Gen 6 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

the smaller snowflakes are still the wrong resolution (1x1 instead of 2x2)

Ik that the flakes aren't the right resolution.  But it would be hard to make it look good with the 2x2 resolution. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
On 3/26/2017 at 3:35 PM, Anti_Hero said:

Soo, again I want to do something that is beyond my spriting skills

Here is Pancham the phoo

I keept the ears and eyes intact (the leaf too)

I am not sure about the shading of the shirt, so can someone tell me if it looks good?

674_2.png

I skipped this by mistake. This looks fine. 

On 3/26/2017 at 6:22 PM, Felcatty said:

Thanks so much Jan. As for my favourite Vivillon though...

I like the yellow and purple variations, but I definitely think the rainbow one could be a better shiny (I'm also biased since it was really just a challenge to myself that turned out really nice [it took me about nearly 2 hours to do])

EDIT: Hope these look better:

667s.png668fs.png668s2.png

Thoughts are welcome :)

This is much better. Backsprites pls!

On 3/26/2017 at 6:43 PM, MakaTorracat said:

Dedenne is done :D

I hate this mouse's tail

so please someone fix it

702s1.png

702bs.png

I'll take it from here. Approved.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:59 PM, foznkr said:

im claiming spritze line

But i dont know which one to pick

683.png

683b.png

683c.png

I think the middle one is my favorite. 

On 3/26/2017 at 9:11 PM, WSGreen said:

Here is vivllion, froakie, and frogadier.

666Shiny.png666Shinyback.png656.png657.png

Now, i think froakie turned out fine but frogadier, i dont like its head. if anyone can make his head look better pls do.

Regardless if it looks good or not, it needs to be in 2x resolution otherwise the pixels will distort later if they're edited.

With the Froakie, there were some shading issues. I took care of that. 

4WEdkTD.png

I don't know what it is, but the Frogadier looks little off too, I agree with you. I'm not sure what could be done here.

Anyone have any thoughts?

On 3/26/2017 at 9:40 PM, Bazaro said:

The smaller snowflakes are the wrong resolution. I don't know what Jan says to this, but I do know it won't show up pretty in a small window of the game.

On my side of things, have a dog

f38be23a124442d99a25791a6ecedfd1.png674dd03f7ef54ac0a651bcb938a65f8d.png

Doggos are good! As for the 2x res thing, they must all be in the same resolution for consistency reasons... and if the game is

used in a smaller res (Small option) it distorts. 

On 3/27/2017 at 1:42 AM, DreamblitzX said:

Here is a draft for the Speaker-Dragon-Bats, not sure if it looks that great, so feedback is good

714s.png715s.png

EDIT: Here's some squids too.

686s.png687s.png

I'm finding this gen kinda hard to do shinies for. or maybe I'm just being critical of myself

It's probably not you, the sprites after gen 5 are all fan made, so it's not shaded the same way and it can be difficult to 

recolor. 

9 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Amine elhedhili I think the colours look alright together although I really can't tell since the shading is a bit off, for example the face's shading colours should be swapped, and I can't see any shading on its collar. All it really seems to me is that there are 2 really light colours being used, so the pink may have to be a bit darker as well or the white needs to be changed entirely since bunnelby's original colour scheme is that grey silver like colour.

e.g. (I just did this using your colour scheme very quickly)

659.png 659.png659s.png

Are you using Graphics Gale yet or still on paint?

Just my opinion

The bunny here is basically what it should look like. I think they also switched the brightness/darkness. So, the lightest shade

needs to be the darkest, and the darkest is supposed to be the lightest.

9 hours ago, Hycrox said:

679.png680.png681.png681_1.png

679b.png680b.png681b.png681b_1.png

The swords are complete!

Approved!

8 hours ago, Siragon said:

Okay, so since it wasn't really clear which one was chosen, i did the sprites for the two versions and i'll let you choose. My preference goes to the blue rings, but it's nearly a tie so the choice is yours. I'll separate the sprites after.

720 v2.png

720.png

720b.png

720_1.png

720b_1.png

I thjink I'm going  to go with the gold rings. Also could you keep them into one image file?

It's easier to save that way.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Dimensional Rift Vivillon?

666_2form.png666b-form2.png

Shiny:

666s_2form.png666sb-form2.png

Looks good! Approved.

7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Here's some new bats. Might still be a bit Vivid, but I'm pretty happy with Vampire Noivern. transferring the colours to Noibat is a bit wonky so I'm not 100% on that, but I think it looks ok.

714s2.png715s2.png

Also tried a Malamar with different tentacles and slightly lower saturation. have another idea that I'll try at some other point. rest of my day is VERY busy...

687s2.png

The colors seem very odd with the Malamar. I dunno, I don't think they go very well together. The shading used on the original

sprite is REALLY weird and it requires some more work for it to work together. I think the blue and purple are okay, but then the white tentacles are a little odd. 

