[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"I was tired." Visrii put simply.

"But seriously, us, the 'saviors' of the multiverse?" Visrii gave a bitter laugh. "The multiverse has championed a cesspool of idiots and rejects against eldritch abominations. Whoever's running this show has a shitty sense of humour."

"Heh, eldritch abominations, now that sounds like your average Tuesday to me, but let's face it, we're a neutron bomb the multiverse has fired at the trespassers, we are not here to make friends or enemies, we are simply here to kill whatever needs killing, to save whatever apparently needed saving, and to figure it out for ourselves for any other situation" Solomon eats another pork rind with a loud crunch "I get the tired thing, but you seem to faint a lot you know? Had to carry you over here earlier".

"I would have never pegged you as a fire shaman, since you know, you use lightning, I guess I can see it now, at least you're not trying to represent the ever changing nature of fire, those people are always annoying... Quick question, have you eaten anything since you have gotten here?" Said Solomon as he opened his sack to take out a sausage and broke a piece off of the bread "It's better than nothing".

Leon watched the conversation between Visrii and Solomon. They don't seems to be a troublesome fellow, but that guy... Visrii

Great, he's here... Leon sighes to himself.

Of course, you're a mercenary. That's the easiest one to get out of trouble, right? But, You don't look like a normal merc. You look like someone who used to be more, eh? 

those word that Visrii told him, stuck with Leon.

What made him says those words? All I said was I'm a mercenary and yet... this guy seems to know why I'm a mercenary. It seems we have something in common.

"I've overheard something interesting, Visrii, fainted a lot?" Leon asked Solomon.

Edited by LeonVermillion

Solomon coughed quite loudly after Leon's intrusion "Excuse me but this is a, shall we say, private conversation, as in, you are not invited, but for your edification, Visrii here represent's the spirit of fire, in all of it's fickle, passing glory".

Edited by Cronos5010

Visrii looked suspiciously at the offer made by the book-flinger, but took it nonetheless. If he trusted him in battle, he had to trust him outside of it.

Visrii never really felt hunger. It was part of the Sigil during the initiation, a 3 month training course without food. They were told to draw power from the flame, not from their bodies. 

Of course, those that didn't fell off. 17 had died during the Sigil. 3 more, during the final courses. Those 5 that survived learned to stop listening to their hunger until it became an absolute undeniable necessity.

...and now he had attracted that recluse, Leon. The so called 'mercenary', the one with the eyes of scarred guilt. 

"Fire, in its primal form, is greater than what it appears to be. It is comprised of Chaos, Light and Power. I had simply chosen Chaos, which manifests in the form of Lightning.

I was one of the lucky few bastards who managed to channel lightning and not be burnt by its Chaos. 

Of course, people hate what they cannot covet, and they deem it Evil, though I cannot care less."

"Hah, all I had to do to start casting magic was to start thinking that I could cast magic, talent based wizardry systems are awesome, on the flip side I don't know how to hack into a computer, or how to fly a drone", Solomon ate some more pork rinds as he said "It is something for us wizards to talk about, and for us to make fun of non wizards like you for not knowing about it".

"Of course, I can cast spells other than Lighting or Fire; simply that I prefer it above all else.

In any case, magic in my realm is scarce only because of its cost; your lifespan is shortened."

"In short a powerful type of Magic and people call that evil?" Leon laughed.

"Bunch of idiots who just jealous of your magic. To be honest with you, there is no such thing as evil magic and good magic, only people who make the right choice on how they use it, and people who makes the wrong choice on how they use it." Leon replied to Visrii

He then looked at Solomon, "huh is that so? Well I don't really care anyway, we both have our own role and our own way in battle."

"Yes we all have our roles, mine is to destroy the enemy's team and magical defenses, your job seems to be getting shot at a lot" Solomon hands a pork rind to Visrii "You know Visrii, since you are currently in the smithy, is there anything you'd like to make? The four of us are free for a while, and I am pretty sure that anyone you can trust with your equipment is someone you might be able to trust with your life.".

Visrii widened his crooked smile. "Never said I wasn't a deplorable, did I? In any case, I'd probably die off in a couple years, so no harm in doing shit that matters."  

Visrii turned to Leon. "That sounds about the trend of it. I ain't the only one who people call Evil.

