[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"That's silly," said the tengu.  "Absurd, even.  You don't get people to swing clubs at trespassers if you don't have access to suitably sized clubs.  And you don't have trespassers to swing clubs at if the trespassers don't have reasons to be around to have clubs swinging at them.  So neither you or they would be here if YOU were right.  Wouldn't be a motive either way."

"Not that it's my concern, mind.  Sounds like something you'd want to contact your local shrine maiden for.  Hardly a mystery worth looking into for me."  Unless, of course, there was more to it than that.  Masako rested her chin in her hands, still kicking away from atop her perch.  If the gap hag had a motive for tossing her to this place in particular, then that was worth investigating.  "Though I suppose I could look into it, at least until I'm back in Gensokyo.  Does your employer pay in mon?  Or yen, at least?  No, nevermind, it's not important- hardly THEIR fault I'm stuck here.  Probably.  Unless she's your employer."

Edited by Lucky Lulu

"They're just, um, called Trespassers. They're, um, not just regular people trespassing." She had assumed that much would be obvious, at least. "We haven't actually fought, um, one yet, but I think Tiamat was, um, possessed by one or something." She returned to Rory's question after answering the ones that seemed rather more important. Food? She was actually kinda hungry herself. . . Hiroki wasn't actually sure where the food was. She'd been mostly concerned about finding a space to relax without people around. . . and she supposed there were technically no humans around at the moment, other than herself. "Isobel gardens, um, I think. She might know. I don't, um, know where she is, though."

Rory nods. He adopts a thinking pose for a couple seconds before standing up straight with his hands on his hips. "Well, they don't call me a hunter for nothing! And I'm sure that with our investigative friend here we can quickly track her down and see if there's any grub. Now then, where are the main areas she could be?"

"I think I, um, saw someone carrying dirt into one, um, of the suites at one point." She didn't really know where Isobel was other than in the castle; she'd paid precious little attention to the rest of the group save trying to evade them. Ghost was gone, vanished in a way according to her name. Had she been separated from the group? Left voluntarily? Or something worse? She wouldn't be the first one to simply. . . disappear. It was concerning, but some feeling told her it wasn't as much to worry about as she might think. She pointed down the hall, making a vague gesture to one side. "They're in that direction, um, but I dunno if you'll actually find her, um, there."

Rory nods and gives Hiroki a thumbs up. "Got it! Then let's get going, I seriously need to get something into my stomach before I consider swallowing one of you whole!" Rory speaks with a laugh but there's an underlying sense of seriousness to his tone that says he may have actually considered it at some point.

Mira

For the most part, Mira was glad when the new arrival took her suggestion and moved on. It gave her time to focus on her work, specifically with her armor and sword. Which, after resharpening her sword and fixing the smaller dents in her armor, she found that she had seemed to reach her maximum output for her sword's ability to cut, and her armor's ability to defend. At least, from conventional upgrades. 

So, Mira began to do something she had never done before. Infuse her own Magra into her weapon and armor. Which, despite it being something she had never attempted before, went rather well. With her energy coming back, it was fairly easy for her to channel a sizable portion of Magra into both of her equipment, leaving both to be shrouded in her typical dark mist. 

And with that, her work was done in the Barracks. There was no reason for her to remain in the Barracks anymore. So, Mira merely stood, and began to walk out of the area, a shroud of darkness following her as she went. Her strength had returned, and she now had nothing to stop her from investigating the rest of the castle.

Under normal circumstances, a comment like that might have prompted a comment from the tengu.  Skepticism, perhaps, that the man could unhinge his jaw before the shy girl with her murderdoll knocked him silly.  Or a dry reminder that tengu--and both youkai and non-youkai corvids--ate snakes a good deal more often than the other way around.  But she gave neither.  She didn't say anything at all.  The reason for this soon became quite clear.

The birdlike youkai had long since flown her perch.

Masako wasn't terribly hungry, at the moment--she'd had a large lunch, earlier--but she had her own reason to want to be off wandering in the direction of this Isobel person.  It gave her a good reason to see what other weird sorts had been tossed into this extradimensional dungeon, for one.  And more importantly, it gave her a reason to examine the stonework as she went.  There might be an interesting mystery, there.  Not like there could be THAT many western-styled castles in the middle of a place between realities.  Or at least the potentially infinite number of them would be infinitesimal compared to the infinitely many larger and infinitely more probable infinities that COULD be.  Though it definitely remained a definite possibility.

Or something.  Regardless, might as well look into it as Masako left the barracks.

Edited by Lucky Lulu