[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"Then I have no choice.  I'll use my old sword and assemble a proper grindwheel."

Mar Does so, Hefting up the stone and plugging it's central hole with the handle that used to be his sword, he mounts it on a Hard Rock Construct and attaches a footpedal to it, which can be hooked up to the ship later.  He spawns Silicone Oil with magic and lubricates all of the moving parts so that it runs smoothly.

He tests it out, creating and discarding a Stone Sword, tossing it into the garbage.

"There, this magical device should enhance bladed weapons from blunt to ground with ease.  Though it will confer no benefit to blades which are already Sharp."

Ship Bauble:

Necro Hellfire Grindwheel: A Grindwheel made from Hellfire Grit, Necromantic Concrete, and Orcish Obsidian, resulting in a Highly Abrasive Magic Grinding tool, Mar periodically lubricates it to keep it running smooth.

Change a Bladed Weapon's Damage to 2d4+Stat instead of it's current formula (Fixed Change, weapons above this bonus are not affected at all)

Marks a tool as unholy unless sanctified, this applies to any weapon.

Requires 5 Str

"It is done, Have at it, and I can teach you how to utilize it if you do not know yourself."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Solomon watches as Mar demonstrates how to use the grindstone, and asks him for advice on how to use it himself, Solomon proceeds to sharpen his spear on the grind stone "You might want to try to use this Leon, just in case it works".

He might notice the grind wheel spraying purple slime everywhere and actually being on fire.  The Spear might glow as it becomes even more of an affront to any decent being.

It is Sharper, but is also weeping a purple slime from it's edges, and the gold is tainted as well, stained a glowing purple.  Eventually, the Flame fades from the wheel, and the spear stops weeping.  It is thoroughly tainted though, and clearly, even the gold near it's blade has been tarnished with unholy energy.

"Such is magic.  It seems your spear has become worse and better."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Solomon stares at the result of his latest experiment, and smirks as he hears Mar talks "You say worse and better, I just hear better, the end goal was to make this deadlier, we still have a long way to go until this can become a legacy weapon".

Edited by Cronos5010

Leon after he got the enchanted stone to sharpen his sabers is now trying to sharpen both of it.

crap... I knew it can only sharpen the sabers just a little bit. Leon sighs to himself.

As he try to sharpen his sabers he began thinking on what Mar and Solomon said.

Maybe they were right... I've only been fighting bandits and mindless invasive creatures, guess now I know why I lost to her...

Leon now try to distract himself from his own failure in the past by he's watching Mar creating a Grinder.

I wonder if that one could sharpen these two?

Solomon ignores the demon and walks towards Theodore, he takes Theodore's disco ball rather force fully from the table where Theodore had been working on it, and hands it to Mar before saying "Can you make this not broken?".

[24 vs 19]

Name: Enchanted Robe

Description: A fine brown robe with golden runes running down its length. Upon it, the Oath of Fire is written out in grandiose lettering. It has a minor protective enchantment applied to it.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats: 1 STR, 5 SYN

Weight: 1

SYN Bonus: For every 5 syn after the initial requirement, RES increases by 1.

Special Effects: Warded: +1 RES.

The ship rumbled, with the engines groaning audibly but not deafeningly as they had previously, announcing the hodgepodge craft's arrival at their first destination. A familiar voice crackled to life over an unseen intercom. "Cid here. Once this piece of shit stops moving you should be good to walk around. Mostly. None of the nasty stuff from between worlds likes to hang around. Just remember to get back into one of the safe zones before you launch again." It was now time for those going to explore - and possibly save - this world to leave while the rest moved on; the group would be back once their missions were complete.

(You are now free to move between zones, or leave on a subplot. However, please only make ONE move.)

Visrii got out from his extended Attunement, his arms sore from the enchanting process. It took longer than usual, though he hypothesised it was probably because he was so far away from the Flame.

He picked up the cloak, still warm and shimmering, like a live coal from a flame. Gold lettering outlined the cloak, the Oath of Fire in old tongue.

"In darkness, grant them guidance.

In storm, grant them courage.

In battle, grant them victory.

As a Vessel of the Fire, bear the embers of the World."

These were the words that he had for so long lived with, the words carved upon his very action. He will see to it that the Flame never fades, whatever the means, whatever the costs.

Mar approaches, Silently, but in sight.

He's curious about the strange power, certainly, but does not initiate questioning out of courtesy.

Mar moves to the Throne Hall.  He needs more materials to do what he would like to get done.