Reavers, for one. They use blood magic, and have been persecuted for decades for their ability, no doubt because of fear and jealousy.
But no, there is a distinction of magic, a fine distinction, but a distinction no less.

Revenants are magi who refused to die when they had used their souls up in their magic. They sap others' souls to sustain their own life.

Lightning has been used exclusively by infamous murderers, those who weave destruction with moral abandon.

There isn't evil or good magic. But there's magic people tend to use in evil ways."

Visrii nodded. "I can probably do with some improvements to armour, this fight isn't gonna get any easier from here on out."

"just as I thought, people who use magic for wrong reason... but I can see that, you're not one of those people." Leon replied to Visrii

"Yeah, I'm probably the weakest from all of you and all I have is" Leon who is in front of Solomon suddenly appeared behind his back. "My speed, it's probably the only reason how I manage to survive this long... but even then there is someone who is much faster than me here." Leon laughed.

if only I have my other weapons... I could be a lot more useful...

"but as I said before I don't care, all I want is going to back to my own world as fast as possible." Leon sighs to himself.

Mia...

Edited by LeonVermillion

Mar rises from his meditation.

"I would be waxing romantic over the desire to see home, but I know my tribe, they will trust me as they always have.  It is simply our nature, If I have left, they will expect my return or my death."

"Such is our way.  It does pain me to think that they might one day believe I have left to hide my death from my loved ones, but It is of no consequence.  They are strong, and I have strength yet."

But the opportunity of a lifetime is here, to aid in the protection of everything, and everyone.  Mar just can't turn down an honor like that.

"Whatever we were before, an amount of every single aspect of all things' wellfare have been put in our hands.  That makes us Heroes, unless we betray this noble goal here and now."

"None here can claim to have sins greater than the ones we seek to punish, the crime of attempted and working True Omnicide."

Mar strides over to the Boiling Pot of Pure Brew and takes a stone glassfull to his lips, Drinking deeply of it.

"Hear Hear!"

He says.

"Swish it around, *Smack* Cover all 9000 Taste Buds... *Smack*"

"Aerate it *Smack* Warm it up *Smack* Driving up *Smack* That Top note! *Smack* Cream *Smack* Pure Vanilla *Smacking* that Sweetness *C H E W* Mmmmm Mmm!  That's a ten."

Mar Comments, finishing the taste test.

He Adds Several bolts of energy into the brew, making it churn uncomfortably, Gold Mana to negate the Twilit Mana, Life Mana to remove Residual Death Mana, Apple Mana from Leon to compliment the Mushroom mana.

He then feels the effects of the cup of Unfinished Brew Hit him all at once.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Theme of Brew

Pleasure courses through his veins like lightning, cloying and frittering, jumping forward a bit at a time, he feels his muscles thrumming, and his headache clearing, the wound already closing up.

"A combination... of several... scavenged materials..."

Serve your Master, the Lord of the twilight, Lord Zant...
Give your heart to Darkness, as all hearts begin and end...
Obtain the Black Materia, end this world, free me...

Mar sits down, his head feels foggy.

He feels the power flowing through him.

You will obey me.  I will be served by all things.
All worlds begin in darkness, and so too all end.
I will destroy, destroy everything.

He feels...

He feels the power flowing through him.

He feels the urge to give in

He feels hopeless in opposition.

...Strange

"I need to lay down, keep talking, if you would, Argent  The Medicine is doing it's job, as you can tell from my healed forehead."

Mar lays down. Strange whooshing noises almost, or whispers.  They drown each other out.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Tell me a story, something cheery.  I'll tell you one in return."

Mar clears his throat.

"This isn't one of my Tribe's Tales, but rather, it is supposedly considered to be the most common tale in my world, some sort of core message that scholars have found to ring true."

"A few Moments ago, at the beginning of time,

And a step to the left, where it all began.

There once was a Hero, and a Villain.

The Hero and the Villain engaged in a contest.

The Hero was Victorious.

Destiny, having seen the Contest, was entertained by the event.

Destiny ordained, that now and forever, the story be repeated forevermore.

And now Actors on the stage act out The Play, of the Hero, and the Villain."

"It's an odd story, but everyone loves it.  It's very simple, and easy to remember."

The voices are trying to be heard over one another, it sounds argumentative.

Edited by Hal Henderics