[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"Hmmm...something cheery..."

(that trip to starfall?) 

(Perfect)

"well one time we took a family trip to a coastal town called starfall. mother, that is, my biological mother, had just competed a pretty pricey job, and decided we needed to do something special with it, so we decided to go to starfall. It was a nice place. And pretty clean. Merchants sold shell necklaces on the sides of the cobblestone streets, and as you got further in you started to hear the waves. Mother was the only one of us who had swam in the ocean before, so we went to the beach."

argent stops here and giggles 

"first thing that happened was my mother got pinched by a crab. She went totally overkill on the thing and shot it with an explosive arrow as it ran away. Anyways we spent most of the day there, then got a room at a seaside inn. We split the rooms, one for me and my brother, one for mother and mother clarity. The beds were soft enough and the food was good. The tavern on the ground floor was a little rowdy though. It dident bother us because we're used to noisy nights courtesy of our parents. Next morning was a shopping trip, we got some new clothes, had something to eat, and just spent the day haveing fun"

"Well, my youngest memory is when I was 2, I had found a True Boar and rode it around the mountain, it was very displeased with this, and dragged me at least a mile underground!  My mother, Scar, was furious, and had me cleaning pots for a whole year after that...  Eventually, we hunted it down and ate very well that month, I still remember getting to eat the True Boar Ribs, the meat was very chewy, but fell right off the bone.  Around that same time is when I began my training for the Stonerist arts, since all of our tribe learned them in some fashion or another."

"Master Blemish was my teacher's name... I still... remember him fondly, he was about my own age, The hardest thing for an orc to learn is precision, it is why we were gifted to not require it in our lives, but Master Blemish pounded the value of precision into me from the first minute I entered his tutelage,  Quite literally in fact, when correcting me, he only struck the very base of my left calf with his little reed cane, without fail, in precisely the same spot.  It was only a light strike, but in the exact same spot each time I made a mistake, it became worse, and then better as I became Stronger and more skilled,  I remember the first time I split a bridge in half without either end falling to the abyss, It must have been the proudest day of my life, and Master Blemish Agreed, beaming himself."

Mar shows the spot on his calf, it is hard, like an insect carapace.

"He helped teach me that while you can claim meaning to any action, to make an action that your meaning is attributed to is the most difficult and precious thing you can do.  To not simply have the best of intentions, but the best of results as well.  To know when to apologize for being wrong, and be prepared to do so, even while being confident that you are not."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Interesting.  Be thankful I suppose, for such extremely long lives."

Mar still hears the voices, but they have settled into a background argument.  It seems they don't want him hearing this, it might undermine their authority...

Mar Creates a Blob of Silicon Mana, and has the Possessor Possess it. He then points to a plate of silicon on the floor. "Try." he says.

Maybe it knows how to make something he does not.

"I want to try a little experiment with my Little Sneak, Let's see if it has any artistic integrity." Mar Chuckles.

"Oooooo, neat idea."

argent starts thinking of things to make...

(Hey what was your symbol agian?)

(Before my long sleep many things represented those with my favor, or who aligned themselves with me. A burning rose was somewhat common)

(are you thinking what I'm thinking?)

(No but i know your thinking of a statue of a rose laced with hellfire, or Holyfire. Though considering you never make me so much as a shrine I'm wondering where your sudden interest is comeing from)

(Well if YOU were fighting evil wouldent you want to make an impression and let them know exactly who there up against.)

"A quarter century? Only, a quarter century? I have known men and women that have lived for ten times that amount, either due to greed and super science, or simply by being blessed with the right genes, personally, I am 29 years old, which would be rather long for my previous occupation, but isn't long enough for my then current job" Solomon sighs "I don't think that this whole saviors of the multiverse thing counts as a holiday for tax purposes now do you?" He then laughs at a joke that no one in the room knows "If they still have taxes back there of course".

"Indeed I will."

Mar gives it a gentle tug, and with reluctance, it exits this host.  Mar Gives it Heartless Metal Armor Mana, and, showing it a piece of Hard Rock for comparison, has it apply the mana as it pleases to the Silicon Doll.

"Try again."

It has had a small bit of practice, so enhancing it's doll with Hard Stone should let it armor and personalize this doll for future use.

Thaum>Heartless Armor>Silicon: (7, 10) This Mana type produces Hardrock, a Hard Grey Rock.

Visrii shrugs. "The oldest of my order reached 5 cycles over quarter-century, and The Fading killed him, and he wasn't even a mage. So I can probably tick off a few cycles and I'll drop off like a stray ember."

"That tends to happen in the medieval era, most people don't realize that back then the mere idea of living past twenty was unthinkable, although I do find it odd that the man died afterwards, most people who lived past thirty back then tended to live for another forty years, but anyway, I am guessing that this will only get worse for you wouldn't it? Tradition dictates that the least liked member of any group sacrifices themselves as some form of redeeming act, it's such a cliche", Solomon paces around the room, unconsciously replacing the bag of pork rinds with Izumi's eldritch shard, he then stares at it, and looks at his spear and he thinks 'No, I probably shouldn't...".

"Actually, normal people live until 50. Warriors and rogues, no less, unless Death claims them in battle.

And no, if you group a bunch of assholes together, you'll find the shittest person is the king."

Well, if this transit is just going to be talking a long time, may as well Attune and do something useful, then.

He took out a pocket-full of gold coin he carried, and picked a reclusive place to attempt to Attune into this robe.

Actually, on second thoughts, I'd probably need help with Attuning, can never be sure in other realms.

Visrii looked for people who can help in his Attunement.

((Looking for anyone with moderate-to-high SYN for crafting, please.))