leave Ahmed behind, before she slowed down upon hitting more familiar territory. "Yeah, this is the right spot now. The way forward twists and turns a little, but it should take us there. And, uh, try not to mention anything you saw back there to anyone. Please."

Ahmed nodded at Kyou as he hurriedly made a mental note to not gush about what he had just seen to literally everyone in his family, and he quietly wondered why anyone would need to make or maintain a robot that big as he simply gestured for Kyou to lead the way....maybe they were used for construction or mining or something? The robot he had seen did seem to be powerful enough to rip chunks out of a mountain with it's bare hands.

Beverly watched the scene unfold as Satomi leaves she waves and says "See ya, Princess." before siting back in silence in the room. After a few moments she spoke up again "So yeah family looks so happy" she says casually "So are we good to go then? I'm not sure about you but i would sure like to get some fresh air." she said hoping that the shrink got distracted enough that she could get away.

Edited by rustytengo

The passages eventually circled around as Kyou walked, a bit more quietly than before. The amount of background noise picked up as they went, and their footsteps made slightly more hollow sounds - it seemed that the bulkheads were, indeed, thinner in this area. She mentally berated herself for not paying more attention than she had - at least until she heard a voice she recognized. Not exactly one that she was glad to hear, but that '. . . some fresh air' sounded an awful lot like the girl who'd almost eaten a left hook. "I think we're here. Look for a vent or something, unless you think they won't notice this hatch." Kyou whispered the request, but the tap on the wall that she made was probably audible to the people inside the room.

Ahmed had spent the rest of the trip here following Kyou a comfortable distance away, and after a few tense and unnecessarily noisy moments had passed he quietly said "Well they would probably think that it was just a rat.....we do have rats on this ship right?". Before he did his best to theatrically sneak around the place on the tip of his toes as he looked high..but mostly low for a conveniently located vent they could use to invade the privacy of three different people they barely knew.

Kyou gave the other teenager a flat look. "No. The ship's sterile. It'd be a disaster if there were rats aboard." She wasn't entirely sure why the man would reference the girl's attempts to rile her up - successful ones, she had to admit - in this situation. It's not like she'd forced him to do anything but get out of a restricted area that could have gotten them shot or something. Or crushed by the giant robots that weren't supposed to exist in the first place.

Satomi
 "What did Alma want with you?" Satomi´s father asked in an irritated tone. He never had been the most affectionate person in the world towards her, but something was visibly bothering him. 

Beverly & Ranga
"Oh, wait just a bit Beverly." Alma replied to the girl before taking another good look at the list in her hands. After a brief moment she seemed to find what she was looking for, got her communicator and typed something. Ranga´s and Beverly´s communicators beeped.
"Here, this family is the one that scored highest when I interviewed the possible foster parents. Nice couple, and raised a son that ended up in our science team with honors! I sent their number and a map to get to their designed residential area for you comms. Do you want me to take you there?" She asked both girls.
 Alma didn´t seem to notice the faint noise made by Kyou, but Beverly and Ranga might have heard it - on the other hand, Crash would likely hear what the doctor told them.  

"She just wanted to talk. She was concerned about me and those two's emotional health, because..." she stopped for a second, and adjusted her glasses, "Because all three of us have lost close family. She offered me and the others to meet with her now and then to talk about things with others who've been there." she continued walking for a second, weighing if she wanted to ask... maybe this time... "...Is something bothering you, Father?"

6 hours ago, King Murdoc said:

Kyou gave the other teenager a flat look. "No. The ship's sterile. It'd be a disaster if there were rats aboard." She wasn't entirely sure why the man would reference the girl's attempts to rile her up - successful ones, she had to admit - in this situation. It's not like she'd forced him to do anything but get out of a restricted area that could have gotten them shot or something. Or crushed by the giant robots that weren't supposed to exist in the first place.

Ahmed looked at Kyou's dreary expression for a while before he continued to try and be extra supportive by smiling at her before he quietly said "I was wondering if they could have mistaken us for one".

He wasn't really sure why Kyou seemed so cheerless all of a sudden. The man was doing a smashing job so far with the tour, and even the little mistake he made earlier was at the very least entertaining....it's not like anyone other than the two of them would know right?.

After a while he shrugged his shoulders before he continued to look for a conveniently located vent.

"Unfortunately, no." She was starting to calm back down; there was no way they could have known they were in there, right? "So. . . foster parents? Why are they talking about foster parents? Unless. . . oh." So Beverly was an orphan, then? She supposed it made sense, the girl obviously had no parents to rein her in. Kyou started to feel a bit guilty; this was a little invasive of their privacy, after all. She didn't want to eavesdrop on something important, she'd mostly just wanted to see where they were.

