• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
On 3/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, Might Gai said:

here is a garufa vivillion, any thoughts about it ?

126.png

Looks pretty good to me!

On 3/28/2017 at 4:39 AM, Felcatty said:

Here is the Pyroar line:

667s.png667bs.png

668fs.png668fbs.png668s2.png668bs.png

And here is my complete version of vivillon:

666_1.png666b_1.png

Alright I gave myself a challenge, and I've seen it through to the end:

666 rainbow.png666b rainbow_s.png

Feeling quite proud actually, not including black and white, 120 colours and 2 hours for each sprite. My best change of gradient ever and I'm not doing it again :D 

I consider this rainbow version the shiny sprite but if the body is too generic and rainbow is overkill, the spoiler tab contains the purple version I did earlier.

Hide contents

666_1_1s2.png666bs1.png

Not that purple and sparkles are overkill in anyway whatsoever :P 

EDIT: On frogadier, I found the head was bothering me, so how bout something closer to a redish brown

657s.png

Actually I noticed some shading differences between the shiny and the original as well as a couple of 1x1 pixels that shouldn't have been there

Approved, also the Vivillon are really pretty! Lastly, the Frogadier looks pretty solid here too. So I think we'll use this as a base.

On 3/28/2017 at 0:08 PM, foznkr said:

The rest of spritze line

683b.png

682.png

682b.png

Really like how this one came out. Nice job!

On 3/28/2017 at 0:31 PM, Siragon said:

Okay, here are the final versions of little and big Hoopa :

720.png720b.png720_1.png720b_1.png

Aaaand since i am at it, let me introduce you my satanic Vivillion (666, satan... all these things...) :

666.png

Any reflexion ?

Looking really good! I think the satanic Vivillon is a little too out there though.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:09 PM, Atticus said:

Florges line front sprites!

There's a bunch of them so I'm going to put in a spoiler ooo

Reveal hidden contents

tqkceo8.pngfsroYMu.pngM3CrIOo.png Sakura

MLlpqaM.png0DSYaAx.pngDpp1JDH.png Vampire

1qpWyQK.pngFrjac1e.png8doalkU.png Pumpkin

gxsCSg4.pnghk9WnZK.pngzVQMVVr.png Snowflake

fwUvzkJ.pngPFchIFP.png0rK7SjL.png Honey

Teul2mW.png3JBIbaW.png2WEjhOy.png Demon

Backsprites coming this weekend! I hope

Absolutely beautiful. Your work always amazes me tbh.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, KmK said:

Allright, this was a drama to recolour.

I hope they turned out allright and I didn't miss any pixels.

Amaura.pngAurorus.png

Edit:

This is my attempt at vivillon so far. This was really tricky to make and I'm not sure if it looks nice. So, any feedback is welcome!

If people like it, I'll make a shiny version and the backsprites.

Vivillon spiral.png

Edit of the edit:

Another try at vivillon. Tried to make it based on a real butterfly.

Vivillon 1.png

Amaura is coming out GREAT. That's a really nice color scheme for it.

As for Vivillon, the first one is interesting!

The second one is good, but the circles at the edges could use a bit of work. They stand out a little. 

On 3/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, Korvpizza said:

Uh, update I guess. I haven't been able to start working on Fletchling and co. just yet, but they'll be done sometime this week.

Also, the Sharpedo sprites I made way back in the gen 3 thread were bothering me, so I changed the color scheme slightly.

Hide contents

sHvRk4T.pngcfY4hAF.png

wCwSRaR.pngzJVtzO4.png

Okay! Sharpedo look good here so I'll accept these!

On 3/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, Hycrox said:

Um... Jan, I think you missed my claim on Scatterbug and Spewpa. I couldn't put it in gold because phone but I put it in bold and underlined.

I totally did.  Updated.

On 3/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, DreamblitzX said:

Here's yet more dragonbats, closer to @Atticus's colours, but modified a bit (I kinda didn't like how the greys looks quite "dirty") and made a matching Noibat. hopefully these ones are OK and I can try sort out the mess that is Malamar and Inkay

714s4.png715s4.png

Here's a random Vivillon Attempt too. Shiny will be a blue version. (looking at others, realized lines and border should stay, so second one is proper)

viviflame.pngviviflamelines.png

Also Tried something else with Malamar. not sure if it works at all

687s3.png

Another Edit: Shiny draft is here.

viviflamelinesshiny.png

Noibat etc looks good. Vivillon is interesting, though it looks a little loaded. What does everyone else think?

As for Malamar, it looks really odd again. I think this is mostly due to how it's sprited... there are a lot of different colors that

clash each other and it just comes out looking a little messy. Could anyone give some advice/help?