7 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

Ok so I redid the goomy line completely. New look I would say is way better then the previous. Special thanks to @foznkr for helping with the color design on the first design. The second one is mine as I thought it would look cool.

friendsgoomy.pngfriendsligoo.pngfriendsgoodra.png

swordmy.pngswordgoo.pngsworddra.png

Goomy is MUCHHH better here. Let's use the original green one. 

7 hours ago, Atticus said:

Your colors are still oversaturated. Also, you're using colors that go well together, but not the right shade of these colors.

Anyway, I like the idea of the vampire Noivern, so here's a quick revamp of it:

CxWHoKh.png

See how the colors don't hurt your eyes? Anyway, this was a pretty quick recolor so I didn't thought much on the colors, better colors can still be chosen.

Yeah, I think this Noivern is pretty sick. Let's go with this color scheme.

6 hours ago, luis said:

Hi jan, stll waiting for the example for my coffee table :D

Btw if you like this, I'm also claming the spritzee line.

Hide contents

Who remembers Jessica Rabbit? :D 

683s.png

Sorry, I've been really busy so I'm not sure if I can do that for you... Anyway, Spritzee has already been claimed.

I apologize if that wasn't noted on the wall, I've been busy, as stated before. 

Just general criticism for Aromatisse, the colors are far too bright so it's hard to look at. It's hard to see the shading too.

If you zoom out the image and you can't see the shading correctly, then it's probably bad shading. 

6 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

703.png

Is this okay? (Excluding the harsh red outline at some parts which I just noticed)

EDIT:

703.png703b.png

I tried editing this, but I couldn't edit it in a way that was good enough. So I tried it from scratch and I 

think I came out with a nice color scheme. 

xKeYgSw.png

What do you think about this? 

I hope I replied to everyone. If not, just @ me. 

Here is the Pyroar line:

667s.png667bs.png

668fs.png668fbs.png668s2.png668bs.png

And here is my complete version of vivillon:

666_1.png666b_1.png

Alright I gave myself a challenge, and I've seen it through to the end:

666 rainbow.png666b rainbow_s.png

Feeling quite proud actually, not including black and white, 120 colours and 2 hours for each sprite. My best change of gradient ever and I'm not doing it again :D 

I consider this rainbow version the shiny sprite but if the body is too generic and rainbow is overkill, the spoiler tab contains the purple version I did earlier.

Spoiler

666_1_1s2.png666bs1.png

Not that purple and sparkles are overkill in anyway whatsoever :P 

EDIT: On frogadier, I found the head was bothering me, so how bout something closer to a redish brown

657s.png

Actually I noticed some shading differences between the shiny and the original as well as a couple of 1x1 pixels that shouldn't have been there

Edited by Felcatty

41 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

Here is the Pyroar line:

667s.png667bs.png

668fs.png668fbs.png668s2.png668bs.png

And here is my complete version of vivillon:

666_1.png666b_1.png

Alright I gave myself a challenge, and I've seen it through to the end:

666 rainbow.png666b rainbow_s.png

Feeling quite proud actually, not including black and white, 120 colours and 2 hours for each sprite. My best change of gradient ever and I'm not doing it again :D 

I consider this rainbow version the shiny sprite but if the body is too generic and rainbow is overkill, the spoiler tab contains the purple version I did earlier.

Reveal hidden contents

666_1_1s2.png666bs1.png

Not that purple and sparkles are overkill in anyway whatsoever :P 

EDIT: On frogadier, I found the head was bothering me, so how bout something closer to a redish brown

657s.png

Actually I noticed some shading differences between the shiny and the original as well as a couple of 1x1 pixels that shouldn't have been there

those vivillon look astonishing you did a great job :D

also i like how you did pyroar, i'm currently working on bunnelby's line, i hope i get it right this time :)

@Amine elhedhili 

Thanks so much :D My hand actually hurts a bit right about now, cause I had to do the rainbow one, one pixel (2x2 not 1x1) at a time, and I just couldn't make a mistake otherwise if I had made a mistake and not realised, there would have been no way I could have figured out where I went wrong (thankfully a quarter of the way through the front sprite, I had the idea to use black and then change the colour)

As for Pyroar, I knew I wanted to do green and purple for the sense of sanctity and nobility, but I definitely had trouble with the body till Jan suggested navy, so I'm glad they turned out the way they did.

Just take your time, and everyone on the forum's here to help too if you get stuck. Good luck :D 

1 hour ago, Felcatty said:

@Amine elhedhili 

Thanks so much :D My hand actually hurts a bit right about now, cause I had to do the rainbow one, one pixel (2x2 not 1x1) at a time, and I just couldn't make a mistake otherwise if I had made a mistake and not realised, there would have been no way I could have figured out where I went wrong (thankfully a quarter of the way through the front sprite, I had the idea to use black and then change the colour)

As for Pyroar, I knew I wanted to do green and purple for the sense of sanctity and nobility, but I definitely had trouble with the body till Jan suggested navy, so I'm glad they turned out the way they did.

