Gen 6 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

@DreamblitzX I agree with @Hycrox, and maybe it's just me or the saturation that's doing it but I think the colours are quite 'busy' I feel like the green looks a little out of place on the noibat line. There's also a really bright green on Malamar's tentacle-things that should be dulled down a lot. Personally I'm not a fan of the green but maybe it's just me.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Here is a draft for the Speaker-Dragon-Bats, not sure if it looks that great, so feedback is good

714s.png715s.png

EDIT: Here's some squids too.

686s.png687s.png

I'm finding this gen kinda hard to do shinies for. or maybe I'm just being critical of myself

Squids? I thought they were kids.

In all seriousness, though, I think if you lower the saturation a little they should be fine.

@Amine elhedhili I think the colours look alright together although I really can't tell since the shading is a bit off, for example the face's shading colours should be swapped, and I can't see any shading on its collar. All it really seems to me is that there are 2 really light colours being used, so the pink may have to be a bit darker as well or the white needs to be changed entirely since bunnelby's original colour scheme is that grey silver like colour.

e.g. (I just did this using your colour scheme very quickly)

659.png 659.png659s.png

Are you using Graphics Gale yet or still on paint?

Just my opinion

39 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

@Amine elhedhili I think the colours look alright together although I really can't tell since the shading is a bit off, for example the face's shading colours should be swapped, and I can't see any shading on its collar. All it really seems to me is that there are 2 really light colours being used, so the pink may have to be a bit darker as well or the white needs to be changed entirely since bunnelby's original colour scheme is that grey silver like colour.

e.g. (I just did this using your colour scheme very quickly)

659.png 659.png659s.png

Are you using Graphics Gale yet or still on paint?

Just my opinion

Hi @Felcatty thanks for your opinion, i see your point, the colors tuned out too light, and i appreciate your help^^

to be honest i really want to use Graphics gale as it makes spriting easier but i dont know, like when i finish this sprite how i can find the same colors so i can use them on another sprite

(am i making sense ? ) sorry if i didnt explain well

3 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

So, look at this @Amine elhedhili

Hide contents

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

@Anti_Hero thanks :D if i understood worrectly that will color the wholesprite, and i wont have to do it pixel by pixel cool^^

@Hycrox i like what u did with the swords^^ i'll get myself one those when jan adds them ingame

Edited by Amine elhedhili

42 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

@Hycrox i like what u did with the swords^^ i'll get myself one those when jan adds them ingame

Danks mate :^)

Also, since I still have 1 claim left, I'll claim the forgotten ones: Scatterbug and Spewpa

(no yellow 'cause phone's a binch)

Edited by Hycrox

Okay, so since it wasn't really clear which one was chosen, i did the sprites for the two versions and i'll let you choose. My preference goes to the blue rings, but it's nearly a tie so the choice is yours. I'll separate the sprites after.

720 v2.png

720.png

720b.png

720_1.png

720b_1.png

• Global Mods

Here's some new bats. Might still be a bit Vivid, but I'm pretty happy with Vampire Noivern. transferring the colours to Noibat is a bit wonky so I'm not 100% on that, but I think it looks ok.

714s2.png715s2.png

Also tried a Malamar with different tentacles and slightly lower saturation. have another idea that I'll try at some other point. rest of my day is VERY busy...

687s2.png

Edited by DreamblitzX

Ok so I redid the goomy line completely. New look I would say is way better then the previous. Special thanks to @foznkr for helping with the color design on the first design. The second one is mine as I thought it would look cool.

friendsgoomy.pngfriendsligoo.pngfriendsgoodra.png

swordmy.pngswordgoo.pngsworddra.png

49 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Here's some new bats. Might still be a bit Vivid, but I'm pretty happy with Vampire Noivern. transferring the colours to Noibat is a bit wonky so I'm not 100% on that, but I think it looks ok.

714s2.png715s2.png

Also tried a Malamar with different tentacles and slightly lower saturation. have another idea that I'll try at some other point. rest of my day is VERY busy...

687s2.png

Your colors are still oversaturated. Also, you're using colors that go well together, but not the right shade of these colors.

Anyway, I like the idea of the vampire Noivern, so here's a quick revamp of it:

CxWHoKh.png

See how the colors don't hurt your eyes? Anyway, this was a pretty quick recolor so I didn't thought much on the colors, better colors can still be chosen.

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

715s2.png

There's some extra white pixels on the back of the neck...

2 hours ago, Siragon said:

720 v2.png

720.png

And several places, mostly around the earrings and the arms.

They were already there on the base sprites, @Jan might want to go over the base sprites that have the extra white pixels.

9 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

There's some extra white pixels on the back of the neck...

Nah, that's just a part of the fur.

I think it was miscolored because I thought this too, but when I recolored Noivern I realized it's also part of the fur

Hi jan, stll waiting for the example for my coffee table :D

Btw if you like this, I'm also claming the spritzee line.

Spoiler

Who remembers Jessica Rabbit? :D 

683s.png

Edited by luis

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Nah, that's just a part of the fur.

I think it was miscolored because I thought this too, but when I recolored Noivern I realized it's also part of the fur

I just checked the original sprite and you're correct. But there's still Hoopa and probably a few other extra pixels out there...

4 hours ago, luis said:

Hi jan, stll waiting for the example for my coffee table :D

Btw if you like this, I'm also claming the spritzee line.

Hide contents

Who remembers Jessica Rabbit? :D 

683s.png

Some of the darker outlines on the sprite are hard to see as well as some of the shading. For example the red shading is too light so maybe making it a little darker. Also the saturation on some areas could be lighter/darker.

11 minutes ago, WSGreen said:
  Hide contents

capture000.png

Looks fine to me honestly.

the smaller snowflakes are still the wrong resolution (1x1 instead of 2x2)