Reborn's Favorite Pokémon- 2017 Edition

Ojama Yellow

The results of the test, quite accurate.

10. Walrein

9. Gardevoir

8. Torterra

7. Empoleon

6. Aggron

5. Tyranitar

4. Metagross

3. Noctowl

2. Dragonite

1. Typhlosion: the final evolution of my first starter. Even if test didn't place this first, I would have placed Typh as my NUMBER ONE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one should be obvious but...

1. Ninetales - While normally I would've put it in my second place spot, Ninetales is like a signature mon for me when I battle and the name Zuko is probably very familiar with you guys. The famed male Ninetales that I caught in a nuzlocke certainly deserves the top spot as I tend to use him quite a bit whether it be battles or RPs.

2. Alakazam - I'm not surprised this one made it so high. I always liked Psychic types as one of my favorite tactics is Trick Scarf, but nevertheless this guy grew higher on my list due to being one of my first nuzlocke Pokemon to really shine through.

3. Sudowoodo - I can't ever make a top ten list without mentioning Steve the Sudowoodo. Since that's a long story in itself (literally this thing did not miss a single attack kind of story), I'll just say that it basically went from me hating this thing to pretty much my sig nuzlocke Pokemon.

4. Aerodactyl - While yes, I did use this one in a nuzlocke, it was until Gen VI that I grew really fond of it. I just really like Mega Aerodactyl and I don't know why.

5. Blastoise - And of course the first Pokemon I ever used would make this list. While I have other gen I Pokemon, this is the only one I grew to love solely on the first generation alone. I even used Squirtle as a starter in my first Reborn run and that was a hell of a ride.

6. Venusaur - Ah yes, I have to say it's from nuzlocking that I really appreciate Venusaur now. That was my starter on Fire Red (my first nuzlocke run) and I have a lot of fond memories with her. Yes, her. I also love using Venusaur competetively in Gen VI as she was my Charizard slayer as I defeated I think 30 mega charizards with her. Makes for a very great partner with Zuko.

7. Delcatty - Yep, another nuzlock Pokemon. Rosie never really stood out of the crowd, but whenever she battled it was comedy gold. I think my favorite line was when she defeated a Linoone that would've decimated her which after she miraculously won "You saw it here folks: Flash is viable." I just grew really fond of Delcatty despite being a super weak Pokemon just because of the hilariously fun time with a single one.

8. Pelipper - First, pretend Gen VII does not exist for a moment. That had no factor into placing him onto the list. In a Ruby Nuzlocke, this baby was my clutch as it carried me all the way from the very start (it was my second Pokemon I caught) and made almost all the way to the end. Sure he may not have been the most impressive stat wise, but his achievements just cannot go ignored in my head from taking out 5 leader aces and even slaying Groudon. Love the derpy bird and now he's even better than ever.

9. Solrock - This one is hard to describe as I really always liked it as a Pokemon, but a nuzlocke made it jump into the top 10. (So many rock types in my nuzlockes become a major team member...not intentionally). I just wish it was better competitively (well as of Gen VII) as I would've used it a heck of a lot more due to how fun it is to use.

10. Steelix - Steelix is one of those odd mons I really like just because it is a beast of a defense tank. Excadrill outclasses it, but I love the Steel Snake more because of its design and its Mega is fun to use.

More missed out than i'd like but here we go i guess?

I will say it right from the start: I like the design of every mon i list below,  either cuz its outright cool, or cuz its derpy in a cool way. So i won't be mentioning it anymore.

10: Houndoom 

A hell hound?  an edgy guy's best friend!

9: Dunsparce

I always liked these unique pokemon that have these obscure gimmics, and can hold their own in certain situations.   I liked Dunsparce ever since GSC.  RSE made it a god though.

8: Chikorita

I never had my own RBY cartridge.  I had 3 blue versions, and ALL of them were given to me by friends. I picked a different starter in each version. It didn't mean much to me though.

