[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Visrii, probably remembering Hikari's extensive use of magic, finds her and Kagari in the training room. Hikari is blushing for some reason. When he asks his question, Hikari is quick to agree. "If it'll help the team, sure. Kagari, be right back!" she says to the less-mini Kagari, the one not on her head, as she goes to help. Visrii, when having her there as an aid to his attunement, finds that she has a significant amount of magical power in her. After it's done, she rushes back to the training room. "What was the thing... 'butt figure-eights?' I'll try..." she says, finding a part of the room and trying to mimic what the two Kagaris had shown her outside. She's... not great at it. But that's to be expected from someone who didn't even know Keijo was a thing until ten minutes ago, let alone has ever practiced.

Helping Visrii.

"It contains much eldritch magic, but I am afraid that it is currently..leaking said magic into the manasphere, basically causing things to go badly around it due to what I assume is a flaw in it's construction, the thing is, can you do anything to fix it? I am afraid that I am all thumbs when it comes to fixing something like this without destroying it" Solomon handed the metal accumulator to Mar.

Mar turns the shard over in his hands.

"I believe I could help.  Could you create a book on Metal Failure conditions, for a short skim?"

When given the book, Mar uses his Adamantine Ore Shard to crack the Accumulator Shard into a Brilliant Cut Diamond, to fix it's flaws in construction.

He then Infuses it with Deep Blue Spinel Mana.

People Involved

Mar: 3 Int, 3 Syn.

Solomon: 9 Int.

Intended Result

Name: Pure Metal Diamond

Description: A Brilliant Cut Metal Gem, infused with an impurity absorbing enchantment, it has glowing blue spikes that cause it to adhere to an object, absorbing impurity from it.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats: 3 SYN

Weight: 0

SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:

5 Syn: +1 Con from bodily impurity being absorbed as well.

Special Qualities:
Impurity Absorbed: Remove One Negative Effect from One equipped item where relevant, chosen when equipped.

Fragile Curse: If this Item is Unequipped, it risks destruction.

----

Mar gives Little Sneak a gentle tug, and with reluctance, it exits this host. Mar Gives it Heartless Metal Armor Mana, and, showing it a piece of Hard Rock for comparison, has it apply the mana as it pleases to the Silicon Doll.

It has had a small bit of practice, so enhancing it's doll with Hard Stone should let it armor and personalize this doll for future use.

Thaum>Heartless Armor>Silicon: (7, 10) This Mana type produces Hardrock, a Hard Grey Rock.

Intended Result

Personalized ??? Doll: Changes Little Sneak to ??? 3 Charges Remain.

[Fail] Mar's attempt at a physical repair doesn't work; it's not a flaw in the item's physical construction, but rather the haphazard way the spell was applied. However, he did shape it into the desired form.

[20 vs 22] He creates the bauble, but he feels like it might not last forever even if not moved.

The Little Sneak creates simple plates of stone armor that look visually similar to the armor it had previously possessed, suits of which still dotted the halls in places. It also makes two dots and a line for a "face."

Mar nods at the Little Sneak.

For Entertainment and training, Mar creates a hard Mana double of himself and a Hard Stone Handle for the Little Sneak, Studding a Hard Mana Blade with 3 Hellfire Shards, his double has a Life Mana sword, so it does not hurt.

Mar directs the Sneak to fight his miniature double, training his mana control and the Sneak's own skills as they engage in a low intensity duel.

Intended Result

Stone Knight Doll: Changes Little Sneak to Little Knight, Changing it's Damage Dice to use Syn, and Adding 1d6 Fire Damage.   3 Charges Remain.

A Knight made of Metallic Silicon and Stone Armor, it wields a Hard Mana Macuahuitl Studded with 3 Little Hellfire Shards.

Visual

Spoiler

YF15i15.png

Solomon takes the accumulator from Mar and attaches it to a part of his spear in the hopes that two fires set next to each other would eventually lead to both fires being put out "Well huh, I guess it wasn't a flaw in it's construction, perhaps I should talk to the shrinkwrapped dame later, and maybe get her to repair it", he takes a pork rind and offers it to Mar "So I have a question for you, You seem to present yourself as an old man, and while I know that the standard might be different between worlds, is it a Physical or societal limitation?".

"Thanks," Visrii murmurs at the black haired woman. It was much more assuring to have someone look sane helping him than Solomon.