Ranga nodded to Satomi as the girl walked out. The beeping of her communicator caught her off guard since she wasn't really expecting the doctor to be using it to send them a message.

She stared at the map and number blankly for a moment. The kind offer the doctor made both scared her but also reassured her. She nodded.

"I'd like you to show me the way." She answered meekly and placed her communicator away.

"Huh, what was that noise?" Looking to the back and the wall where the tapping was heard coming from, Ranga waited for the others in the room to take the initiative in finding out what it was.

Satomi
"...Is something bothering you, Father?"

Dr. Hashimoto sighed in response, seeming really tired for a moment. "...It´s nothing, Satomi. I just don´t like people prying in our personal lives when they´re not called, that´s all." An unconfortable silence followed while they walked down the metallic corridors of the ship. Finally, Daisuke broke it again. "Don´t go to these sessions with Dr. Neummann, alright? We don´t need any ousiders looking into our lives. We´re ok as it is now." He used a really incisive tone on the first setence, which contrasted starkly with the not-so-sure one of the last affirmation.
 By that time, they had arrived in a metal door with his own name written on it, as well as the symbol of NERV - a red half-leaf with the words "God is in His Heaven. All´s Right with the World" inscribed in a semi circle below it. "This is my office. Do you want to come in, or you prefere to go find your friends in the settlement?" he asked Satomi.

Beverly, Ranga, Kyou & Ahmed

"Huh, what was that noise?"
 "Noise? I didn´t hear anything, my dear." Alma stopped for a second, listening, before deciding it was nothing and walking towards the girls. "Well then, let´s go find them!" She said in a cheerful tone, offering her hand to Ranga.

"Hmm..you sure? I think i heard it too." Beverly said as she got up out of the couch. "So we will be staying with the same foster family then? That's new" she continued as she began to walk around the room leaning her head so she could hear anything in the walls better. "Or is it they get to chose the one they want? Because...."She paused a bit at one point she was sure she heard something from the wall. "if so then there'e really not much of a point for me to go since there is no way that they would pick me over the Little miss there." she said as she walked a bit away from where she heard something. "But first...." She quickly turned back towards the the place "You should really get this place checked for rats." She said as she slammed her foot against the wall as hard as she could hoping to make whatever was on the other side jump and make noise. or just make the wall pop open that would be fun. 

Edited by rustytengo

Beverly achieved both of her intended results; firstly, the panel depressed slightly, just enough for the latch to come undone and for it to visibly rebound open and stick, revealing two sets of legs. Second, the sudden noise prompted a quick, and quite loud "Kuso-!" from behind the now-opening hatch. A hatch that swung open about as violently as Kyou's foot, well, crashed into it, swinging it upward with a shriek. A string of angry-sounding Farsi followed, and then after that a quick and equally irate translation: "What the hell is your problem? I told you it was gonna hurt if you kept calling me a damn rat!"

Ahmed swiftly decided that his best bet to get out of this situation without getting into a fight would be to put on his confused foreigner voice and rapidly say annoyed sounding Arabic before he slowly backed away from the entire scene while trying his best to gently tug Kyou away with him.

As the hatch shot open Beverly tried to step back tripping as she did falling on her behind and let out a loud "Merde" to mach Kyou's "Kuso." Glaring at the now feet who were yelling at her. She rubbed her bottom as she let out a string of angry french which she translated for Kyou. "Hell I  didn't even know it was you. Maybe you shouldn't crawl around like one and then i wouldn't call you one Missy."  

Edited by rustytengo

Beverly, Kyou, Ranga, Ahmed
Dr. Neummann stared dumbfounded at the scene for a bit before actually reacting. It looked like she didn´t even know the hatch was there in the first place-and the torrent of multi-lingual improprieties didn´t help in making the situation less confusing. Out of instinct, she protectively held Ranga´s hand and frowned in a serious expression for the first time in the day. "Whoever is there, show yourselves. And you better have a very good explanation for eavesdropping at the Head of NERV´s Medical Division." 

Satomi quietly nodded to her father's first statement - she had intended to go but if he forbid it, guess she didn't have much of a choice... As for asking where she wanted to go... "I'm sure any friends that are down on the surface will be too busy getting settled to talk very much. I'll go in." And she would, once he opened the door and went in himself.

Satomi

Dr. Hashimoto opened the door and entered, with Saitomi close behind.

The office was very spacious, but it didn't seem like it as clustered as it was with computer screens, drives, archives and the like. Opposed to Alma's clean and comfortable work room, this one was the pure definition of spartan and messy. "It'll be a while until they manage to assemble a proper school here, so I reserved a place for you to study." He pointed towards the only decently organized corner of the room, in which a light green table with books and study material were neatly arranged. "You can make your own schedule, since this period will be a bit of a free study. Also, if you go outside, don't get out of the settlement area, understood?"