Then, when gen 2 came out, i bought my first cartridge. my very own Gold version.  I started with chikorita because i like nature n stuff, so grass type is high in my list.  The thing learned razor leaf at level 8, which freaked me out. It did not die easily at all, and when most things in GSC have as a scarce movepool as chiko line,  you don't really feel any inferiority.  Why would you though, when you got a FAT beast that can use screens, heal itself, and do some respectable damage too? I liked Chikorita , then Bayleef, and thirdly Meganium though, so hence this result.

I'm always rooting for the Chiko line from the sidelines,  GF does not care though..

7: Victreebel

Right out of the jungle, a man-eating plant that can swallow you whole,  whether it hates you,  wants to eat you,  or just .... show you its love,  right James?  

6: Shedinja

If someone can make a nice Thug Life shedinja avatar, i would be so grateful. because i tried it and i failed miserably.  This thing made an arrogant jerk (he is a nice guy now after 10+ years though) back in my school days shut the fuck up, after seeing his mighty kyogre blown to oblivion by this puny shell of an insect. It was a link battle of course.

5: Shuckle

Look at it in the eyes. Take in the expression. It simply DOES NOT CARE.  What? You're still there? Trying to take it down you say? Shuckle was too busy noticing because it was having a philosophical moment, contemplating whether to improve its Berry Juice recipe by making it more sweet, or it might end up causing it to go search for water faster, because it is such a drag...   duuuuuuuuude :(

4: Dragalge

It is a poisonous seaweed dragon.  It makes as much sense as the whole pokemon thing does.  But it was unconditional love when i first glanced at it.  It is also a nice battler.  Can run a bulky Specs set, an assault vest set, a specially defensive support set, an offensive Trick Room set....     Being poison type adds bonus points since its my favorite type.

3: Umbreon

Narrowly winning against Glaceon, it is so awesome, that its pure awesomeness overflows and creats a carbon fiber armor around it, to make it impervious to most attacks. In the case you do damage it though, it can simply do some moon-bathing.

2: Glaceon

I like the ice type. I generally choosse the option of the ice theme in almost every game i play.  My favourite LoL champion i Sejuani for the same reason.  Now combine that with cute-yet-cool looks,  and the (at least it was in generation 4) strongest blizzard in the game, and you got my most overused Gen 4+5 Showdown pokemon.  Get it in a hail team, slap some specs on, and blizzard away. Eh? its not verry effective you say? THEN WHY IS YOUR REMAINING HP SO FUCKING LITTLE????????  Awesomeness is ALWAYS effective.

1: Steelix

Once upon a time, during my first gold playthrough, the time came for me to battle jasmine. After a couple of unimpressive generic Magnemites (sorry Viri) she unleashes a metallic creature of terrifying and cool design, leaving my kid mind speechless in awe. And then I heard its regal roar. The pixelous sound filled my ears, confirming the supposed size and ferocity of my opponent, and awoke in me the first doubts about the outcome of the fight. They also awoke a flame of desire inside me. "I want this beast" I thought.

It was much later, in Silver Cave, where I met a golden onix. I immediately caught it with one of my cloned masterballs that everyone had those days.

In a week I was drooling over my lvl 100 golden Steelix sprite, and it was grinning back at me. I was actively using it in battles, earning a good amount of Snorlax frowns. 

After so many years and generations, my liking for Steelix is as Sturdy as the behemoth itself (pun-seption intended).

It is ATM the mega pokemon of my "fav mons team" which I created after the loss of all my other showdown teams after a chrome reinstall (I lacked foresight :/) and kicks clefable asses.

Edited by DemICE

I can't imagine this list changed that much, so lets get to it

10: Greninja: still the coolest mon from gen6, now it gets a whole new form to play with

9: Duskull: I still find this thing cute

8: Silvally: It's design,abbility, and lore are all really great, shame it's a jack of all stats though

7: Buzzwole: It's a giant buff humanoid insect, what part of that isn't great?