He stands in a reclusive corner and holds Climax vertically in front of him. He places his cloak in front of him, and a gold coin to carve the runes out with.

Standing as rigidly as a rock, he silently begins the Attunement, white mana flowing out from him and the lady.

Enchanted Robe

Spoiler

Name: Enchanted Robe

Description: A fine brown robe with golden runes running down its length. Upon it, the Oath of Fire is written out in grandiose lettering.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats: 1 STR, 5 SYN

Weight: 1

SYN Bonus: ???

Special Effects: ???

People Involved

Spoiler

Visrii: 7 SYN
Hikari: 6 SYN

Materials Used

Spoiler

Gold Coins

Plain brown robe

Blackflame

As Leon is polishing his sabers, he watch Mar training the black blob, he chuckled a bit since it remind him of his friend.

Varika would be very excited to see him training an unknown creature and probably joining him on it.

He smiled a bit after remembering his friend, he then looks to his sabers.

I really need a strong material for sharpen these... as he sighes to himself.

he then got an idea, a brilliant idea if he could say so.

"does someone have a strong sharpening tool? Anything is fine as long as it's extremely strong, I need it to sharpen these Sabers."

Edited by LeonVermillion

"I am old you boob.  I just happen to be spry in my old age.  Apparently, most races live far longer than my own, where my own kind become adults around 11 years of age, and die around 15."

Mar comments.  He could have sworn he explained this before.

Mar turns to Leon.

"I could try knapping it, which is to say, flaking off shards of it so that it has a razor sharp edge, this loses material though, and holds some risk, so It is up to you."

"Physical limitation it is, I guess I can see it now can't I? The tale of Mar, one of the saviors of the multiverse, the one who fought successfully against a demonic invasion of the multiverse, despite his relatively advanced age" Solomon smiled as he said the last word of that sentence "Not bad, not bad at all Sir Mar, I'll try to keep you alive until then, somebody has to tell the story first right?".

"I now pretty much nothing about the materials present on your swords, although I must point out the elephant i the room and say that your swords are exceedingly useless, why the fuck did you bring some dull swords to a gun fight anyway?".

Edited by Cronos5010

"Well... in my world versality is everything, but I kind of left the rest of my weapon, and these sabers are always strapped on my back. please... The sabers is pretty dull but it can still cut throught Wood... well not as easy as before. I never lose in a gun fight, even when I only have this. I still got my speed for getting up close very easily, so try not to think that I'm really that useless." Leon commented.

Leon then turn to Mar, "oh hmmm, I just need some strong sharpening tool, so that at least I could sharpen it just a bit. Probably sharp enough to cut wood without any efford. In it's prime, these sabers, can cut through steel without any real efford, just randomly swing it and it can cut them, now..." Leon sighes to himself, on seeing his favorite weapon given by his friend is now very weak.

• Upvote 1

Mar Picks up a rock, and cracks off a flake of it.

"You mean like this?"

He shears through a piece of metal with the flake of stone like the paper test, the one where someone glides a blade through paper effortlessly and cleanly to demonstrate it's sharpness.

"Whenever my kind break something, it becomes stronger, and I am the Elder Hunter of my Tribe, so I can create Breaks with high precision in any entity,  a Terrifying combination.  I stand by my claim that the Orcish Arts surpass human science in material durability, but that is neither here nor there."

"As for strong sharpening tools... Maybe I could create some sort of rasp."

"Argent, how precice can you manipulate your hellfire? Could you give me a demonstration?"

Mar asks, turning to the young boy.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"well if I focus....."

-he closes his eyes and cups his hands as if to hide something....then as the slowly open a flower formed of hellfire blooms. Its roots snake out of his hands, circling around him, then start to reach for the stone walls. Coiling. Forming patterns of burning vines and root. Forms break of from the flower, becoming butterfly's and birds. They look a little shaky as they fly around, and move slower. Argent can't see around the room, especially with his eyes closed, so he has to carefully guide by memory.  Then he opens his eyes, now all black. All the hellfire comes back to him swirling around and forming dragons that circle him, before they shatter and dissipate harmlessly. Eventually the curtain drops and argent is just sitting there.-

"I can do that. Not the easiest thing in the world. Wouldent have tried it somewhere flammable. Used to I couldn't really control it all, so i wore a pendant that kept my powers locked down. I only took it off when I was going to practice control or absolutely had to risk it. But now I can basically make it do whatever I want."

