[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Mot nodded in approval of the name as he slowly but surely carried the weapon off to his awaiting Motorcycle, and he gingerly placed it on top of a seemingly always present lance holder on it's right side. "Yes I know it's heavy Eddie, I know".

He scratched his head as he approached the membrane still left on the anvil, and after putting on his trademark looks once more he brought it over to the researcher they had rescued earlier and plopped it down in front of.....the researcher. "Can you figure out a way to make more of this without having it be attached on something that wants to kill me, and can you think of a way to process this into something usable?".

"Well uh, if we had the equipment, we could cultivate it, Research and Data shows that they can be induced to replicate using beta waves, so par that with standard cloning and nutrient vats, I imagine we could."

"What are you using that thing for?  The Metroid's Membrane is, like the rest of it, a biological marvel.  Complete resistance to common energy weapons, near perfect energy transfer and distribution, and it's only true weakness being cold, I would have to know exactly what you are planning on using it for."

The researcher says. It seems he has ditched his Federation Armor in place of a much more comfortable jumpsuit, The armor sits in one of the glass cases of the Barracks, with his name labled on it.  Reese Archer, his name seems to be.  Ironic.

Mot pondered the question for a while before finally answering with "I want to create a new protective and hopefully not too restrictive layer to add to the armor I am wearing" he hit his chest with a fist, which made absolutely no sound whatsoever "And I think we should make some more anyway, just in case someone wanted to experiment on it".

Edited by Cronos5010

"If you want more of it, I'll need some kind of Radioactive substance, Tritium is preferable, I'll need Sterilizing equipment, Vats, Heat Controllers, some type of safe fungus, and a method of growing said fungus."

--

Mar charges into the Barracks, Scrambling for materials, He Creates Lensite Blocks, Small Rounded ones with hollow insides, he scatters them near the Drawbridge and Entrance, The Radiation must be contained.  He also uses a long Stone Rod with a flat Plane to Scoop out and Spread Black Ash on the Drawbridge and Door, Caking it in antimagic ash, Finally, he scatters voidstone pebbles coated in glass around, if anything tries to enter, the magic should be sucked towards them, causing the glass to glow with light.

Edited by Hal Henderics

• 2 weeks later...

After talking to the scientist, Mot had taken a seat on the nearest bunk and started to flick through the obituary he had with him, he was halfway through reading all about the unfortunate series of events that will lead to the timely death of Miss. Wickham when the entire castle suddenly became an extremely uncomfortable place to be in.

In response to this Mot simply pulled out his trusty revolver, put the obituary back in its place, and wielded the lance the barbarian called Mar made for him earlier before getting on his trusty steed Eddie and puttering along to the scientist from earlier to ask "How are you doing?".

Rather unfortunately Mot could not provide no real comfort for the man, although he did his best by saying "I can't say, I haven't been here long enough to do that, maybe the castle was just experiencing some turbulence? Like a plane is said to do before crashing, although I must say that the most dangerous thing about turbulence is the person sitting next to you having a panic attack".

• 1 year later...

In barracks, a man in armor vaguely desert nomadic armor drops to the floor from out of nowhere. He's still for a moment, laying on his back and blinking as he tries to gather his bearings. After a few moments he sits up and looks around, confusion evident despite the fact that half his face is covered. After a few seconds he slumps over, bringing the shield and odd looking "sword" on his back. Finally he shakes his head and stands, pulling his head scarf down as he wanders off to see if he can get an explanation of where he was.

Mira Terumi

For the most part, the sounds of work could already be heard in the Barracks. Specifically, the source was Mira, who was busy sharpening her sword. Once she had learned the Castle had an onboard smithy, Mira immediately had gone over there in order to repair her weapon and armor. Which, in her defense, were not in the best of shape due to constant back to back missions, without much of a change to prepare for the next. So, the ability to work on her sword again after said missions was more than relaxful for her.

At the very least, it gave her something to focus on.

6D

Elsewhere in the barracks, a white-haired woman drifts slowly to the ground, her descent slowed by the floating robot she is holding onto. 6D touches down fairly gently, looking around the room and trying to see if anyone was present. "Analysis:" the robot says in a dull monotone. "This is not the location Unit 6D was at previously. Recommendation: Search for information about location."

"You don't say?" 6D says sarcastically. "Keep scanning. Wonder if anyone's around? It's a beautiful castle..." At that, she walks down the halls, looking around half out of serious searching and half curiosity. 

The man's tongue slips out of his mouth, whipping through the air as he dawns a thoughtful expression. After a few seconds he turns and starts walking purposefully towards the sound of someone sharpening a weapon. He soon arrives in the same room as Mira, looking around. He crosses his arms before finally speaking.

"I don't remember the New World having any castles so I'm going to assume I'm not there. Also since I wasn't tied up I'm going to assume that you aren't about to attack me. If I'm not right, I'm terribly sorry but could you just confirm now? I'm not much for fighting small fry and I'd rather get it over with."

Mira Terumi

Mira didn't even let lift her head as an unfamiliar man entered the room where she was working, and barely budged when he began talking to her, "No, you're not in this 'New World' of yours. And despite the implied threat, I don't have the time to even bother attacking you, even if you were an enemy. As you can see, I'm busy" Mira replied, before finally glancing up, red eyes staring at the man from underneath Mira's black helmet, "Either way, don't expect to return to your New World anytime soon. Your job now is to protect both your world and others."

The man sighs. He leans against a wall as he massages his temples for a few seconds before looking back up.