6 Golisopod: it's a really badass looking evolution of a pathetic mon, what's not to like?

5 Tapu Koko: I just find it's design to be awesome, although it's ability is great too

4 Rayquaza: Still the mascot of the 1st handheld I played, Still has the strongest mega around, still in my favorite list

3 Mimikyu: it's lore, design, and rap all point it to being one of the most adorable pokemon around

2 Darkrai: I still remember liking its movie, plus it's still really strong, even after his signature attack was nerfed damn you smeargle

1 Sceptile: 1st starter+really good anime showing+neat design+nostalgia= my favorite pokemon

huh, changed more than I thought

Edited by YinYang9705
screwed up my spoiler

Used the test and it took me ages but it got the right answers in the end.

10. Heliolisk

9. Golisopod

8. Archeops

7. Aurorus

6. Dragalge

5. Typhlosion

4. Tyranitar

3. Mawile

2. Lilligant

1. Heracross

Great topic. I used your quiz because it's kind of impossible for me to narrow it down to  10 favorites,as it's always a top 20-25. RIP Fable, Ferro and Whimsicott.

Spoiler

620.png

10: Mienshao - the fighting type is my favorite type, but for the longest time a lot of fighting types were either gonky looking or kind of odd. Gen 3-4 improved on that but fighting was overall a very masculine type. Mienshao changed that however,adding some much needed elegance to the typing and being one of the few fighting pokemon with a convincing feminine feel to iit, although with shao it's probably not as intentional as say, Lopunny or pheromosa. Still with Mienshao  the fighting type got something different and it was a total monster in BW, being a rather effective choice against the E4.  It's still one of my favorite fighting types, though screw the anime for  always turning it into a jobber ugh.

461.png

9: Weavile(and sneasel) - I remember when I first saw Sneasel back in gen 2 it became an instant fave of mine. While it was a pain to get in Silver/gold(it didn't appear until like mt silver and it was bronze and blue for lord knows what reason) crystal made it available much earlier in the ice path. Oddly despite being cool, Sneasel was actually kind of weak gameplay wise as its typing worked against its stats(dark types typically suffered from this early on). Weavile thankfully fixed this and turned Sneasel from a cool novelty to one of the premiere ice/dark types among pokemon. Weavile trades a bit of sneasel's slick snideness for a bit of elegance which while I wasn't crazy about at first grew to appreciate once I saw Weavile in action. Weavile is probably one of the most successful cross gen evolutions we've gotten and just a really well designed pokemon overall. 

778.png

8: Mimikyu - one of gen 7's biggest stars, and quite possibly the generation's mascot, mimikyu stole my heart like many others. However, I didn't expect it to be so good. This thing was a hero for battle tree and one of my best pokemon from mid-late game through postgame. I love using this guy and conceptually it's one of the best pokemon ever conceived, and with a sick typing to boot.

473.png

7: Mamoswine - Oh yes the pokemon I seem to use a LOT on here, this guy took a conceptually interesting but kind of lacking line and finished it off strong, saving it from falling into obscurity. Mamoswine is probably one of my most relied upon pokemon in the series, as I use it on showdown, in reborn, and even the main games when he's obtainable. Despite his name he's not actually a mammoth. 

392.png

6: Infernape -admittedly lower than I'd like but it's hard to figure out a spot for him. This guy was my first friend in my foray back into pokemon and well...he even now remains my favorite starter ever. Dude is FIERCE, is a solid starter choice in just about every fangame he's in, and overall is just a really well done pokemon in every respect. I love Infernape and let's not forget he had one of the best moments in the anime, well pre-kalos at least.

768.png

5: Golisopod - Visually this guy is on even footing with Garchomp for most badass looking (non legend) pokemon and personally IMO dethroned Volcarona  for coolest looking bug. I was blown away by this guy's reveal and really I'm still geeking out over just how well GF nailed him design wise. His ability is a double edged sword but can be worked around if you're smart. He was VERY useful in my SM playthrough especially in battle royal as first impression lead to some very easy kill steals and he just has a good selection of priority moves. Oh, and let's not forget he's the ace of Guzma, which only serves to make Guzma that much cooler...and actually kind of challenging later on.