--

Mar returns to the Smithy, having completed the Intellectual's Workshop

Edited by Hal Henderics

• 4 months later...

Mot spent a while wandering the rooms of the castle in search of a place where he could find a smithery or some form of scientist to turn the currently useless raw materials he had in to a refined weapon and possibly a reinforcement to the armor he is already wearing.

Thankfully he made a right at the entry hall, and he eventually made his way into the barracks after entering a kitchen and the quarters he was in earlier.

He would have stayed in the quarters to try and talk to the barbarian called Mar about the item, but rather unfortunately the man had already stepped out of the room to leave somewhere, and the entire place was too busy for his tastes.

He put the membrane and the prongs on the anvil before asking to anyone who would listen "Is there any way to turn these lightning emitting leg like things and this extraordinarily tough...membrane into something more usable? I was thinking of a weapon for the legs, and maybe we could use the membrane to improve my armor's toughness?".

He eventually noticed Mar's presence and successfully resisted the urge to facepalm as he turned to face Mar.

Edited by Cronos5010

Mar looks at the membrane, and strikes it with a rock to test it.

The membrane does not react at all.

"It will be hard."

Mar reacts simply.

The prongs, however, look simple enough, already crackling with electricity, the 6 legs look ready for a weapon already.

"We could embed them in a steel weapon. Channel the lightning."

"What weapon do you want?"

"I could also try to use magic, to change it. If you had something in mind."

Mot nodded politely at Mar's examination of the loot he brought with him. He acknowledged how hard it would be to utilize the membrane, and he decided to try and figure out a way to use it later.

But Mot had a rather bright idea that definitely was not inspired by any Star Wars cartoons or anything "A lance! That would be the ticket actually, I basically ride an iron horse anyway, and he drives himself".

For once in the entirety of this trip Mot took off his helmet and placed it down on a nearby table, revealing his receding hairline and commanding mustache for everyone to see "I want it to be as deadly as a fully armed and angry chapter of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang, to be as ridiculously dangerous as the idea of performing a high chair before doing a jump over a bus and performing a Christ while in the air before landing perfectly....in a Harley Davidson Road Glide Special. In short I want it to be the most dangerous thing you can potentially create, but of course not that dangerous to the wielder.".

Mot nodded in assent to Mar's request, and he took off the white gloves on his hands. They shone with an eery light light as he set the gloves down. "I'll see what I can do to help".

And then... Chaos.

Lightning Blasts from the open doors of the smithy, The angelic Choruses sing and scream in equal measure, Reality itself is bent and folded into a tool of war, and the blood of the multiverse is drained for fuel.

The final result is something frightening.

It looks like a lance, but it is too large to be called that, Too deadly.  This is a tool that can only be called a "Weapon".  No simple description could even begin to describe it, but this humble author will try.

6 Prongs of a planet killing monster lie bound in Magic Steel and Flaming Ruby, ash sealed within the ruby coating causing the blazing plasma to spin in a drill like fashion, while the prongs themselves levitate, spinning in the opposite direction, silent, but horrifically loud, the drill is accentuated with a central cone of pure blackness, surrounding the weapon as a whole, and in the center of the drill, a spire of pure white drills forward and out of it's front, spinning in a direction that man has yet to name, a direction that is neither clockwise nor counterclockwise.

The handle is quite simply, an engine block, a massive chunk of gyrating and pulsating machinery that screams in rage, hungry for the blood of it's master's enemies, and for the blood of it's master, arcane devices within blast pure magic into each of the 6 prongs of the drill, and fire a blast of the same energy up and through the middle of the weapon.

Even if the prongs themselves were weightless, the handle alone weighs more than a car, the compressed and concentrated energy nearly bending space with it's sheer energy and force.

It could be called a lance, if one were to blind themselves to it's destructive, primal, irresistible power.

The weapon's handle sits in a tight steel clamp. As the damaging portion of the weapon cannot be allowed to touch anything but an enemy.

Upon seeing the Weapon finally come to fruition Mot could only stand with his mouth agape at what he has created, and he could only barely resist the urge to kneel before it.

There was a tinge of hesitation in his voice, as if he was unsure if there was even a point in speaking, but after a while he finally said "Are you....sure? I do not think that I would be worthy of claiming such a weapon".

Mot didn't say anything at first as he approached the weapon, there was nothing to say, and when he picked the weapon up in his hands he felt the urge to say "May the Lord have mercy on our enemies".