On 3/28/2017 at 7:21 PM, Sceptilespy said:

703b.png 

Here's a backsprite Jan. I really liked that color scheme.

(Also, not really sure why those other pixels appeared, and I can't find them in GraphicsGale)

A new color scheme if you like it:

Hide contents

703.png

You seem to be having trouble using colors effectively/correctly. The colors are coming out really harsh because

the saturation. Carbink's backsprite is really hard to look at because there are contrasting outline colors/jewel colors.

Colors that aren't present on the front sprite. It's best if we keep colors consistent.

I think Might Gai(?) posted a color guide

somewhere in this thread... I think it was on the second page? 

On 3/29/2017 at 9:27 AM, Amine elhedhili said:

uh, i think i did the back sprite (?) also i admit GG is too hard for me :/ i'm just used to simple things, so here is an update ( i guess) 

@Felcatty i'm not sure but perhaps i deleted its tail on the back sprite, i tried my best, but i'm still bad at spriting

659.png.c8ba86a4552401300e5a60e4ef972b61.png.4de15fedde691d7a728cbc129d1b3d67.png.36a9118c5976027be068b368ad2c0053.png

659b.png

There a few coloring issues present with this sprite. Firstly, the outline is too bright in contrast with the body.

So it looks really faded out. Make sure you revise your sprites because there were a few spare pixels of gray

that didn't need to be there. Lastly, it's best to keep the color in the same ranges tbh. If it's blue, don't do blue

that's toward green, and then a blue that's toward purple. It makes it look odd. Same goes with the red.

Awesome idea though, I think it was really solid.

Here are some corrections to the front sprite. I'd do the backsprite for you, but that wouldn't help you learn,

would it? :]

BQh97mq.png

On 3/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, Hycrox said:

Nice

Also, an idea for the bugsies:

664.png665.png

bugsies look a-okay to me!

On 3/29/2017 at 7:33 PM, Sceptilespy said:

May I have the Avalugg line since it seems nobody has claimed it?

I'm actually going to take care of it because its sprite is really hard to edit.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:04 PM, Jmanultrax1 said:

working on the backsprites for goomy line, as well as the front for the chespin line, and my vivillon entry as well. hopefully i'll be able to show progress on them soon.

Okay! Keep at it, friend.

9 hours ago, Bluedodobob said:

Dragalge Backsprites.

690sb.png691sb.png

I've been busy lately so that's all I've got. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more on the weekend.

Looks good. Approved!

Sorry for the late replies guys! I know a lot of you are waiting for what I have to say. I've been a little busy, but I'll try to

keep up!

• Global Mods

This was my only other idea for Malamar (based on a certain disney villain) but it might look too similar to the original and/or just not work. otherwise I think both of @Atticus's ones are good so once Jan decides, I'll do the rest. Can also now do the backs for the bats, so I'll get onto those soon. Also @Jan, would slightly lower saturation work better on the vivillons? I mean it's supposed to be an explosion but I can understand If it's a bit bright.

687ursula.png

I actually think that the problem with Vivillon is not the color, but the way it was done.

It looks like you took an image and resized it to fit on Vivillon's wings, so the pixels look "merged".

Okay, thanks for replying, you're right doing the back sprites for me won't help me learn, i just need some tips, @Atticus you're a really great spriter, so can you tell me how to do the outlines like you do in your sprites? my biggest issue is the outlines for now, thanks in advance :D

1 minute ago, Amine elhedhili said:

Okay, thanks for replying, you're right doing the back sprites for me won't help me learn, i just need some tips, @Atticus you're a really great spriter, so can you tell me how to do the outlines like you do in your sprites? my biggest issue is the outlines for now, thanks in advance :D

Nah, you just have to choose the right colors for the right job, but thanks anyway!!! :^)

I usually increase the saturation and decrease the value, also playing with the color.

Let's use this Florges as an example:

M3CrIOo.png

This is the palette that I used for the plant body

WMF7dgH.png

Let's ignore this purple shade for now.

The lighter pink has a low saturation but a high value, so, when I shade, I use the technique that I said: Increase the saturation and decrease the value.

First shade:

b6ea5da83c0a43059d381611c01a401b.png (S stands for saturation, V stands for value and H stands for hue)

Second Shade:

f3aed0166e064cee8962b866aeb1e83e.png

Third Shade:

a162e67816024361accc09e6c9fdd153.png

Fourth Shade:

12b0f35297e9412594659164d38661c0.png

I used the fourth shade to outline the lighter parts.

Now, I usually remove the black outline, but that's just my style. Remember the purple shade? Yeah, it'll replace the black outline.