398.png

4: Staraptor - the gamechanger. This guy redefined one of pokemon's oldest archetypes and is legendary among players for just how awesome it is. First of all, that cry. I love Staraptor's original cry and it's one of my favorites. Second, let's discuss the hair. Some think the hair's silly, but they're pidgey fans. The hair is awesome and gives Star personality. Now the glare, Staraptor's old sprite had one of the most serious glares I've seen in a pokemon game. He just looks ready to rip fools apart and with brave bird and close combat(this was mindblowing back then, a flying type ORAing the crap out of foes? Dude) you know well he would. I make sure to use BRAVESTBIRD at least once whenever he's available in a pokemon game.

428.png

3: Lopunny - see everybody's jizzing themselves over Gardevoir, and I'm like, naw, I'm good with lopunny. But really while I always liked her, it's Megapunny which really brought her up to top tier for me. First of all the typing is delicious, and with scrappy? Lopunny went from a niche support gal at best to one of the deadliest  normal and fighting types in OU. The jump was insane and she looks incredible too, being one of the few megas whose design meshed well with her transition and added a much appreciated feminine touch to the fighting type pool. 

445.png

2: Garchomp - so I totally skipped 3rd gen initially and got back into the series with D/P. This guy, right here, was one of the reasons why. This pokemon is like, the embodiment of pure videogame badassery. A hammerhead shark dragon that can zip around like a plane and cause devastating earthquakes? Dude yes, GIVE IT TO ME. But really, just look at him: Garchomp is undoubtedly one of the fiercest, rawest,  in your face over the top looking pokemon even today, and I'm totally fine with that.  He looks badass, he's incredibly badass in battle to where people were banning him early on, and you just feel like a complete BAMF using one of these guys you raised yourself. Garchomp is essentially BADASS: the pokemon, and i love it so much for that.

560.png

1: Scrafty - this one is quite a story. When I first heard of scrafty it was through the somewhat infamous gen 5 leaks and he was described as weraing his prevo's face as a hood and scary. Being our first dark/fighting type I thought this would be cool but admittedly I was rather put off by him at first glance. Thing is I just didn't get what the line was supposed to be, until I realized they were themed off street thugs: the saggy pants, the dark/fighting type, scowl, being drawn  like a  stylized graffiti toon...these dudes were perfect for Unova's setting and they grew on me a lot. Then I used it in battle and whoa, the thing was a BEAST. The moxie hype was real, and its defenses were great enough to take some abuse despite the low HP. While fairy really put a hamper on things, Scrafty still manages to impress and usually is among my MVPs whenever I use him in ANY pokemon game, not just reborn. Dude's got so much character in design that while tough to appreciate at first glance will grow on you once you give it a chance.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

And the thread has been updated to include all votes so far! The current top three gets dominated by generation III, a lot of the favorites from last year seem to be absent for now, and a small applause for Scyther for being the only unevolved Pokémon to reach the top 10 so far.

Keep those votes coming!

oooh, i'll give this a try

note: i dont know how to explain why i like these pokemon, so dont kill me, but ill try

Spoiler

10. Lycanroc - Midday form Lycanroc

LycanrocLycanroc

"When properly raised from a young age, it will become a trustworthy partner that will absolutely never betray its Trainer."

I looove wolfs, canines overall. I prefer the midday better because it gives me a feeling of loyalty. Also, look at this design1!!! The light brown fur that works so well with the rocks and the spiky white fur, with blue eyes to finish off. I love this Pokémon since it was revealed as a little Rockruff.

9. Roserade 407MS.png

Roserade407Roserade.png

"With the movements of a dancer, it strikes with whips that are densely lined with poison thorns.

It's elegant, it's mysterious, it's poisonous. Who doesn't like a masquerade? Roselia needed an evolution, and look at this magnific Pokémon. The white hair and the cape just adds to the design. It also has spiky whips under its roses, did you know that? Better be careful...

8. Flygon 330MS.png

Flygon330Flygon.png

"Flygon is nicknamed “the elemental spirit of the desert.” Because its flapping wings whip up a cloud of sand, this Pokémon is always enveloped in a sandstorm while flying. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. The “singing” is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm."