Edited by Endlessblaze

"If I were you I'd get a monofilament sword, it takes a lot of work, documentation and bribery to get one if you go through the legal channels, but they can cut through your average van like a novahot knife through butter" Solomon ignores the demon boy and continues eatung pork rinds "Speed means nothing when your enemy has enough guns boy, you can't dodge a bullet once it is already on the way".

"Monofilament? What is that?"

"Well, anyway, I believe we can help Leon, and others who use blades, are you knowledgeable about what a grind-wheel is?"

"Lastly, Dodging bullets is hard, blocking them is much easier, especially with an Orcish Weapon.  My kind have a special tool we use in war against gun users, It is called a Carven, think of it like a cheese grater crossed with a bowl and shield.  Bullets striking it are split into pieces, curved around, and launched back with smaller profiles, higher density, and with the right orc wielding it, more force."

"It is essentially a dinnerbowl full of knives, which slice bullets as they impact it, and result in stronger bullets being returned at our leisure."

Mar catches himself, he had a point he wanted to make.

"I suggest we combine the better qualities of Orcish Obsidian, Hellfire, and Necrotic Concrete into a Grindwheel, infusing Death and Fire into the Edge of a weapon with magic as it wears it away."

"I myself am one short of a quarter century; I guess I am the oldest here then."

Kagari snorted. Mere children, all of them.

She turned her attention to more important matters - namely, Hikari's butt.

"No, no, no. Your circles are going wide. They're also too inconsistent. Here, more like this."

Without warning, Kagari reached out and grabbed Hikari's butt, then guided it along the correct path of rotation.

"Monofilament is essentially a piece of metal that can cut through pretty much anything, I don't really know any details, but I think it had something to do with the sharpening process, I believe that you have never gone against a well trained army then, you can't really dodge a hail of bullets, although your idea seems like it would work if they had less modern weaponry" Solomon stood in place while humming a little tune until he heard Mar's plan to construct a grind stone "That sounds extremely irresponsible and potentially dangerous to everyone inside of this castle, so you know, is there anything I can do to help?".

"Indeed, dodging that many bullets is nigh impossible, as our elders have recorded, but you don't need to dodge with a Carven, It is simply a giant shield that redirects the bullets with minimal loss in energy and an increase in density and a smaller profile.  The enemy bullets come back to them stronger than before, and explosive armaments are destroyed by danger seeking arrow bundles, by tipping arrows with ebonstone, they seek out things which are dangerous, unless they too are ebonstone."

"I am not sure how you can help, but it would be appreciated, certainly."

Mar says, deferring.

8 hours ago, Code: PIRULUK said:

"I myself am one short of a quarter century; I guess I am the oldest here then."

Kagari snorted. Mere children, all of them.

She turned her attention to more important matters - namely, Hikari's butt.

"No, no, no. Your circles are going wide. They're also too inconsistent. Here, more like this."

Without warning, Kagari reached out and grabbed Hikari's butt, then guided it along the correct path of rotation.

It's training, it's training, it's training... Hikari thinks as Kagari corrects her "figure-eight". 

Ivory is watching the training with interest, from directly behind the two. "Perhaps I can learn a proper way to follow up on such attacks, if Hikari learns this. Given your enthusiasm, I imagine she will not be the only one you attempt to teach." she says. She walks in a slow circle, inspecting the technique.

Mar creates a mortar and pestle, then grinds up a single small hellfire shard into coarse shards.

when this works, he uses necro concrete and orcish obsidian shards to make a grindwheel from the hellfire grit.

"I'll attach it to a mechanism later, but for now, you should be able to sharpen things on it."

Mar provides silicone oil to anyone wishing to sharpen things on the unfinished grind wheel's rough and magical surface.

"Do you all know a professional method of grinding by hand? if you just scrape rocks on it, it will never get sharp."

"I only know the Orcish Method admittedly, which is strong and few strokes, complimenting speed and use of inner strength."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Rather unfortunately I do not know of any manual grinding method, I am better of with magic and guns than I am with any close ranged edged weapons, and no I don't have a book on sword usage with me, I seem to have misplaced the entire collection, you may be better off asking someone else" Solomon glances at his now sort of pure spear and at the grindstone, but he decides to let someone else have the honor.