But why did I chose purple instead of a super dark pink?

Because that's how it works in real life. I really don't know how to explain, but it looks muuuch better.

This reeeeeeally depends of how do you want the color to work and it may look hard, but you will get the hang of it with practice.

For now, you just have to try to increase the saturation and decrease the value, for both shading and outline. And when you feel comfortable, you might want to try to mess with the hue.

Oh, and remember: the outline NEEDS to be a lot darker than all of the shades, but not too much, we're not outlining everything with black, right? This was the main problem that I found in your Bunnelby sprite.

Anyway, this was a bit too big but I hope it helped!

• Global Mods

I'm back with the backs of the bats because spriting is the sensible thing to do at 1:30am right?!?

Noivern was plain and simple, but Noibat was a bit weird because of the original, so I had to kinda just judge what should go where myself. I think it looks OK though.

714sb.png715sb.png

@Might Gai That Malamar is pretty cool, and If Jan doesn't like the other ones, I could use all the help I can get with it.

Edited by DreamblitzX
replying

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Nah, you just have to choose the right colors for the right job, but thanks anyway!!! :^)

I usually increase the saturation and decrease the value, also playing with the color.

Let's use this Florges as an example:

M3CrIOo.png

This is the palette that I used for the plant body

WMF7dgH.png

Let's ignore this purple shade for now.

The lighter pink has a low saturation but a high value, so, when I shade, I use the technique that I said: Increase the saturation and decrease the value.

First shade:

b6ea5da83c0a43059d381611c01a401b.png (S stands for saturation, V stands for value and H stands for hue)

Second Shade:

f3aed0166e064cee8962b866aeb1e83e.png

Third Shade:

a162e67816024361accc09e6c9fdd153.png

Fourth Shade:

12b0f35297e9412594659164d38661c0.png

I used the fourth shade to outline the lighter parts.

Now, I usually remove the black outline, but that's just my style. Remember the purple shade? Yeah, it'll replace the black outline.

But why did I chose purple instead of a super dark pink?

Because that's how it works in real life. I really don't know how to explain, but it looks muuuch better.

This reeeeeeally depends of how do you want the color to work and it may look hard, but you will get the hang of it with practice.

For now, you just have to try to increase the saturation and decrease the value, for both shading and outline. And when you feel comfortable, you might want to try to mess with the hue.

Oh, and remember: the outline NEEDS to be a lot darker than all of the shades, but not too much, we're not outlining everything with black, right? This was the main problem that I found in your Bunnelby sprite.

Anyway, this was a bit too big but I hope it helped!

thanks a lot for this :D i will make sure to do my best, also i'm not going to use black cuz meh i dont like it xd i think i'll find my way

btw will a white and fluffy Diggersby look nice, or do i look for other colors? sorry if i bothered you

38 minutes ago, Might Gai said:

(i know malamar was claimed but this is just an idea i had)

DAMN YOU SANIC

mhf9SgD.png

can you be more genius

36 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

thanks a lot for this :D i will make sure to do my best, also i'm not going to use black cuz meh i dont like it xd i think i'll find my way

btw will a white and fluffy Diggersby look nice, or do i look for other colors? sorry if i bothered you

I think it'll look nice if you just use the colors that you used for Bunnelby, they work pretty well!

Here's a quick Avalugg sprite I did. If you want, I can make a better one in time:

7ad565bff4f346438d6bd9958008e3fb.png19ece8548e9042b2ad1948ed4c564d0e.png

ab99461279604a809214ddb356f22307.pngbf058f81cfdc4fdfb9c7bdb6d10d4c27.png

Whoever made the Avalugg frontsprite needs a stern talking to about shade moderation :I

I really hate to do this but im going to have to un-claim the froakie line and zygarde. Ive been way to busy lately to work on them and i dont see me having much free time to work on them. Srry for doing this. I might be able to do back sprites for the froakie line but idk when ill be able to.

6 hours ago, WSGreen said:

I really hate to do this but im going to have to un-claim the froakie line and zygarde. Ive been way to busy lately to work on them and i dont see me having much free time to work on them. Srry for doing this. I might be able to do back sprites for the froakie line but idk when ill be able to.

I call dibs on Zygarde.

I really hate to do this but i'm going to have to un-claim the bunnelby line, my vacation is over and a lot of exams are coming, so i'll be pretty busy, and i don't know if i'll have time to finish it,i also won't want to keep you guys waiting, @Alex i'm sure you'll do great with bunnelby so please claim it.

here is th front sprite (Jan fixed it a little)

BQh97mq.png

@Jmanultrax1 i think you did great with goomy and vivillon

Edited by Amine elhedhili