How the heck did an ant turn into a dragon spirit of the desert? It is a mystery, but thank god it turned! It has a mystic feeling around it. Its design is so clever that it even has protection for the eyes under a sandstorm. How cool----

7. Croagunk 453MS.png

Croagunk453Croagunk.png

"Inflating its poison sacs, it makes an eerie blubbering sound for intimidation."

Yoooo, it's ya boi Croagunk. Croagunk may be my favorite first stage Pokémon, the way it moves, the look on its face, it's priceless. I don't know why Toxicroak doesn't shine as much to me, but I still think that it's a really cool Pokémon, this may be because of Brock's Croagunk. Also

6. Kommo-o Kommo-o

Kommo-o784Kommo-o.png

"It leaps at its prey with a courageous shout. Its scaly punches tear its opponents to shreds."

When Jangmo-o was revealed, I thought that it was going to grow wings and turn into another Dragon/Flying Pokémon. Thankfully, I was wrong. I love the entire line of Kommo-o, Fighting/Dragon is such a cool combination. At first, its scales really bothered me, but its design has grown on me and I really love it, the scales on the head resembling a crown or dreads are so cool, I wish I could use this Pokémon in a future playthrough since Jangmo-o is only available at the very end of the game.

5. Empoleon 395MS.png

Empoleon395Empoleon.png

"It avoids unnecessary disputes, but it will decimate anything that threatens its pride. If anyone were to hurt its pride, it would slash them with wings that can cleave through an ice floe."

Piplup was my first Pokémon ever, so Empoleon has a very special place in my heart. Penguins are such cool animals, I would have one as a pet if possible. Anyway, Empoleon: I love its design, the crown, the belly, the way it's looking to us it's so... royal? Anyway, I really like it.

4. Gliscor 472MS.png

Gliscor472Gliscor.png

"It dances silently through the sky. If it succeeds in catching even a faint breeze properly, it can circle the globe without flapping once."

I don't know why I like Gliscor so much tbh... Maybe it's because of Ash's Gliscor (It also has a very cool cry in the anime). I always use it when possible, and it really gets the job done! When it isn't an Ice-type... heh. I really don't know how to explain why I like it, but it is one of my favorites.

3. Togekiss 468MS.png

Togekiss468Togekiss.png

"It shares many blessings with people who respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife. As everyone knows, it visits peaceful regions, bringing them gifts of kindness and sweet blessings."

Togekiss is basically the angel of the Pokémon world. It is serene, cute and elegant. It is also very powerful (flinchax intensifies). Togekiss is pure, and its design reflect this. Not having too many details is its own way to charm.

2. Reuniclus 579MS.png

Reuniclus579Reuniclus.png

"When Reuniclus shake hands, a network forms between their brains, increasing their psychic power."

Another strange Pokémon that I don't know why I like it so much. It's funny because it is a psychic FETUS inside a giant green blob, and it is still cute... to me. It also is very powerful anyway.

1. Luxray 405MS.png

Luxray405Luxray.png

My favorite Pokémon of all time. I absolutely love its entire evolution line, it also was a very important Pokémon on my very first playthrough of Pokémon. Its cry, its colors, it all charm to me. Unfortunately, it isn't too strong, but I always use it when possible.

I might as well cast my vote on this.

10: Samurott

9: Zoroark

8: Glaceon

7: Primarina

6: Eevee

5: Umbreon

4: Vaporeon

3: Lucario

2: Sylveon

1: Dewott

I'm guessing a lot of people here are "hoennbabies." Though gen 3 does have some pretty exotic and cool pokemon and was my favorite generation of monsters until gen 5(despite skipping the games themselves for a long time), though now I'm not even sure if it's top 3 for me anymore. ORAS made me realize I don't quite enjoy using as many gen 3 mons as I thought I did.

Admittedly I don't get why so many are fascinated with Gardevoir. It's cool but jeez this board REALLY likes her lol.