Just take your time, and everyone on the forum's here to help too if you get stuck. Good luck :D 

it paid off really good though, so now rest your hand :D i think these two are good, well at least muchbetter than the last time, i made two designes, one with some darker colors and the other one is  A perfect white bunny... until it evolves ( afriend of mne suggested this and i thought its a nice idea :D )

659.png.c8ba86a4552401300e5a60e4ef972b61.png

659.png.c8ba86a4552401300e5a60e4ef972b61.png.4de15fedde691d7a728cbc129d1b3d67.png.36a9118c5976027be068b368ad2c0053.png

@Amine elhedhili Hey that second one looks really nice, the outlines could be a bit darker but it looks cute and fluffy that I wanna give it a hug. By the looks of it seems like you used graphics gale to do it :)

By the way you can just put @person's name instead of copying the whole post, just thought I'd let you know

Just my opinion.

@Felcatty again thanks for your opinion, well without my friend i wouldn't have dont anything in GG lol so i'll try fixing the outlines then

EDIT: i think the outlines are more visible now :) if yes i'll move on to the back sprite :)

EDIT: oops i didnt post the pic sorry but here it is now

659.png.c8ba86a4552401300e5a60e4ef972b61.png.4de15fedde691d7a728cbc129d1b3d67.png.36a9118c5976027be068b368ad2c0053.png

Edited by Amine elhedhili

Okay, here are the final versions of little and big Hoopa :

720.png720b.png720_1.png720b_1.png

Aaaand since i am at it, let me introduce you my satanic Vivillion (666, satan... all these things...) :

666.png

Any reflexion ?

Florges line front sprites!

There's a bunch of them so I'm going to put in a spoiler ooo

Spoiler

tqkceo8.pngfsroYMu.pngM3CrIOo.png Sakura

MLlpqaM.png0DSYaAx.pngDpp1JDH.png Vampire

1qpWyQK.pngFrjac1e.png8doalkU.png Pumpkin

gxsCSg4.pnghk9WnZK.pngzVQMVVr.png Snowflake

fwUvzkJ.pngPFchIFP.png0rK7SjL.png Honey

Teul2mW.png3JBIbaW.png2WEjhOy.png Demon

Backsprites coming this weekend! I hope

Allright, this was a drama to recolour.

I hope they turned out allright and I didn't miss any pixels.

Amaura.pngAurorus.png

Edit:

This is my attempt at vivillon so far. This was really tricky to make and I'm not sure if it looks nice. So, any feedback is welcome!

If people like it, I'll make a shiny version and the backsprites.

Vivillon spiral.png

Edit of the edit:

Another try at vivillon. Tried to make it based on a real butterfly.

Vivillon 1.png

Edited by KmK

Uh, update I guess. I haven't been able to start working on Fletchling and co. just yet, but they'll be done sometime this week.

Also, the Sharpedo sprites I made way back in the gen 3 thread were bothering me, so I changed the color scheme slightly.

Spoiler

sHvRk4T.pngcfY4hAF.png

wCwSRaR.pngzJVtzO4.png

• Global Mods

Here's yet more dragonbats, closer to @Atticus's colours, but modified a bit (I kinda didn't like how the greys looks quite "dirty") and made a matching Noibat. hopefully these ones are OK and I can try sort out the mess that is Malamar and Inkay

714s4.png715s4.png

Here's a random Vivillon Attempt too. Shiny will be a blue version. (looking at others, realized lines and border should stay, so second one is proper)

viviflame.pngviviflamelines.png

Also Tried something else with Malamar. not sure if it works at all

687s3.png

Another Edit: Shiny draft is here.

viviflamelinesshiny.png

Edited by DreamblitzX
butterflies and later squids

703b.png 

Here's a backsprite Jan. I really liked that color scheme.

(Also, not really sure why those other pixels appeared, and I can't find them in GraphicsGale)

A new color scheme if you like it:

Spoiler

703.png

Edited by Sceptilespy

uh, i think i did the back sprite (?) also i admit GG is too hard for me :/ i'm just used to simple things, so here is an update ( i guess) 

@Felcatty i'm not sure but perhaps i deleted its tail on the back sprite, i tried my best, but i'm still bad at spriting

659b.png

3 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

uh, i think i did the back sprite (?) also i admit GG is too hard for me :/ i'm just used to simple things, so here is an update ( i guess) 

@Felcatty i'm not sure but perhaps i deleted its tail on the back sprite, i tried my best, but i'm still bad at spriting

659b.png

You didn't, and it looks good!