"Yes, I suppose this isn't my world at all. I can tell just from your choice of weaponry and your need to sharpen it... So, Grimm are also a problem... here? Forgive my prodding but where is this place anyway? I kind of went on a bender after celebrating last night and when I woke up I was here, I'm a bit confused."

The man shrugs in a "What can you do" manner as he finishes his statement.

Mira Terumi

"Grimm? I have no clue what you're talking about, but they're likely a lot better than what you'll be dealing with now" Mira replied, stopping her sword sharpening and planting the blade onto the ground, "While I am unfamiliar with this castle myself, I believe we are in-between the layer of various worlds, and you managed to have hopped on while we were passing by yours. Or something of that sort, I don't know every little detail there is to this. But, either way, your purpose here now is to work alongside the various other people here to slay Trespassers and various other things that threaten different worlds" Mira poorly explained, now beginning to inspect her gauntlets, "... If you'd bother walking around the place a bit more, there's no doubt you'd find someone who knows more than I do. I don't care for the details, I just kill whatever needs to be killed."

Rory smirks at the explanation.

"Alternate dimensions. Of course, how silly of me not to guess. Well, can't say for certain but it sounds like I'm not really doing much different now. I'll take your advice and look for someone else, pretty sure I heard someone while heading here."

Rory shrugs and walks away. Heading in the direction a the woman and robot he heard. 

Friedhold made his way into the Barracks, specifically he went looking to the scientist familiar with the strange monster who's corpse he now owned and wished to experiment on.

So with few words he was off to commit SCIENCE and left the Little Sister largely to her own devices.

Nessa with her brightly glowing eyes, strangely echoing voice, and freshly bloodstained dress skips off down the halls of the barracks.

And she didn't stop skipping until she quickly turned a corner only to bump directly into 6D and falling flat on her butt. 

"Oww that hurt.  Why are you standing there?"

She slowly picked herself up and looked at 6D with an unnatural unblinking stare.

6D

"Unidentified lifeform approaching." The Pod said as 6D walked... but not soon enough to stop the impact.

"...Thanks." 6D muttered to the robot, before turning to the little...girl...thing. "I'm sorry, I was looking for someone to explain what was going on." she said as she helped her up. She looked... human, ish. And didn't feel like an android, or a machine for that matter. Could she-

"Analyis: Unidentified lifeform resembles a human child, but does not seem to be one. Standard procedure states that-"

"Doesn't apply right now." 6D said firmly. "So... where are we?" 

Conincidentally this distraction was long enough for Rory to finally enter sight and approach the girl and woman. Both of them looked off, mainly the little girl but... he wasn't about to question it given what he knew of this place.

"Hey! I take it you're new as well? And you... aren't."

Rory pointed to the (unbeknownst to him) robot and little girl in time with his questions.

"We're in the castle that swims through the ocean between places.  You're stuck here until it decides to stop at the above again, but I don't want it to stop, the above is always scary."

She paused her wistful monologue for a second before returning to a serious deadpan tone.

"You're here to fight the monsters.  They don't want anything to exist because it hurts them.  So you have to turn them into angels before they turn everything into nothings."

Rory nods. Kid didn't know shit, but that meant there was probably an adult that knew more. Still, he check out what's up with the blindfold chick.

"So about what the other one said.... I'm Rory by the, what's your guy's names? Since we'll be working together I mean."

6D

"Analysis: Unidentified lifeform does not show indicators of lying. Recommend considering statement truthful" the Pod reported.

Alright, but how do you translate that? Things that exist hurt the monsters, so they want to make everything nothing. Boil that down, like she said: Fight the monsters. Machines, perhaps? Or maybe the ones that created them even. And, "everything" would include humans - therefore, logically, to protect humans, these monsters must be stopped. The others could hold down the metaphorical fort at Earth. Although... if they weren't on Earth or near The Bunker, she'd have to be careful. No access to spare bodies or ability to update her black box. 

6D nodded. "Thank you for the explanation." She would have to find someone who could explain in less confusing terms, but she got the gist. "My designation is YorHa Unit 6D. I hope for fruitful cooperation." This was to the girl, and the strange man.

"Second unidentified lifeform-" the Pod began. Not human then. She shouldn't be surprised.

"Pod, shut up until you have something new to report."

"Understood."

Rory raises his eyebrows at the robot thingy. After a moment he smiles.

"I take it your drone there is smart then? Well I'm interested in what it thinks I am then. Even people where I'm from don't typically get that much that quick at least."

6D... well, if she rose an eyebrow it was invisible. She did tilt her head questioningly. "For a given value of smart. Pod, continue analysis."

"Unidentified lifeform appears human to visual scans. However, other forms of scans cannot make contact. Therefore, full analysis is impossible. Conjecture: Unidentified lifeform is either producing an energy field, or has equipment able to do so."

Rory thinks for a few moments before nodding at the analysis. "Fair enough, you're either getting my aura or my semblance. Probably the former. Since I can't really turn that off I'll just tell you straight on." Rory pauses and his tongue shoots out of his mouth and the snakey appendage wiggles in the air for a few moments before he retracts it. "I'm a Faunus, a snake Faunus specifically. In pretty much every way I'm human except for two main things. My tongue is that of a snake's, obviously, and I have improved night vision."

"Hm. I don't think they had anything like you where I was from." At least, there were no records of human-animal hybrids. Not that many full records existed. And yet, not an alien... apparently.

"Multiverse theory: For every possibility, there is a different dimension or universe." the Pod said. "Analysis: We are no longer in our home universe."