17 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

I'm guessing a lot of people here are "hoennbabies." Though gen 3 does have some pretty exotic and cool pokemon and was my favorite generation of monsters until gen 5(despite skipping the games themselves for a long time), though now I'm not even sure if it's top 3 for me anymore. ORAS made me realize I don't quite enjoy using as many gen 3 mons as I thought I did.

Admittedly I don't get why so many are fascinated with Gardevoir. It's cool but jeez this board REALLY likes her lol.

I like Gardevoir because it was one of my mons when I completed my first Hoenn game which was Emerald. It's quite cool with it's humanlike characteristics and it's typing is quite cute.

Spoiler

10. braixen.gif Braixen: Cute design, Pokemon in XY/Z anime (my favorite season)

9. vulpix-alola.gif Alolan vulpix: I like both vulpix forms, but I think I like the alolan form better. I bought an alolan vulpix plush :P

8. milotic-f.gif Milotic: Elegant design, and I like how feeble Feebas evolves into this majestic pokemon

7. sylveon.gif Sylveon: At first I didn't like this Eevolution because it felt overdone compared to the other Eevolutions, but deep inside my heart I loved its design haha

6. lopunny.gif Lopunny: Plain adorable, speed-wise perfect, and I like that it can mega evolve into an athletic rabbit

5. primarina.gif Primarina: I fell in love with this final evolution of Popplio <3

4. mawile.gif Mawile: The amount of types it can learn through TMs is astounding - it's useful and pretty

3. mew.gif Mew: Had to include my first favorite pokemon. I loved Mew's playful personality in the first movie

2. lucario.gif Lucario: I don't know why, but there is something about Lucario that makes me like it

Of course y'all already guessed it

florges-white.gif Florges: I would've included the other evolutions (flabebe, floette), but the other pokemon in this list complained it was unfair :P

I'm glad florges is not a grass type (as I'd imagined before playing her) because I don't like grass types for fighting. I liked her in the XY/Z anime, and her design is absolute fabulous, right in my taste

Honourable mentions: Magearna, Steelix, Excadrill, Skarmory, Bisharp, Reuniclus, Rotom, Kyogre, Kartana, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bronzong, Aegislash

10. Empoleon 

9. Registeel

8. Scizor

7. Deoxys

6. Genesect

5. Celesteela

4. Starmie

3. Porygon-Z

2. Metagross

1. Magnezone

Not much has changed since last year. I still prefer concepts revolving around alien, machinelike, inorganic lifeforms, (therefore, largely Steel and Psychic types) with a preference for abilities like Analytic, Clear Body, Download, Technician, etc.

The only notable change is that I have found me a new ride in Celesteela. Worthy as Skarmory was, a giant alien spacecraft is much more thematic than a plucked prehistoric turkey.

7 hours ago, seki108 said:

Wonder if people will see this again if I bump it??

It sure worked for me! Thanks! Having said that, I took your quiz, and found it extremely accurate. Here is who I got:

10) Leavanny: a fast grass type with a good design. A glass cannon, but has saved me countless times in Reborn

9) Heracross: a monster on the field who can annihilate those pesky psychic types

8) Beartic: I have one in Reborn, and he is the only reason I beat Solaris. Also, his design is really AWESOME

7) Sudowoodo: the ace of my original gold team, was also the only reason I beat Red with a team in the mid 40s (with the exception of Jynx at 47)

6) Lilligant: I just beat White for the first time, and she swept Ghetsis with quiver dance and petal dance. Hydreigon got two shot by this thing!

5) Flareon: my favorite Eeveelution, while not a strong battler, it was extremely useful for hunting down the birds (especially Moltres, who was walled by Flash Fire)

4) Crobat: an awesome way to upgrade a Pokemon considered useless, and really fun to use in battle

3) Raichu: the ace of my Firered team, it is extremely fun to use and has decent enough stats (at least in gen 3, even if Pikachu is better)

2) Vileplume: purely nostalgia, this was the first Pokemon I got to level 100, and it carried me through Stadium

1) Swampert: awesome design, great stats, great type, good move pool, and not broken enough to be considered cheap. I always have this as a staple to my team, and my Swampert in Reborn got me through almost everything (it even got me through the GRASS GYM of all things somehow)

Honorable mentions: Darmanitan, Gigalith, Electrode, Breloom, Staraptor, Grumpig, Groudon, Mewtwo, Blastoise

Honourable mentions: Yanmega, Espeon, Noivern, Ampharos, Hydreigon, Gyarados, Blaziken, Arcanine, Groudon, Reshiram, Luxray, Feraligatr, Torterra, Sceptile, Krookodile, Lycanroc(both forms),  Skarmory

10. Skarmory. Yeah, I know. I used to love this thing to the point where it'd be instantly at 1. Entirely because its design, mind you. I'm not fond of its play style at all. May even eventually get pushed out of the list entirely if gen 8 has something else that sparks my interest..

Edit: I somehow forgot entirely about Golisopod. And it definitely deserves a spot here. So, Skarmory gets pushed off the list. See ya metal turkey.

10. Umbreon. Another Pokemon I like based off it's design alone and really nothing else. Move along.

9. Volcarona. Not normally fond of bugs, but Volcarona just sorta stood out to me. Couldn't tell if it was the design, the moveset or what, but here it is, I guess?

8. Rowlet. Not often I like an unevolved Pokémon enough to say it's one of my favourites, but Jesus Christ, this damn thing is too bloody adorable.

7. Chesnaught. Not a Pokémon I was initially very impressed by, but it grew on me after I used it in Reborn. It also came with Spiky Shield, the only Protect-like move that didn't feel like it was totally murdering the pace of a battle because it did damage.

6. Chandelure. A Pokémon I only really picked up in Black and White because I needed a fire type and Fire/Ghost seemed interesting. Then I learned it hit like a freight train. The rest is history.

5. Staraptor. Oh hey! An early birb that doesn't suck. ...Aside from Talonflame. What else is there to say about it other than the fact it looks badass?

4. Golisopod. The design alone makes it my favourite gen 7 Pokémon. Add on the fact that one of the most badass and menacing looking Pokémon in gen 7 evolves from one of the most pathetic and cowardly, as well as its unique ability and high attack stat and bulk, and you got yourself an amazing Pokémon.

3. Archeops. Just a concept I love combined with great stats... and let down by one of the shittiest abilities ever. I always thought that it'd be neat if they had used an early prehistoric bird for an idea as a Pokémon as a kid, and gen 5 delivered on that with something that can hit like a truck but still out-sped most Pokémon. Wound up being my favourite out of my team in Black. Still, awful ability holds it back from being amazing. Which is just tragic. This poor thing needs a new ability pronto. And I don't think Game Freak will ever bother giving it one.

2. Ludicolo. This is just one of the silliest concepts for a Pokémon. A constantly dancing kappa/pineapple/Mexican stereotype thing. The Miror B. battle in Colosseum also contributed to my love of this thing.

1. Salamence. The best dragon(... in my opinion). I've always preferred the idea of European dragons(the kinds with 4 legs and a set of wings), to the more serpentine looking ones or the wingless ones. There's also it's Pokédex entries, which paint a picture of a small dragon growing up and finally achieving their dream to take to the skies after waiting their whole life for it. Maybe even gaining wings specifically because its desire to fly was so great. And it lays waste to everything around it with fire because that's how it expresses joy. Honestly, this is just my kind of Pokémon. Just wish its mega didn't give it that weird-ass mono-wing thing that makes it look like the Rebel Alliance logo from Star Wars.

Edited by Captain Breakfast
Forgot about Golisopod.

10. Flaaffy (best sheep)

9. Raichu (it's frickin' Raichu)

8. Houndoom (always disappointed it isn't available earlier in gen 2)

7. Wooper (best water ever fite me irl)

6. Maractus (great design, wish it was better)

5. Togekiss (St. Francis Haxavier)

4. Chandelure (the fact that a chandelier makes a good pokemon astounds me)

3. Volcarona (the mystery egg can kiss my butt for never giving me Larvesta >:P)

2. Cinccino (Haxylophone)

1. Weavile (favourite since it came out)